Chandra Lagna vs Normal Lagna

HoldOrFold

I've attached the sidereal charts for both normal and chandra lagna.

In my normal chart I have Moon in the 7th which means that from Chandra lagna all the placements are reversed from the normal lagna position. Is there any significance to this?

For instance, it's said that Ketu represents things that you have done a lot of in the past life, for me it's in the 4th in the normal lagna chart but in the 10th in chandra lagna, both have opposite meanings. Does it mean that in past lives I've done lots of 4th and should be pursuing 10th or does it mean I've done more 10th and should be pursuing 4th?

I've noticed the importance of the chandra lagna chart though, for instance I got my first significant career right at the start of Saturn/Ketu (Ketu is in the 10th in chandra lagna).

I inherited a property right at the start of Saturn/Venus (Venus rules the 4th in chandra lagna).

I moved into a new house, became good friends with the landlord and invested money with a property developer at the start of Saturn/Rahu (Rahu in the 4th house in Chandra lagna) etc.

It seems chandra lagna manifests especially within the dasha system, but which one normally "wins" in a case like this when all the planets are in opposite houses and is there any significance to this?

Attachments

• normal lagna.jpg
    normal lagna.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 27
  • chandra_lagna.jpg
    chandra_lagna.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 25

kshantaram

Premium Member
The ascendant chart indicates the structure of life, physical, infrastructire, potentials during the incarnation;

how and when this will manifest will depend on the behavioural effectiveness of how one is able to positively make use of the opportunities, reflected by the transits, mahadasas, etc based on position from the soon, where the transit rules are different and elaborate, a volume by itself difficult to be grasped and integrated by an untrained amateur including myself.

A transit in the ascendant chart could be confirmed for it's reliability, predictibility based on the moon chart placements/transits and as per rules of moon transits, not the ascendan transits, as i understand.

Aries-mars inimical-malefic for leo asc,
stress-delays in luck-education-father-travels;
Mer lord 11th over inimical aries, gains under stress-delays;
prone to skin-nerve inflammations;
mer settling life at 32+

inimical mars-ketu separative SNode scorpio 4th,
keen research-occult-forensic-metallurgy/mining-oil exploration;
stress-delays in domestic matters,
detachment from mother-motherland-property;
pain-injury-surgery urological-heart-lungs;

prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at the alter at home tues evenings;

mars-rahu NNode opp, rise-fall in life, toxic health issues;
prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-moon evenings;
observe death anniversaries religiously;
wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;

rahu taurus love of foriegn food-comforts and foreign assignments;

Libra-venus 9th inimical for moon acq, sat elevated libra
for law-justice-distant travels-initiative but under stress-delays;
sat inimical libra prone to kidney-thigh-arm-shoulder issues;
sat 9th trine moon settling life at 36+

sat-mer opp, statistical, tactical, negotiation skills;
but under stress-delays; skin-nerve issues;
observe fast wednesdays, saturdays;

Inimical venus with moon acq 7th, reformist, artistic/pharma aptitudes, good looks, dance, etc
but abdominal health-legs-heart-lungs-kidneys-circulation and marriage-vocation under stress-delays;
moon natal lord 12th for health/losses;

Moon Satabhisha nakshatra of rahu, bold from the outside
but a worried subconscious, requiring medical attention often;
said to be protective surrounded by doctors;

jup-sat-ketu now year ahead transit natal jup-sag 5th, 11th from moon;
keen philosophical-advisory aptitudes,
seeking change but stuck, negating new employment prospects,
detachment from luck-education-romance-children-position,
pain-injury-surgery heart-stomach-thighs-arms-shoulders-ears etc

Now many modern vedic astrologers attach significance to transits from the asendant, ascendant signs move faster than the moon signs,
suggesting a more specific micro view of the life of the individual;
while the rishis classifically gave importance to gochara/transits from the moon, including the dasa system, as moon is our consciousness,
and our growth depends on our conscious choices, ability to make choices under circumstances.

Need to integrate the both, transit behaviours from the moon, and transit n house effectiveness/subject matter from the asc house;

Sat elevated 3rd libra good for initiative-progress, telecommunications, supervisory roles; but under stress-delays being 9th from moon in inimical sign moreover, with health issues; sat libra debilated aspect over inimnical aries-mer 9th for luck-education-father-travels

hope able to make some sense, which you can further try out on your chart and seek validity to share here.

Do share specific feedbacks how true-insightful, traits-talents-health-life trends-remedies-ideas to pick etc etc,
wonder whether read your chart earlier?

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

ANUP

Choose whichever is stronger between ascendant or moon. Always study any chart taking normal ascendant first. Then study from moon lagna. Also for better accuracy, sun can be considered after two.

-Anup