Shedding Light on Chicago vs Boston

alliewar

I was excited about yesterdays NHL game, Chicago vs Boston.

So I asked, 'Will Chicago win todays game?'

I thought it was a Yes, but it was NO, they lost.

This is how I looked at the chart:

The question is about Chicago the sports team, so I placed the question in the 11th house. Ruled by the Moon.

The Moon makes no other aspects, but, a tight trine to north node. Thats positive.

The game it self is the 5th house ruled by Saturn. Saturn squares Lord 10 Venus. That shows tension between the game and the one with the higher reputation, top of the chart (Boston). A possible difficult win.

But..

The Moon applied to North node would show a win for Boston if Cancer wasn't the 11th house.

Am I placing my question in the 11th house wrong?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_488_will_chicago_win_to_days_game no.jpg
    astro_2gw_488_will_chicago_win_to_days_game no.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 19

dr. farr

I only look at (ie delineate) the Nodes by conjunction (or Parallel of declination)-although sometimes I consider conjunction to be the entire sign (like the Hellenists-and Vedic jyotisha-do) Usually, though, my conjunction orb for Node is 2-3 degrees (Parallel max of 2 degrees)...

Last edited:

alliewar

Thanks dr.farr and fensi88,
I've noticed that the question doesn't belong to the 11th house.
I also noticed that the VOC moon doesn't always give you the answer, the rest of the chart needs to be taken into consideration.

dr. farr

Based on my experiments, I long ago abandoned horary for sports outcome questions; I've found using an event chart for the time and place of the beginning of the sports event, taking the dispositor of the ascendant for the home team (or the favorite) and the dispositor of the 7th house for the visitor (or the underdog), as the basis for further delineations, to be much more productive in determining a likely winner.