February 9 Eclipse @ 20' 59" Leo

hermetic

^ he, he, congrats! nice to hear eclipses really having an effect :)

franklin taylor

Hello Freedom,
This eclipse was 1' 10'' of my Natal Sun at 19' 49" Leo.. Only significant thing that happened ..I heard about a death of someone I knew like 20 years ago. It was finally that 3rd death you always hear about occurring in a row. Been two in the last couple of weeks. Both were relatives. Often hearing of deaths of people in your "circle" comes in 3's. So maybe it signified a completion of some sort. 8/12/2045, my 79th birthday, there will be the strongest Solar eclipse ever observed in the United States hope to make it till then ...feel its a fated thing almost.
Take care
Franklin Taylor

misskitty

It hit in my 1st house, and I got closure on an old relationship issue and the feeling that I could finally move forward again. It was a "textbook" eclipse event for me! It hit in the 3rd house of the person I was in the relationship with, and the things he said to give me closure were things that needed to be said for a long time. So there was an ending of ambiguity on his part, and finally leveling with me about what he really felt. "Textbook" for him as well.

Neptune Rising

Hmm weird.
Transiting Saturn has been inconjuncting my Chiron for a while now, stationing on it inconjunct. The eclipse trined it.

I've been gaining insights into my 4th house wound (Aries), ego, such subtle insights but things that can help me go beyond my Chironic wounding.

NR

gesso

untitled.jpg

freedomlover

Cute picture, Gesso! How does it relate to the eclipse? Was the eclipse especially hard on Humpty? causing him to have a great fall?

Arian Maverick

Freedomlover, I must thank your for creating this thread and putting the exact degree of the eclipse in the title.

I've been more or less unaware of major astrological events these past few months, but yesterday, I checked my transits because I could feel something was up astrologically. I thought I was experiencing some transit to my natal Mars, or transiting Mars was aspecting one of my natal planets, perhaps the sensitive Sun-Venus-Mercury conjunction that "activates" a few configurations. I was surprised to find virtually nothing, although I admit I did not examine my transits in detail. Yet the Daily Horoscope on Astrodienst mentioned that there had been an eclipse the day before, so I immediately checked it's location in my chart. This was late at night, so I think I read Virgo instead of Leo; this was in the middle of my sixth house, but not on the cusp or conjunct my South Node. I laid the matter to rest, and then I discovered this thread.

This may or may not be significant, but the eclipse was conjunct my sixth house cusp (Placidus system) within two degree--it may be less if I use a slightly different time of birth. Ironically, the event that "set off" a chain of events occurred on the night of the eclipse; I wouldn't be surprised if it was within a few hours of the exact moment. I was performing the mundane task of sending e-mails to members within an organization, there was miscommunication about one of the e-mails. To make a long story short, I felt like I was under attack and I became defensive and somewhat withdrawn. The entire situation felt too distorted not to have any astrological significance, and I thought my reaction also deserved some inquiry. That's when I discovered the eclipse was on the cusp of my sixth house.

A lot of work I have been doing for this organization is of a decidedly Virgoan nature--organization is a key componant, as is e-mail communication between advisors, officers, and members. I've regarded the position as one of service; from the beginning, I didn't care about any recognition we might or might not receive, as long as we helped improve things for the next group that takes over. It's felt very much like a duty, one's that's pervasive and often not very fun. Indeed, this is the main reason why I stepped down as moderator of the forums, and why I have not been active within the last few months. It's difficult to describe, but I feel that it's essentially sixth house work--quite repetitive, as well as detail- and service-oriented. The organization itself would probably be signified by the eleventh house, which is opposite the sixth.

This was a lunar eclipse, correct? Does anyone know if lunar eclipses would have a greater influence upon those with an emphasis upon Cancer or the Moon in their natal charts? Or must it simply hit a sensitive point?

Also, do you suppose you can use an eclipse for rectification purposes? Nope, I haven't given up on that, either! ;)

Arian Maverick

The_Sundance_Kid

I was surprised when I found out there was a lunar eclipse, and this is something I don't understand well:

I thought the nodes show us where the solar and lunar paths cross, so when there is a full or new moon on the node that is when there is an eclipse. So on my astro-clock the Node is on 9 degrees Aqua-Leo. If this lunar eclipse was on 21 Aqua-Leo isn't that quite far off? Would it be quite a weak and partial eclipse either visibly and astrologically?

Or maybe the opposite is true: that because we think eclipses are so powerful even with such a large gap, this is a good sign that with the luminaries at least we should have wider orbs in chart interpretation? 11 degrees :O

Charm

The eclipse was conjunct my MC (22 deg leo). It was conjunct my saturn and moon by sign, but wide orb on degree (15 and 8 deg respectively). It also squared my Jupiter in Taurus in 7th house.

I guess the major thing is that I was SOO busy! My social life was extremely busy from the 11th till today and it is usually dead. I hadn;t even had time to sit down! I went to 2 parties, a basketball game, a concert, all in the span of 3 days. It is very unlike me! So that was fun. I also got an enormous amount of valentines gifts, which was also an uncommon happening for me!

On the downside, I have gotten into some really emotional exchanges with others, and the basis of it, in my opinion, was that their ego felt bruised by something they felt I didn't do. So then they did things to get my attention that turned into a big argument (is this Leo or what?) As a result, I ended an acquaintance with someone ( moon = endings). And it is weird, because that person had a moon in aquarius, which was opposed by the eclipse.

Anyways, I would like to know how this eclipse affects my career prospectives long term as I just graduated medical school and am job hunting. Anyone?

Attachments

• My Birthchart.gif
    My Birthchart.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 20

4leafclovah

Isn't Leo the ruler of fairy tales? Well, I guess its symbolic in the way humpty is sitting proud on that wall. Ahh.. but too much confidence can lead to a great fall!

Kerrie

Astrodawn said:
Hi Kerrie, and yes mercury is in the 5th does that have some significance with the event :)
I was guessing the 5th as you have Leo on the Asc, but your never know if you have a couple of signs in one house. The 5th is the house of romance and one of Mercury's keywords is communication.

Im curious was the proposal in some way Sag. Did he propose by taking you up in a hot air ballon or something that? Now you have Juno in Cap and Saturn in your 7th. Is their a Capricorn theme to his personality? Does he have some Capricorn somewhere?

I wonder if the house of marriage proposals is the 5th or 7th? Can anyone let me know.

Funny I looked briefly at the transits to your chart, you have your natal Sun (5th) sextile Saturn (7th) activated by Pluto at the moment. I love to see the natal promise activated by transits!

So I dont think you have told us? Did you say Yes?

cassanra

This was a partial lunar eclipse with the dragons tail
Celeste Teal states in "Eclipses Predicting World Events and Personal transformation"
South Node Lunar eclipse-culmination and release; soul and emotion; filtering....
A lunar eclipse with the attendance of the south node may correspond with low points in life as far as the emotional vibrations coinciding with it due to the process of letting go of old emotional habit patterns, and letting go of the persons we've come to depend on and the things we've taken for granted.
pg 112-113

R4VEN

cassanra said:
This was a partial lunar eclipse with the dragons tail
Celeste Teal states in "Eclipses Predicting World Events and Personal transformation"
pg 112-113
Thanks heaps for that quote from Celeste Teal, cassanra. It perfectly explains why I found this particular eclipse so debilitating. I had so much emerge from the past - all in one heap, like dirty laundry - and am still sifting through it, layer by layer. That quote has helped me recognise that this is something which had to happen.

I guess we could say that the recent lunar eclipse was the eclipse we had to have! (Any Australians who were around when Paul Keating was PM will know what I'm saying here....)

The_Sundance_Kid

Hey Cassanra, just to clarify, for a lunar eclipse, we use the moon's degree to say where the eclipse is right?

So it is attending the South Node because the moon is conjunct the South Node right?

What is the interpretation for if it touches the North Node? (Out of curiosity and optimism!)

freedomlover

I just realized that transiting Jupiter is opposing the eclipse point. From what I've read, oppositions and squares to the eclipse point will activate it, as well.

This explains why issues of Aquarius/Leo nature have been coming up for me intensely in past few days. Have any of the rest of you noticed its effects? If the eclipse did not hit anything in your chart, or you don't have anything around 20*fixed signs (Aqua,Scorp,Leo,Taurus), you may not be noticing much. I would be interested to read about other's experiences.

My Black Moon Lilith is roughly at 20*Aquarius, so the eclipse, and now transiting Jupiter, is triggering this for me.

freedomlover

More eclipse action.... buckle up!

Mars will retrograde at 19'42" Leo on December 20, 2009 - so just a hair over one degree orb of this eclipse. We may not see the full effect of the trigger until it is exact - which won't be until sometime in April/May of 2010- after Mars goes direct again. (Stations direct at 0'17" Leo on March 10, 2009). Then Mars in Leo will make a full and exact conjunction to the degree of this eclipse as it crosses the eclipse point.

R4VEN

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Have just checked my ephemeris, and discovered tr Mars will be in Leo from mid Oct`09 - 8th June`10. That's one very long journey, and through the eclipse sign from Feb`09 - as you mention, FL. That will be a very long time!!! So not looking forward to that.

freedomlover

One other possible trigger:

Vesta is currently slowing down to go direct, and is within a few arc minutes of its stationing degree. It will station direct at 21'37" Leo on April 6th. That is within 38 arc minutes of the February eclipse. Pluto also goes retrograde that same day.