Combust Jupiter

AW041

Hi,

I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter always have bad marriages/bad husbands and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant, my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house, and have not been very lucky in marriage. I have also been told that my any next marriage will not be great.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi,
I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter
always have bad marriages/bad husbands
and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant
my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house
and have not been very lucky in marriage.
I have also been told that my any next marriage will be great.
Thoughts?
generalisation is fun but unreliable :smile:

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

AW041

Here you find attached my chart. Combust jupiter, deblidated moon and weak 12the house (so weak mind, not a great husband and almost no sex)...life *****

Attachments

• horoscope-chart5-700__radix_traditional_astroseek-4-12-1983_01-29.jpg
    horoscope-chart5-700__radix_traditional_astroseek-4-12-1983_01-29.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 44

JUPITERASC

Here you find attached my chart.
Combust jupiter, deblidated moon and weak 12the house
(so weak mind, not a great husband and almost no sex)...life *****
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383907#post383907
This is very intriguing subject isn't it? :)

Well, I must mention in the very beginning in explaining the methods here that they are of medieval astrology type (Bonatti, Abu Ali, Al Khayat and etc.).
To say that the method is 'Traiditional' is really using very wide range of time span in which different techniques for delineating marriage were used.
For example, the Hellenistic Astrologer's (Valens, Dorotheus and etc.) have used methods on their own, methods which I'll probably (not even later) not explain on this thread, but we can open another thread for that matter.
As this section of Traditional Astrology is quite new and in its beginnings, we now trow out the techniques here and there and title them as "Traditional". I hope that in the future we can make sub sections of traditional astrology, such as: "Medieval Astrology", "Hellenistic Astrology", Renaissance Astrology" and etc..

There are certain rules in Medieval Astrology compiled which can give quite good and workable methods for delineating marriage. The rules one can learn for a short period of time, but the practice is what is needed in order these rules to become second nature of the astrologer's intuitive tool in delineating such things as Marriage in the chart. This is what I would like to do on this thread: to practice as much charts as I/we will have the time to do it.

The Technique

The Compound Almuten is what is very practical thing in almost all methods used in medieval delineation. It seems that Bonatti and other medievals were very fond on Compound Almutens.
I will first give delineation for male charts, and in some later post will explain the delineation for female charts.

Finding the Compound Almuten for Marriage:

Find the Rulers of all 5 dignities for these places:

1. 7th house cusp

2. Lord of the 7th house

3. Planets in 7th house (if any)

4. Moon

5. Venus

6. Part of Marriage (According to Hermes) (ASC + VE - SA) for Men.

The Planet which gets most points over these places is Almuten of Marriage.
But consider also if there are impediments to these places.
If there is affliction to 7th house (by some Malefic's square or opposition), to the Moon (aspect, combust, cadent, retrograde and etc.)

See if one of the individiaul Almutens over these places is joined to the Lord of the Ascendant or its Almuten or the Lord of the 7th or its Almuten.
If they are in trine or sextile, and if especially in reception, then the native will rejoice in living beautiful life with his wife according to his desire.

But if the aspects were without reception, or if the aspects were square or opposition, then the significations will be judged lower.

Bonatti:
Quote:
But if the lord of the Ascendant were joined to the lord of the 7''', so that the former were lighter than the latter, it signifies that the native will want to copulate with women. If indeed the 7'h sign were Cancer or Scorpio or
Pisces or there were a conjunction of the lord of the 7
th or its Almuten with the lord of the first or its Almuten in these (signs) or from these (signs) or with one of them, it signifies that the native will have many wives or a great number of other women. If however you find the contrary, you are able to judge otherwise."

aquarius7000

Hi,

I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter always have bad marriages/bad husbands and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant, my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house, and have not been very lucky in marriage. I have also been told that my any next marriage will not be great.
Thoughts?
Hi

Per my experience, this would not matter much in natal charts. Also, one should always see the entire chart to determine such important matters as marriage or job or health...

muchacho

Hi,

Thoughts?
Combustion can mean different things in different charts. In horary, it can mean things being hidden. In natal, it can mean adding a more selfish/egotistical note to whatever the combust planet represents. And theoretically, if your Ju would be in good zodiacal condition, combustion wouldn't matter that much. The worst case here would be that the matters Ju represents are somehow dominated by the matters Su represents. And even if your Ju would be in bad condition, there are always other mitigating factors, like a strong dispositor, especially if angular.

And keep in mind that there are different ways to read a natal chart. One way is working with accidental significators, another way is working with natural significators. So in order to get a more comprehensive picture of your natal promise in terms of marriage, you should take Ve into account as well. And then there's also the part of marriage, as JA mentioned. So don't focus on one single factor only but also don't spread yourself too thin. I wouldn't recommend working with almuten though. That's going to create total confusion.

I'm looking at the sidereal chart here (calculating it mentally), and there your L7 has no dignity and additionally is USB and cadent and also out of sect. That's 4 out of 5 possible negatives in terms of zodiacal condition (for aspects and reception I need the actual sidereal chart). So that means your Ju can't act naturally (no dignity) or freely (USB), will feel uncomfortable (out of sect) and can only realize the bare minimum of the matters it is in charge of (cadent). IOW, the areas of life your Ju rules will be areas of major frustration and setbacks (unless you get proactive).

AW041

Combustion can mean different things in different charts. In horary, it can mean things being hidden. In natal, it can mean adding a more selfish/egotistical note to whatever the combust planet represents. And theoretically, if your Ju would be in good zodiacal condition, combustion wouldn't matter that much. The worst case here would be that the matters Ju represents are somehow dominated by the matters Su represents. And even if your Ju would be in bad condition, there are always other mitigating factors, like a strong dispositor, especially if angular.

And keep in mind that there are different ways to read a natal chart. One way is working with accidental significators, another way is working with natural significators. So in order to get a more comprehensive picture of your natal promise in terms of marriage, you should take Ve into account as well. And then there's also the part of marriage, as JA mentioned. So don't focus on one single factor only but also don't spread yourself too thin. I wouldn't recommend working with almuten though. That's going to create total confusion.

I'm looking at the sidereal chart here (calculating it mentally), and there your L7 has no dignity and additionally is USB and cadent and also out of sect. That's 4 out of 5 possible negatives in terms of zodiacal condition (for aspects and reception I need the actual sidereal chart). So that means your Ju can't act naturally (no dignity) or freely (USB), will feel uncomfortable (out of sect) and can only realize the bare minimum of the matters it is in charge of (cadent). IOW, the areas of life your Ju rules will be areas of major frustration and setbacks (unless you get proactive).

Thank you very much!
A quick question, do you see another marriage for me? and I have been told becasue of poor Jupiter my any other marriage will be not great..how true do you think that will be?

Keki

Hi,

Thoughts?

I have sun jupiter neptune conjunction in Sagittarius (tropical) all within 6 deg, aquarius rising. The sun and Jupiter are 2.5 deg orb. I will be turning 37 soon, still single, never in a relationship before. However, I also got Venus Saturn conjunction (0.2 deg orb). Not sure if Saturn is delaying my relationship / marriage. Sun is my 7th lord in tropical.

In sidereal, my jupiter is in last deg of Scorpio (gundanta) in 11th house while sun is 1st deg in Sag. Though they are in different houses, I guess it is still combust. I don’t know if combust jupiter will cause bad marriages, but for me it seems like no marriage. However, my jupiter seems to be very weak in sidereal.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Your Jupiter isn’t combust.
It’s in its own sign.
A planet in its own dignities cannot be combust by the Sun.

JUPITERASC

Your Jupiter isn’t combust.
It’s in its own sign.
A planet in its own dignities cannot be combust by the Sun.
An ancient Hellenistic astrological concept :smile:
i.e.
"....A planet in its own domicile, exaltation or confine
(possibly trigon as well)
is said to be in it's own chariot
Robert Schmidt who died December 2018 emphasizes
"...covered chariot.." http://www.projecthindsight.com/
such that it is not blinded by the beams.
It is still acting, but in a hidden capacity.
When a planet is in aversion
the other may take over (domicile or exaltation).
https://www.astrology-x-files.com/hellenistic/combustion-vs-chariot.html

waybread

There is a traditional viewpoint that planets combust in the sign of their domicile ("in their chariots") do not face the problems that they would face in other signs. Presumably being in the sign they rule gives them added strength. Then Mars, being the hottest, driest planet, is not so harmed by the sun's rays.

Your Jupiter in Sagittarius is in this happy condition of being domiciled.

It is marginal, anyway, as being combust. After 7 degrees 30' from the sun, a planet would be "under the beams" up to 15 degrees out. This is a minor accidental debility.

The third house is cadent but it isn't one of the rotten houses of traditional astrology: the 6th, the 8th, or the 9th. Many traditional astrologers use whole signs houses, which would move your Sagittarius planets into the more favorable 4th house.

I don't know who told you you would have "bad" marriages, but this kind of Doom and Gloom reading seems super unhelpful. Jupiter rules your 7th house of marriage, and Pisces is one of the dual signs, so I suppose this astrologer was thinking that your Jupiter was going to be the cause of marital problems.

On a positive note, your part of fortune is in the first house, and Venus is domiciled in Libra.

Have you tried marriage counseling?

watcherofthesouth

My Jupiter is in the 4th house/Cap at 29 degrees and I had a good marriage that lasted about 14 years. On the whole, though, I have not been lucky in love and I would say that my long term relationships were very Capricorn themed. Frugal, somewhat cold and not very supportive.

JUPITERASC

There is a traditional viewpoint that planets combust in the sign of their domicile ("in their chariots") do not face the problems that they would face in other signs. Presumably being in the sign they rule gives them added strength. Then Mars, being the hottest, driest planet, is not so harmed by the sun's rays.
An ancient Hellenistic astrological concept :smile:
i.e.
"....A planet in its own domicile, exaltation or confine
(possibly trigon as well)
is said to be in it's own chariot
Robert Schmidt who died December 2018 emphasizes
"...covered chariot.." http://www.projecthindsight.com/
such that it is not blinded by the beams.
It is still acting, but in a hidden capacity.
When a planet is in aversion
the other may take over (domicile or exaltation).
https://www.astrology-x-files.com/hellenistic/combustion-vs-chariot.html
Your Jupiter in Sagittarius is in this happy condition of being domiciled.

It is marginal, anyway, as being combust. After 7 degrees 30' from the sun, a planet would be "under the beams" up to 15 degrees out. This is a minor accidental debility.

The third house is cadent but it isn't one of the rotten houses of traditional astrology: the 6th, the 8th, or the 9th. Many traditional astrologers use whole signs houses, which would move your Sagittarius planets into the more favorable 4th house.

I don't know who told you you would have "bad" marriages, but this kind of Doom and Gloom reading seems super unhelpful. Jupiter rules your 7th house of marriage, and Pisces is one of the dual signs, so I suppose this astrologer was thinking that your Jupiter was going to be the cause of marital problems.

On a positive note, your part of fortune is in the first house, and Venus is domiciled in Libra.

Have you tried marriage counseling?
My Jupiter is in the 4th house/Cap at 29 degrees and I had a good marriage that lasted about 14 years. On the whole, though, I have not been lucky in love and I would say that my long term relationships were very Capricorn themed. Frugal, somewhat cold and not very supportive.