Why Does My Moon Persona Chart Look Like It Belongs To A Serial Killer?

Zuri

I knew that I had an afflicted Moon. In my natal chart, my Moon in Leo is the apex of two T-squares involving a Saturn retrograde and my Venus/Neptune. However, my Moon Persona chart looks horrible. It strongly suggests a very tightly wound personality. There are so many squares, oppositions, and T-squares that it's blinding me! This Moon Persona chart is actually scaring me. If all this is beneath my emotional surface, it makes me wonder if I'll ever resolve my emotional challenges.

Zuri+Moon+Persona+Chart.gif

Is this chart saying that while my Moon is officially in Leo (which never made sense to me, as I have few Leo tendencies), underneath I express my emotions like a reserved and critical Virgo Moon (which makes a lot more sense to me)?

Is that a Mutable Grand Cross in my Moon Persona chart? Or does it not count as a true Grand Cross because my Part Of Fortune and not a planet is involved?

With my Moon Persona Mars in Aquarius conjunct an Aquarius Ascendant, I must have a strong emotional need to exert my self-identity. In particular, I have a strong desire to be independent.

While my overall natal chart has a good number of planets in Water signs (thus I'm emotional), I'm concerned that my Moon Persona chart shows that underneath I may be emotionally cold (only 1 planet in a Water sign?)

It only subtly shows up in my overall natal chart (via Saturn retrograde in 4th / 5th House cusp), but my Moon Persona chart shows that my relationship with my father wasn't good (Sun square Saturn). Actually, I recall no interaction whatsoever with him or his side of the family.

My mother (who had severe mental illness) committed suicide when I was a teen. Does that show up in this chart? My mother's parents raised me since I was a toddler. I suppose the Saturn in Gemini in the 4th House (House of Home & Family) -- which suggests that I lived in at least two different households -- plays itself out there?

That Grand Trine between 4th House Saturn, 8th House Uranus, and 1st House Mars gives me some hope. What exactly does it mean though?

All of my planets except Mars are in the Western Hemisphere. Mars (action) drives my entire Moon Persona chart?

Am I interpreting this chart correctly? Below is my overall natal chart, as a reference:

Zuri+Natal+Chart+POF+Regulus.gif

Peregrine_Moon

I don't think your Moon persona chart looks like the chart of a serial killer. :smile:

Basically, each of our natal planets has a different persona. The chart for each planet is a way to describe what that particular planet is about. The planet in the persona chart frequently inhabits a different sign and house from its position in the natal chart, though.

You should find out about personal charts. Here's an article at Astrodienst that will get you started.

Also, be very careful about taking any one thing out of context! You have to learn to read the chart as a whole, not as a bunch of separate pieces. Isolating bits will lead to misconceptions that are hard to work with. For example, having only one planet in a water sign does not make someone cold or lacking in emotion. If I recall correctly, Beethoven had only Neptune in a water sign. Lacking in emotion? I don't think so! Elvis Presley had no planets in fire signs! The question is, what did they do to compensate for the apparent lack of water or fire? That's where things start to become interesting!

I would not include fixed stars, asteroids or Arabian parts in these chart evaluations, by the way. I would include Chiron, but others might not.

In the Moon persona chart, you might want to consider the T-square involving Jupiter-Neptune opposite Saturn, both squared by Sun-Venus. Notice, too, that your grand Air trine has neither the Sun nor the Moon involved. It will tend to operate independently of your ego and emotional centre. What will be the effect of that? Grand trines look like lovely things, but they're really very closed systems. They don't need to engage with other planets or areas of the chart, do they? What does that mean?

Have fun!

Last edited:

Zuri

Serial killer may have been the wrong term. I actually had James Holmes (mass murderer of Colorado "Batman" movie theater infamy) in mind when creating this thread. His natal chart looks a lot like my Moon Persona chart, if I recall!

Wow, I was so focused on the squares, oppositions, and negativity going on in that 7th House that I had overlooked the Grand Air Trine. I'm reading online that the best way to activate a Grand Trine is to examine the planets which are in opposition or square to the Grand Trine planets. In my Moon Persona chart, that would be the Sun-Venus in the 7th House. So I should build that up more?

MJ82

alot of serial killers have jupiter or venus in scorpio,

Wow, that's really helpful and constructive! Especially given the OP started this thread to get feedback over an issue she finds unsettling. Nice.

I wasn't going to post as I really know nothing about "persona charts", but it's like a golden rule that you don't make such generalisations on the basis of a single placement. Astrology 101? :annoyed:

Peregrine_Moon

Serial killer may have been the wrong term. I actually had James Holmes (mass murderer of Colorado "Batman" movie theater infamy) in mind when creating this thread. His natal chart looks a lot like my Moon Persona chart, if I recall!

I don't want to be argumentative, but I've studied Holmes' chart a lot because my daughter is only three weeks older than he is and I'm intrigued by the differences between their charts, quite apart from the fact that she's never killed anything. I don't imagine she ever will. I don't see much similarity between your Moon persona and Holmes' chart.

Wow, I was so focused on the squares, oppositions, and negativity going on in that 7th House that I had overlooked the Grand Air Trine. I'm reading online that the best way to activate a Grand Trine is to examine the planets which are in opposition or square to the Grand Trine planets. In my Moon Persona chart, that would be the Sun-Venus in the 7th House. So I should build that up more?
I think so, but I'm not very familiar with ways to work with these persona charts. It looks like, in terms of your emotional life, you may sometimes get caught up in a cycle where frustration in your home and family life (Saturn in the 4th house) is connected with your energetic self-expression (Mars in the 1st house) and your freedom from others' emotional investments (Uranus in the 8th house).

If that's accurate, then focusing attention on your own sense of self (Sun) and what you love (Venus) could be an effective way to be released from the cycle.

Alternatively, you might look at your Venus persona chart and see if there are insights there that are helpful.