A Relationship Horary for Traditionals

D-Rok

Hi all,

I asked a question regarding a girl I have a huge crush on. Childish I know, but the question I asked was if I were to ask her out on a date, if it would go well or not and if it would bloom into anything else in the near future.

Should you decide to help, I must remind you: THIS IS FOR TRADITIONAL PRACTITIONERS ONLY. I DID NOT INCLUDE THE OUTER PLANETS ON PURPOSE.

Scorpio is on the AC -- I am Mars in Virgo in the 10th, RETROGRADE and PEREGRINE.

SHE is Taurus on the DC -- ruled by Venus, that would mean stuff regarding her would be in Pisces in the 5th, the house of SEX AND FUN. Venus looks as though she is almost out of Pisces and will soon be transiting into Aries, but that is something totally different.

Anyway, simply between those two, MARS and VENUS are opposing. So are an Exalted Saturn and a Peregrine Jupiter, and the Sun and the Moon, with a Peregrine Moon also opposing a Mercury which is Peregrine AND Combust a Detrimented Sun. Just about EVERYTHING is sooo bass-ackwards and looks really, really horrible.

Still, it looks bad for me. Like, I don't do horary much but I have to laugh. Peregrine Mars (me) opposing a pretty potent Venus (in 5th house and Exalted). The thing is, I don't know what that means. I don't know what much of this translation means. The 5th house represents fun and sex and children, so if I were to pursue this, would it only be a brief fling IF ANYTHING? (I don't mind that, I was just wondering how that goes) Also, since the topic is basically around relationships, I would be led to believe that such a dignified Venus might be a GOOD thing? Mars, though...it doesn't look like I would be coming off from a strong position. Peregrine, I don't know how to approach the situation (yep) in the 10th (kind of cool) but Retrograde. Yes, I am second-guessing my initiative. What if it goes bad? What if what if what if?

I don't really care if nothing happens but I figured I would share this with any Traditionalists willing to take a peek. Better to know what I'd be getting into and possibly ruining so I don't do anything STUPID.

Thanks for looking over it, any inputs greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hp.21366.27504.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hp.21366.27504.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 33

misskitty

Venus is about to change signs in the chart to be in detriment. It is literally seconds away from it. She is about to change or do something that won't be good for her. However, the biggest problem is that there isn't anything going on with the significators or the Moon. The Sun, your co-significator, is about to conjunct Mercury. That should bring some kind of communication with her. But I don't see it developing any further.

There is mutual reception between her and Jupiter, who is in her turned 12th house. I wonder if that means she has a secret relationship you may not know about? In any case, when she changes signs the mutual reception is lost. Maybe that is the change she is making.

Just a note- traditional horary astrologers like to see the chart in Regiomontanus format. ;)

D-Rok

Hey thanks a lot for responding. I didn't even notice the mutual receptions, I sort of forgot about those. (Also I forgot about Regio for horary, I've been in practice of consistently using Placidus).

It's funny you mention a relationship I don't know about. I've seen her hanging around this one guy a lot. They don't do any relational things but heck I don't know, it's just what I've been noticing. Perhaps that may be an indicator of Jupiter and the 12th that you mentioned?

Also, why the Moon? I know she is the one that moves stuff in horary but it is opposing the Sun, but thankfully it's not VoC.

If anyone has any other thoughts, I'd most certainly appreciate it!

misskitty

The Moon is the engine of the chart. It does have accidental dignity by being conjunct the MC, but dignity to do what exactly... the last and only aspect is a sextile to Saturn. Saturn represents your 3rd, so I believe this is another indication that you will talk to her but that it unfortunately won't develop. I don't think she's your girl.

Oh- you mentioned the opposition between Venus and Mars in your original post, but that aspect is separating. It is in the past. So you don't have to worry about an upcoming confrontation or anything.

Anachiel

Sure, I'll chime in for a second.

Experience does not fail but, interpretations can.

Horary is not meant to deprive you of experiences that are neccessary for growth and just plain life-practice. Now, with that said, since you really have nothing to lose by asking her out, let me approach this question you asked from another angle. By the way, I had to laugh at how you described the chart as "bass-ackward". Haven't heard that word for a while.

Anyway, perhaps the reason there is no contact here is because you haven't made yourself known to her. That's one thing I might see here with the past opposition. Oppositions rarely bring anything to fulfillment so, perhaps there was a chance to speak to her and you didn't. Not sure, just looking at how the main signifcators are getting along here.

I agree with misskitty that Venus, the other person, is changing...something. Venus is on the edge of a house and a sign so, perhaps she is moving away, moving houses (home) or as misskitty suggested, leaving a relationship. But, yes, the horary is definitely accentuating a change in the other person's state of being or, more likely, status in the world.

Your own significator Mars is just kind of hanging out up there in the 11th; not really contacting anyone or making contacts.

So, the crux of the matter must fall to the Moon. Since you asked about the results of doing something we do this:

The Moon just past an opposition to Mercury. That represents your option of not asking. Obviously that is a very unfulfilling aspect.

Going forward on the matter, however, and asking, or getting to know this other person more, would be shown by where the Moon is going. The Moon is about to sextile a retrograde Saturn, well dignified and in his house of joy. Something suddenly would occur as retrogrades can cause suddeness and surprize. Saturn here rules the 3rd and 4th and, obviously if you talk to her, there would be communication (3rd) and perhaps a rather good outcome(4th).

I do think there is a lot going on in this person's life right now. I'm not seeing a lot that would pull you together into some passionate romance right now. You also appear to be both from very different worlds. Makes me wonder if she is new in town or new to the neighborhood.

In any case, it's worth a shot to at least talk. You have to take one step at a time.

D-Rok

Hi guys and gals,

Thank you for the thoughtful inputs, I really, REALLY appreciate it. I forgot to mention earlier that we were texting a week ago and she sort of just "answered the conversation pieces" so I didn't really know whether to continue talking or not. Heh. I also basically said (back then) if she wasn't busy maybe I could take her out sometime. She didn't say no, so...though, I'm not sure I still have the option or ability to since it's been about a week, maybe 5 days since I mentioned that to her. Haven't talked since. She's pretty busy but I'm not sure if she has any other guy (questionable around the guy I mentioned in prior post...grr).

Anachiel, I love that you mentioned us from being from different areas. She is actually from California and is going to the University I'm at in PA. She also is in a lot of student-governed things. I, on the other hand, sort of do whatever I feel like. Har har har.

I wonder what the change from Pisces to Aries signifies?

misskitty

>>The Moon just past an opposition to Mercury. That represents your option of not asking. Obviously that is a very unfulfilling aspect. <<

This is an excellent point, Anachiel. D-Rok, perhaps your Rx status shows your hesitancy. I will say that, from a woman's perspective, we LOVE it when a guy directly asks us out. Propose a definite time and a place, rather than saying "one of these days." The worst she can say is no, and either way you would have your answer. It is worth a shot! Nothing is sexier than a guy who still knows how to ask a girl out. ;)

D-Rok

misskitty,

Bleh. I've been meaning to and probably should. The only thing is I'm pretty nervous to ask, since I'm not sure if she is after anyone else. That was the main reason I erected the chart, to see how well it would go...

misskitty

Most guys are too nervous to make a move. You automatically put yourself above the crowd and increase your chances if you do. Women dont like guys who are too chicken to stick their necks out and take a risk. ;) she might say no, but a definite answer is certainly preferable to agonizing over charts. Even if nothing develops from it immediately as the chart seems to be saying, it doesn't mean it never would develop. At least your interest would be clear.

D-Rok

UPDATE:

I believe two or three days ago I managed to ask this girl out to dinner and a movie, just figuring I may as well try. Her response was that she couldn't this weekend and that was that. Nothing else.

Oooh well. It was worth a try but I don't really think anything was going to come out of it anyway.

misskitty

Good for you D-Rok! I am so glad you asked. The response was more or less what the chart was pointing to... no action. But that is okay! She now knows for sure you are interested. I wish I could stress to guys that the more girls you ask out, the more successful you are going to be in the dating realm because your confidence grows, and women sense that. ;) Good luck!

Gemini Rising

Good for you D-Rok! I am so glad you asked. The response was more or less what the chart was pointing to... no action. But that is okay! She now knows for sure you are interested. I wish I could stress to guys that the more girls you ask out, the more successful you are going to be in the dating realm because your confidence grows, and women sense that. ;) Good luck!

Hi.
I agree with you :smile:
I would like to add that Saturn in his 12th house of joy can point to a lesson that helps us grow:Something good comes out of something bad.