Relationships - switching rolles

lejla

Hi everyone,
I've noticed a pattern in my love relationships and I’d like to know if anybody has similar experience and how do you explain it. I’ve been through few long relationships so far (7 years, 4 years, 2 years, 2 years) and it seems that I’m switching roles in my intimate relationships in a sense that I get the role of my ex in a new relationship – I get to know how the previous person was feeling with me in past relationship through the new person in my life. I sort of thought that this is how relationships function. But I’m not sure any more. And I’d like to break the pattern if anyhow possible :smile:
Is there astrological explanation for that? Or you have another idea?

I don't like posting my chart all over the forum, it's here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52804

Thanks!
L

retinoid

Perhaps since the ruler is MARS in LIBRA, you aren't sure what you want or how to act and yet it is right next to Pluto supercharging it :) Furthermore it says you probably attract eccentric mates to begin with or have eccentric relationships.

lejla

Perhaps since the ruler is MARS in LIBRA, you aren't sure what you want or how to act and yet it is right next to Pluto supercharging it :) Furthermore it says you probably attract eccentric mates to begin with or have eccentric relationships.

Hi retinoid!

That's interesting. Do I understand right that you see Mars as ruler of my chart? How come? Could you explain please?

I never thought about myself not knowing what I want or how to act. Quite opposite. I usually know exactly what I want. And I usually see that I get it. (Sometimes in a Mars conjunct Pluto kind of way also, you're right; but mostly in Moon in Libra kind of way - I'll charm you into doing what I want or sweet-talk myself out in case of trouble, rather than engaging in anything forceful or aggressive.)
But, it happens sometimes that at the end of my "conquest" I discover that what I got I didn't really want so much :) That I was actually just curious. The proverbial curiosity that killed the cat... So you might be right, that could be seen as if I wouldn't know what I want.
About "eccentric" I don't know. I really don't understand what "eccentric" means.

Thanks!

gen6k

i know what you mean its like i learned a certain ideology (pisces) and at the time i thought some of it was weak or impractical but now i try to convey the openness of pisces to other people.

there are a lot of possibilities in relationships and it must be an unconscious drive towards understanding. kind of like siddharta of relationships.

anyways if you want to try something challenging go for a sun square moon where there is passage mutal reception and maturity involved.

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/212936.html

" This takes the form of a journey of joint exploration where old rules are constantly being questioned and outdated values broken, destroyed and re-shaped into new images. The relationship is characterized by a feeling of freedom, tinged with a strange combination of fear and anticipation of the unknown territory into which they venture together. "

or you can try looking for a conjunt moon and north node for example and theres a higher possiblity that you wont feel expropriated for your setting.

Last edited:

lejla

Great tips gen6k! Thanks!

I like your Siddhartha thought. It fits good. But is it in the cart? Where?

Sun/Moon aspects in composite/synastry gave me to think. I can't check them all any more. The ones I can are trines. And since all those relationships were quite smooth while they lasted I'd rather guess that there were no Sun/Moon sqares.
But! "My" natal semi-sqare could play a role. What do you think?

I didn't spot any node - Moon conjunctions either. But I also don't feel "expropriated for my setting". Not sure that I understand what you mean, but I'm sure that I didn't/don't feel expropriated.

p.s. (digression concerning another thread)
i know what you mean its like i learned a certain ideology (pisces) and at the time i thought some of it was weak or impractical but now i try to convey the openness of pisces to other people.
OK, now I get it. I was wondering how you managed to overlook ca. 45 000 years of human artistic creativity and at least ca. 4 000 years of continuous human civilization so "mental illness" and "primordial soup" both "without aestheticization" ended up being "real art". Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree completely. Just very strongly :innocent:

gen6k

well the inner changability could come from uranus in the 7th square saturn in the 5th, the repititon-and-difference.

now the north node is in the 7th so you do have a general relationship track that is an element of the turning points,

then when chiron is opposite uranus and kinda the north node it becomes more psychologically ingrained.

anyways i think that eventually you will find the right partner since uranus is there with the north node in the 7th its not that hard to find a partner such as saturn in the 7th but to find the correct type of partner would be to eventually overcome the uranus square saturn from 7th to 5th then the track changability will take a more deliberate course.

lejla

now the north node is in the 7th so you do have a general relationship track that is an element of the turning points,

then when chiron is opposite uranus and kinda the north node it becomes more psychologically ingrained.

gen6k, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. Could you explain please?

overcome the uranus square saturn from 7th to 5th

Now that's what I'd love to do so much! :) Any ideas how? Any texts to read?

Thanks gen6k!
L

lilithofeden

This doesn't have much to do with astrology since I'm not sure how to answer your question using it, but I do know that relationships are mirrors of ourself. What we project into the world we get back... our interactions with people teach us a lot about ourself whether we want to see it or not. Realize what patterns you see and think about how it relates to your SELF. Do you deny that part of yourself? Do you judge it? Try to think about how that plays a role in your character or being and try coming to terms with it within your own self.

It's hard to grasp your head around the whole idea.. I know. I judged someone for something and I always found her giving me a hard time for being the opposite. Once I really tried to come to terms that I am in fact judging her for not being what I thought was ideal, she stopped giving me a hard time and actually AGREED with me!! The very next morning!! It was so weird.