North Node Return

ForestFairy

Thank you..i didn't find these so thank you 😄
Even though it's good explanation (I don't mean to pick on the article ☺ just like to learn about it), it's quite vague to me..

And i notice that in my own chart..
As my south node (in 4° capricorn) is exactly conjunct MC and Venus and Ceres☺.

And conjunct (at 6° and 8° capricorn) Moon and Mercury. And even more aspects.
I guess i wouldn't be able to distinguish the impact of nodes and the several planets.

E.g. uranus also trines my MC/SN/Venus right now..

astro-charts.com/chart/a89923dab

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I cut the author slack because what she says about a nodal return that everyone will experience if they live to those ages would be necessarily general, and she is also writing on a topic that is rarely spoken about. Her observable astrological acumen makes me take the originality of her material seriously. She also has a 12th Sun-Jupiter conjunction so perhaps your also picking up on that energy signature in her writings.

Contrary to what she stated about the first nodal return, mine had more focus on the north node, despite a natural affinity for the south node (ruler of SN conj. ascendant)

ForestFairy

In The Astrology Podcast
Latest q&a it's one of the questions :)

They say if you've a very nodal chart it is important...
(well, I do have very nodal chart)

ForestFairy

I cut the author slack because what she says about a nodal return that everyone will experience if they live to those ages would be necessarily general, and she is also writing on a topic that is rarely spoken about. Her observable astrological acumen makes me take the originality of her material seriously. She also has a 12th Sun-Jupiter conjunction so perhaps your also picking up on that energy signature in her writings.

Contrary to what she stated about the first nodal return, mine had more focus on the north node, despite a natural affinity for the south node (ruler of SN conj. ascendant)
Ah interesting when the ruler of one of the nodes is conjuct Asc.

I ve a capricorn stellum that could have made it feel different reading 12h sun / jupiter yes

conspiracy theorist

Life is even more interesting when the ruler of the NN is also conjunct the ascendant.

Despite the vagueness, curious to know if you identify with experiencing any of the issues she raises for the second return. You speak of having a nodal chart, and with the south node conjunct the traditional planets of cognition and mind (Moon and Mercury) I'd imagine that you'd have even more of a predisposition to the psychological elements of the return. Any hits with your life so far?

R4VEN

Since delving into Evolutionary Astrology, I have become (even more) obsessed with the lunar nodes, as well I should since:
* the ruler of my south node (Pluto) is conjunct my Sun (and both Sun and Pluto square the nodes), and
* the ruler of my north node (Venus) is closely conjunct my natal Uranus.

Anyone with one or more natal planets squaring the nodal axis will have a powerful (often unconscious) drive to work on attaining the requirements described by the north node - both in sign and house. I suggest that these are the people who experience moon's node returns as definite times of change and/or challenge in their life. Someone who has no natal planets in aspect to the nodal axis would most likely not experience their nodal returns in any kind of memorable or defined way.

My own 2nd nodal return at 37 coincided with a diagnosis for depression, something which had plagued me for much of my 30s ... ie, since my 1st Saturn Return.

In my early 40s I taught in a community college. The majority of my students were women, and many of my classes were for women only. After doing that job for a few years I began to notice that some women would begin my courses at 29-30 - their Saturn Return. These women tended to be coming out of a crisis in their lives - like divorce/separation. The most common time, however, for women to begin a new direction in their lives by taking up study was at the age of 37! Most of these women - but not all - were mothers, and had waited for their children to be at school before they undertook study. All of them were looking to change their life direction, and to take charge of their own lives.

ForestFairy

Life is even more interesting when the ruler of the NN is also conjunct the ascendant.

Despite the vagueness, curious to know if you identify with experiencing any of the issues she raises for the second return. You speak of having a nodal chart, and with the south node conjunct the traditional planets of cognition and mind (Moon and Mercury) I'd imagine that you'd have even more of a predisposition to the psychological elements of the return. Any hits with your life so far?

☺i made a mistake, in my first reply i stated that my nodal return is next week, but it is halfway March this year.
But I would love to update. Remind me if I forget.
And I will need time to contemplate and describe and to be able to put it in words. So I'll come back to your question when I've more time.
But i recognise similarities with age 18,5.
Also
Staying in the land of the south node seems easy. But just doesn't work in my life anymore... So much easier to stay in the land of Venus/Moon/Mercury/Ceres and doing all I can.
But i feel i need to trust... (CancerNN) and choose privacy and boundaries to people.

"Spiritually, we often become lost, victim to false starts and stops. We feel vulnerable. No longer able to hide under a shell, and no compass to show us the way forward. We can see, off in some vague distance, the place we need to be, but it seems as though we have to walk over miles of thin, cracked ice to get there. The old doesn’t work anymore"
(Yes the old doesn't work, the new hasn't yet shown)

"This authenticity is what the second nodal return is all about. If we have complicated Nodes, planets on both the North and South Nodes, for example, we may be especially conflicted, and see saw back and forth between what is and what should be"
(Longing for the authenticity being in stead of adaptation to patterning)

"The North Node is so difficult to achieve precisely because we must get out of this way of defining Self."

"This nodal return in particular has a lot to do with ‘who am I in the world?’ And here is the rub–there shouldn’t be a conflict between who I am inside (IC) and who I am outside (MC). This is only one of the questions this nodal return tries to solve."

These theme's i recognise definetely.

blumoonfly

I would like some proof of events that are triggered when there is a nodal return.....anyone???

THey are extremely important in a natal chart and other transits by planets to them natally would be worthy of note...if there is a connection natally again.

My argument is that they are points in a chart and the transitting node of that period belongs only to the native born then.....I would like to be dissuaded of this opinion by anyone with legitimate experience of it.

Wherever there is a nodal return, there is an eclipse. Perhaps there is a connection with the prenatal eclipse more than the node itself. Perhaps it is only a sensitive area of my chart because that is also my sun moon ascendant.. and conjunct the fixed star algol within 2 degrees of my IC.?

I certainly remember the date of my nodal return and an extremely significant event. I met the "love of my life" a soul mate of some sort.. that even though it ended wrecking havoc mentally and emotionally.. 7 years later, neither of us have met another we desire the same.. honestly, we are still very much in love.. I am just now trying to figure this out.

As I looked back on the day we met, there was of course the opposing Jupiter , but also, there was a full lunar eclipse at 5 degrees 46 minutes of scorpio on 4/25/13.. that and venus happened to be transiting my south node which is at 16 degrees taurus.. The Asteroid Psyche was exactly conjunct my north node, "karma" on my juno which is his south node at his prenatal eclipse point. .and get this.. transiting juno conjunct conjunct his transiting name asteroid on my ascendant conjunct natal Valentine. He has my name asteroid tightly between natal Uranus and natal Venus.

Transiting north node was also conjunct his valentine..

Also transiting venus trined my natal venus exactly..

Perhaps out meeting was to help each other on our north node journey. I certainly wouldn't be obsessed with astrology as I am now. (Uranus conjunct north node in 9th house scorpio)

Just like any significant event, there is always more than one point of contact, maybe it had nothing to do with my nodal return? Perhaps the eclipse, or the asteroid conjunctions or just karma? Perhaps our significant meeting what to help us along our noth node goals.. Im still trying to figure out if there is more to learn from our relationship.. if we are supposed to be working towards being together or separating?

Irisiel

If we have complicated Nodes, planets on both the North and South Nodes, for example, we may be especially conflicted, and see saw back and forth between what is and what should be"
(Longing for the authenticity being in stead of adaptation to patterning)

"The North Node is so difficult to achieve precisely because we must get out of this way of defining Self."

"This nodal return in particular has a lot to do with ‘who am I in the world?’ And here is the rub–there shouldn’t be a conflict between who I am inside (IC) and who I am outside (MC). This is only one of the questions this nodal return tries to solve."

These theme's i recognise definetely.

Oh, man, I recognize them, too! Get this: I'm experiencing a Nodal return THIS MOMENT, and before I knew it, knew it was a thing, I already had a profound and restless sense of something about to happen, or being on a new path.

HOWEVER, what precisely is causing that sensation? Because: my NN is conjunct my MC AND conjunct my Part of Fortune. What happens to one happens to all 3.

I haven't been able to find precisely what's meant by those 2 axes' joined mean, or the fact that my Vertex is on my DC so THOSE 2 axes line up as well.

Meaning my Vertex is forever square to what's happening at the NN-MC-POF triple conjunction.

Anyway, whichever of these things is being activated, something is definitely happening. I already have vivid dreams and they're kicked up a notch. Over on AstroDienst's forum I started a thread asking about my 2nd "career" as a writer maybe taking off this year because I noticed that PROGRESSED Mars was on my NN-MC-POF right now.

Only after that did I happen to hear about a North Node return, and behold! I'm in my 56th year, and There. It. Is.

Last edited: