Moon square Neptune

Claire19

Would this indicate a stressful relationship with the natives mother by not seeing her clearly? Or would this indicate the native feels the mother can't see them clearly?

I have this and I feel like my mom has no clue who I really am... Even though I have Venus conjunct -1 degree from my IC which shows I love my family and am active in family events I feel like she has no idea who I really am.
Although we need the whole chart with your other Moon aspects etc.
I agree that Moon square Neptune makes for unclear perceptions and not really connecting emotionally. SOmetimes the mother is addicted in some way and rather vague. But the square is more an inner thing and it is how you perceive your mother and the conflicts caused are your projection often...

Claire19

Well I do have my Moon in CAPRICORN so I tend to hide my emotions regardless. Me and my Mother get along super well but then again My Sun trines her Sun (Sun in Virgo). When we do argue or fight it is very bitter, lets just say our Moons do not like each other and trying to live with her can be torment (She has Moon in Leo) lol She is a strong woman (Leo rising as well) and she is not the most nurturing mother but she is very loving and I never really felt emotionally neglected.

On another note I feel that Moon in Capricorn is SO misunderstood. It is not that we neglect our emotions, but we do not put it on display. We think before we feel because we do not want to react to things in a overlay emotional manner. We may dislike all of thae dramatic tear jerking stuff but we are very sensitive. We are very sensual and can actually very nurturing. We like to have control over our emotions and the reason behind that is we are afraid of being hurt! :sad:
Moon in Capricorn can be repressed emotionally but also very loyal and steadfast with a sense of practicality and reality. Can be depended on and often seen as very hardworking although critical and often rather no nonsense. ... But again the aspects elsewhere mitigate all that... I know several Moon in Cap people and they all manifest their emotions differently...

But if anyone is going to hide their emotions I would put money on 12th house, then 8th or moon in scorpio...... and venusintaurus has his cappi moon in 12th, not a great place...

serafin5

It could indicate this, but do you want to post your chart? Oftentimes, for example, Neptune squaring a personal planet like the moon (moods, emotions) can indicate substance abuse problems! Most people would happily settle for Mom not understanding them! Your mother is also shown by your MC or IC; and possibly by Venus. I would also look at the planet ruling the moon's house cusp if the sign on it is other than Libra.

I think feeling that your mother doesn't understand you is very common.

Waybread: I had no idea that Moon sq Neptune could indicate drug use; would that also be the case with the Moon opp Neptune??? Just a question for study. Thanks

Serafin5

lilithofeden

I tend to reduce the orbs on astro down to 85% to bring in line with more mainstream orbs. so the sextiles from uranus/neptune to mercury/pluto I would consider not valid. Therefore these two are considered afflicted....

Wherever your Neptune is, "is where you carry your cross and where you will be called upon to make a sacrifice!" True sacrifices are never usually recognised, or else they could turn into martyrdom!

Neptune in 5th House – succeedent house
Unconscious desire for love and appreciation through romance and creative expression. May have artistic talents. Especially to do with music, children, or the stock markets. Ability to play a role. Love of theatre. Very sympathetic. *intuition strong here. This house describes love affairs and children. Romance over‑idealise. love at first sight. Romance seen through *rose‑tinted glasses! Did you have gas and air or *anesthetic during childbirth?
Artistic/creative children, secretive children, depending on aspects. Private enterprise ‑ beware the dangling carrot, be very wary of.

The sign position of Uranus indicates our restlessness and what for us is individual, modern and thrilling. The house position of Uranus indicates where we desire free expression, seek to be different, and where things get turned upside down! Shocks, surprises, upheavals, freedom, independence. Uranus being a higher octave of mercury, like Neptune is a higher octave of venus. The house Uranus is in is where we seek to be different, want free expressions and where things get turned upside down.

Uranus in 5th House - succeedent house
· You could have sudden (stop/go) and unusual romantic *involvements.
· You will seek pleasurable and exciting pursuits, whether artistic, musically or creativity
· Could have gifted or unusual children. You will give them a lot of freedom and encourage them to be inventive. Children are original, independent and unusual.
· Self restraint and self-knowledge are needed as this person can be reckless and foolhardy.
· Unconventional where love affairs are concerned. Wants to feel free no matter what the cost – as in no strings
· Wants to work for himself rather than for others. (house of self employment)

back to moon neptune square, did any of you have any 'eating disorders' or problems?

Yes, I did have an eating disorder and am a bit sensative when it comes to food... only if I feel like I'm being pressed.

oh yes the idealized romance! And I have done a bit of all artistic things, I've been in school plays, choir, played in trumpet in band, been in art/drama, creative writing class, I've touched a bit of it all here and there and I have a soft spot for it although I don't consider myself an artist, more so just an admirer.

As for when I was in labor I had an epidural. My son's chart he has his moon in Gemini in the 12th house. He has aspects showing he may be creative but also secretive. Just as long as he stays out of trouble.... lol and the "beware of dangeling the carrot" Is that to warn me about other companies? Or doing it with my son?

lilithofeden

Although we need the whole chart with your other Moon aspects etc.
I agree that Moon square Neptune makes for unclear perceptions and not really connecting emotionally. SOmetimes the mother is addicted in some way and rather vague. But the square is more an inner thing and it is how you perceive your mother and the conflicts caused are your projection often...

Interesting! I have often thought that.. But I can't help feeling annoyed by her.. lol Maybe when I move (she now lives next door to me) I'll feel better. We did good when our relationship was long distance..

MTTY05

Would this indicate a stressful relationship with the natives mother by not seeing her clearly? Or would this indicate the native feels the mother can't see them clearly?

I have this and I feel like my mom has no clue who I really am... Even though I have Venus conjunct -1 degree from my IC which shows I love my family and am active in family events I feel like she has no idea who I really am.
Possibly. I have a loose Neptune square Moon aspect. My mom gave me up when I was 1 so she literally doesn't see me at all, nor do I see her. I usually saw this particular situation in other parts of my chart though.

Waybread: I had no idea that Moon sq Neptune could indicate drug use; would that also be the case with the Moon opp Neptune??? Just a question for study. Thanks

Serafin5

strange, I've never heard of this one, plus I have moon opp neptune and nothing like that would be connected to my mother. But ALL aspects have a positive and negative side to them. I would have thought Neptune in 12th house would indicate this more specificially though....

Yes, I did have an eating disorder and am a bit sensative when it comes to food... only if I feel like I'm being pressed.

As for when I was in labor I had an epidural. My son's chart he has his moon in Gemini in the 12th house. He has aspects showing he may be creative but also secretive. Just as long as he stays out of trouble.... lol and the "beware of dangeling the carrot" Is that to warn me about other companies? Or doing it with my son?

Private enterprise ‑ beware the dangling carrot, be very wary of.
how would private enterprise be connected to your son?

Possibly. I have a loose Neptune square Moon aspect. My mom gave me up when I was 1 so she literally doesn't see me at all, nor do I see her. I usually saw this particular situation in other parts of my chart though.

where is your neptune? do you want to post your chart...

VenusInTaurus

strange, I've never heard of this one, plus I have moon opp neptune and nothing like that would be connected to my mother. But ALL aspects have a positive and negative side to them. I would have thought Neptune in 12th house would indicate this more specificially though....

I have no addiction or emotional issues but I'm still pretty young (19) lol :whistling:

MTTY05

Attachments

• natal.jpg
    natal.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 31
My Neptune is in the 12th. Moon in Libra/9th.
I use Equal House system (where each cusp is same as Ascendant) and am a modern astrologer. Lots of newcomers come into Astrology/forums and get a free chart from www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few others if you wish to experiment…..

Within the mainstream here on AW of placidus/equal houses (the default on astro is placidus) only difference being some planets may move from one house to another thereby altering it's interpretation and it's 'only' with research will you find which /planets 'fit you' in which houses. So my advice, do two charts, research any planets that move houses and see which you identity with - simple

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAwGtMWl4z4

your neptune is well aspected and involvefd in a kite configuration and moon also has a sextile to saturn. These *other aspects* can often mitigate hard aspects. Remember they are only *facets* of our personality and we are all multifaceted human beings.....

Libra moon can be charming sociable and diplomatic, but they can have an argumentative side to and incredibly indecisive, something that capricorn neptune won't like to much...

Cancer/moon rules 7th and is posited conj 10th house cusp Equal (not MC just 10th house cusp) and is within 5' orb of a house cusp and therefore more effective in the next house along going anti clockwise....

Now Neptune is coming from 3rd house of communications pisces...

Ruler of the Third House in the Twelfth House
"You keep many of your thoughts to yourself and you are quite capable of keeping a secret, which is something other people can appreciate. It's natural for you to understand more abstract spiritual concepts that go beyond traditional orthodox boundaries.
You often speak from the subconscious mind without even realizing it and past life memories may filter through into your conscious mind. You can develop your intuition to a high degree. There could have been unclear circumstances surrounding a brother/sister or a near relative. Or, you may simply have a strong past life connection with them".
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr3

I would discount your venus square saturn at 9' approaching as too wide for me to be valid

your stellium would still remain in 8th but sun conj mars very tight orb will modify your sun's expressions to be quite assertive and wilful and wanting to control other on occasions no doubt..

Pluto conj MC age 1 is the disappearing parent, or it could be a death of even. Age 8 did you have any mysterious illnesses? or hard to define, or anyone die then? Age 9 did you move to a bigger house?

lastly, saturn would be firmly in 12th house in Equal..having chart ruler in 12th says you need time alone to commune and have quite a private streak?

saturn in 12th house can show a father either absent, missing or simply effectual in setting boundaries structures and alike in early childhood. psychological or physical absence of a father (or authority figure) who worked, or who provided a model for you in terms of discipline, organisation, and coping with the realities of everyday living, you were not encouraged to develop your ambition or your competitive spirit, or to believe in your potential for success. This can add listlessness and not finding ones direction

Saturn in 12th house
Serve or suffer are the keynotes here and the individual can choose which way he will take: but choose he must. Always a subconscious wish to retreat.
Craving for solitude. Great sensitivity. A deep seated selfishness has to be dissolved through suffering. These people need a sense of inner purpose and make good behind the scenes organisers. They often suffer from an inexplicable fear of authority or concern about the future, and should find a way to develop self‑confidence.
Capable of bringing stability into other people’s lives, by helping and organising those less fortunate than yourself.
Don’t like to acknowledge figures of authority (including parental)

Saturn can indicate deep‑seated loneliness, fear or guilt, despair or negativity which may be difficult to confront. But it also shows the ability to apply yourself with determination and/or ­concen­tration to some SOLITARY TASK ‑ perhaps to your work, which helps you to bring order to the internal chaos.

the often hidden weakness that having saturn here can suggest with Saturn or Capricorn here, you hesitate to openly express and come to terms with your negative feelings, particularly fear, guilt, loneliness, and mistrust. Because you haven't dealt with the fear and self‑doubt, which inhibit you, you may deny your desire for professional accomplishment. This Saturnian influence can manifest as psychological rigidity and withholding, due to inability to let go of past patterns. You above all, need to come to terms with your repression.

Saturn's strength and positive side here provides inner strength and self‑discipline, a capacity to cope with loneliness and handle responsibility, and a ­willingness to work on your own with determination and ­perseverance.

This house is where you learn to 'become whole' you could reject or deny someone you love.

for further clues as to how the 12th operates. look to where the ruler is and how it's aspected...

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

serafin5

I have a question for Astrologer50:

You said that the Neptune in your chart indicates where you may have to 'sacrifice' something that may not be recognized so if one, such as myself, has her Neptune in the first house then in your opinion what would that indicate to you? I thought about it and thought about it and really couldnt come up with a plausible explanation for that, but I thought that was an interesting explanation for Neptune in the chart. Thank you.

Serafin5:joyful:

lilithofeden

You said that the Neptune in your chart indicates where you may have to 'sacrifice' something that may not be recognized so if one, such as myself, has her Neptune in the first house then in your opinion what would that indicate to you? I thought about it and thought about it and really couldnt come up with a plausible explanation for that, but I thought that was an interesting explanation for Neptune in the chart. Thank you.

It could mean you're very neptunian, creative, artistic, day dreaming... I know someone with neptune on the ASC like by 0 degree and he's very creative, he's a writer. He hasn't produced anything (he writes songs and poems) but he has participated in contests where his poems were published.

I have never heard of it being something you have sacrifice, being in your first perhaps it's your ego? Do you look at everyone as equal regardless of what they do, say, look like etc?

T'Thastu

I don’t know if this is the right way to delineate this square but here goes:
With the Moon in the 2nd house and Neptune in the 5th house (as per the chart you have attached) there would be a tendency to spend money quite recklessly at times and to get involved in dubious schemes. Do not speculate financially without expert advice.
Before investing in art or antiques have a trusted person evaluate them.
I don’t think that this square would indicate the mother per se but all women in general would be perceived as evasive and deceitful.
There also may be substance abuse either by you or many women you come across.
A well balanced sense of self/ego may be elusive because of a proclivity to please everyone (especially women) without/in spite of accessing what you want/need. (2nd house Moon in Libra).
There also may be times when you feel you are not needed or wanted and you may try and over compensate for that. (Neptune being the ruler of your 6th house).

ok, so neptune is where we make sacrifices yes? so do YOU make sacrifices for others without thinking? do you do too much for others and neglect yourself perhaps?? do you allow your sensitivity (being the shop window, angular, and therefore visible) to take over on occasions? do you perhaps regret that you are soooo sensitive when around others and wish it not to be so? do others take advantage of you or see you as a 'soft touch'??

Neptune in lst House – angular house
Should try to avoid alcohol and drugs. Often have an air of mystery about you. Indicates a sensitive ‑ intuitive awareness of yourself and your environment. Highly impressionable. Certainly artistic and a great appreciation of music. Dreamy innocent look ‑ drift off when talking! Dissatisfied with appearance in some way ie; manner, looks. Sometime appear to live in world of own. Idealist. Physical appearance probably something you don't care for. People may often say to you ‑ look at me when I'm talking to you! Can daydream with eyes wide open. Neptunian illnesses ‑ movements affected ‑ will walk funny ‑ at least with one foot. (twine‑toed as small child or when first walking ) Mysterious allergies on skin or where obvious, and suddenly disappear.

It could mean you're very neptunian, creative, artistic, day dreaming... I know someone with neptune on the ASC like by 0 degree and he's very creative, he's a writer[is mercury it linked to his neptune by any chance??]. He hasn't produced anything (he writes songs and poems) but he has participated in contests where his poems were published.

I have never heard of it being something you have sacrifice, [change then to 'do for others' whilst neglecting your own interests...]being in your first perhaps it's your ego? [similar, outward lens, expressions, the first things that others see]Do you look at everyone as equal regardless of what they do, say, look like etc?

hmmm good point, maybe they sometimes see themselves as inferior and 'do things' to gain approval maybe?

I have mine in 9th the house of in-laws. I always wanted a close loving family (as mine was quite dysfunctional really) and loved that both my husbands seemed to have this, BUT after we married they both pulled away from family to focus on me/or the relationship. Also the house of 'higher education' I regret I never got the same opportunites my two brothers were given, as it was considered (in those days) more important to educate males than females, as they would be 'breadwinners' whereas girls/females would marry and simply have children....:unsure:

I also have been (past tense) confused around religion, I attended strict methodish church as a child, married in Anglican church, my sons were brought up 'junior soldiers' in salvation army, I'm a member of a Christian Spiritualist church a, psychic, medium and lots others..... but won't go on and on, but you get the gist....

also for a further link, look which house pisces is ruling and use this site to make the links
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

Last edited:
I don’t know if this is the right way to delineate this square but here goes:
With the Moon in the 2nd house and Neptune in the 5th house (as per the chart you have attached) [WHOSE CHART?]there would be a tendency to spend money quite recklessly at times and to get involved in dubious schemes. Do not speculate financially without expert advice. [excellent]
Before investing in art or antiques have a trusted person evaluate them.
I don’t think that this square would indicate the mother per se but all women in general would be perceived as evasive and deceitful. [hmm that's a bit harsh? you must have had some bad experiences then?]
There also may be substance abuse either by you or many women you come across.[that seems bit extreme, something like neptune 7th could indicate this, but 5th is also lovers, children]
A well balanced sense of self/ego may be elusive because of a proclivity to please everyone (especially women) without/in spite of accessing what you want/need. (2nd house Moon in Libra).
There also may be times when you feel you are not needed or wanted and you may try and over compensate for that.[how did you overcompensate?] (Neptune being the ruler of your 6th house) [2nd house moon has emotional need to be nurtured and defensive over self worth issues and self esteem]

Excellent delination :love: mind you, 5th house is the house of 'gambling'
your chart did not attach?
How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

moon in libra you could take that one step further and say then that women, mother could be arguementative, indecisive, procrastinating (all libran traits) as well as people pleaser

Ruler of the Sixth House in the Fifth House
"Your work could involve children. You tend to have a lot of worry and concern about your own children. You want only the best for them.
You would rather have the work you do be very creative or at least it should be something you get a lot of personal pleasure from. Additionally, the work you do could have some kind of risk attached to it. If you have pets, you probably treat them like they were your children."
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr6

Neptune in 5th House – succeedent house
Unconscious desire for love and appreciation through romance and creative expression. May have artistic talents. Especially to do with music, children, or the stock markets. Ability to play a role. Love of theatre. Very sympathetic. ­intuition strong here. This house describes love affairs and children. Romance over‑idealise. love at first sight. Romance seen through ­rose‑tinted glasses! Did you have gas and air or ­anesthetic during childbirth?
Artistic/creative children, secretive children, depending on aspects. Private enterprise ‑ beware the dangling carrot, be very wary of.

OK WORKED IT OUT this member is responding to Lilithofeden.....

Last edited: