Working as an intern, contract expires on 5/31/2014 will i be a regular employee?

Led

Hi, I am working as a cadet engineer for a semiconductor company. It is my first job ever after college, and I started working in here last October 1, 2013. The job required me to undergo a cadetship engineering development program, and to complete a project assignment.

After 8 months, at exactly May 31, 2014, I will be evaluated based on my performance and on the availability of vacant regular positions. It's either I will be formally absorbed by the company as a regular employee or I will be let go, with the promise that we will be called back immediately when a regular position that meets our qualifications opens up.

Questions in here:

Will I be regularized immediately before or after 5/31, or will I be let out of my contract?

Attached is my natal and horary chart. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 23
  • will i be regularized.jpg
    will i be regularized.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 24

Harold

As is often the case in "job" charts, there is a mixture of testimony from the 10th and the 6th houses and I feel that this is true of this chart (the horary chart) too.

Venus rules the 6th house as well as the ascendant, so which is it here? The Moon is co-significator of the querent and is sat on the cusp of the 6th house, showing your concern about your job, so we will take the Moon to be you. Venus is perched nicely on the cusp of the 9th house, showing a job which entails a degree of higher education, which is your internship.

Will your internship translate into a full time job? The Moon is applying to a square with Venus. Venus has some essential dignity in Capricorn (triplicity) but the Moon has its detriment in Capricorn, so the Moon is not going to feel like making the effort to overcome the difficulty of the square aspect.

Venus is disposed by Saturn, which also rules the 10th house and Saturn is sat right on the descendant, in opposition to the ascendant. This is also not good. Saturn here is the company, who has the gift of granting you the job or not. It is in their power to grant you this favour, which is what the 10th house is all about.

Venus (the job) moves next to a sextile aspect with Saturn (the company). Venus is four degrees away from the perfection, and the decision takes place in four months. Venus is disposed by Saturn, showing how Venus wants Saturn to act on her behalf. But Saturn is peregrine, so no power in this situation, and as noted before Saturn is in opposition to the ascendant.

My reading of this is that you will not be offered a full time job in May.

Last edited:

loveastrology

Harold, can you explain if it would make a difference if this is considered to be a career type job for the person asking? Because Venus (querent) is in sextile to Saturn, ruler of the 10th (career type position). Also, the position receives the querent (Venus) in Capricorn... that seems positive to me? But I am new to horary?

Harold

Harold, can you explain if it would make a difference if this is considered to be a career type job for the person asking? Because Venus (querent) is in sextile to Saturn, ruler of the 10th (career type position). Also, the position receives the querent (Venus) in Capricorn... that seems positive to me? But I am new to horary?

First off, I think this simple demarcation between 6th house for "jobs" and 10th house for "careers" is a fudge and comes about through a lack of proper understanding of the 10th house. Basically, if you are being paid for what you do rather than the hours you work, it is 10th house.

But if you decide to take the afternoon off and go fishing instead of finishing the report you were supposed to do, (you were going to do that at the weekend), and you get hauled up in front of a supervisor for a telling off, then your time is not your own and the job is 6th house - even if you are a trained accountant working for a bank where you get $1m bonus each year!

You chose Venus for the querent here - I did not for the reasons I gave. But in the end it is your chart and you are the astrologer responsible for the delineation - regardless of how much experience you think you have in horary.

Another point is that a good aspect between significators is not (usually) enough for an astrologer to be confident of a positive outcome. If the significators lack dignity and are poorly placed, then the energy to produce the promised positive outcome just is not there and a deal of circumspection is called for.

loveastrology

Thanks! Seems that most jobs would alternate between 6th and 10th depending on the hour, in that case. Often, a person is paid for what they do, and yet most people, even high ranked people, have superiors and the superiors can ream them whenever they see fit.

suhasg

Led,

You asked the same question on 19th Jan 2014. I had answered to that then.

For Horary, one shouldn't ask the same query again in a short interval. There should be some significant new development related to the query or there is least 3-6 months time gap in between.

My answer to your query then was "NO" and I also indicated that another job will come by Jul 2014. My answer today is still the same.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Led

Thank you very much for all of your input and interpretations. I will be sure to update whatever happens to me in the near future.

Led

Quoting other interpretations:

I use KP and KCIL Horary techiques.

I didn't use your birth chart but constructed a Horary chart using the time and place of me reading your post .

First I am sorry to disappoint you, but this what the chart showed to me.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1> [/FONT]You won’t get the job.
[FONT=&quot]2> [/FONT]But, I also see a good job opportunity during the period from 07 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2014.

I didn’t check for rest two questions.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Wish you all the best.

Led

Updating this thread.

Harold and suhasg got it right. My internship contract ended last 5/31/2014. At that time, as far as I knew, the company has totally zero plans of renewing/extending it or offering a new full-time or regular contract.

So I went on and pursued applications with 2 other companies, namely company A and B. Among the two companies, the one which I liked more and the one where I believe I fared well during interviews/exams was Company B.

• 7/4/2014, Company A contacted me if I was still interested in the job (last time they contacted was June 2). I said no since I feel like I wasn't a good fit in their environment.
  • 7/9/2014, Company B offered me a job. Did not accept it right away, said I was going to mull it over first.
  • 7/11/2014, Company where I did internship in called and discussed the plans of renewing my internship contract for 8 months. Said they will be calling next week to offer me the job.
  • 7/11/2014, Company where I did internship in called again, this time, asking me to attend an interview for another position they were considering me in. It was also project based. So overall, I have two potential offers with this company. Did not attend the interview, and turned this one down.
  • 7/21/2014, After much mulling over and hesitance, I finally accepted the job in Company B.
  • 7/23/2014, Started working in Company B.

Thank you very much for your inputs guys. You both got it right that I will be getting a job this July. I apologize to SuhasG for posting this thread over and over again in the past, the truth was I was just fishing for more response and interpretation in the thread. I was not deliberately trying to repost the horary in the hopes of a more positive outcome.

To be quite honest, I'm not entirely sold on yet with this new job. It is also on the same industry but for many reasons it is not up to par with my previous company. Now that I look at it, the previous company is my ideal company and I was hoping to stay longer there. Still hurts how I was not regularized in there but oh well, I'll get over it.

THANK YOU GUYS!

IleneK

Premium Member
Updating this thread.

I apologize to SuhasG for posting this thread over and over again in the past, the truth was I was just fishing for more response and interpretation in the thread. I was not deliberately trying to repost the horary in the hopes of a more positive outcome.

I see. Speaking of the truth, and if you don't mind my asking, the reason then that you were fishing for more response and interpretation in the thread, if not in hopes for a positive outcome, would be?

Last edited:

Led

I see. Speaking of the truth, and if you don't mind my asking, the reason then that you were fishing for more response and interpretation in the thread, if not in hopes for a positive outcome, would be?

being a neophyte in reading horary charts, I enjoy and learn from the different delineation techniques that everyone is pitching in, just like how Harold and loveastrology in this thread are discussing. Suhasg even used a different technique in reading the chart, although the interpretation agreed with Harold's in the end.