Two Planets that are in detriment and in mutual reception.

greybeard

The 12th is an Infortune. What is confusing about that?

The 5th is associated with "the consequences of pleasure".

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Jup...

Think of Queen Victoria, Monarch of England (Saturn)
Think of Gladstone, her PM (Uranus)

It was Gladstone who gave India to Victoria for her birthday.

The titular ruler of England was Victoria. The effective ruler was Gladstone.
Alternatively.... Think that the following Planetary Table has been utilised to good effect for approximately two thousand years. Notice the Planetary Table consists entirely of the seven classical visible planets, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn

Notice that Saturn has two domiciles i.e. Capricorn and Aquarius
:smile:
dig_sm.gif

FarEastUranus

My chart contains no planets in domicile or exaltation. I do have two planets in detriment. Jupiter in Virgo and Mercury in Sagittarius. They square each other and mutually receive one another. They also are the two final depositors in my chart.
My question is this: Do I get any benefit from the reception or do they just neutralize each other? Also, how does this effect my chart as a whole?

Thanks!

Jupiter and Mercury contacts tend to bring undisciplined, over-optimistic thinking. Even though my Mercury is well-aspected and trines my Jupiter in detriment, I still tend to be carried away by Jupiterian grandiose ideas.

In the case of squares, I notice other minor annoyances such as frequent errors in calculation (figuratively and literally, as in maths homework), grammatical errors of negligence, a tendency to glaze over details. Most problem aspects seem to be mercurial in nature.

The upside is that you often see the solution to the problem (Jupiter) before you are able to work out the details mentally or on paper, so it brings a big-picture type of person. You also have good potential to be multi-lingual, and may enjoy foreign languages.

greybeard

I see....

And then you are kept awake at night, listening to drunken brawls among the slugs?

I found that a beer can, with a bit of beer left in it and laid on its side, does wonders at ridding a place of palmetto bugs (i.e., the large tropical cockroach)...if you can stand all those high-pitched little voices singing "La Cucaracha."

"...Porque no tiene, porque le falta
mariguana que fumar."
Malditos bichos.

princess valhalla

"The upside is that you often see the solution to the problem (Jupiter) before you are able to work out the details mentally or on paper, so it brings a big-picture type of person. You also have good potential to be multi-lingual, and may enjoy foreign languages."

True, I watch anime, and I do pick up on words that I hear repeatedly. Also I took the "Take the Challenge" sample DLAB test (Defense Language Aptitude Test) CTI Challenge and scored 10 out of 10. It was super easy. lol Although the real test would be much harder. Alas, military life is not for me. However, I would go for that if I had to.

M

may28gemini

I'm not sure if Jupiter-Mercury contacts can easily be said that they lack discipline. There's a tendency to be enthusiastic about new ideas, taking risks on ventures, and big-picture thinking, but those are not necessarily traits that lead to being undisciplined. If anything, I think it can lead to being smartassy and rebellious in a jovial way.

I have Libra Jupiter square Gemini Mercury by 1 degree so that's a pretty tight square. Have I been accused of being "undisciplined"? Yes. But I was also told that I'm brilliant in the same breath by a classics professor. Why did she say that to me? Because I challenged her authority on a Chaucer interpretation and she had been teaching Chaucer for 30+ years and finally she encountered a student who challenged her. Aside from her, I have not been told that I'm mentally undisciplined.