Car dead, no cash, optimism crisis!

Jeremy

I know this is going to sound like a crazy question.

This morning, while taking my children to school, the engine in my car exploded! I have had quite a day, eventually I managed to tow the car to the garage and the mechanic looked at it and he has now told me that it is kaput.

I have no money at all, most weeks I cannot afford everything, I owe quite a lot of money to various things, so I really cannot find any extra cash to buy another car. My wife asked me just now if we would somehow be able to get another car though, so I am posting the question here.

I am quite desperate right now, we live miles from anywhere, not even a bus, so without a car I have no hope and my kids cannot even get to school. I know this sounds hopeless right now, but I am going through a tough patch financially for the last year and a half.

Okay, I am just asking about transport, the details for the chart were:
18 June 2008, 18:30 (BST-1), Tunbridge Wells UK, 51N08, 00E15.

Last time I asked on here somebody told me that I had to work it all out for myself, and then I would get some help, but only one person helped me about a week later, so that won't work, so please take pity and just tell me what you think, I am having a really funny day.

Jeremy

archergirl

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry to hear about the rough time you're having. It always seems to happen at once, doesn't it?

So is your question about whether you'll be able to afford a car, or whether you'll get another car (in general, providence providing, etc.), about your current state of affairs, etc? It's good to be specific.

Cheers,
AG:)

Jeremy

Hi AG,
I asked my wife, she says it is whether we will get another car, but I would say quickly, because a car in a month is not going to work :)

here is the chart if it helps.

656048594ae64ff69.gif

archergirl

Hi Jeremy,

It's probably no coincidence that you asked your question *exactly* on the full moon...I mean, *exactly*, not an arcminute different, in the chart I ran for your data.

The answer is probably 'not quickly', no, but there seem to be a couple of solutions.

You, as Mars, have only recently separated from a conjunction with the South Node, so it is not surprising that you have been under the gun for awhile. Jupiter, which shows the state of your finances, is in its own house, retrograde and in fall. Not easy for you, I can imagine; the retrograde motion suggests that this is probably a time when you need to re-jig your financial situation.

Your co-ruler, the Moon, is also in the 2nd house, showing the focus of your anxieties, and as I mentioned you are exactly in opposition to the Sun, a position of extreme stress and debility.

I am going to suggest a couple of possible routes you can take:

1. The Moon's next application is to Venus, which in this chart rules the 6th and 11th houses. The 11th house is of course your friends, and because Venus receives the Moon it may be that you can ask a friend to help you out temporarily. Temporarily, I say, because when the Moon changes imminently to Capricorn the reception won't be as helpful; Venus will receive the Moon, but the Moon will be in opposition to Venus, so there will be a certain amount of wangling or tension involved.

The 6th also rules Social Services, and I think it's fair to say that in your circumstances you should talk to your local council about possible routes to assistance, especially since your children are directly affected by your situation. Venus is in the 8th house, which rules things like debts and loans, and this would suggest that you need to seek advice regarding your debts ASAP, if you haven't already. Talk to Citizens Advice Bureau and call Debtline! (It might also mean that a friend might bail you out, but speaking from personal experience it's better to keep money and friendship as far away from one another as possible). Here's a link I look at a lot: http://www.fool.co.uk/

POF sits exactly on the cusp of the 7th, as it always does in Full Moons; and this tells me that your fortune sits with 'other people': you are in debt; POF is conjunct the malefic fixed star Caput Algol: you have lost your head in the finance department. This would reinforce my suggestion that you talk immediately to a debt service or CAB: they can get your payments reduced to a manageable level. You need to be able to feed your kids and yourself, and to get them to school.

2. The other possible solution, which is connected to Venus, is Saturn. Saturn rules your neighbours and siblings, and the Moon will make a very friendly trine to Saturn. Venus applies by sextile to Saturn. The Moon will be in her detriment but receiving Saturn; so it may be that you can find a friendly neighbour to help you with your transport issues (carpool the kids to school, for example) or a sibling, possibly an older sibling, Edit: or even an older neighbour will also help out. I think there is a connection here, with the Moon, Venus, and Saturn, possibly between 'family and friends': people who will help you and provide some support. Edit yet again: Saturn also rules 'transport issues': this is an encouraging development...

So this doesn't provide you with an immediate solution, but I think it's fair to say that your situation doesn't just require a short-term fix but a long-term cure. Living on the poverty line is not good for you physically or mentally, and when you are living this close to disaster every day I think it might be a sign that you should step back and take a look at the wider picture of your situation (Mars, your significator, is in the 9th house of the Big Picture; I had wondered why it was there, but in writing this I now see the reason). Mars is in Leo, so perhaps I could delicately suggest that pride may be or may have been an issue here? Mars in the 9th also suggests that you might seek some legal help (e.g. CAB again!), or, if you are up for it, utilising the services of 'higher callings': an appeal at the local church, or something like that. It stinks, but there you go.

In any case, will you get a car immediately? Maybe not: Jupiter is retrograde until September and will be in fall until the end of the year, so your finances will continue to need tweaking for awhile.

But help immediately? Yes, I would think so; it may not be the kind of help you *want*, e.g. pennies from heaven (wouldn't that be nice?:p ) but help is there in the form of your community and maybe even the good old Council. Edit again: you yourself have said 'Fear profits a man nothing'. In this case, do not fear asking other people for help! :)

Best of luck!
AG:)

Last edited:

starlink

Hi Jeremy, how very awful this all sounds! You have always been very helpful with other astrological subjects here in the Forum, so I dont really mind in this case that you dont find the energy to go through a delineation yourself.
Archer Girl has given a very good description of this chart and I wonder if I can add to it or see anything different. But give me a bit of time to study this and I will get back to you. Cheers, Starlink

EJ53

Banned
Archergirl said:
....pride may be or may have been an issue here? Mars in the 9th also suggests that you might seek some legal help....but help is there in the form of your community and maybe even the good old Council.

Hi Jeremy,

Hats off to AG/Starlink and the other members of this board, who always seem to step up to the plate whenever someone who deserves to be helped needs to be.

I can't help with the astrology but (in the light of AG's comments) :-

1. Have you thought about filing for bankruptcy, to clear your debts and get a new start in life. The recent changes in UK law has both removed the stigma from this and ensures that you will not "lose your home" (or anything else that the family need). I believe your local Magistrates Court have the forms needed to start this process - but the Town Council or Citizens Advice Bureau will advise.

2. Social Services will indeed want to help here (and so will your children's schools + Education Department). The County Council is the place to go for this - but the best way to get action is to speak directly to your elected County Councillor.

3. Neighbour's will always rally round when they know you need them. (When my father was unable to work for six months due to injury, we lost count of the number of neighbours who knocked on our door with "excess food that they had mistakenly cooked for their family" and/or things that they "no longer needed". But, they were just repaying the many unselfish things my parents had done for others in the past.)

4. Your local "freecycle" website must be worth a visit, as people on mine do sometimes get rid of unwanted cars that way.

5. You've raised the problem of pride/self-sufficiency in the past - and this is another opportunity to tackle the related natal chart issues. And, as with all problems, not confronting the cause condemns us to re-live the effects.

PM me if I can do anything more concrete to help you with this.

EJ:)

Last edited:

starlink

Hi again! EJ, what a good idea about this "freecycle" website!

Jeremy, apart from the traditional ruler Mars, in this case, I am inclined to look also at the modern ruler Pluto, located in the 2nd house. I see that Moon, your co-significator, mutually applies to Pluto. Moon co-rules (intercepted sign) the 8th house of other people's support, so here we see that you are moving towards that support after a thorough deep inner transformation of your ideas about these sort of things (Sun will oppose Pluto and as AG mentioned, Moon exactly opposes Sun, showing the crisis you are in. Sun as heart of the chart in the 8th house, also shows that this question is all about a big crisis, money crisis. Moreover, Sun rules Mars and therefore I look at the Sun as well. Horary is indeed very much to the point.
It is therefore likely that you will overcome your resistence to ask for help.

Sun will almost immediately conjunct your Venus which could show similar things like AG mentioned about Moon opposing Venus. I also noticed the POF exactly opposing the Asc. (not lucky generally at the moment on the one hand) but conjunct 7th (lucky with others) Even so, Algol there can be painful and the fact that Mercury, ruler of other people's money is still retrograde in this chart shows some hesitation there. Fortunately Mercury will turn direct today so that is a positive sign.

Uranus, another modern one, is Angular and very close to the 4th house cusp so I also look at this one. Uranus rules the 3rd of neighbors and transportation. Neighbors probably will help your family out, but you will have trouble accepting this when I look at your Mars inconjuncting Uranus. even so, you will need them to put something that is out of balance, straight again. venus, as mentioned by AG as well will sextile Saturn so I have a good feeling about that. A (female)neighbor offering to bring your children to school is quite possible.

Jupiter will exactly sextile Uranus on the 8th of November which could show a sudden financial opportunity coming up. It is still a while away, but better late than never I always say. In any case Jupiter will turn direct again on the 8th of September and from that moment on things hopefully will improve for you financially.

I looked up the Sabian Symbol for the Sun, the heart of this situation as I see it:
Society granting Bankruptcy to him, a man leaves the court with mixed feelings

This could not be more to the point I would say. The Keywords here are:

Protection. Being let off the hook and set free to get on with a new life. Starting back at square one. Renewal. Sacrifice. the need to remain optimistic about the future. release of pressure. Facing judgement on one's worth.Booms and busts. Playing with money. Taking risks in the quest for money. issues of deserving respect. Leaving the scene. Feeling sad and relieved at the same time.

The Oracle says: this Symbol rarely describes "Bankruptcy" in the literal sense. There may be "Feelings" of failure along with the need to have the slate wiped clean, to be able to "leave the Court" and have a chance to start over again. when you actually reach rock bottom there are not many choices as to the way out. there's a need to grab hold of hope and let go of fear. the group, or society, can sometimes accept the responsibility for problems that people create, and give the individual a second chance.

This symbol can also show those who feel abandoned because someone has not lived up to their responsibilities. Alternatively, one may be prepared to give up everything and move on to a new and better life. the most important thing about "Bankruptcy" is that it should be undertaken without leaving feelings of guilt and loss. Forgiving and forgetting are both necessary. New truths will be learned and life will turn around with a feeling of release from the regrets of the past as life becomes lighter an dbetter. Things will surely pick up again on many levels! One has to let go of things and be prepared to move into a new attitude or way of life. The mistakes of the past become the lessons that make for a better future.

OK Jeremy, I leave it at that. I honestly hope that you will be helped and that you will accept it. In this time you will find out who are your real friends!
All the very best and good luck to you and your family.

cheers, Starlink

Jeremy

EJ, Star, AG,
My debts are not really a problem; in theory they are, but I have no money and nothing of any value in terms of possessions, and I really don't care about that, I have had a debt collector call round and he looked and laughed and said he won't be coming back until I win the lottery :) I am easily the least materialistic person I know, I simply am not bothered about owning things. If I have a bed and my ephemeris and a pen and paper then I would be okay. I was quite feral when I was young, I spent three years without a home of my own. I stayed with friends, slept rough, I lived for three months one summer on the beach at Lindisfarne. Now I am married with two children I need lots of money every week, but none of it for me, so my problem is not about debt, it is about cash! I would happily becme bankrupt, indeed I have dared the bank to whom I owe money to make me bankrupt (I wouldn't waste the money on the fee, it costs £3-400 I think and that would buy me another car!) but they refused. They said they don't mind waiting five years until I have some money again and can pay them back!

Getting the children to school is okay today, my father in law took them and we found out there is a bus in a village just a little more than a mile away. That's okay for my son. My daughter is more difficult because her school is not on the bus route, but she only has 2 weeks to go because she has an art scholarship at a private school, so worst case, she can start her holiday early this year :)

Neighbours I don't have. I live in the grounds of a museum, miles from anywhwere, most of the year it is closed but it is open in the summer, although the owners don't live there, only the staff who run the place are in evidence.

Yes, the pride about being self-sufficient is an issue probably, but I don't have anyone to ask for help. I couldn't ask my mother because she is psychotic, although my mother in law is very well-off although that's another story. She is incredibly miserly toward my wife and complains that she never has any money because she has to spend it all (get this) on her two youngest daughters. They are half-sisters, I posted about that before.

Yesterday I was in a panic, I don't want to sound completely hopeless because if I had a car I would never in a million years have posted about money, I am usually very happy with my frugal life, I don't really want anything. Actually I always complain about how I have too much stuff!

BUT, all of this discussion has made me realise some things which I cannot easily articulate here. About maybe my problem with thinking I deserve to be comfortabel. I thought about this a lot last night after AGs comments to me here and in a pm and I realised that maybe I am punishing myself. I had a terrible time for a couple of years and I am starting to think/see that maybe I have created a cause and effect scenario in my life, maybe I think that I deserve to be poor and to struggle because I must have been a bad person to have had all that stuff happen. When I was rich and comfortable (and from 27-38 years old I was) I didn't think much about other people and I lived a bit selfishly in my life, so maybe I feel now that I kind of brought it all on myself so I deserve to have all this difficulty. I am not saying that is it, but do you see my point? It is like an inkling right now. I need to think about it more.

Thank you as always.

starlink

Jeremy, you need a phylosophical attitude with things like this happening in your life and thank God, you are!! Everything happens for a reason (also one of my sayings) and this occurence has shaken you up and made you think about your life.That is always good.
I had another quick look at the chart and specifically looking for Mutual Receptions and there is one between Mars and Jupiter (by exaltation and term) and by Venus and Jupiter! (Exaltation and Triplicity) so that does show, I hope anyways, that some cash, as you call it, will become available to you in some way. MR's help one another as you might know, so I believe you will be able to keep your head above the water. Thank God you are used to a frugal life as you wrote. That helps a lot! But that does not take away the worries for the welbeing of your wife and children of course.
I dont think you deserve all this difficulty, please, dont say that. I do think it could be a cause and effect thing however. I guess you'll have to find the cause of "the cause". Must go again. Hope to have a glimps lateron .

Cheers, Starlink