Will I get the job?

LaVidaLoca

Hi all,

I really would like to have your opinions about this horary chart I cast before applying for a job, asking whether or not I will get it.
Brief background.... Honestly, I do not satisfy all the position requirements completely. However, I chose to try because I have a good c.v., reliable references and other positive traits. The position regards an academic job in another country--I suppose they will be receiving several applications. If I am successful, I will be shortlisted for an interview next month.

The chart is radical (ruler of the hour is Mars). Both me (Scorpio, so Mars) and the job (Leo/tenth house) are very strong, since we are in a position of exaltation. I am in the third house (writing, teaching, etc.), which is six houses from the tenth (this shows they are judging me as a potential employee). The Sun as the job stays in my fifth house (creative activity) and the Moon in the tenth house. Does the Moon show that I really want the job or something else? I find it strange that a past square links Mars/me and the Sun/job. This has been the very first time I have applied and I cannot explain why the chart gives a past square. I do not like the conjunction that will occur between Mars and Saturn, neither the square aspect between Saturn and Mars. I think that I should also take Jupiter as my co-significator. It is going to square the Moon which, however, is about to form a nice trine with Venus.

Perhaps, I wrote too much. Yet, I cannot reach a conclusion in this analysis. Could some experts tell me what they think?
I will obviously update once I know the results.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Will I get the job.jpg
    Will I get the job.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 41

Sunrise

Hi all,

I really would like to have your opinions about this horary chart I cast before applying for a job, asking whether or not I will get it.
Brief background.... Honestly, I do not satisfy all the position requirements completely. However, I chose to try because I have a good c.v., reliable references and other positive traits. The position regards an academic job in another country--I suppose they will be receiving several applications. If I am successful, I will be shortlisted for an interview next month.

The chart is radical (ruler of the hour is Mars). Both me (Scorpio, so Mars) and the job (Leo/tenth house) are very strong, since we are in a position of exaltation. I am in the third house (writing, teaching, etc.), which is six houses from the tenth (this shows they are judging me as a potential employee). The Sun as the job stays in my fifth house (creative activity) and the Moon in the tenth house. Does the Moon show that I really want the job or something else? I find it strange that a past square links Mars/me and the Sun/job. This has been the very first time I have applied and I cannot explain why the chart gives a past square. I do not like the conjunction that will occur between Mars and Saturn, neither the square aspect between Saturn and Mars. I think that I should also take Jupiter as my co-significator. It is going to square the Moon which, however, is about to form a nice trine with Venus.

Perhaps, I wrote too much. Yet, I cannot reach a conclusion in this analysis. Could some experts tell me what they think?
I will obviously update once I know the results.

Thanks!
Re: Will I get the job?
although the chart does not look good, it has no good analysis at all, and it makes it hard for me to see exactly the degrees, but if I'm not wrong, you will not get the job somebody else gets it.

LaVidaLoca

Thanks, Sunrise!
Could you tell me why do you think I will not get the job, astrologically speaking? (More than one position is available for this job, however).

Sunrise

Thanks, Sunrise!
Could you tell me why do you think I will not get the job, astrologically speaking? (More than one position is available for this job, however).

Dear, First, i migth be wrong wait others opinion.
about my answer: before Mars (you) gets the Sun (job), first Sun will meet Saturn...
Let us Know please

LaVidaLoca

Dear, First, i migth be wrong wait others opinion.
about my answer: before Mars (you) gets the Sun (job), first Sun will meet Saturn...

Thanks for explaining your reading!
Actually, the Sun has already reached Mars by square, because it's a past aspect (1 degree). And I was puzzled by that past square between me and the job. Are there other points in the chart that can be helpful?

IleneK

Premium Member
It does not look favorable to me. First, the job/Sun separates from you/Mars and aproached Mercury and ultimately your competition, Venus. And while you/Mars like the job/Sun greatly by favorable reception, the Sun does not reciprocate at all by reception towards you/Mars.
Your upload to too blurry to be read the degree positions of the planets, including Moon, to say much more.

LaVidaLoca

It does not look favorable to me. First, the job/Sun separates from you/Mars and aproached Mercury and ultimately your competition, Venus. And while you/Mars like the job/Sun greatly by favorable reception, the Sun does not reciprocate at all by reception towards you/Mars.
Your upload to too blurry to be read the degree positions of the planets, including Moon, to say much more.

Yeah, also the trine between Sun and Mercury is a past aspect, though. I'm sorry, my fault... Here is a better image of the chart and degrees may be clearer. Reception of the Sun towards my co-significator/Moon is good, right? And the Moon is going to trine Venus (7 degrees). So do you see Venus as competition because Taurus stays on the cusp of the 7th house? Also consider that I need to provide referees, which means that other people are involved in the selection process.
I still cannot understand the past square. I mean, I cast the chart before applying for the job (I was just thinking about doing it). How can a past aspect relate the job to me?

Attachments

• Will I get the job.jpg
    Will I get the job.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35

IleneK

Premium Member
I don't see anything to understand in a past square, since your question is about the future. That is, "will I" instead of "did I."

Venus is your competitor because it is the ruler of your opposition, the 7th house.

I don't know what trine from Sun to Merc you are referring to as it looked like Sun in Aries applies to meet Merc by conjunction and then on to Venus. Perhaps I did not see the chart clearly?

Moon, as signifying you, has also separated from the job/Sun, so that too does not point to a future job. Reception from Sun to Moon would seem insufficient without an aspect between them, and Moon does not care for the sign that sun is in.

Yeah, also the trine between Sun and Mercury is a past aspect, though. I'm sorry, my fault... Here is a u better image of the chart and degrees may be clearer. Reception of the Sun towards my co-significator/Moon is good, right? And the Moon is going to trine Venus (7 degrees). So do you see Venus as competition because Taurus stays on the cusp of the 7th house? Also consider that I need to provide referees, which means that other people are involved in the selection process.
I still cannot understand the past square. I mean, I cast the chart before applying for the job (I was just thinking about doing it). How can a past aspect relate the job to me?

Last edited:

LaVidaLoca

I don't know what trine from Sun to Merc you are referring to as it looked like Sun in Aries applies to meet Merc by conjunction and then on to Venus. Perhaps I did not see the chart clearly? .

No, I just wrote the wrong thing :pinched:

Thank you so much for helping me read the chart. I will update as soon as I get news. In the meantime, I look for other positions (it's time that I start being paid :) )

LaVidaLoca

Hi! I would like to update.

I recently got news regarding this application. The outcome was not positive though.
Let's try to apply for new posts :wink: After all, Jupiter is moving through my tenth house, and I would really like to benefit from this transit.

Thank you so much again for your comments!

Sunrise

Hi! I would like to update.

I recently got news regarding this application. The outcome was not positive though.
Let's try to apply for new posts :wink: After all, Jupiter is moving through my tenth house, and I would really like to benefit from this transit.

Thank you so much again for your comments!

thank you dear for your update

After all, Jupiter is moving through my tenth house, and I would really like to benefit from this transit.
hope the best and good luck