t-Saturn, natal squares and medical results

Elianah

Hi everyone,

I recently got back a set of lab results that totally were out-of-wack and I am thinking that it may not have been wise to get the testing done during the last stages of transiting Saturn retrograde in Leo. Let me explain:

I have been borderline hypothyroid for about 10 years. I have been off medication for several years due to no medical insurance to afford visiting a doctor, the testing and the medication (such is the American health care system). The last year I have been working temp for the state and every so often it brings one of the mobile testing vans from the local hospitals to do bloodwork.

Last year I tested on June 11th in the borderline hypothyroid but still normal range. This year I tested on April 5th and was almost 3 points lower into the hypothyroid range.

Now transiting Saturn was still in retrograde motion at that time, making a close approaching conjunction to my natal Sun at the time. My Sun squares my Mars in Taurus and Neptune in Scorpio with the most exact aspect being the Sun/Mars square at 0°08' of separation from exactitude.

Taurus rules the neck and all organs and glands in it, including the thyroid. As t-Saturn continued its slow march back towards my natal Sun, pressure was also being put on the Mars/Neptune opposition. The thyroid reacted to the Saturnian pressure on Mars and hit a very low point and that image (Neptune) came through on the lab work report.

What I am wondering is if it would be a good idea to retest now that Saturn is back in direct motion to see if the April 5th result was an anomaly or if it was accurate. I am seeing a doctor tomorrow, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Elianah

Frisiangal

Hi Elianah,
I'm just enquiring how the tests worked out? Was there a mistake?
It seems to be that once an energy has manifested into a physical complaint, that's it. Did you beat the odds ? :)

F.

Elianah

Hi Frisiangal,

When the doctor looked at it and my cholesterol numbers (a failing thyroid can bump up blood serum cholesterol), he said that I needed to be back on Synthroid and put me on the same dosage that I was on three years ago. He wants to do blood work again in July to see how the medication is doing.

The thing is, there may not be any improvement until t-Saturn completely clears my Sun-Uranus conjunction (it has an 8° orb, which is not a strong conjunction by any means but enough of one when one has t-Saturn between them). T-Saturn will clear Uranus on August 1.

I think the retro T-Saturn's purpose was to catch my attention to the fact that there would be a restructuring/rebuilding of how I use my 5th Chakra energies that I was ignoring when Saturn made it all the way up to my Uranus the first time. I needed something physical to shake me out of complacency (that fixed t-square with Mars in Taurus smelling the flowers :D ) and to do something. T-Saturn, as it restructures the 5th Chakra energy, will probably fluctuate the thyroid activity in accordance to the conscious work I am putting forth on 5th Chakra issues.

The key here is that it needs to be conscious work that will affect not only my t-square and my Sun-Uranus conjunction, but how I also put myself forward through the 8th and 9th houses (T-Saturn, after it clears my Sun-Uranus conjunction, will trine my natal Moon-Saturn Rx conjunction in 1st house Sag). How I do this will affect the 5th Chakra and the functioning of the thyroid.

What input do you have?

Elianah

A sidebar: T-Chiron has been dancing between the Leo Sun-Uranus conjunction in opposition to them in Aquarius during this time. At the time of the test, it was within 3° of direct opposition of my natal Uranus and in a 2° separating opposition with my natal Pallas. T-Saturn turned direct the day after the blood work was done and went into an separating conjunction with my Sun and an applying conjunction with my natal Pallas.

A piece of trivia: Chiron, when it turns direct in October will be within 2 minutes of the same degree and minutes that Saturn turn direct in the opposite sign. Interesting syncronicity there...

Frisiangal

Hi again Elianah,
You aren't (wisely?) listed on the natal charts section, so I'm unable to look at your chart and I don't know how to contact you privately through email via the forum.
As the thyroid region is under rulership of Taurus, it would seem that your Mars is the real instigator of your health problem.
I know only the barest facts regarding the chacra system but I remember being told that Mars rules the 1st chacra - the adrenals, of which Mars rules the hormonal production. Could it possibly be that you need to do work in this area rather than towards the 5th ( is that the throat ?) chacra?
Adrenaline for Self survival ?

My husband has the whole rigmarol of cholesterol-diabetes-heart and thyroid trouble. All part of the fixed cross circuit.
As a Taurean Sun, Mercury and Venus myself, the throat is my weak spot. When I get emotional but keep 'the lump in the throat' inside, I can literally FEEL it when I swallow !! I thought I understood and had consciously dealt with the reasons for it, but towards the end of last year I was diagnosed with thyoid problems too. I was SO angry! Although I am a great believer in psychosomatic indispositions, it has made me wonder if there are some things that lie so deep that we cannot control them, no matter how we consciously try to come to terms with them. Or maybe that reasoning is due to my Mercury- Venus semi-square (health aspect) Saturn and square Pluto :(

Are there substantial matters that you have not come to terms with that could be found in your Mars placement ? Maybe the Saturn-Chiron opposition will help to see them in another light, allowing the change to occur that will be beneficial to your health ?

F.

Lapis

I have a Venus/Pluto square that I think has contributed to my life long neck/throat area problems. It's always been vertebrae/disk problems mainly, but over the past 8 years or so, this whole area has really become an issue. Because of this I've searched for other answers also to this physical problem. Here's a couple things that I've found that make a lot of sense. Through numerous dreams (over these past 8 years) and other emotional issues, I've learned that so much of this has been true for me.

"Throat Chakra -

"Opening the throat chakra is a very tricky process. Patriarchal authority conspires to keep it blocked, since people with open throat chakras cannot be controlled. Our inner memory banks are loaded with lifetimes in which we were hung or strangled for fighting for something we believed in, and our schools and workplaces are socity's training programs to keep us from saying what we really believe. However, the opening of our hearts, which represent honesty and integrity, glavanizes us into people of courage who then have the power to open our throats. The heart is the bridge between sky and Earth, between where we came from and where we live now. The resolution of the inner-male conflict - the rescripting of the original Uranus/Gaia struggle - could eliminate the looming and separate Father/Sky god as source of inner fear and limitation. And this conflict - our individual conflict with our own inner male - is at the source of any throat chakra blockage we may experience....."

"In fact, ALL males and females have been fathered by males, and it is useless to hate our progenitors-our "seed source". Men as well as women have difficulty with the inner male - they have been just as abused by the patriarchy as females. The male has usually played the role of oppressor, the one who has more voice, while the female has been the one oppressed, but both have lived in this battleground of self-limiting roles. As this difficulty clears on universal and personal levels simultaneously, we are able to see what we have lost, in terms of sensuality and freedom, to the patriarchy......"

"For both sexes the throat opening follows right after the heart opening. However, most women feel as if an inner roadblock has been constricted right in their throats. As the throat begins to release, memories of pervious blocking tend to cause a great deal fo constriction to well up. After thousands of years of suppression of the Goddess - who represents the female with an open throat - blockage is at a very intense level. Women actually feel they will die if they express their real truth, creating an intense rage and hatred for the source of that suppression - the inner male. Ask yourself, as a woman at mid-life, are you finding yourself increadibly angry at your father and husband? Do you resent your sons? Has your whole life been determined by where he needs to be or go, which leaves you adjusting to a community that you might not like?"

"Socially acceptable fields of expression have been determined by the patriarchy, and for expressing with the throat, male culture has created work, sports, bars, clubs, and the military. However, the universe of the patriarchy is not basically relevant to females. Basic skills of discourse are not based on the universe of women, which revolves around birthing, sensuality, timelessness, play, and creativity. Yet it is not normal for any reality to be based on half the human, and this distortion comes to a massive peak at mid-life for both men and women."

"All clients with throat chakra blockage report continual sore throats, neck locking and stiffness, ringing in the ears, breathing problems, and speech difficulties. Again, such symptoms are often more intense for women, since men break through some of the communication blocks by means of their jobs and/or education. Rolfing, neck and breathing exercises, public speaking, and simply expressing your truth can be very helpful....."

From "Liquid Light of Sex: Kundalian, Astrology, and the Key Life Transitions" 2001 by Barbara Hand Clow.

This site is also interesting and has some great info. Click "more" at the bottom of each chakra's page too.

www.myss.com/chakrasflash.asp

C1

Thanks for speaking, Elianah and Lapis and Fr...angel!

Sun's in Taurus now...so it is very timely -- this struggle to hear our
voices now, in the rebirthing Springtime in the northern hemisphere.

Not going to doctors has served me well enough in the US until now.
Now I am challenged more to heal myself daily as my 57th year on
Earth begins.

From what I know of women in my life, 2 or more of a small circle
have had synthroid prescribed to them.

How do you feel, Elianah, having not taken it for a while?

How much fear was generated simply by a downturn in your
thryroid number? Could any symptoms your've experienced
over the past year or recently,
relate
to the thyroid/hypothyroid measurement fluctuation?

Or, shall we recognize that everything is everything and
we're all together in this cosmic, sonic soup and dealing
as are the plants, animals and Earth with plasmic divine energy,
preparing for whatever happens during our lifetime?

I do not like stress, for example, and stress has been mounting....

first, the old neighbor lady in this upscale neighborhood had
workers spray Roundup on her dandelions...next to where we
are growing greens and carrots, beans, kale, beets, chard, etc...
I'm the "homeless" one here. I landed at my friend's door over a
year ago, and she offered to let me stay for a while....she considers
the neighbor lady "like a mother" since her mother's dead. She said,
"I guess I feel I have no right to tell someone what she can or cannot
do on her own property, but I think if you gather some written research
and take it to her, that would be okay."

I said, "Roundup is a neurotoxin. I'm allergic to it. My cat got kidney
failure and died as a result of digging in the earth where a neighbor had had Roundup sprayed
just along a cyclone fence. Even if
it is commonly used, what about maintaining the Precautionary
Principle and where there's even a small chance of causing damage
to life, choosing an alternative to pesticide use?"

For the past week I feel unheard, and like it's time for me to find
a new home....

Monday our other housemate, the midwife (who thinks Roundup's ok
because it's the most often used household pesticide) said she saw
a robin repeated fly into the window.....it had twice flown into my window,
too, I recalled.

Several minutes later I went to take a look at the garden,

and there was a robin sort of broken-winged and thrashing in the dirt,
and her mate was freaking out in the tree above...I walked back to my 2 women
friends and at the look on my face they asked, "What???" and when I
said "Injured Robin" they did not understand what I said, and made me
repeat the words several times until I said "INJURED ROBIN! It probably ate a worm
doused with Roundup, which is a NEUROTOXIN, and now is flying into
windows in an attempt to put itself out of its misery....." which elicited a very loud "Radio Silence" i.e. noticeable
non-reponse from the women.

The very next day, with Algol cj Sun, I vomited bile and lay
in bed having chills and fever all day, until 7 pm, when I got up to
go to my client's house, where I'm a homecare worker.
She said I should really stay out of
the sun and protect myself better...I believe a lot of little toxins (Roundup,
stress, failure to be heard, too much sun) caused me to have an
overload crisis, which healed me. I hope I learned something
from this...

So, that's my report.
Hugs,
Best regards for our continued healing and thanks to Lapis for
the pertinent words from Barbara Hand Clow.

C1

C1

Thanks for speaking, Elianah and Lapis and Fr...angel!

Sun's in Taurus now...so it is very timely -- this struggle to hear our
voices now, in the rebirthing Springtime in the northern hemisphere.

Not going to doctors has served me well enough in the US until now.
Now I am challenged more to heal myself daily as my 57th year on
Earth begins.

From what I know of women in my life, 2 or more of a small circle
have had synthroid prescribed to them.

How do you feel, Elianah, having not taken it for a while?

How much fear was generated simply by a downturn in your
thryroid number? Could any symptoms your've experienced
over the past year or recently,
relate
to the thyroid/hypothyroid measurement fluctuation?

Or, shall we recognize that everything is everything and
we're all together in this cosmic, sonic soup and dealing
as are the plants, animals and Earth with plasmic divine energy,
preparing for whatever happens during our lifetime?

I do not like stress, for example, and stress has been mounting....

first, the old neighbor lady in this upscale neighborhood had
workers spray Roundup on her dandelions...next to where we
are growing greens and carrots, beans, kale, beets, chard, etc...
I'm the "homeless" one here. I landed at my friend's door over a
year ago, and she offered to let me stay for a while....she considers
the neighbor lady "like a mother" since her mother's dead. She said,
"I guess I feel I have no right to tell someone what she can or cannot
do on her own property, but I think if you gather some written research
and take it to her, that would be okay."

I said, "Roundup is a neurotoxin. I'm allergic to it. My cat got kidney
failure and died as a result of digging in the earth where a neighbor had had Roundup sprayed
just along a cyclone fence. Even if
it is commonly used, what about maintaining the Precautionary
Principle and where there's even a small chance of causing damage
to life, choosing an alternative to pesticide use?"

For the past week I feel unheard, and like it's time for me to find
a new home....

Monday our other housemate, the midwife (who thinks Roundup's ok
because it's the most often used household pesticide) said she saw
a robin repeated fly into the window.....it had twice flown into my window,
too, I recalled.

Several minutes later I went to take a look at the garden,

and there was a robin sort of broken-winged and thrashing in the dirt,
and her mate was freaking out in the tree above...I walked back to my 2 women
friends and at the look on my face they asked, "What???" and when I
said "Injured Robin" they did not understand what I said, and made me
repeat the words several times until I said "INJURED ROBIN! It probably ate a worm
doused with Roundup, which is a NEUROTOXIN, and now is flying into
windows in an attempt to put itself out of its misery....." which elicited a very loud "Radio Silence" i.e. noticeable
non-reponse from the women.

The very next day, with Algol cj Sun, I vomited bile and lay
in bed having chills and fever all day, until 7 pm, when I got up to
go to my client's house, where I'm a homecare worker.
She said I should really stay out of
the sun and protect myself better...I believe a lot of little toxins (Roundup,
stress, failure to be heard, too much sun) caused me to have an
overload crisis, which healed me. I hope I learned something
from this...

So, that's my report.
Hugs,
Best regards for our continued healing and thanks to Lapis for
the pertinent words from Barbara Hand Clow.

C1

Lapis

C1,

Happy B-Day fellow worker with Light.

Boy could I relate to your post! We've been transmuting so much toxic **** on so many different levels and time periods etc. I spent most of 1998, 99, 2000 and 2001 vomiting and living under a blanket freezing, burning up and seeing all sorts of things. And what's really wild is that I wasn't "sick" per sey! I was (still am) transmuting just as you and all of us are to whatever degree we can without going over the deep end! It's just happening so much faster now than it was even a couple years ago. Dieing isn't easy while still in-body! :wink:

All those eagles and hawks and hummingbirds are sending you their love and thanks and respect for what you're doing, what your're going through......and also showing you how much you've already transmuted and are flyin' higher because of it.

Hang in there, we're getting really close to the fun stuff finally. :mrgreen:

Elianah

Hi C1,

The drop in my thyroid numbers surprised me when they came in because I wasn't feeling too bad in that respect. I haven't felt much difference since going back on Synthroid, but that doesn't surprise me much since I didn't feel much change when I first went on Synthroid about six years ago.

What I have been doing is looking at the thyroid as a metabolizer of energy sources, the support of the nervous system, and continued growth and development.

In Polarity Therapy I was taught that the thyroid represented on the physical plane the throat chakra. The throat chakra gives us the ability speak our own truth while giving space to others to speak their own truth All truths can be held within the space even if a person does not agree with all of them. It's being able to speak one's truth without fear of the other. The throat chakra is represents also the first major "intake" valve for energy, whether physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. It is also the major creative release valve of expressing oneself on all planes.

Now the throat chakra is related to the Ether element in Polarity Therapy. The Ether element, when in balance, allows for open-mindedness, a sense of freedom, openness to intuition and inspiration, an ability to be fully present for oneself and for others. The Ether element comingles Fire, Earth, Air and Water in order to create space in one's life. When there is space, there is the ability to connect with Source and find the sacredness inherent in everything.

So when the thyroid is having functional problems, it helps me to look at how I am facing the issues regarding the throat chakra and the Ether element. Since hypothyroidism in adults is understood by the medical community as an auto-immune disorder—the restriction of the thyroid from normal functioning, the questions I had to ask myself were:

How have I (and am I) restricting myself from speaking my own truth and limiting my freedom of being and presence to meet the needs of others?

How am I not allowing myself to have the appropriate space in my life to live and walk my truth?

How are the messages I have been taking in from others not been supporting me in my own truth or have been re-enforcing messages that no longer serve who I am becoming?

How has not living and walking my own truth prevented my evolution and connection to Source?

Now, astrologically, transiting Saturn has been dancing between my Leo Sun and Uranus in the 8th house. When it was in its most direct contact with my Sun, it was also having a major impact on my natal t-square, which the focal point is the Sun. Sitting in the 5th house is Mars in Taurus (Neptune in Scorpio is the other planet in the mix). The thyroid is in the neck, ruled by Taurus. The upshot of this is that the thyroid numbers dropped during the period of the retrograde of Saturn, which makes sense to me. I actually think that it I shouldn't retest until sometime in July or early August as Saturn moves to trine my Moon/Saturn conjunction in Sag. This will give me time to process and put into action
what I have learned from the transiting Saturn work.

Elianah

Frisiangal

The thyroid gland is associated with Taurus. Afflictions from Taurus appear to give a predispostion towards thyroid problems. In my own case 'speaking one's mind', or difficulty in doing so, has been a definite factor with my Mercury-Venus in Taurus square Pluto in Leo. But Taurus is also on the 'cross of love'. It's very physical in expressing love and affection, which it also requires as form of its value and appreciation. So, I have often wondered if thyroid problems with afflictions from Taurus arise in instances where physical love, affection and appreciation is missing. At my hospital physical, which took in heart, back, ankles (fixed cross) I asked what the reason for thyroid problems was and was told that the medical world did not yet know the physiological reason for it. In my blunt way I asked if deprivation of affection and/or sexuality had anything to do it. The med. assistant didn't go into the 'emotional reasons' but did say that thyroid problems was high in adolescensce and later years of life !! Makes you think, doesn't it :wink:

For those for whom physical existence is secondary to spiritual/emotional existence, maybe thyroid problems would arise where love and appreciation for their chosen way of life and/or needs goes unheeded by those who matter to them?

F

Elianah

Frisiangal,

It could very well be that. If one extends that a bit, Taurus also deals with self-respect, self-worth, and one's personal resources (whether monetary or otherwise). Thyroid problems in adolescence may be based on how well one's own self-respect, self-worth and personal resources are being developed. What is the person tying their self-worth, self-respect and personal resources to that is outside themselves (the 8th house opposite effect) rather than one's own truth (2nd house). In adolescences I think most people tend to hitch their self-worth, self-respect and personal resources to others because humans are social beings who feel (water house/sign opposition effect) that they can't measure their own worth and resources on their own.

When one passes the time of the Uranus opposition in one's life (which before the 20th century very few of our anscestors probably did), the thyroid may once again begin to have problems because it is once again bringing into awareness those Taurian issues of self-worth, self-respect and personal resources to the forefront. It may be that thyroid problems may be the physical manifestation to get those who need to face issues of self-worth, self-respect and personal resources to really pay attention to their own inner wisdom about these issues rather than being dictated to by outside sources what will create that "happiness," another great Taurian concept.

The goal, I think, of the body's action on the thyroid post Uranus opposition is to bring one back into harmony with one's own truth in such a way that is sustainable in the social sphere so all may benefit in the greatest and highest ways from that expression, a function of the thyroid and throat chakra.

Now this is my approach to the thyroid issue and is part of my truth. Your mileage may vary and feel free to ditch any or all of it.

Elianah

P.S.: This is a side-thought I had after I finished this post. Post Uranus opposition thyroid problems may be a physical manifestation of asking the personality where it gets its validation, from others or from the soul. The degree and type of validation from others may indicate whether a person is hypo- or hyperthyroid. I haven't had any time to really process this, so I am putting it out on the discussion table for reactions. :D

C1

:) Hi Elianah,

You said:

Hi everyone,

I recently got back a set of lab results that totally were out-of-wack"

and then you wrote:

A sidebar: T-Chiron has been dancing between the Leo Sun-Uranus conjunction in opposition to them in Aquarius during this time....A piece of trivia: Chiron, when it turns direct in October will be within 2 minutes of the same degree and minutes that Saturn turn direct in the opposite sign. Interesting syncronicity there...

Transiting Saturn on your Sun/Uranus at around 3 deg Leo
(your 8th House) is
opposite (4 degree orb) Chiron/Moon in Aquarius (your 2nd House)
at the moment....is healing (Chiron) ...and is also right on the core
issues
relating to who you are (opposite your Sun)...
and may also catalyze the transmutation an old idea of yours into a
new idea (Uranus lightning bolt)....

Without getting into the social control role of conventional,
"Western" medicine in our society,

I heard what *you* said re: the readings being "out of whack"

and I see that you are healing your heart/throat connection....a deep-seated, etheric body
process

Again, many thanks, Lapis, for BHC's insights!

(and you may be doing this regardless of synthroid).

I believe most Americans of a certain age have been exposed
to the effects of hundreds & hundreds of nuclear bombs tested
above and
below ground at the Nevada test site from the '40s through the early
'90s, and it has been suggested that that radiation exposure
is associated with hypo-thyroidism
in the general population..

The emotional/psychic relationship
to 5th Chakra
may also pertain at
puberty and again at middle-age...

So, I think you are miraculous, Elianah,
to be healing and feeling how that feels and
putting it into words and sharing it so eloquently...
your analysis of the wound that is being healed is beautiful.

Query: Frisian-gal suggested that you may have beat the odds
(i.e., healing on the etheric plane, before physical evidence of
dis-ease).

I hope I got what you said, Frisi.

So...look at your natal Mars in your 5th house; my question is:

Do you speak or simply "BE" in some
way that (patriarchal) society may even say is "impertinent!"?

So....the "snapshot" thyroid reading is "out of whack"
according to the doctor,
while transiting Saturn is opposite transiting Chiron, and
conjunct your Sun/Uranus
in the very important 8th House (the House of the
mysterious turning point
we call "Now")

And you may be experiencing
a trust in your own ability
to be in balance and open your heart....
and speak the
truth as you know it
and miraculously heal through the
inherent balance of the universe
in us....as opposed to taking synthroid.

Powerful, Elianah!

I apologize to everyone for the strange
double posting above....

C1
P.S. Thanks for the birthday greetings, Lapis!

Frisiangal

I think not only thyroid but any physical complaint is a response to not using one's energies for one's own purpose but 'projecting' them elsewhere, or not using them in the manner of their intent. I think this could be what you are also implying, Elianah ?
The Uranus opposition 'should' change one's ideas about one's life but it doesn't always work for energy in the fixed signs; speaking from experience there! As I said elsewhere I thought I had consciously dealt with the challenges confronting my Taurean energy from Saturn and Pluto, yet the appearance of thyroid problems, which don't spring up overnight, leads me to consider the effect of the unconscious, or soul attitudes, which may not have changed with the Uranus opposition even though we may think they have. I sometimes feel that my conscious Self is definitely arguing with Soul !

F.

Elianah

Hi Frisiangal,

One of the things I was thinking about in my last post is that during the high school years humans are dealing with the fallout from the first Saturn self-square, happening for most around 9th grade (here in the States, that is). The child is going from a self-contained, fairly neighborhood (and adjoining neighborhoods) existence into the wider world. I think that the first major exposure to the greater society that Saturn represents comes about in high school. The child comes into contact with other races, other socio-economic levels, other religions, etc. that until entering high school may have only been experienced through mediums like the movies, television, books and newspapers. I think through busing and desegregation here in the States the children of the past 25 or so years may not have the same type of situation (or adults who lived in large metropolitan cities before that) that someone in smaller cities had.

Anyway, I think Saturn might pull the child closer to the squaring element's energy and may set up the pattern of how society chooses to "label" the child, with feedback from the aspects that transiting Saturn is making with both natal and other transiting planets. But what sets the "public face" of the individual in society's eyes, since most of the child's peers—the grade ahead and the grade after—will have both transiting and natal Saturn in the same signs, is the interaction between the square itself and the aspects that natal Saturn makes with other natal planets.

Now why would this impact the thyroid and cause problems? Again, I am taking a page from my training in Polarity Therapy, so feel free to disagree. The thyroid and the throat chakra represent the mixing place of the upper two soul/spirit driven chakras and the four lower physical plane oriented chakras. The throat chakra is of both worlds and of neither. It is the gateway, the meeting place, for the other chakras. It is the one that gives expression to all the chakras, the interpreter, the mediator. It hears all the chakras and helps them understand and reach consensus about who the total and unique person will be.

The key is the total and unique person, which is something high school and its "socializing" pressures will not condone. So the upper chakras are not heard clearly by the lower chakras because the lower chakras are trying to become their own symphony instead of being the brass, wind, or percussion sections they really are. Depending on the cues they are getting from their peers may determine how hard the quartet is trying to do the complete septet on their own. If they aren't allowing the strings (third eye and crown chakras) into the mix and not following the conductor (the throat chakra), may have a deep impact on how the thyroid functions during those years.

Now fast forward to the Uranus opposition. Humans do not have a grand master plan on how to deal with having very many people who routinely live past this opposition. Up until the beginning of the 20th century probably only 20% of the population in the industrial nations made it to age 42 and beyond. Those who made it beyond 42 were considered elders and paid great respect. Today, I would guess over 75% make it past their 42nd birthdays and at least 50% make it to their 70s. The older generation, as long as it was few, held great wisdom for those younger. With a large older generation, it may appear there are no sages...but this veers off-track a little too much.

So the Uranus opposition and its relationships throughout the natal and transit chart, comes in and says it is time to give the upper chakras equal say in the total person's development. It is to be a partnership between all the chakras. Depending upon how well the lower chakras take to this Uranian dictate probably will indicate whether the person becomes hypo- or hyperthyroid. I think hypothyroid would be the lower chakras trying to withdraw into themselves and away from the throat chakra where as hyperthyroid may be more of the lower chakras overdelegating to the throat chakra.

I am still playing with this, so all of this is still in motion as I sift through all of it. Definitely a construction (how Saturnian of me ;) ) in progress. :D

Elianah

Elianah

The role of blame

Hi C1,

I hope I am doing the healing on the etheric level. I also realize that for the short term I do need to be using Synthroid to support my thryroid in its physical healing at this time. I just do not believe it is a life sentence as the medical establishment tends to want to paint it.

One of the interesting things I am doing is looking at how the throat chakra shuts down when I blame others for my station in life. I take away my own power of expressing who I am in the most honest way when I blame. And boy, do I have a lot of blaming I have done in the past and present that could cause the thyroid to malfunction and the throat chakra to close down.

Blame keeps us in the past and out of the now. That is what my discussion group last night keyed on when we discussed the Blame Game.

What I am interested in is the astrological factors that play into what a person's biggest target for blaming the infinite "they." Blame energy, through astrological triggers, could create disease in the body.

For example, let's start with the configuration that started this thread: transiting Saturn Rx moving towards conjunction with my Sun, the focal point of my t-square. As Frisiangal pointed out, Taurus rules the neck and I have Mars in Taurus. So there is a lot of forward acting creative energy (since it is also the 5th house) that needs to be expressed in ways that enhance self-worth and self-respect (Taurus in spades!) in a healthy and life-affirming manner.

If I am blaming another person for something, say like my mother for all my throat chakra issues, then I am taking the negative side of that Mars in Taurus energy and ultimately turning it against myself because it keeps me in the past rather than saying "so what can I do about it in this moment?"

I was a math whiz when I was a kid and I thoroughly enjoyed the subject. In seventh grade I was the second highest math student in my class. When I got into 8th grade Algebra, where all my teachers were expecting me to do well, I did not. My mother, who no one in the family was supposed to be smarter than, was lousy at math and my brother, who was also not good in math, was in Algebra the same year I was. My mother set up a competition between us and I sacrificed myself to keep the peace. My mother also was telling me that boys would never like me because I was too smart.

So I did what I thought was necessary at the time and did not do well in math in high school. Unfortunately, I allowed that to limit my choices because I couldn't do some of the science studies I wanted to do without the math.

And I have been blaming my mother ever since instead of saying "that was then, this is now...what am I going to do about it?"

So what am I going to do about it? Go out and buy a copy of Algebra for Dummies and its accompanying workbook and start reclaiming my power and my self. Mars in action finding creative solutions to bring forth the soul's goal.

Without that transiting Saturn retrograde I may have never made the connection between blame and what it has done to my thyroid so I can build a new structure for a healthier thyroid.

Elianah

Attachments

• April 5 Findings.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 42

C1

transits for healing

Hi Elianah,
First, Frisian's personal experience transforming
fixed energy is right on...as are your personal in-
sights, Elianah, about energy and time (and old
wound/injuries that are being healed now)...

Erin Sullivan's new book is the rage in certain circles
and she uses an algebraic lens to look at the intersecting
patterns of life-cycle transits at different points in our
personal time-lines, and I thought you may want to
see how she maps it out...also, there's a conference,
but you could also just refer to pp 149-155 of her new book:

(From Erin Sullivan's web site:)
A Symposium
“Astrology, Mythology and the Psyche”

The Evolution of Love, Relating and Creativity

with
Erin Sullivan
Author of The Astrology of Midlife and Aging

June 2nd 3rd and 4th, 2006

Santa Fe, New Mexico
At the Hotel St. Francis

Click here for full Information on the Symposium
Registration and Payment

Before April 20th - $650
After April 21st - $750
Visa/MC and Checks accepted

Registration and Information
Carole Anderson
PO Box 9287
Santa Fe, NM, 87504
(1) 505-466-6010
develyn003@earthlink.net

For Information on
Erin Sullivan's work, books,
reports and services go to:

www.erinsullivan.com

Erin's new book "The Astrology Of Midlife Aging" will go on sale in bookstores May 19th. There will be a book launch in Santa Fe at the ARK bookstore June 17th from 5 - 7:30 pm.THE FIRST IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS OF HOW AN INDIVIDUAL’S NATAL HOROSCOPE AND THE CYCLES OF PLANETARY DEVELOPMENT REVEAL THE UNIQUE CHALLENGES AND THE OPPORTUNITIES PRESENTED AT MIDLIFE.

Between the ages of thirty-seven and forty-one, something mysterious occurs within the psyche. Jung called this shift the advent of our “unlived life.” Midlife does not inaugurate a time of rapid decay, loss of libido, and inevitable death, but rather ushers in a rite-of-passage in which we might review our lives contemplatively and move more consciously into the next phases of ongoing adult development.

In The Astrology of Midlife and Aging, acclaimed psychological astrologer and author Erin Sullivan takes us through the metamorphoses of midlife and across the threshold into full maturation and elderhood. Sullivan shows how the onset of midlife is demarcated by the planet Uranus, which traverses halfway through its own cycle – called the half-Uranus in the natal horoscope – ushering in the midlife transition.

During this time, we may observe our own lives in a manner symbolized by Uranus, a slow-moving planet, awakening conscious witnessing of our patterns, a greater capacity for foresight, and creating the need for change and bold discovery.

Last week I took myself into a community clinic and asked a doc to
look at a growth on my right shoulder blade that had been totally
out of control for the past 10 years. It was a veritable monkey/
mushroom on my back. I asked whether I could just tie cat-gut string
around it (he said I could put a rubber band around it and it would eventually
fall off, but he just snipped it off! Now I apply for sliding scale fee (since I
do not have insurance, of course)...and voila!....I am free of the
old wound...

which happened as I s l o w l y learned the lesson to
"not go there" every time I wanted to
be angry at those who dissed me (disrespected, disturbed, dismissed or
just didn't "see" me) or who we let set us back.

TODAY WE ARE WARRIORS

and I honor the indigenous spirit of the people whose ancestral lands I live on, for access to this
healing energy today --

Great to hear you, Elianah!

C1

Elianah

Erin Sullivan

Hi C1,

Yes, I have had a copy of her book since last summer when a friend introduced me to it. I am entering the period where Erin doesn't have much too say...I have gone through my nodal inversion and Jupiter return but have not yet reached the Chiron return. I just noticed that transiting Chiron Rx is loosely opposed to my natal Uranus currently, although Chiron will move away fairly quickly from that orb and back towards my Sun (oh...my natal Pallas will take a full hit in that transit, just as it has with the Saturn retrograde).

What interests me is that t-Saturn was almost exactly conjunct my natal Uranus (within seven minutes) when it turned retrograde last December. It will return to the point it turned retrograde sometime on July 10, 16 days before my birthday. So I think there are still some unusual restructuring lessons for me to receive from this retrograde period.

Uranus is the higher octave of Mercury, which rules speech and expression. With a new sense of grounding and structuring from t-Saturn, I may be able to use the natal Uranus energy in a healthy way to heal my thyroid so I can open my throat chakra. And also get rid of the dry mouth...:)

Elianah

Frisiangal

The Blame Game

Elianah said:
What I am interested in is the astrological factors that play into what a person's biggest target for blaming the infinite "they." Blame energy, through astrological triggers, could create disease in the body.

Hi Elianah,
PLEASE, PLEASE do not take this post as a pointing finger but, hopefully as a guide.:)
May I ask; did your group discuss passing on and placing blame on others as a means of not accepting responsibility for personal actions?
Did it discuss the role of taking and accepting the blame for that for which one was not responsible or guilty?

My study of the Black Moon Lilith has shown that it is as much the ruler of the imagery of the inner world as Saturn is the ruler of the manifested outer world. Each is as strong as the other in its domain. The 'role' BML portrays through hidden feelings has shown that it has much to do with the why's and wherefores of passing/accepting blame, as opposed to actual guilt (Saturn).

At its best, BML has correlated to what one COULD be but not yet is in manifested form. If this part of one's natural nature does not manifest for whatever reason, it can nag, gnaw and fester inside. BML's link by sign or aspect to manifested disease is becoming too regular to be considered mere coincidence.

My inspiring Pisces Sun first astrology teacher said that a person can NEVER blame someone else for what happens to them, when living through the influence of the Moon. She was referring to one's emotional response, reaction, conditioning and attitude towards another which is stronger than their own force.

The T-square to which you prescribe your manifested dis-ease is between Sun-Mars-Neptune. You mentioned in your post how you sacrificed (Neptune) yourself (Sun) for your brother, rather than act (Mars) on behalf of yourself. I.O.W, the Sun-Neptune square was stronger than the Sun-Mars square within yourself. Could not the opposition between Mars and Neptune be suggestive of a (fear of...Scorpio?) failure to take action as opposed to the courage to take and do something substantial (Taurus) with it ?
If for whatever reason personal action is not taken, how can one possibly blame another ?

You might find it of interest that on your date of birth Black Moon Lilith was on 17 degrees in Aries. The natural but hidden courage that lies (dormant)within one's self.
Transiting Black Moon Lilith has just reached 14 degrees Virgo.
You might (not) care to look at the aspects both positions make to your natal chart regarding the ease/difficulty of blame, false imagery, and accepting responsibility for one's actions.........apart from everything else going on in your chart:D.

F.

Elianah

The Blame Game

Hi Frisiangal,

You asked:
did your group discuss passing on and placing blame on others as a means of not accepting responsibility for personal actions?
Did it discuss the role of taking and accepting the blame for that for which one was not responsible or guilty?

Yes on both accounts.

You said:
The T-square to which you prescribe your manifested dis-ease is between Sun-Mars-Neptune. You mentioned in your post how you sacrificed (Neptune) yourself (Sun) for your brother, rather than act (Mars) on behalf of yourself.

What I said was:
My mother set up a competition between us and I sacrificed myself to keep the peace.

The point that I was making was that if I presently blame others (my mother) for choices that I made for whatever reason (in this case to keep family peace) in the past, I keep myself in the past. There are choices that cannot be changed (like not doing well in math in high school) but how I choose to respond to those choices in the present is what is key here. If I continue blaming another, it keeps me in the emotional past rather than in the now. Blame keeps me out of the present moment.

You said:
I.O.W, the Sun-Neptune square was stronger than the Sun-Mars square within yourself. Could not the opposition between Mars and Neptune be suggestive of a (fear of...Scorpio?) failure to take action as opposed to the courage to take and do something substantial (Taurus) with it ?

Emotionally, I would say the Sun-Neptune square in this example may have been the stronger one of the two squares at the time. I felt powerless in dealing with my mother at the time and I do admit I have projected that powerlessness into other situations beyond that time. At the time I did not know any other actions to take that would preserve my developing sense of self-worth (Taurus) while also making sure I was not abused by my mother.

You said:
If for whatever reason personal action is not taken, how can one possibly blame another ?

Ah, but the rub is, until one can separate out the personal responsibility piece from the rest of the situation, then it is easy to blame. Personal responsibility is also a very Taurian thing, as well as not taking on others' power trips is a very Scorpionic thing. I did take on my mother's power trips to actively deny my own self-worth and personal resources when I was growing up so I could grow up. The problem is that it created a positive feedback loop that made it easy to blame.

So what I am doing now is trying to reclaim the power that I gave away so I could survive to become an adult. Part of that process is to let go of the blame and ultimately to forgive.

By looking at my t-square, I can see how I sent the Sun-Neptune square energy barreling into the Mars energy in Taurus and creating the energetic imbalance to shut down my throat chakra and play havoc with my thyroid's health. Transiting Saturn has provided me the chance to look at the ancient structures I have built, deconstruct them and rebuild myself in my soul's image.

This is what makes sense to me at this time in my life. I claim it and I will work with it. I see what you are saying with Black Moon Lilith, but I also believe that astrological points are just amplified nuances of the main chart. How one deals with emotional imagery is as much Neptune's realm as it is Lilith's. Since I have Mercury/Pluto sextiled Neptune and trined Mars, the transformation/transmutation of Mars/Neptune relationship is more important to me than Black Moon Lilith is at this time. Transiting Saturn is assisting me in providing the structure for that transformation/transmutation to fully be realized.

This may feel wrong to you from what you know about astroloy and I can accept that. Each person on this site has a different approach to astrology which will weave together at times and stand opposed at others. What we learn from each other at the oppositional times is just as important as the times we stand together.

Elianah

Frisiangal

Elianah said:
Hi Frisiangal,

This may feel wrong to you from what you know about astroloy and I can accept that. Each person on this site has a different approach to astrology which will weave together at times and stand opposed at others. What we learn from each other at the oppositional times is just as important as the times we stand together.
Elianah

Hi again,Elianah.
Nothing feels wrong to me and I agree with and respect your sentiments. As I said, I wasn't pointing a finger, just offering a perspective regarding astro. implications of health.

Incidentally, my latest blood test result showed that the thyroid 'count' had gone down and a decrease in medication is to be considered.:D

F.