Will we win the raffle?

lux111

I entered a raffle for a large prize this morning that my son found in a magazine.

I asked whether we would win. The Virgo ascendant gives testimony to a woman and her son as querent. Mercury (me) in H9 (dreaming) Taurus (of wealth and possessions) relates to the question too.

It's nearing the MC and is only 18 seconds away from being essentially dignified in Gemini. It might be a stretch but I wonder if that suggests we would be successful if we just got a bit closer -- in the double bodied sign, buying a second ticket.

Mercury separates from dispositor and L2 (lord of prizes and income) Venus, and will next conjoin the NN and MC and trine L5 (lord of competitions) Saturn, who is well placed in domicile, also in the 6H, Virgo's natural house. This will be on May 12, the day the comp closes. They will be in mutual reception in each other's natural houses.

However, L2 Venus will catch up to Mercury by the end of the month in the 10th house (of success) at about 24 degrees, just before Mercury goes retrograde. Merc will stay in the 10H and in domicile during its June retro, between 24 and 16 Gemini.

Moon leaves an opposition with Mars, (L3 and L8) and applies to trine Sun, who conjoins Part of Fortune, also both in Taurus. Sun is natural ruler of H5 -- luck and competitions -- which seems good, except Sun is L12.

Jupiter, the other competition entrants (L7, my "competitors"), is taken as being in Pisces so is essentially strong, and a mini grand trine pointing at Neptune in domicile conjunct the Vertex may also point to luck for my competitors.

So the opposition maybe looks stronger.

Attachments

• will we win horary.jpg
    will we win horary.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 39

lux111

This is the event chart for the exact time I bought the ticket. I think it looks favorable

Attachments

• Event bought raffle ticket anon.jpg
    Event bought raffle ticket anon.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ElenaJ

To win a large amount of money in a lottery, you should have favourable transits to your natal chart and also favourable progressions. Have you checked these out? If you have no signs of wealth coming towards you, the horary cannot overturn that.
If we look at the horary chart, you are ascendent mercury.
Moon is your co-significator and the question, which is aptly placed by the cusp of the 5th, and shows what you are thinking about.
The lottery is the 5th and its ruler saturn.
There is no aspect between mercury and Saturn, which would give a negative answer.
There is some reception, mercury is in Saturn's terms and face, and Saturn is in the triplicity of mercury and the natural house of mercury. However, without any stronger indications, this isn't really enough to bring about a positive conclusion.
You entered the asteroids but don't mention them.
Spica symbolises great riches and wealth, and it is sitting on your 2nd cusp, of money.
Moon will eventually trine mercury, but when it does it will also exactly square Spica, which looks like neutralising any positive outcome.
Saturn is strong by sign, showing the large prize at stake, but it will receive both sun and Part of Fortune by square, not a good sign.
Looking at the general indicator of fortune, Jupiter, it will receive a square from mercury with no reception, showing a negative.
Moon is in detriment, so not strong in itself to help overturn the negative aspects.
Your hopes and wishes are the 11th, moon, and in detriment says you will be disappointed.
You consider your son as part of you, ascendent, but he is also your child, so he is 5th house in this chart and considering moon and Saturn, he isn't heading towards a win either.
Sorry.

PS. Please let us know how it works out!

Last edited:

lux111

To win a large amount of money in a lottery, you should have favourable transits to your natal chart and also favourable progressions. Have you checked these out? If you have no signs of wealth coming towards you, the horary cannot overturn that.

Thanks ElenaJ. Natal chart eh. In my natal right now I have Pluto squaring Pluto.. Neptune squaring Neptune.. Transit Uranus on Moon and opposite Jupiter.. Tx Mars on NN and Tx SN on Mars.. Tx Chiron opposite Sun.. Tx Sun on Chiron-AC.. and Tx Saturn squaring Jupiter. None of these rule my 2nd or 5th house. I guess we won't say it's favourable for lucky wins. K I'll just go back to my life crisis now :crying:

The horary Sun-PoF is on my natal Moon though.. the horary Mercury is on my natal AC, but the Moon is on my SN while Mars is on my NN

The horary NN is on my progressed Mars, and my progressed Sun and Jupiter are conjoined in the horary H2....

OK lol I guess that's enough clutching. Maybe you can see from this though why I'm fantasising about a golden ticket

ElenaJ

Yes, thanks for the laugh.
Hard times for a lot of us, these heavy transits are weighty.
They will pass but in the meantime it's a big challenge.
Don't give up your job yet, or buy a Jaguar, but also don't rip up the ticket!
You never know, there may be a consolation prize!

lux111

Just to update, I didn't win! The winner was someone from my state, though. No consolation prize from the competition however on the day of the prize-draw I was offered an interview for a job one day a week, 10 hours :)

ElenaJ

Actually the job interview is better than the prize!.
Interesting way it turned out.
Good luck.
It's always better to look for a job when you have a job.