Help! strongly affected by lunar phases

Mand Maud

I had never felt the difference between the moon waxing and waning, until this year. I wasn't seeking to, or particularly thinking about it, but after the third or fourth time I'd had a couple of weeks of utterly "flop" energy, I realised it coincided with the waning moon.

Now, I have a fatigue condition anyway plus chronic pain plus some other stuff which, added up, slow me down quite a lot. I also have a lot on this year! and anyway, would rather live my life than take half of it as downtime. (I don't get enough active hours out of a week to hold down a job, as it is.)

My question is whether there's anything I can do to compensate for this. I can't simply schedule things for the other part of the month. We're talking about two weeks out of four without enough oomph to empty the dishwasher.

My "serious" study of astrology is only months old and it's been vastly interrupted by - guess what - lots to do!! I'm just beginning to get to grips with basic aspects, nowhere near grappling with transits or solar (or lunar) returns etc.

Also, and if this is too far off at a tangent then please ignore it, but my son who has had various emotional/anxiety problems, I think is worse around the full moon. I've only just thought this so will observe from now on, and it may be that the whole full moon "media image" is misleading me. But again, is there anything that would help?

He has Sun within 7degrees of Mercury in Cancer, 7th house
Moon in Aries, 3rd
Asc. Sagittarius

I'm Leo Sun in the 8th house, Gemini Moon in 6th, also Sag rising.
Since we're talking about the moon, I'll add that I have Mercury in Cancer (so they're mutually thingummy*) in the 8th, and for what it's worth my Jupiter is also Leo/8th, 6 degrees from the Sun.

Is this enough? Astrodienst tells me my Moon is opposite both the Ascendant and Neptune (Scorp, 11th) although the orb looks too wide to me.

I have no idea if this is the right place for this question. Please bear with me. Thank you!
mm

JUPITERASC

I had never felt the difference between the moon waxing and waning, until this year. I wasn't seeking to, or particularly thinking about it, but after the third or fourth time I'd had a couple of weeks of utterly "flop" energy, I realised it coincided with the waning moon.
Simply being aware the lunar cycle has a personal influence is a step towards finding ways towards balance. At times when your energy is low then do consider meditation as it has a balancing effect.
Now, I have a fatigue condition anyway plus chronic pain plus some other stuff which, added up, slow me down quite a lot. I also have a lot on this year! and anyway, would rather live my life than take half of it as downtime. (I don't get enough active hours out of a week to hold down a job, as it is.)

My question is whether there's anything I can do to compensate for this. I can't simply schedule things for the other part of the month. We're talking about two weeks out of four without enough oomph to empty the dishwasher.

My "serious" study of astrology is only months old and it's been vastly interrupted by - guess what - lots to do!! I'm just beginning to get to grips with basic aspects, nowhere near grappling with transits or solar (or lunar) returns etc.

Also, and if this is too far off at a tangent then please ignore it, but my son who has had various emotional/anxiety problems, I think is worse around the full moon. I've only just thought this so will observe from now on, and it may be that the whole full moon "media image" is misleading me. But again, is there anything that would help?

Moon in Aries, 3rd
Asc. Sagittarius

Since we're talking about the moon, I'll add that I have Mercury in Cancer (so they're mutually thingummy*) in the 8th, and for what it's worth my Jupiter is also Leo/8th, 6 degrees from the Sun.

Is this enough? Astrodienst tells me my Moon is opposite both the Ascendant and Neptune (Scorp, 11th) although the orb looks too wide to me.

I have no idea if this is the right place for this question. Please bear with me. Thank you!
mm
There's a thread on HOW TO ATTACH A NATAL CHART TO YOUR POST with instructions at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126 :smile:

Mand Maud

Thank you JUPITERASC :)

I already meditate, daily about 15 minutes. This question isn't like the "basic tips to save money" for people completely new to the practice, more like "Where can I find the cheapest xyz" when I'm already great at money management. - For money read energy in this analogy! (I have years of experience managing unpredictable energy levels.)

There's a thread on HOW TO ATTACH A NATAL CHART TO YOUR POST with instructions at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126 :smile:
I knew that! :rolleyes: Posted forgetting you'd want to see my chart!! And onward into a brainless week...

Attachments

• chart Mand Maud anon.gif
    chart Mand Maud anon.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Its easy to see the problem. You have a very powerful and very high friction Mars opposite Saturn in your Minor Progressed chart.

Are you sure that you don't have fibromyalgia? Google St. Amand and Fibro.

Also look for a book by Dr. St.Amand in Amazon. If you have Fibro, you can modify your diet and your life and take a simple med that will fix the situation for as long and you continue to take it. Been working for me for the past 15 years.

Vista

I think you probably do have Fibromyalgia although autoimmune disease are secondary to something else which is likely your thyroid and adrenals. The tests they do for thyroid problems are substandard and inaccurate leaving people to suffer and eventually develop secondary diseases such as Fibro because the thyroid affects every organ in your entire body. Adrenals work with the thyroid, when one is not workthing other doesn't. Chronic fatigue and pain is very indicative of adrenal issues. Your Venus is afflicted and Venus rules the thyroid/Adrenals, coruler of adrenals is Mars. Some say Mars is the ruler of adrenals but I am not sure.

Moon in Aries, 3rd
Asc. Sagittarius

mm

Last edited:

Mand Maud

Are you sure that you don't have fibromyalgia?
Wow, yes I am diagnosed with fm. Since diagnosis (4 years ago, though I've had it well over a decade), I have modified all sorts of things: diet, daily routine, sleep pattern etc. This is why I'm on my feet and running (more or less) a household now! :smile: Also taking the right things finally.

(I also have other things, most notably a stroke 7 years ago, its main after-effect being fatigue. A year ago I still couldn't get out of bed in the mornings without help, or drive, or manage my own finances; now I'm alone with a hyperactive early-teens son, and coping - most of the time, as I say. You wait, in a few years you'll see the bestselling book and worldwide lecture tour being advertised... ;) )

Anyway it's a giant learning process. (Life = an advanced-level course (Jupiter alongside my Sun?)) I'm actually at the point of being glad, not every day! but being glad to have had the problems.

Its easy to see the problem. You have a very powerful and very high friction Mars opposite Saturn in your Minor Progressed chart.
I completely do not see how Mars/Saturn has anything to do with the Moon - then I noticed you say progressed, and I haven't got into progressions at all yet.

Although I am aware of the Mars/Saturn thing and keep seeing more things that might be influencing. Even my ex, who has been the main "Saturn" in my life(!), is strongly Aries!

Then back to the lunar thing, apart from meditation, any suggestions?

Mand Maud

I think you probably do have Fibromyalgia although autoimmune disease are secondary to something else which is likely your thyroid and adrenals. The tests they do for thyroid problems are substandard and inaccurate leaving people to suffer and eventually develop secondary diseases such as Fibro because the thyroid affects every organ in your entire body. Adrenals work with the thyroid, when one is not workthing other doesn't. Chronic fatigue and pain is very indicative of adrenal issues. Your Venus is afflicted and Venus rules the thyroid/Adrenals, coruler of adrenals is Mars. Some say Mars is the ruler of adrenals but I am not sure.

Sorry Vista, for some reason I've only just seen this and that was by chance! Thank you for joining in.

I definitely do have fibromyalgia (diagnosed at the RNHRD in Bath and duloxetine helps), and in my own case I believe it arose from living with unrecognised hypermobility syndrome for a long time; in fact there's more than one school of thought on whether fm is an auto-immune disease. I have very interesting(!) neurology (Mars again, I think?) and fm is neurological, diagnosable by brain scans. Also I'm sort of "borderline" connective tissue disorder-ridden...

Nothing straightforward y'know! We don't do straightforward medical things in this family! :D

My thyroid is regularly tested because I've been on insulin since childhood, and I was recently treated 18 months for hyperthyroidism - which I know is now ok, since I know the symptoms now you see. Other factors in fm can be something akin to post-traumatic stress disorder which makes sense with my history, I've had PTSD two or three times...

the whole thing is complicated, and from the research I know of, I think there are half a dozen, more likely a dozen or more, overlapping conditions all being termed "fibromyalgia"; whether they're actually different conditions or forms of the same thing, we're some decades from learning.

I know much less about the adrenals although my ex had trouble with them, but gave me very vague explanations (I'm not sure he had listened too well) and it was when I was very ill so I didn't take in much detail. But hormones and stress-responses and all that stuff is so complex, I'm inclined to worry about it if and when my menopause gives me trouble! :) Life offers plenty to learn as it is!! To be honest I gave up trying to find out which condition or is behind which difficulty, more concerned with how to live with them day to day. Having now sussed dietary and other things and how to tell if they're helping or hindering, that is.

To pick up my afflicted Venus - me being a beginner - is that because of Saturn? and perhaps Pluto? Would the square to the Ascendant be another factor? :smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
HAVE you considered going on the guifennssin treatment? Have you read Dr. St. Amand's book? If not, then you don't have the whole story on Fibro, and actuall have only the one that the drug companies tell the doctors, so they can sell their expensive medications that treatonly the symptoms not the cause.

Not speaking off the top of my head here, I've had fibro all my life, and most active since about 1999. But on gui, I've been essentially in remission for the past 10 years.

Mand Maud

Thank you - I am content for the moment with the path I'm taking through the whole fibromyalgia learning experience. :smile:

My real question in this thread is about the Moon's effect on my energy. The great thing about fibro is that we can identify energy drains and suchlike when others would miss them for years.

Mand Maud

Bump...
My real question in this thread is about the Moon's effect on my energy.
... and I really need some tips on what I can do to ease these problems caused by my "slow down" during 2 weeks out of every 4. I'm hoping there could be something like focusing on a particular activity or avoiding certain kinds of situation - even dietary advice ... I'm guessing, I have no clue myself. I mean ideas that come out of astrology, not just general energy-management suggstions. Please, someone? :confused:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I completely do not see how Mars/Saturn has anything to do with the Moon - then I noticed you say progressed, and I haven't got into progressions at all yet.

Although I am aware of the Mars/Saturn thing and keep seeing more things that might be influencing. Even my ex, who has been the main "Saturn" in my life(!), is strongly Aries!

I'm sure that since you are female apparently, you can feel the moon easier, but I can't find any reference for why the Moon would be draining you of energy, suddenly now. So I start looking for something else.

You see I don't think its your Moon. I can see no situation where your Moon is out of bounds or in a critical degree, or having excessive power, or having very high friction. In none of the various charts that I looked at do I see your moon as an issue.

However if one looks at your secondary progressed chart, one might see that the most power aspect is the Mercury opposition to Saturn. This is also the highest friction aspect that I've ever seen in a progressed chart.

I am not a physician or any kind of medical professional, but when I looked at my copy of Eileen Nauman's Medical Astrology, she notes that a hard aspect between these two m cause a lack of calcium and possibly a deficiency of thyroid functioning. Thyroid functioning would clearly be implicated in your energy levels. This is usually when the sign of Taurus is involved, and its not here.

Since its an opposition, you would need to look for the midpoint to find the place to look for solving it. Its 9Cancer. The Arabic part for 9 cancer is the part of debilitated bodies, suggesting that you have a nutritional issue. nauman's books suggests a problem with nutrient absorption caused by lack of intestinal flora. this can also cause poor synthesis of PABA( a B vitamin) and Vit K, as well as poor assimilation of thiamine.

Again, I am not a medical professional, but you did ask. I've only looked at the astrology and seen what Eileen Nauman who is a country person(though she currently lives in the USA) of yours with a DHM degree.

Marinka

Are you on any medications?

The seesawing that you mention is sometimes apparent in people that are lax in taking their prescribed medicines as they should.

For example, some thyroid medicines take about 2 weeks to build up to levels in the body. Some anti-depressants work the same way.

Mand Maud

Thank you Zarathu!

I can learn loads from your post, just by the steps you took and the things you considered one after another.

However if one looks at your secondary progressed chart, one might see that the most power aspect is the Mercury opposition to Saturn. This is also the highest friction aspect that I've ever seen in a progressed chart.
Progressions are a bit advanced for me yet - so it's good to have others talking about them on my behalf. :smile:

What does high friction mean? Just that it rubs up against another planet - rubs it the wrong way, as it were?

And... is this opposition trouble going to last just for a while, or is it :eek: "part of me"?

Eileen Nauman looks like a useful author in more ways than one. It's a shame that book is expensive but the sample is free - and dipping into her Mars intro/summary, I see what you mean. Now I see why people keep talking about my thyroid!

There was also some mention of the nervous system which of course is neurology, and *all* my diagnosed problems are neurological. (Stroke and fibromyalgia, I mean.) I don't count diabetes as a problem, that's lifelong and hasn't been troublesome.

It does seem I must have a closer look at my diet. I'd have said it was much better in the last 7 months (since my ex moved out and I've [re]taken control of the kitchen and groceries, thank goodness) - little processed food now, far more veg. But maybe I'm leaving out something important. Thiamine and magnesium, and various others listed in that book sample, are also often mentioned re fibromyalgia.

cause a lack of calcium and possibly a deficiency of thyroid functioning. Thyroid functioning would clearly be implicated in your energy levels. This is usually when the sign of Taurus is involved, and its not here.
Thyroid is always the first thought with energy levels, but there are other things that mess with energy levels. For example post-stroke fatigue.

(I'd never heard of fatigue as a stroke-related thing, but it is apparently the most common lasting after-effect, and ranks in the three most distressing. I'm guessing that the otehr two are something like incontinence and loss of speech, so it's right up there with the big hitters. In my case, when my thyroid played up it was over- not under-active. and my doctor tells me stressful life events are often involved; my last two years have been pretty momentous, not only divorce after a long marriage, but re-entering "real life" after being isolated by illness for a few years, and before that our eldest was making serious suicide attempts for several months ... yep, I think "stress" describes it. It wasn't a big surprise to the doc when my thyroid went. And I'm in the lucky minority who get over it after 1-2 years' treatment. rather than ending up permanently on the meds.

Again, I am not a medical professional, but you did ask. I've only looked at the astrology and seen what Eileen Nauman who is a country person(though she currently lives in the USA) of yours with a DHM degree.
Is DHM the homeopathy? I like homeopathy. :D

And don't worry, I won't sue over medical advice ;) but it is great to have this in-depth train of thought.

I do like the look of your website by the way, Zarathu. :smile:

Are you on any medications?

I'm on loads! But not the two kinds you mention (depression and thyroid), and I don't make mistakes with them because I use daily dosette boxes. Occasionally a whole half-day or the bedtime doses get missed, but not more than once every so often, definitely not on any monthly cycle. By the way I know I'm not depressed. It goes with fibromyalgia, and also energy loss in general, but not for me. I am a depression survivor, not a depressive. (It was a very long learning curve - and I qualified with honours.) The most I get is a hint of it when exhausted which is like everyone I think; big change from 20 years ago.

It's intersting (to me) that with all this talk of the moon's cycle, and hormones coming into it, no one is asking about my periods. (Which by the way are fine, nice and boring.)

And back to the monthly thing - I understand a lot more (already!) but still not why it would be so clearly two-weeks-on, two-weeks-off. Do astrologers use lunar returns in the same way as other returns?

More and more questions, eh. :D Many thanks for taking the time.
mm