Gemini Sun / Pisces Ascendant

angelfire2006

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Astrology and wanna learn more about astrology and about myself. Can anyone help me to explain the combination between Sun sign and Ascendant. My Sun Sign is Gemini; Mars in Gemini; whereas, Ascendant is Pisces. I am wondering Pisces would fit in with Gemini? I am cautious about the implications of Pisces ascendant to my life and my choice of career.

Is there anyone having Sun in Gemini and Ascendant in Pisces too? I'd appreciate if they can share with me their experiences... Thanks very much in advance!

Probably, some details of my natal chart may help:

Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Gemini 19°40'17 04 direct
Moon Libra 03°07'37 07 direct
Mercury Cancer 05°09'25 05 retrograde
Venus Cancer 06°36'24 05 direct
Mars Gemini 03°52'39 03 direct
Jupiter Libra 00°44'04 07 direct
Saturn Libra 03°01'21 07 stationary (D)
Uranus Scorpio 27°11'54 09 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 23°35'28 10 retrograde
Pluto Libra 21°39'21 08 retrograde
True Node Leo 02°39'56 06 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Pisces 02°56'02
2nd House Aries 07°56'05
3rd House Taurus 10°16'06
Imum Coeli Gemini 08°36'58
5th House Cancer 04°52'53
6th House Leo 02°01'30
Descendant Virgo 02°56'02
8th House Libra 07°56'05
9th House Scorpio 10°16'06
Medium Coeli Sagittarius 08°36'58
11th House Capricorn 04°52'53
12th House Aquarius 02°01'30

Major aspects
Sun Opposition Neptune 3°55
Sun Trine Pluto 1°59
Moon Square Mercury 2°02
Moon Square Venus 3°29
Moon Trine Mars 0°45
Moon Conjunction Jupiter 2°24
Moon Conjunction Saturn 0°06
Moon Sextile Uranus 5°56
Moon Quincunx Ascendant 0°12
Mercury Conjunction Venus 1°27
Mercury Square Jupiter 4°25
Mercury Square Saturn 2°08
Mercury Trine Ascendant 2°13
Venus Square Jupiter 5°52
Venus Square Saturn 3°35
Venus Trine Ascendant 3°40
Mars Trine Jupiter 3°09
Mars Trine Saturn 0°51
Mars Square Ascendant 0°57
Jupiter Conjunction Saturn 2°17
Jupiter Sextile Uranus 3°32
Jupiter Quincunx Ascendant 2°12
Saturn Sextile Uranus 5°49
Saturn Quincunx Ascendant 0°05
Uranus Square Ascendant 5°44
Neptune Sextile Pluto 1°56

P.S. I dont know how to use the Chart Drawing facility. Here is my birth data:

Kite

Hi Angelfire. I think the combination between Gemini and Pisces could find some creative ways to resolve itself in career matters. With your Venus conjunt Mercury in Cancer in your 5th house of romance, I could see you being successful as a romance writer (Neptune in 10 and moon/saturn/jupiter conjunction in 7 Libra, Pluto in Libra in the 8th house).

Whatver you choose to do though will carry a spark of idealism from the Neptune in Sag in 10 opposing your Sun in 4. These planets and angles being in mutable signs should allow your to adapt to many different kinds of opportunities. You can get involved in lots of things and pick what interests you the most.

Kite

wilsontc

Staff member
Career

Angelfire,

In order to see career issues in a chart, look to Capricorn, Saturn, and 10th house in the chart. In your chart there is no Capricorn energy, but there is Neptune (spirituality, also confusion) focused in the 10th house (career), indicating their could be some confusion in your career. Also there is both a T-square and an Easy Opposition focused on Saturn (career), so career is very important to you. Saturn is focused in the 7th house (relationships, Saturn in house of its exaltation) indicating that a career that involved some form of a business partnership or working on teams could work very well for you.

Careering,

Tim

Arian Maverick

Here's the picture of your natal chart:

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. For future reference, ImageShack is the easiest way to host your pictures...if you already have the image saved on your computer, click on Browse and locate it and then copy and paste the generated code under Hotlinks for Forums (1) :wink:

angelfire2006

Thanks Tim and Kite,

You are right, I am interested in business and co-operating with people or co-operating people with one another. So far, I have been working as marketing agent or middle-man or organiser. Ya, I am quite romantic but I am not sure about writing novels though, as I have not thought of it yet :)

I am interested in knowing whether Pisces Ascendant give me more intuition and sensitivity over people's feeling? I can easily "sense" a stranger's feelings somehow and I am personally interested in psychology. But the problem is that I feel I don't have a strong self character, I am easily drawn to people of strong personalities.

Is there anyway to learn more about the influences of Pisces?
I read a book , Sun Sign by Linda Goodman, but the particular section on Pisces is not very clear.

I was so surprised when I found myself having Pisces elements. That may explain about my previous relationship with a Pisces man (both his Sun and his Ascendant in Pisces, with Sun conjunct Ascendant, and Venus conjunct Ascendant). Throughout the relationship, I could not understand why I was so attracted to this guy, because his life-style is so different from mine. I am outgoing and enjoy being with friends, basically a restless life-style. On the contrary, this Pisces guy enjoys staying home, a relaxing and retiring life-style... and this relationship last only 3 months with so much ups and downs. I was not happy all along, but I dunno why I was drawn to him and was influenced by him so much. Should the cause be my Ascendant in Pisces???

I wonder how much Pisces Ascendant may affect on my choice of potential partners. All I know is that I definitely get along well with other signs like Libra, Leo... not with Cancer or Pisces, due to the conflict of life-styles and they are too possessive for me...

Anyway, thanks very much indeed for any of clarifications.

wilsontc

Staff member
yourself and your relationship

Angelfire,

You asked:
I am interested in knowing whether Pisces Ascendant give me more intuition and sensitivity over people's feeling? I can easily "sense" a stranger's feelings somehow and I am personally interested in psychology. But the problem is that I feel I don't have a strong self character, I am easily drawn to people of strong personalities.

You are right that having Pisces (spirituality, also deception) modifying Ascendant (self) gives you a "spiritual" connection between yourself and others. Pisces energy is about "dissolving" the things it modifies, so, with Pisces affecting you directly, you are "dissolved" into those around you. This makes you VERY sensitive but also VERY vulnerable to deception (as you already know). The challenge is to USE your energy to develop your spiritual potential and to AVOID those who would deceive you. You will know these deceivers, since your Pisces energy will recognize them easily.

You also said:
Now I meet another person...What strikes me is the similarity in our thinking and hobbies/ interests. We enjoy talking and being with each other very much. We can share our thoughts...But the problem is that I am not so passionately attracted to him - our feelings towards each other is not strong, rather quite cool expressions...But the problem is that I dun feel special attraction. I don't understand why...Will this relationship work out as a love relationship? I am confused because I can see him giving the same level of attention to other girls too.

In this other person's chart he has a least aspected (strong energy) Saturn (duty, also structure) conjunct Venus (relationships) so he does not "connect in" to relationships. As a result he may work hard to structure as many relationships as possible, hoping that at least one of them will work out. It is important for him to be in a relationship since that is the only way he can "feel" his Saturn-Venus energy.

In your synastry (the chart of you two together) there he aspects your Sun (self-expression, also hobbies, dating) strongly...but there are no other strong connection to your personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars). As a result, you do not feel "personal" towards him. Since these personal interconnections are not there it is very unlikely you could have a "love relationship" with him or would WANT to have a love relationship with him.

You have a strong need to relate to others and have the ability to "feel" which relationship is right for you. Trust your feelings and wait for the right relationship to come along. In the meantime, keep on meeting people and enjoying their company!

Relating,

Tim

angelfire2006

Thanks Tim for your quick response, but it's rather short though :(

How come I feel so "click" with him at the moment, just like we are soul-mate. I wonder whether there is any fate or connection between us? What does our synastry and composite chart say? Is there anyway to work this out? I have a lot of friends to go out with, but it's not easy to share and communicate at a deeper level, which is the utmost importance to me for a deep and long-lasting relationship.

Yeah the personal feeling is not so strong at the moment, I guess we are kind of a "new" relationship too, about 1 month plus only. It's true that I have a strong need to relate to people, but I am not the clinging type, I do need a lot of space for myself - so I am quite happy to keep a distance so that I can be myself too (this can be because of my Gemini Sun).

He is not particularly caring and nurturing, but he does provides just enough care and attention (right time, right place). Some times I feel we are playing the ego game with each other too... Does the problem lie in the fact that I am more passionate and emotional than him ? His Saturn/Venus means he is not personally passionate in relationship? Can this be improved over time?

Hope to hear from you and others ! I'm grateful that you spend time studying my charts.

By the way, I love to learn to read about my synastry and composite charts too. If I learn on my own, is there any good site for a beginner? I have visited HoroscopeChat, it's very resourceful but a bit unsystematic, 'cos I don't know where to start from. Maybe books are more better? I will highly appreciate your recommendations.

Many thanks!
Angelfire

wilsontc

Staff member
Study your own chart first

Angelfire,

The best way I know to learn astrology is to learn your own birth chart first (since you know YOU better than anyone else! ;) ). I always suggest my own astrological website as a simple way to learn the basics of astrology in 6 steps:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

but there are many other books and websites. Find the ones that work for YOU and then learn the basics of astrology. After you understand the basics, synastries and composite charts are simply applying these basic astrological skills.

As to the relationship...give it time if it "feels right" and see what happens! A synastry does not indicate which relationships "will work", it only indicates some of the challenges the couples need to work out with each other.

Preaching the basics,

Tim

GeminiSagRising

As a Gemini, you're very quick qitted and smart, but also you have two sides... the Pisces rising also adds to this [deleted possibly offensive comment], but I'm sure it can make you very adaptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momma's Kumquat

I have gemini sun with pisces ascendant. I am very sensitive and sometimes find myself slipping into a personality that suits a situation, a trait which I try to curb as I feel people may assume I'm insincere which I can assure you, I'm not. I'm very gullible and demand honesty from myself and others because I feel deeply sadened by lies.