I keep getting charts wrong.... =[

ladyanachronism

I posed this question way back in April asking: 'Will I get a job soon?'

Overall, when I saw it, I thought the chart was very positive. In fact, I thought it was the most positive chart I have got.... probably ever.

The AC is slightly early, but took this as the outcome depended on me. In response to this, I have been very proactive in my search.

I am ruled by Mars. The job is ruled by the Leo 10th house, so it's ruled by the Sun. The Moon is in Sagg- all of the significators are fire signs- together they form a Grand Trine.

The Sun is separating a trine from Mars. However, the Moon (Action) is just about to trine mars (Me) and then it will go on to trine the Sun.

Mars and the Sun are in mutual reception- another good sign, or so I thought.

Even if I use the 6th house (I am a student with no qualifications, so what I'm looking for may be classed under "mundane") the job is ruled by Aries, and you still have the Moon/Mars aspect, which is almost perfect!

So, it's the end of June now, and still no job. Without sounding like I'm whining... (which I am lol) WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THESE WRONG!? If I had cast the chart and then done nothing to find a job, fair enough, but I haven't. I have applied for a lot... a LOT of jobs.
The only one I have heard from is a cafe, and she said she'd get in touch. A week went by, so I called in again. She said she'd call me tomorrow. Tomorrow was yesterday.

I am so down, because I really need this money.

So, my question is... what have I got wrong this time? Is there anything overwhelmingly negative in this chart that I've missed?

Thanks! =)

Last edited:

BobZemco

The AC is slightly early, but took this as the outcome depended on me. In response to this, I have been very proactive in my search.

Regiomantus has the Ascendant at 3° Sco 08' so it isn't all that early.

I am ruled by Mars. The job is ruled by the Leo 10th house, so it's ruled by the Sun. The Moon is in Sagg- all of the significators are fire signs- together they form a Grand Trine.

No, they do not because...

The Sun is separating a trine from Mars.

...that's why.

Separating aspects indicate what is in the Past. Applying aspects what is in the Future. You saw it, you just didn't read it right.

Had you made appointment for a specific job, or had your hopes pinned on a specific job, I'd say you can let it go, because you didn't get it and are no longer being considered for it.

Yes, the Moon is a co-significator of you, but it also shows your interests and concerns, and the 2nd House is your Income/Possessions.

However, the Moon (Action) is just about to trine mars (Me) and then it will go on to trine the Sun.

Yes, but Sagittarius is Intercepted. So the Moon being in Sagittarius is being held back, or unable to fully express itself or its energy.

Mars and the Sun are in mutual reception- another good sign, or so I thought.

Right again, but sometimes that doesn't help or isn't enough.

Even if I use the 6th house (I am a student with no qualifications, so what I'm looking for may be classed under "mundane") the job is ruled by Aries, and you still have the Moon/Mars aspect, which is almost perfect!

So, it's the end of June now, and still no job. Without sounding like I'm whining... (which I am lol) WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THESE WRONG!? If I had cast the chart and then done nothing to find a job, fair enough, but I haven't. I have applied for a lot... a LOT of jobs.
The only one I have heard from is a cafe, and she said she'd get in touch. A week went by, so I called in again. She said she'd call me tomorrow. Tomorrow was yesterday.

I am so down, because I really need this money.

So, my question is... what have I got wrong this time? Is there anything overwhelmingly negative in this chart that I've missed?

Yes, we know you're concerned about money because as I said earlier, the Moon is in the 2nd House.

What you missed was Venus, Cadent, in Domicile, ruling the 7th, 8th and 12th Houses in an applying square to Mars, and Mercury, Cadent, ruling your 11th and Gemini Intercepted in the 8th, conjunct Venus and also in an applying square to Mars.

I'd say there are obstacles holding you back related to 7th and 12th House issues.

astro09

The most relevant issue: the aspect between you (mars) and the job (sun). By looking at the square between Venus and mars, you can see the interference/obstacle between you and the job. See how Venus conj. desc (7th H of others), your rival (other candidate) came in between.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and should be ignored by beginning students; the above posts by BobZemco and Astro09 should be accepted by beginning students)

First, in my opinion "soon" has passed and it is time to ask a new horary regarding this matter.
Second, by the Ankara tradition (which I mostly follow), relative to the reference chart (with this chart erected in whole sign format)
-fixed signs are on the pivots = increases likelihood of status quo remaining the same which, relative to this specific horary question = - testimony
-querent = ascendant = Scorpio = Mars significator
-quesited (getting a job; employment) = 6th house = Aries = Mars significator
In the Ankara tradition if same significator = querent and quesited, that single planetary significactor's relationships and connections ONLY, are taken into consideration
-Mars square ascendant degree = - testimony
-Moon trine Mars = + testimony
-Moon flees (is ahead of in the Zodiac) Mars = - testimony
Adding up the testimonies we find 1 + testimony and 3 - testimonies; this results in a "probably not" answer (by the Ankara method)

If using the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball method (if interested in this experiment see under the thread of this name in the Horary Technques section):
-if we take the ascendant as significator = Scoprio = Mars = a "no" by the 8 Ball rules
-if instead we take the 6th house sign (employment house) as significator we find Aries = Mars = also a "no" answer by the 8 Ball.

(Note: since in my opinion the pendency of this April horary-qualified time wise by the word "soon" in the original question- has expired, and the querent has not become employed, I consider the reference horary now as a known-outcome matter: in the 8 Ball experiment, therefore, I consider this a correct prediction by the 8 Ball)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I might have thought the same thing at first glance and thought, yeah!

Moon does trine Mars, then goes onto trine Sun/job.. But, Venus squares Mars first, so perhaps that was Venus, the competition causing an obstacle to Mars in relation to this question.

The Merc ruling 11th house of wishes squaring Mars isn't good either.

Final aspect of Moon is square to Saturn, which rules the end of the matter, that is a big 'no' in my view, Saturn squares in horary.

They did like you though, Sun being in Mars sign, and Mars being in Sun, it looked like it was a definate go.

I would agree with the others, Mars squaring AScendant suggests a negative answer.

NR

Culpeper

Premium Member
The only thing you actually did wrong is use the word "soon" in your question. This is defined as "before long" which does not help much. However, your chart looks to be entirely radical, and you should not give up on it. Casting another at this point will just lead to confusion.

You have to consider the timing of the horary chart. William Lilly covered many timing methods in the third volumn of Christian Astrology, but recent horary books say little about it. Timing is important in astrology, but is the most forgotten part. I have seen the final outcome occur several years after a chart was cast.

In your chart, using whole sign houses, the main significators, Sun and Mars, are separating, but they are in mutual reception very favorable for the outcome. The Sun is cadent indicating that this will not be a quick search. Saturn which rules the final outcome is cadent and retrograde which also indicates delay. You can also use the Moon as an alternate indicator for yourself. Eleven degrees separate a trine aspect of the Moon and the Sun indicating that the job search may take as long as eleven months. This is not the best news.

The natural motion of a significator can also be used. Saturn will go direct and perfect a sextile aspect with the stationary Moon in mid August. This indicates a possible time for the final outcome of finding a job. Also profections can be used. Count one house for each month. I usually start with the house representing the quesited. Counting from the tenth house five houses for April to August. This is the second house represented by a very favorable Jupiter.

Thus there are several possibilities, but two methods point to August. So do not lose hope and continue your job search.

ladyanachronism

Thank you all for your replies. =) I get the parts of the chart that I missed, but I still feel that there are some things I was right about...

re: mutual reception said:
Right again, but sometimes that doesn't help or isn't enough.

Wasn't it Botanus that said "mutual reception abates all malice?"

Second of all, isn't it true that all the Planets are players, yet the moon signifies the action? Sure, Sun and Mars are separating from a trine, but this could signify me making an application. The Moon THEN applies to Mars, and most horary books I have read says the most important aspect is the first one that is made, and is the most likely outcome.

Also, I feel I phrased my question wrong. I asked this question last year, and as to differentiate the two, I added "soon" to the end of the question. When I cast the question, I figured I was asking about 3 or 4 months in the future. Aren't Horary charts supposed to last 3 months anyway? And it has only JUST expired (4th July) That's why I feel that there was still life in the chart when I posted this thread. Also, in Anthony Louis's book on horary says that often the wording of a question hides the root of the question at hand, and we should consider what it is we really want, rather than what we think will grant us the answer we want in a horary question.

Also, won't the Moon, once it has applied to Mars, positively translate the light to the Sun?

However, at the end of it all. I am still unemployed. I apologise if I sounded rude now or in my original posting, unemployment is really getting to me, and I thought this was a really positive sign. Oh well, maybe I'm reading the wrong books on Horary, haha.

dr. farr

The Anthony Louis horary book is (I think) one of the best, and of course who can beat Bonatti? (I must quickly add that my approach to horary only has very tenuous connections with either of these authors, but that's another story; your study of these authors, also considering a study of DeLuce's little gem as well, and possibly the old Raphael's "Horary", will enable you to get good results in horary work)
But timing in horary is a very difficult matter-THE most difficult, in spite of various "systems" suggested to deal with this issue. A horary chart might be valid for a week, another for 3 months, yet another for 1 or 2 years (I never have found a chart valid for more than that period of time, but that is just my experience) The tradition I mostly follow (the Old Turkish "Ankara" tradition) used the zodiacal time-period tables given by Al-Biruni (taken by him from the Greek astrologer Vettius Valens), and applied either to the ascendant sign of the horary, or (less frequently) to the Moon sign of the horary, to determine the likely "validity period" of the horary answer. I have found these tables to work fairly well (but. in my experience, much better and more accurately than the usual fixed/cardinal/mutable days/weeks/months calculations, or distance of Moon travel methods, recommended by most horary authors) If you would like I'll append these tables-post here if you are interested.

astro09

...Aren't Horary charts supposed to last 3 months anyway? And it has only JUST expired (4th July) That's why I feel that there was still life in the chart when I posted this thread.

Tht is too rigid (at least for me). I like a different alternative better. That is, if something has changed --somehow--there is a chance to ask the question again.

Let say, for illustration purposes, that you ask the question but you have not applied for a single job whatsoever (most likely athe reason why you get a negative answer). That is condition#1. If after you had asked your question you go out and start applying for a number of jobs, then the conditions have changed. You are doing something different that you were not doing before. That is condition#2 (you are out there actively looking for a job, not waiting to fall in your lap).

Of course, you can also allow sometime to wait befor asking the question again. My point is, that there is more flexibility that you may think.

It is undestandable the need to be cautious and avoid asking the question too many times--or you will end up more tangled than a spaghetti dish.

BobZemco

Wasn't it Botanus that said "mutual reception abates all malice?"

Probably, but the planets still have to be in good condition. A weak planet is a weak planet, whether it is in Mutual Reception or not. I mean two planets in Fall in Mutual Reception isn't the same as two planets in Exaltation in Mutual Reception.

Also, I feel I phrased my question wrong.

I couldn't agree more. I addressed that on another thread. A question should be specific, but not ridiculously so.

Instead of "Will I get the job?" use "Will I get the job at Sainsbury's?" and that's especially true if you've been making a lot of applications and interviews.