Will I lose my job?

I'm a novice with horary and would love some insight from someone more experienced. This is the chart for the question, "Will I lose my job?" Mars in the first seems to indicate action and with the querent in the third seems to indicate I will be traveling. But Sun on the MC is a good thing, right? Help. I'm totally lost. Any insight from wiser souls would be most appreciated.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Firstly, I'm not so sure I enjoy the idea of Mars being significant of your job, unless of course your job is one of the martian professions. While normally the significator in the first house would be a good thing, I can't help but think that a peregrine Mars fulfilling this role would be so positive.

Something I can't help but notice is that the two significators have no reception to each other and there's no aspect joining the two. To make things even weirder, Mars has just left the place of the Moon's dignity, if I didn't know any better I would say you've already lost your job. The Moon is coming to oppose Jupiter next, and that's definitely not a good thing coming from the sign of Jupiter's detriment.

It doesn't look so good, but here's to hoping I'm wrong. :)

Thanks for the insight. I am now thinking that I phrased the question as a negative....which is confusing. I should have posed the question differently.

astro09

I understand that there are times that a question seems hard to answer. I see how this one can be kind of tricky.

Let's see what is there. Mars (the job) peregrine (not a good omenl), the job is may be encountering some problems, something that perhaps has started recently (??). Besides, it could have started already lower income issues for the business but I think that things are going to get better,stronger.

On the other hand, mars is in the first house (that"s very good).

If we think in terms of the basic concepts, there must be an aspect to produce an action, and there is none between the significators (moon and mars)...I lean toward the fact that you will keep your job.

Good luck! Lets us know what happen.

fensi88

I would agree with astro09.
You are Moon, your job is Ma. Moon and Ma has no aspect, the answer to your question is NO.

Thanks Fensi88 and Astro09 for the insight. Astro09 is correct in deducing that the business has not been going well for the past year...hard hit by the recession. Hopefully, things will get better.

Olivia's insight regarding the Mercury 12th ruler squaring the ascendant from the 10th house of my boss also seems accurate. My boss is creating, to paraphrase Lilly on the 12th house, much tribulation and all manner of affliction for me.

It seems the chart is showing I won't actually lose my job, I'll just continue to experience a lot of difficulties. :unsure:

Thank you everyone for sharing your insight and wisdom. I actually feel relieved and much more prepared to deal with negative aspects.

Neptune Rising

Hi Superblast

It looks quite clear this chart, Sun at the MC, mutual reception with Sun/Mars.

I had similar aspects when I did a chart about my ex job.

South Node right on the ascendant suggests to me a bit of loss for you in connection with this.

Moon opposing Jupiter, ruler of the 6th house of daily work suggests a seperation.

Saturn, ruler of the 8th house of loss sits on the Nadir, Moon travels a bit, opposes a fairly prominent Uranus then there is a mutual application of Moon to Saturn. It changes signs really really prior to this. This in itself just said to me you may be loosing your job. I do hope I'm wrong though. Do you have a feeling, or sense, that you will loose your job, is there 'something in the air' at work that you are picking up on?

Sun is in exhaltation, and Moon is in the 2nd house, is your money good in this job? It looks like that is a major part of your concern.

Venus in Aries is the job's money, which is pretty bad in detriment.

Moon also squares the POF.

I'm sorry for the bad news in my post, good luck though however it turns out. Keep us posted if you are able :smile:

I just want to thank everyone for their comments and provide an update on my job disposition. My company will announce this week that my boss and some of the business operations will move to another office located in a different city and that there will be a major reoganization. My boss has preliminarily offered me a position at the new office which will require me to move house. No firm offer has been made yet and negotiations about renumeration for moving expenses, etc. are not complete. So, I am still unsure of the outcome. I could be moving later this year or decide to stay in my current location and look for a new job. It is a tough situation:unsure:.

I'll keep you posted on the final outcome.