Pluto Transits

rogue_red

windwispers said:
i've been told that i should expect death of some sort...family members, friends...

Its completely irresponsible of someone to tell you to expect death during a pluto transit. Ethicly reprehensible. Pluto is destructive but not evil. Most often it is behaviors attitudes and bad habits that die, not necessarily loved ones.:(

rogue_red

seasand said:
Hi,

my birthdate is : 14th december 1980
1:17 am
istanbul turkey,

you can just draw a chart in astro com

it is easier like that

Hi there, I had a quick look at your chart and I can see why you want to blame pluto for the lack of stability that you seek but that is not the cause. You have a very strongly place neptune that is on the IC conjunct your sun and this sun/nep conjunction opposes your MC (direction in life). This often contributes to a real sense of being 'lost'. Also you have a pisces moon and pisces is ruled by neptune so once again we see the neptune influence contributing to your lack of stability. The vagueness of neptune coupled with the expansive jupiter (as planet ruler) only adds to this. The ruler of your 3rd house is Mars and your mars is in 4th house but makes no major aspects. Mars is your drive and even though mars is exalted in capricorn it has yet to find root within you. I expect when pluto conjunct mars in the fourth you will find what you are looking for but you must be prepared to engage pluto activly and positivly. The difficulty with this combination is the fact that the ruler of both sun, mercury and neptune (jupiter) is in the first house so you are very aware of this influence. Pluto is in the second house which deals with your values, self esteem and personal resources. Pluto is trying to tell you that the key to stability lies within your own self esteem and your own resources. Your saturn return should help with this but be warned that often the saturn return is felt harder than pluto transits, especially concidering you have been having pluto transits of one sort or another since you were born. Also i wanted to add a note in defense of neptune. Neptune isnt all about vagueness and procrastination, it also gives you a very sympathetic and caring nature. I do believe that you will find peace and stability within a higher realm, whether that is religeon, astrology or the peace corp i dont know but through such service to others of a spiritual nature you will find your true nature.:)

seasand

Dear Rogue red,
thank you for the analysis and info about pluto and neptune.
So you say the instability is because of neptune. Yes my chart has heavy neptune influence , pisces moon neptune conjuncts sun, and IC yes, neptune has effects , causing me feel weaker than other people...

the positive side is i always daydream and forget all the difficulties i feel...:)

ag1road

Hi folks,
Thanks for all the good info on these posts.
I just realized that this incoming Pluto opp natal Saturn will be activating a natal T-square and basically creating a grand cross. I am guessing this will change what I can expect with this transit, but I am having trouble finding info on this. I'm a little nervous on this one....Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can be a little prepared?

IMG%5D

Last edited:

freedomlover

Hi folks,
Thanks for all the good info on these posts.
I just realized that this incoming Pluto opp natal Saturn will be activating a natal T-square and basically creating a grand cross. I am guessing this will change what I can expect with this transit, but I am having trouble finding info on this. I'm a little nervous on this one....Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can be a little prepared?

I was going to take a quick peep, but I can't get your chart to enlarge, ag1road. Can you re-post it? ( I might not "get" anything when I look at your chart, but if it's readable - someone else may.)

ag1road

re-posted on my user-page, see link in my signature.

just found out today what this pluto transit is all about-yep. boss really has it in for me. i don't know how i can last a full year of this. hopefully the first lash is the worst, but the transit isn't even exact until March!

i am really going to focus on using these energies to transform myself into the painter i feel i was meant to be, pulling from the grandcross this transit makes. otherwise, without art, i don't know what will get me through this.

seventhsun

Hi all,

I have Pluto transiting my first house and just about to make a sq with natal chiron.

astro.com describe the contact as "exressing rage" - I'd like to know if there are any better explanations of the contact if possible as this sounds quite gruesome (I'm probably being oversensitive [flashes pisces moon])

Expressing rage *** Valid during many months: This critical influence could awaken considerably conflicting emotions within you. You might have an increasing urge to finally tell someone straight to their face what you think of them, while at the same time being ashamed of having such hurtful and spiteful feelings. Others will possibly have difficulty coping with you at the present time, so that you are more reliant than usual on their patience and understanding. The best thing you can do now is to be compassionate with yourself.

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

My pluto transiting history so far:
1996 complete change of career after completing university.
2000 nearly died in a motorbike crash - really changed my outlook. found new job overseas meaning I HAD to get over my fear of flying.
2006 Achieved a long term dream that I never thought I would.
The career change has been challenging but I'm bringing change into the workplace but unfortunately my boss is the first to benefit. He's making use of my skills where actually he has none (this grates!)

I'm currently involved in a very difficult rs for nearly a year with someone that is extremely controlling but also very in love with me. My chiron is conjunct her moon - see thread in relational http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15167

I'm really not looking forward to the next 2 years and after that I have a lot of pluto transits in opposition to my personal planets in cancer which look like they'll probably keep me going to retirement...

apologies for the gloomy tone :/

s

Last edited by a moderator:

starzeeker

Whoa dude there's got to be a light at the end of the tunnel right?
You can choose to be happy or choose to be sad either way it's ( your ) choice. Try to cheer up! Put on a happy face and count all of your blessings.

starzeeker

As far as Pluto is concerned, I'm not fearful or anxious. I want to be able to read my own chart and how planets affect my sign what are trines, how long has Pluto been in my sign, when is it leaving, is it compatible, etc. Basically, I have a positive nature and not much can change that. I've been thru hell and back most of my life, you would not believe it (I am the rock of Gibralter) I am fortunate that way. What was said about Pluto's energy, how you can use it, apply it to your own power, and how changing your location really doesn't matter. I believe that to be true. It follows you wherever you may go. So, when somebody gives you lemons make lemonade! ;) Do not fear

zohra

rogue_red said:
Natal pluto conj natal uranus (in 6th...just)on the desc:)
Work upsets...yes, I had started a new job, loved it to peices but had to leave when my child care arrangements proved less than acceptable (ie the nanny smoking pot while caring for my baby)
Power changes...yes, had about 6 months where my daughter did her best to imitate satans spawn
Im not sure how this fits in but im convinced its pluto on the MC...have had an ongoing huge issue with tax department, they owed ME money...took 18 months to get it only after they audited me and nearly made me bancrupt.
As for shocking turn of events regarding relationships, when Tpluto first went within orb of square to natal pluto was when I had my major transformation. It was the beginning of the single most important developement i have ever experienced. I loved it:)

P.S Oh and I had my surprise baby, 10 yr gap between her and my other four, she my avatar:)

This seems like my chart 3 years ago. When Tr Pluto was square to Pluto and MC, needed to resign from my work (too many upheaveal with my manager after 10 years) than i found out that my ex partner of 18 years was cheating with my au pair (saw it)Saturn conjunct moon, total transformation, emotionally, physically etc than was hit by pluto transit what a bloody tornado:34:

needed to fight back for children and home and than for last 3 years i have worked in public organisation (different set of working environment) bigger money than i met a new guy T pluto sextile venus, T Jupiter trine moon (lord5). Started to take control as a single person, my family life, my commitment, my obligation and all fell in the right place. Of course i have still some worries like anyone but

but now i am much a different person, more in control, much happy, i have been given a fantastic opportunity to breakdown the unnecessary:p
Now looking above those 3 years it has been worth

my natal pluton conjon uranus/jupiter in 7th house, Pluto R limit6/7 house and lord of 8

Last edited:

cindah

Note to Summer Joy and all those with Pluto transiting the 8th: be careful of attracting/become obsessed with "pluto type" individuals...they may be totally wrong for you but because of the obession, it's hard to tell. Also, think hard before going to to debt....make sure its a debt you can live with. This is from the experience of Pluto in my 8th.

Now Pluto is transiting my 10th. As soon as it went over my MC at 24 Sagg, my mom passed away. Then I found myself going through some pretty instense power struggles at work...like someone else after my job...etc. (I've been owning my power here though...and although the ones against me are using deception...I am honest and hard working). So far I still have a job...so hope all works out here.

Now Pluto is also opposing my natal Venus, which is at 3 degrees cancer in the 4th. It just occured to me the other day one way I am expressing this transit...I bought some goats and I love them! Initially I did it to help keep the weeds and grass down...but now I realize its so much more. They are quite amazing animals. And they are teaching me SO MUCH about Capricorn. Believe me, if you ever own a goat, you will know why the ancients assocatied goats w/ Capricorn. I also have a cancer moon and in about ten years Pluto will oppose it. By then, maybe I will have a goat farm.
All the best to all,
cin

Sofia8

Amazon1963 said:
Since I keep seeing references to several members remarking about Pluto transits....thought for organization purposes that a discussion thread be started...

Sag 8 degrees rising here...Pluto transiting my 1st house since around 1995. Squares and oppositions: Pluto opposition Sun; Pluto square Moon; Uranus opposition Pluto, etc and so on...I dont have the author of the following...this is from early notes I made on transits:

Pluto: Pluto symbolises complete change and transformation ~ not suddenly like Uranus but slowly, profoundly and with a focus on the very depths of our beings. It brings strength and intensity to whichever area of our lives it touches. Pluto transits question the central tenets on which we have built our existence and why we behave in the ways that we do. They bring hidden psychological baggage to the surface ~ allowing us to review and to rebuild matters from a fundamental standpoint. Outmoded yet deeply conditioned psychological and emotional responses are frequently notable candidates for such.

Pluto transits often confront us with highly sensitive topics which we would rather ignore, so it's effects can be very difficult whilst we are working through them. Issues of control, manipulation, jealousy, possessiveness, dominance and power are frequent. This planet can engender a very ruthless response, so attitudes which take no account of the feelings of others should certainly be avoided. It's entry into a house is often associated with destruction and with decay, yet in time a new order will arise providing that Pluto's essential challenges are squarely addressed.

Inappropriate resistance will generally prove useless anyway. It will usually only serve to extend and to prolong this planet's more difficult effects!

PLUTO TRANSITING YOUR 1ST HOUSE (approx. 14-30 years duration)
During this period you may desire increased personal power and physical invulnerability. You may transform your personal appearance and personal expression several times. You may increase your will power, self-confidence, and personal resourcefulness through physical or competitive activities. Through stages of self-improvement you cast off your vulnerable or threatened self- image and assume a stronger, more autonomous persona.

10 years of having Pluto transiting my 1st house has resulted in an 'armed truce' with the planet. I might add its effects on my psyche, reactions, feelings and perspective have been profound (thats putting it mildly :roll: ). As a side note, it was during this time that I earned the nickname, Amazon. Yep, friends and family really do call me Amazon.

The power issues in my personal life have been about 'others', specifically their attempts to manipulate, exert control or to totally dominate me and my reactions to their efforts. I would also like to note that if you ever have to deal with some of the oppositions and squares that I have had in the last 2-3 years and are still occurring presently in my chart...May all the blessings of the universe fill you with more patience for others and yourself than you ever thought possible. Cuz yer gonna need lots of patience...

Interestingly, over the past six days or so, I have been pondering this very subject and reviewing journal entries. Had a great 'aha' moment too...I took a special work assignment in another state 2 years ago to 'get away' from what I thought at the time was dysfunctional family dynamic.

LOL! Guess what I learned? You might move or remove yourself from what you may perceive as the source, but your transits chase you regardless!! In the new state I found the same Pluto issues just with different people. At the time I was unaware of natal charts or transits and have now become aware. So it was actually the energies and reactions I carried within myself that brought out issues in another location.

You cannot change people or events. But you can change how you react to them, positively or negatively. You can change your thoughts not theirs. One of the most important lessons I have learned since Pluto came to visit my 1st house.

So, this Amazon keeps her plutonian charged arrows of assertion lightly sheathed, chooses her battles wisely, welcomes the challenge of introspection and personal growth, follows her own path regardless of what others would attempt to dominate, and realizes that a little bit of Pluto goes a very long way.

And so...where is Pluto transiting in your chart?

Amazon

Thank you Amazon for this post,

Pluto has recently entered my first house (capr) and I can say it hasn't been a pleasure trip, but I truelly feel deep down that it's all for the best.

Wanted to ask , what significance does it have i I have natal pluto on 10th house conjunct MC, and also neptune in 1st (or 12th , dont know sure ) conjunct Asc .

Someone told me that I can use solar arcs to check for my precise time of birth (i could be max15- 20 minutes off , but that changes soma aspects in my chart ), does anyone know where i can best do that ?

This is very important to me right now, cause according to my chart my rising is at 5 degrees capr , but Pluto hasn't reachet that yet ...

MTTY05

I was hoping some of you knowledgeable astrology folks could answer a little question....

I won't get too specific, but I am so tired of living in this inescapable hellhole in which my life as gone completley down the crapper over the past few years, and I wan't things to change. I tried changing things myself over the winter, but failed, again. Money is tight, my ego has been shattered, my social and love life is a joke, and on most days I feel pathetic and things only seem to be getting worse.

Pluto is transiting my 12th house, conjunct natal Neptune. And transiting Pluto is trining my natal Sun, Venus, Mars & Jupiter, and sextiling natal Pluto.

So my question is... can it be seen from these transits if or when things will start happening? Other than my enjoyable, but low-paying new job, nothing much has really happened for me since Pluto moved into Cappy late last year.

Natasha

rogue_red said:
Its completely irresponsible of someone to tell you to expect death during a pluto transit. Ethicly reprehensible. Pluto is destructive but not evil. Most often it is behaviors attitudes and bad habits that die, not necessarily loved ones.:(
My astrology teacher says that people tend to to live thru their pluto transits (from her many years of astrological consultation)
The reason for this ( i assume) is that PLuto transits are the time when we can make permanent change) thus moving along in our souls journey.
To Mtty05 - Pluto to Neptune is a generational transit but never the less it is a PLuto transit. Perhaps the image that comes to me is a time to make really large permanent changes in the area which your Neptune in the 12 represents. Also look at Neptunes aspects & what they mean for you has Pluto will enable large changes to be made their by you also.
Note PLuto tend not to give free lunches tho and whilst they do say the 'gods can be kinder than mortalss" during a PLuto transit we have to find that in ourselves which we need to change to enpower our journey.
By the way Mtty05 Saturn has been going thru Virgo for the last couple of years and I notice you have quite a few planets in Virgo.

Last edited:

MTTY05

Thanks for the reply Natasha. Yea, this 12th house stuff can be quite confusing and elusive. The subconscious? I have enough problems trying to figure out what I make of my conscious thoughts and actions. Wierd times I guess.

And I'll be glad when Saturn gets out of Virgo.

divine g

Banned
i went through a pluto-neptune transit a few years ago, and the smoke is still clearing. i went through hell, but i came out stronger. pluto seems to be squaring your north node in your 2nd house of Aries, that explains your issues with your self-worth right now. Your Jupiter in 3rd shows that by communicating and talking things out, you can grow wiser, and restore yourself esteem. Talking to people close to you, talking to astrologers, even talking with yourself will bring you alot of benefits.

Pluto will be making some nice aspects to your sun mars and venus over the next year or 2, so cheer up. Exercise, eat healthy, and you'll start looking better, and feeling better about yourself.

cassanra

Pluto is now squaring the Vertex in my natal chart
Pluto is one degree shy of my MC at 3'23 Capricorn. (though retrograde right now)
Pluto will conjunct saturn at 4'38 Capricorn and oppose mercury in the 4th.
I can tell you the oddest thing is I used to stutter terribly as a child.
It has recently come back..quite strange.
I go to the doctor on Wednesday. My mother had a terrible dream in which I died due to a burst stomach or some such. I have been having a lot of stomach odditiies. I laughed when she called me at 6:00am sunday morning to tell me about this dream ( I did not laugh at the time...I was half asleep) But we shall see. So far that has been about it (Pluto is in my 6th and rules my 8th so I am not happy about the scenerio)
But pluto trines natal saturn so maybe this repeat energy is okay for me...
I wonder why I missed this thread? I am just starting to really take a cloer lookat Pluto. Mostly I have ignored it as I thought Pluto at the MC was about 'go big or stay home' and applied for two manager positions only to have younger folks get the jobs. I decided I am not well liked so will that is the end of that story. WE shall see though as pluto did not quite cross the MC last year. The thing is I am in such a different state now. Such an odd place realy. Not sure what will happen.
Great thread.