Ages life phases in charts?

Emerald87

Troubled past, bright future? Why?

Hi there,

I've just recently signed up here because I've been interested in astrology for some time now but I haven't got much knowledge about details that can be interpreted from natal charts. I tend to use online software and I'm not sure if they're any good.

I'm very interested in hearing your opinion on a matter I've been thinking about. My life has been very hectic and troubled over the past decade. Especially family-wise. Major problems with my father, a sick mother and I live very far away from my family. So I dealt with everything alone.

The major problems started when I was about 13, though my family life was rather unhappy before that too. Things have turned around for me immensely over the last few weeks (approx. 6 weeks). It's bizarre. It seems everything is going really well all of a sudden and I was wondering if there is any indication in my natal chart that shows that these things would happen at these ages. Is there any such thing to be interpreted from a birth chart?

337188-astro.gif

Extended computer generated explanation can be found here: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-...d1min=13&citylist=Goirle,+Netherlands&lang=en

I'm very interested in hearing or reading anything about this. SO if you have any tips or suggestions on reading material this is more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Emerald87

Thanks that is actually really interesting. I'm hoping someone skilled can take a look at my chart though, I'm afraid I'm not yet experienced enough for analysing charts in such detail.

Moog

Yes, I'm a firm believer in firdaria, dasha (my preference), and other time based systems.

The idea is that certain chunks of a person's life are presided over by one or other of the planets. They set the overall tone of events for that time, and how well or badly disposed the planets are in the chart determines how 'good' or 'bad' the experience tend to be.

Morinus calculates firdaria, or you can use this site; http://firdaria.com/

Jagannatha Hora calculates dashas, or here's a site to do same; http://www.mysticscripts.com/astrology/vedic-astrology/grahas-planets/vimshottari-dasha-planetary-periods/

Last edited:

Emerald87

Is there anywhere I can ready what certain things mean. For instance, at the moment I'm in the phase Mercury/mars.
As far as mercury and mars are present in my chart:

407 Conjunction Sun - Mercury
Mercury in Taurus
Mercury in VII
93 Trine Mercury - Neptune
268 Opposition Mercury - Pluto

Mars in Gemini
Mars in VIII
9 Sextile Mars - Jupiter
163 Opposition Mars - Saturn
26 Opposition Mars - Uranus
18 Trine Mars - Ascendant

Is there any site where I can find what this means in relation to the firdaria based results?

Carris

Re: Troubled past, bright future? Why?

Hi there,

I've just recently signed up here because I've been interested in astrology for some time now but I haven't got much knowledge about details that can be interpreted from natal charts. I tend to use online software and I'm not sure if they're any good.

I'm very interested in hearing your opinion on a matter I've been thinking about. My life has been very hectic and troubled over the past decade. Especially family-wise. Major problems with my father, a sick mother and I live very far away from my family. So I dealt with everything alone.

The major problems started when I was about 13, though my family life was rather unhappy before that too. Things have turned around for me immensely over the last few weeks (approx. 6 weeks). It's bizarre. It seems everything is going really well all of a sudden and I was wondering if there is any indication in my natal chart that shows that these things would happen at these ages. Is there any such thing to be interpreted from a birth chart?

337188-astro.gif

Extended computer generated explanation can be found here: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal?member=&recalc=&name=Emerald87&sex=f&d1day=3&d1month=5&d1year=1987&d1hour=19&d1min=13&citylist=Goirle%2C+Netherlands&lang=en

I'm very interested in hearing or reading anything about this. SO if you have any tips or suggestions on reading material this is more than welcome. Thanks in advance!
In the extended chart selection of astro.com you can get your natal chart with current transits and progressions. Transiting planets can bring about changes as they make aspects to you natal planets and angles.

For example, saturn is currently at 25 degrees libra - exactly at your natal ascendant - it has just finished opposing your natal venus and jupiter, and squaring your natal moon - so maybe this is bringing you some relief.

Carris

Is there anywhere I can ready what certain things mean. For instance, at the moment I'm in the phase Mercury/mars.

Mercury in Taurus
Mercury in VII

Mars in Gemini
Mars in VIII
9 Sextile Mars - Jupiter

Is there any site where I can find what this means in relation to the firdaria based results?
If you are using vedic/sidereal astrology then your chart will change. The dasha (or time period) depends on which house mercury rules and how strong it is in your natal chart. If mercury is ruler of your 9th vedic house - then this could be a very fortunate, lucky period for you.

Moog

Mercury in Taurus
Mercury in VII

Mars in Gemini
Mars in VIII
9 Sextile Mars - Jupiter

Not anything very useful, as far as I'm aware.

I read charts in a wholesign, sidereal format, so just bear with me if what I say seems unusual. I'm also no expert on using these techniques, but here are some general ideas.

Mercury is in a productive place, yet combust. Mercury rules the 9th and 12th in your chart. The 9th is relevant to matters of the father in Indian astrology (and I'm told similar from hellenistic sources) among other things. 12th and 9th house matters as well as 7th and 1st may come to the fore. I would perhaps read up on those for yourself and see if they seem relevant.

The Moon is also in the 9th house, and a natural significator for the mother. Mercury (ruler of the 9th) weakened by combustion could potentially have effects on both parents.

Without any real observational experience, I can only offer that you might find Mercury periods quite mixed in their effect.

Mars is in an unproductive house and opposed by enemy Saturn. I would expect some frictional material and difficulty in Mars periods. He rules the 2nd and 7th, so you might expect thematic material to occur regarding the significations of those houses. Family is a 2nd house matter.

Moog

You might find the chart useful for yourself, though Indian charts can seem impenetrable at first if you're used to circular charts.

I already reworked your chart for my purposes... I'm getting good at reading sidereal positions from a tropical chart.

I don't think I can really offer much better than suggesting you find a list of significations for houses, and then check out whether a greater number of life themes than coincidence might suggest would be reasonable are taking place in your life right now.

This site has a lot of useful information. You'll find Indian Bhava (house) significations here http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/Bhava/bhava_main_page.htm

Some pages with western style house assignments begin here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

I imagine there's a lot more out there.