What kind of people should a person with a Venus/Uranus in their natal date?

ChildOfVenus

I have this aspect in my natal chart and it's a tight orb. If a person has a hard Venus/Uranus aspect in their natal chart. What kind of people should this person date? Another person who has a Venus/Uranus aspect in their chart? Or what about someone who has a Moon/Uranus or Mercury/Uranus aspect in their natal chart?

ashriia

"Should date"? - I'm not sure I can answer that one.

However, I have the same, a tight orb between venus/uranus. I'm attracted, for better or worse to---sun conjunct uranus, moon conjunct uranus, and aqua moons.

I think so long as uranus is prominent with a luminary or rules the chart or sun, there will be a level of attraction. Same sex relationships are also possible.

ChildOfVenus

Not so much as should date I mean what kind of people would we be compatible with? I've read that people who have this would be better with someone else who also has this placement in their chart.
"Should date"? - I'm not sure I can answer that one.

However, I have the same, a tight orb between venus/uranus. I'm attracted, for better or worse to---sun conjunct uranus, moon conjunct uranus, and aqua moons.

I think so long as uranus is prominent with a luminary or rules the chart or sun, there will be a level of attraction. Same sex relationships are also possible.

ashriia

I've read that people who have this would be better with someone else who also has this placement in their chart.

That would be difficult to find though.

I think you will naturally be drawn to uranian types regardless; who understand your needs for space. Of course that goes both ways. I think that is the trouble with this aspect. Such as being attracted to people that are not emotionally available, and then getting upset by it.

ChildOfVenus

Yes it is hard to find when you say uranian would that also include people who are eccentric?
That would be difficult to find though.

I think you will naturally be drawn to uranian types regardless; who understand your needs for space. Of course that goes both ways. I think that is the trouble with this aspect. Such as being attracted to people that are not emotionally available, and then getting upset by it.

ChildOfVenus

Like maybe someone who has there personal planets in aspects to Uranus? Sun semisextile Uranus, Moon sextile Uranus or Mercury conjunct Uranus?

ChildOfVenus

I don't know if I'll ever get married I was in a relationship for 9 years. And then the guy said he wanted to have kids and get married. I ended up breaking up with him but there were other problems going on. I think part of it was that I was tired of the same retinue and then we argued so that basically pushed things to the edge.

Exactly, Precisely.:tongue:

GeminiGrrl

Speaking as someone with a Gemini Sun/Venus/Mars stellium in tight orb squaring both my natal Uranus and my natal Pluto -- which is an absolute pain in the backside, not to put too fine a point on it! -- I face some of the same challenges that you do. In my case, what makes this challenging is that my Moon sign is in Earth while my Sun/Venus/Mars are in Air -- but I'm at least fortunate enough to have the Moon in early Earth and my stellium in very late Air with the result that they actually sextile each other. Unfortunately, this still doesn't do quite enough to compensate for the fact that my Moon has different needs from my Sun/Venus/Mars.

You and I have discussed your chart before, and I notice that it has an almost equal mix of all four elements but with Fire dominating (four planets plus your Ascendant) and all three energies! With a chart as complex as this one, it's definitely going to be more of a challenge to find people with whom you're compatible. One thing I also notice, however, is that both your Uranus as well as your Ascendant are approaching the 29th (Anaretic) degree which I think potentially might work in your favor under the right conditions. As it happens, your Venus is approaching the 29th degree as well -- and your Sun is in very early Taurus, which is also close to the 29th degree although in the next sign over (it also forms a sextile out of sign with your Uranus, which I think you can make work for you). You also have Moon square Pluto, which is almost certainly affecting your relationships as well -- in fact, I think this actually deserves a little more attention than the Venus-Pluto square! Finally, all your outer planets are retrograde(!) and Neptune in particular gives you a high degree of sensitivity...which doesn't exactly help, I know, especially since it squares your Venus out of sign.

When looking for a relationship from an astrological point of view (because astrology is not "the key to all mythologies", only a very useful tool), I think it's important to honor and satisfy the needs of your Moon first if you're looking for relationship longevity -- not just because the Moon is the source of our comfort but because most aspects involving the Moon (even some the challenging ones) tend to draw two people together very powerfully over the long term whereas this is not so true of aspects involving Venus or Saturn. Your Moon in Aquarius as well as your Venus square Uranus suggests that you need a certain amount of space from a partner in order to be happy -- Sun in Taurus and Venus in Pisces be damned! -- so if you want a long-term relationship, I would look for partners who have their Sun in an Air or Fire sign rather than in Earth or Water. (If you don't really care about longevity in a relationship, then I might give a higher priority to your Sun and Venus.) These people are more likely to understand your need for space and their Sun is more likely to form a positive aspect with your Moon -- and your Mars and Saturn! -- unless their Sun is in the first or last degrees of the sign. (I've read that Sun/Moon aspects are particularly potent when the Sun person is male and the Moon person is female, because the Sun is a masculine planet and the Moon a feminine one.) However, even if their Sun is in the first or last degrees, this might still work out for you -- because someone whose Sun is in the early or late degrees might still form favorable aspects with one or more of the planets/points in your chart which is close to the Anaretic degree (Sun, Venus, Uranus, and Ascendant) even though these aspects would be out of sign in the case of your Sun and your Venus. Out of sign aspects are more complex than aspects in sign -- the energy of the aspect still works although not as easily because the elements are not compatible -- but complex is something that you're used to with your natal chart(!), so you might not find this as unsettling as some others would. In fact, you might find it refreshing and exciting.

Osamenor

Staff member
It's likely that people who are eccentric probably would have Uranus in aspect to their personal planets.

That, or on an angle, or maybe as a singleton in its quadrant of the chart. Somehow, Uranus is strong in their chart.

As to your original question of you should date, I think that's best indicated by your seventh house. Which sign is your DC in? The right kind of partner for you will have characteristics that sign describes. That doesn't necessarily mean they were born under that sun sign, or even that they have any placements in that sign--although, more likely than not, they do--but that their personality is something like that sign. If you have any planets in your seventh house, they add to that description.

Venus placement says something about your approach to love. What sign is your Venus in? What house? If it's in a fall or detriment sign--for Venus, that would be Aries, Scorpio, or Virgo--you probably have little patience for drawn out social graces and find flirting too fake. If it's in Libra, Taurus, or Pisces, you probably enjoy the dance of courtship very much. Either way, you need a partner whose way of communicating interest and affection is compatible with yours.

Moon indicates what you need for emotional security. In a relationship, meeting your emotional security needs is important, so it's important that whoever you date be compatible with whatever your moon's placement indicates.

If either Venus or the moon rules your seventh house and/or is placed there, it has extra emphasis on what kind of partner you need. If not, then also consider your seventh house ruler. Like Venus and the moon, it says something about what you need from a relationship.

Aspects add some detail to the messages of those planets, but the basic message of sign and house placement is the first thing to consider. What aspects you have with your natal Venus don't necessarily mean you should date someone who has x aspect in their chart, but they do say something about what you need from your partner, so you would need to date someone who can provide that. Possibly, a hard Venus aspect, square or opposition, would indicate competing needs that would play out on the relationship front.

GeminiGrrl

As to your original question of you should date, I think that's best indicated by your seventh house. Which sign is your DC in? The right kind of partner for you will have characteristics that sign describes. That doesn't necessarily mean they were born under that sun sign, or even that they have any placements in that sign--although, more likely than not, they do--but that their personality is something like that sign. If you have any planets in your seventh house, they add to that description...

If either Venus or the moon rules your seventh house and/or is placed there, it has extra emphasis on what kind of partner you need. If not, then also consider your seventh house ruler. Like Venus and the moon, it says something about what you need from a relationship.

That's an excellent point, actually -- one which I overlooked. If memory serves, Aquarius is the ruler of COV's seventh house cusp which means that her seventh house is ruled by -- you got it -- Uranus! In that case, it would be well worth while to look for prospective partners with their Sun and/or other planets in Aquarius since these would form very favorable aspects with her Moon and Saturn (for a long-term relationship) or with her Sun and Venus in the case of an early Aquarius Sun (for an affair which might not last long but which might nevertheless be quite enjoyable).

ChildOfVenus

You don't think I would do well with someone who has their Sun in an earth sign? Even though I'm a Taurus? That Venus square Neptune aspect in my chart is really wide 9 degree. I do not like having Venus in Pisces I feel like it just makes me weak sometimes. I'd rather have Venus in Taurus or Scorpio. I don't think it really bothers me honestly. I'm not sure what to think of the Moon square Pluto aspect. I thought that aspect had something to do with the relationship with the mother. When it comes to relationships I don't really know if I care about longevity. I was in a 9 year relationship with a Leo but then after awhile I started feeling like I wanted something different. Yes I do like to have my space and the Leo had a problem with that I think. I also have Uranus on the 5th house cusps which doesn't help I know and nothing in my 7th house. I guess maybe I do like unstable kind of relationships because there exciting in some ways.
Speaking as someone with a Gemini Sun/Venus/Mars stellium in tight orb squaring both my natal Uranus and my natal Pluto -- which is an absolute pain in the backside, not to put too fine a point on it! -- I face some of the same challenges that you do. In my case, what makes this challenging is that my Moon sign is in Earth while my Sun/Venus/Mars are in Air -- but I'm at least fortunate enough to have the Moon in early Earth and my stellium in very late Air with the result that they actually sextile each other. Unfortunately, this still doesn't do quite enough to compensate for the fact that my Moon has different needs from my Sun/Venus/Mars.

You and I have discussed your chart before, and I notice that it has an almost equal mix of all four elements but with Fire dominating (four planets plus your Ascendant) and all three energies! With a chart as complex as this one, it's definitely going to be more of a challenge to find people with whom you're compatible. One thing I also notice, however, is that both your Uranus as well as your Ascendant are approaching the 29th (Anaretic) degree which I think potentially might work in your favor under the right conditions. As it happens, your Venus is approaching the 29th degree as well -- and your Sun is in very early Taurus, which is also close to the 29th degree although in the next sign over (it also forms a sextile out of sign with your Uranus, which I think you can make work for you). You also have Moon square Pluto, which is almost certainly affecting your relationships as well -- in fact, I think this actually deserves a little more attention than the Venus-Pluto square! Finally, all your outer planets are retrograde(!) and Neptune in particular gives you a high degree of sensitivity...which doesn't exactly help, I know, especially since it squares your Venus out of sign.

When looking for a relationship from an astrological point of view (because astrology is not "the key to all mythologies", only a very useful tool), I think it's important to honor and satisfy the needs of your Moon first if you're looking for relationship longevity -- not just because the Moon is the source of our comfort but because most aspects involving the Moon (even some the challenging ones) tend to draw two people together very powerfully over the long term whereas this is not so true of aspects involving Venus or Saturn. Your Moon in Aquarius as well as your Venus square Uranus suggests that you need a certain amount of space from a partner in order to be happy -- Sun in Taurus and Venus in Pisces be damned! -- so if you want a long-term relationship, I would look for partners who have their Sun in an Air or Fire sign rather than in Earth or Water. (If you don't really care about longevity in a relationship, then I might give a higher priority to your Sun and Venus.) These people are more likely to understand your need for space and their Sun is more likely to form a positive aspect with your Moon -- and your Mars and Saturn! -- unless their Sun is in the first or last degrees of the sign. (I've read that Sun/Moon aspects are particularly potent when the Sun person is male and the Moon person is female, because the Sun is a masculine planet and the Moon a feminine one.) However, even if their Sun is in the first or last degrees, this might still work out for you -- because someone whose Sun is in the early or late degrees might still form favorable aspects with one or more of the planets/points in your chart which is close to the Anaretic degree (Sun, Venus, Uranus, and Ascendant) even though these aspects would be out of sign in the case of your Sun and your Venus. Out of sign aspects are more complex than aspects in sign -- the energy of the aspect still works although not as easily because the elements are not compatible -- but complex is something that you're used to with your natal chart(!), so you might not find this as unsettling as some others would. In fact, you might find it refreshing and exciting.

ChildOfVenus

What if the person was Uranian? Wouldn't that basically be the same thing? Since Aquarius is ruled by Uranus? I do get along with Aquarians though my childhood friend she's an Aquarius and we get along.
That's an excellent point, actually -- one which I overlooked. If memory serves, Aquarius is the ruler of COV's seventh house cusp which means that her seventh house is ruled by -- you got it -- Uranus! In that case, it would be well worth while to look for prospective partners with their Sun and/or other planets in Aquarius since these would form very favorable aspects with her Moon and Saturn (for a long-term relationship) or with her Sun and Venus in the case of an early Aquarius Sun (for an affair which might not last long but which might nevertheless be quite enjoyable).

GeminiGrrl

You don't think I would do well with someone who has their Sun in an earth sign? Even though I'm a Taurus?

Given how very complex your chart is -- particularly with your Sun at only 1 degree of Taurus -- I'd actually advise you to direct your focus away from people whose Sun is in Taurus or another Earth sign as prospective partners unless you're talking about someone born very close to the cusp (meaning that the Sun is in the very first degrees of the sign like yours is or in the very last degrees). Someone whose Sun is another Earth sign is likely to come into conflict with your Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and/or Saturn -- all of which are in Air or Fire signs within a range of 12 to 20 degrees. (Oh, and as if that wasn't enough...Chiron's there as well!)

One of the particular challenges in your chart is the degrees at which your planets are placed. Two of your significant planets (Sun and Venus) and your Ascendant are, as I said, at very late or early degrees while three of your other significant planets (Moon, Mars, and Saturn) are in the middle of the sign. As a result, much as I hate to point this out, it will probably be difficult for you to find someone who hits all the bases which means that you'll probably need to pick your battles. I would on the whole advise that you look for prospective partners whose Sun and/or other planets forms a favorable aspect with the Moon-Mars-Saturn corridor in your chart -- meaning someone who's NOT an Earth sign! -- because these three planets in particular are so critical to the pleasure level in a relationship. Unless you really think that "love is a battlefield" and enjoy relationships in which there's a lot of drama -- hey, some people do want that! -- it's a good idea to avoid people whose planets will form challenging aspects with one or more of these (and in your case, a negative aspect with one will probably mean a negative aspect with at least one of the others as well). In my observation and experience, you're better off picking someone whose planets form negative aspects with your Venus (and even your Sun) than with someone whose planets form negative aspects with your Moon or Mars or Saturn (especially the last two).

I do not like having Venus in Pisces I feel like it just makes me weak sometimes. I'd rather have Venus in Taurus or Scorpio.

I don't mean to sound flip, and I know that this is not what you want to hear -- but like it or not, this is part of the hand you've been dealt and the only thing you can do is look for some way to work with it to whatever extent you can. However, believe it or not, Pisces is actually considered to be one of the best placements for Venus -- Pisces is where Venus is said to be exalted, meaning in a sign which it does not rule but in which it nevertheless feels very comfortable because its nature is similar to that of the ruling planet. Venus in Scorpio is actually a difficult placement because Venus is in its detriment there, a sign opposite from the one which it rules. Venus doesn't have nearly the same kind of intensity Pluto does. One of the things which makes Venus in Pisces difficult for you is the fact that you have so many critical planets in either Air or Fire (including your Uranus which squares it) -- another thing is the fact that it's at a very different degree from a lot of these other planets, which makes it very difficult if not impossible for one planet to aspect that plus one or more of your other planets as well.

I also have Uranus on the 5th house cusps which doesn't help I know and nothing in my 7th house.

Well, what you have is Uranus in the fourth house (which is ruled by Pluto, suggesting that you actually might like your private life to be a little intense) close to the beginning of the 5th house. Uranus in your chart is close to the fifth house cusp, yes -- but your fifth house ruler is in fact Jupiter, because your fifth house cusp is in Sagittarius. As I believe I've pointed out before, what really doesn't help is the fact that you have Saturn and Uranus in conjunction in the fourth house -- so on some level, you're looking for someone who's both conventional and unconventional!

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

What if the person was Uranian? Wouldn't that basically be the same thing? Since Aquarius is ruled by Uranus? I do get along with Aquarians though my childhood friend she's an Aquarius and we get along.

It depends on what you mean by "Uranian" -- a Uranian person is not necessarily someone with his Sun in Aquarius although that's the most obvious definition. It could also mean someone with Aquarius as his Ascendant which means that Uranus is his chart ruler, someone with Uranus conjunct his Ascendant (preferably in the first house, since Uranus in the twelfth is not an easy placement), and/or someone with his Moon and/or additional planets in Aquarius. Someone whose Uranus forms the apex of a yod or whose Uranus is a singleton by element or energy will also be powerfully affected by that planet and radiate a strong Uranian vibe as well.

That being said, unless you're talking about someone who's born close to the cusp between Aquarius and Pisces, their Sun and/or any other Aquarian plants will actually fall into your sixth house rather than your seventh -- your seventh house is definitely ruled by Aquarius but your Descendant is at the last degrees of the sign. The advantage to dating someone in the last days of Aquarius is that while he won't activate your Venus or your Moon, his Sun will fall into your seventh house and form a nice sextile with both your Ascendant and your Uranus (which could be fun) as well as with your Sun even though it's out of sign.

ChildOfVenus

Someone who's an earth sign but is in late degrees. So that's either a Capricorn which sign is in late degrees close to Aquarius or either a Virgo who's sign is in late degrees which is close to Libra. I have been attracted to Libras there was one who I really liked. I almost got involved with him but I decided not to. I've been friends with a Libra guy for thirteen years. I'm actually surprised because I didn't think Taurus and Libra were compatible. The Virgos I like their signs are in late degrees so I see what you mean. I think I prefer unconventional relationships I read about people who have Uranus on the 5th house cusps and I do relate to some of the things that were said. I just feel like if I didn't have Venus in Pisces I probably really wouldn't be emotional. I don't like it when I'm emotional it makes me feel weak there are some people who aren't emotional. I wish I was one of them but I understand there is nothing I can do about it. Having Saturn in my 4th house is a problem for me I don't like it at all.
Given how very complex your chart is -- particularly with your Sun at only 1 degree of Taurus -- I'd actually advise you to direct your focus away from people whose Sun is in Taurus or another Earth sign as prospective partners unless you're talking about someone born very close to the cusp (meaning that the Sun is in the very first degrees of the sign like yours is or in the very last degrees). Someone whose Sun is another Earth sign is likely to come into conflict with your Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and/or Saturn -- all of which are in Air or Fire signs within a range of 12 to 20 degrees. (Oh, and as if that wasn't enough...Chiron's there as well!)

One of the particular challenges in your chart is the degrees at which your planets are placed. Two of your significant planets (Sun and Venus) and your Ascendant are, as I said, at very late or early degrees while three of your other significant planets (Moon, Mars, and Saturn) are in the middle of the sign. As a result, much as I hate to point this out, it will probably be difficult for you to find someone who hits all the bases which means that you'll probably need to pick your battles. I would on the whole advise that you look for prospective partners whose Sun and/or other planets forms a favorable aspect with the Moon-Mars-Saturn corridor in your chart -- meaning someone who's NOT an Earth sign! -- because these three planets in particular are so critical to the pleasure level in a relationship. Unless you really think that "love is a battlefield" and enjoy relationships in which there's a lot of drama -- hey, some people do want that! -- it's a good idea to avoid people whose planets will form challenging aspects with one or more of these (and in your case, a negative aspect with one will probably mean a negative aspect with at least one of the others as well). In my observation and experience, you're better off picking someone whose planets form negative aspects with your Venus (and even your Sun) than with someone whose planets form negative aspects with your Moon or Mars or Saturn (especially the last two).

I don't mean to sound flip, and I know that this is not what you want to hear -- but like it or not, this is part of the hand you've been dealt and the only thing you can do is loo for some way to work with it to whatever extent you can. However, believe it or not, Pisces is actually considered to be one of the best placements for Venus -- Pisces is where Venus is said to be exalted, meaning in a sign which it does not rule but in which it nevertheless feels very comfortable because its nature is similar to that of the ruling planet. Venus in Scorpio is actually a difficult placement because Venus is in its detriment there, a sign opposite from the one which it rules. Venus doesn't have nearly the same kind of intensity Pluto does. One of the things which makes Venus in Pisces difficult for you is the fact that you have so many critical planets in either Air or Fire (including your Uranus) -- another thing is the fact that it's at a very different degree from a lot of these other planets, which makes it very difficult if not impossible for one planet to aspect them all.

Well, what you have is Uranus in the fourth house (which is ruled by Pluto, suggesting that you actually might like your private life to be a little intense) close to the beginning of the 5th house. Uranus in your chart is close to the fifth house cusp, yes -- but your fifth house ruler is in fact Jupiter, because your fifth house cusp is in Sagittarius. As I believe I've pointed out before, what really doesn't help is the fact that you have Saturn and Uranus in conjunction in the fourth house -- so on some level, you're looking for someone who's both conventional and unconventional!

Osamenor

Staff member

I wouldn't insist on a particular sun sign. People with Aquarian traits may often be Aquarius suns, but not always, and someone could have very Aquarian traits but no placements in Aquarius, due to other chart factors.

I have my DC in Cancer. More of the people I've dated, or even just had big crushes on, have been Cancers than any other sun sign. But my longest and most serious relationship was with someone who has no Cancer placements at all. He does have the nurturing and sensitive quality that Cancer tends to indicate, so in that way, he fits my seventh house. He has Taurus moon and Taurus rising, which can be similarly nurturing.

GeminiGrrl

Someone who's an earth sign but is in late degrees. So that's either a Capricorn which sign is in late degrees close to Aquarius or either a Virgo who's sign is in late degrees which is close to Libra. I have been attracted to Libras there was one who I really liked. I almost got involved with him but I decided not to. I've been friends with a Libra guy for thirteen years. I'm actually surprised because I didn't think Taurus and Libra were compatible.

In all honesty, a lot of people get a little too caught up with what signs are compatible. True, not all signs get along with each other equally well depending on what their element (Fire, Earth, Air, Water) or their energy (Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable) is -- but actually, compatibility is at least a bit more flexible than that. What's significantly more important than the signs are the interactions between different planets in terms of their degree of separation from each other. As an example, Gemini and Virgo don't usually get along in spite of both being ruled by Mercury and both being Mutable energy signs -- two planets at the same degrees of Gemini and Virgo will square each other. However, if you're talking about one planet in the very early degrees of Gemini and the other in the very late degrees of Virgo, that's a whole different story because this creates a sextile which is much more favorable. That being said, even then, some aspects are easier than others. A tight sextile between one person's Sun in Gemini and the other person's Sun (Moon, Mercury, whatever) in Leo is always going to be smoother than an equally tight one of the kind I mentioned before because the elements in the first case are compatible whereas they aren't in the second case (Air makes Fire come alive but tends to feel suffocated by Earth...or else creates a dust storm/sand storm).

As I said, if you're fairly certain that you want to date a fellow Earth sign, I strongly advise that you look for people whose Sun (and any other Earth planets) are either in the very early or late degrees of the sign so that you avoid as much conflict as possible with your Moon and Mars and Saturn. Here's how I anticipate it would be likely to play out:

Sun and/or other planets in very early Taurus -- conjunction with your Sun, trine with your Neptune, opposition with your Pluto (a bit tricky), possible out of sign trine with your Ascendant.

Sun and/or other planets in very late Taurus -- sextile with your Venus, potential inconjunct with your Saturn (that could be very difficult to deal with), inconjunct with your Neptune (which could also be very difficult), square with your Ascendant, possible inconjunct with your Neptune out of sign, possible inconjunct with Pluto out of sign, square your Ascendant. Not advisable -- too many challenging aspects

Sun and/or other planets in very early Virgo -- trine with your Sun, possible inconjunct with your Moon, inconjunct with your Venus out of sign, possible square with your Mars, possible trine with your Uranus out of sign, trine your Neptune, sextile your Pluto, possible conjunction with your Ascendant out of sign.

Sun and/or other planets in late Virgo -- square with your Sun out of sign, opposition with your Venus, square with your Uranus, possible square with Neptune out of sign. Not advisable -- way too many challenging aspects

Sun and/or other planets in early Capricorn -- trine with your Sun, square with your Venus out of sign, possible inconjunct with your Mars (rather difficult), potential square with your Jupiter, possible conjunction out of sign with your Uranus, conjunction with your Neptune, sextile your Pluto, possible trine with your Ascendant out of sign.

Sun and/or other planets in late Capricorn -- square with your Sun out of sign, sextile with your Venus, possible square with your Pluto out of sign (difficult), inconjunct with your Ascendant. Not really advisable

Take your pick...

I just feel like if I didn't have Venus in Pisces I probably really wouldn't be emotional. I don't like it when I'm emotional it makes me feel weak there are some people who aren't emotional. I wish I was one of them but I understand there is nothing I can do about it.

In all fairness, I don't think Venus in Pisces is entirely to blame for your sensitivity (although that almost certainly is part of it). I think the fact that four of your inner planets -- Saturn Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto -- were retrograde at the time of your birth is part of it also -- also your Moon square Pluto. When a person has one or more planets in retrograde motion in the natal chart, the energy of the planet(s) is turned inward rather than expressed outwardly. I'm quite emotional myself -- I have Neptune retrograde conjunct my Ascendant and Neptune is a singleton in my chart -- and although I'm often frustrated with my sensitivity as well, I believe that it's actually better to be emotional than not. There's a huge body of evidence in the psychological literature suggesting that an absence of emotion or the repression/suppression of emotion is not healthy for a human being. Everyone needs a pressure release from time to time. The repression/suppression of emotion may play a role in physical health problems such as ulcers, heart disease, high blood pressure, and even some forms of cancer -- and it may also play a role in psychological dysfunction such as sexually compulsive behavior. Absence of emotion (or "flat affect") can be a sign of someone with schizophrenia or some other kind of psychotic disturbance -- and at its worst, it can produce the sort of lack of empathy associated with people suffering from Antisocial and/or Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Having Saturn in my 4th house is a problem for me I don't like it at all.

If it's any consolation, Saturn is a planet which is not easy to like. Saturn is about commitment and responsibility but it's also about hard truths -- difficulty, fear, inhibition, limitation, and sacrifice (not words which a lot of people like to think about). The plain and simple truth is that we don't have to like him (although we do need to respect him). In fact, I'm not certain we're even supposed to like him -- he holds us back in order to teach us lessons which encourage us to grow, and growth is often painful. Personally, even though Saturn is said to be exalted in Libra -- which I don't understand myself -- I think the only really good Saturn placements are Virgo and Capricorn, especially if they're in the tenth house (although Saturn in the eighth is thought to have the advantage of granting long life). I have Saturn in the fifth, which is a difficult placement. You and I both also have a hard Saturn -- Saturn is said to be in detriment (the opposite sign from the one it rules) in Cancer, and my Saturn in Aries is said to be in its fall (the opposite sign from its exaltation).

Last edited: