Creating a Bi-Wheel

Shannonvassar

Hi! I'll get straight to it. I use Astro.com and CafeAstrology as my go to for all my charts, calculations, education, etc. Both are amazing and have been invaluable for learning and charting.
With that being said, I'm a little old school, I'm the chick who still enjoys turning pages in a book, taking pictures with a camera, etc., and I would like to create a bi-wheel template so I can chart without the handy dandy options online. I think it would help my understanding of critical orb/degrees as well as aspects. I'd like to be able to use it for general natal charts as well as synastry & predictive charts. I've tried a few ideas, but they haven't been quite right.
Has anybody created something they'd like to share, or is there one you've seen that would be a good option?

Osamenor

Staff member
So you're looking for a pencil/pen and paper template for a biwheel?

I've never seen this done with astrological charts, but what comes to mind for me is children's pop up books. I had a couple when I was a kid with wheels in them that could be turned. You could make the grindstone or Ferris wheel in the illustration move. (I don't remember what all the illustrations actually were, but it was something along those lines.)

I do remember a more complex illustration in a Cinderella pop up book, for the fairy godmother's wand. It was kind of like a sparkler, giving off several bands of color, and turning the wheel made the color bands shift. It had a kind of rippling kaleidoscope effect.

Perhaps that principle could be used to align planet glyphs with signs and houses. If it's a biwheel, it would get even more complex, but my thought is you could have the inner chart on the inner wheel and the outer chart on the outer wheel, and turn to align the charts.