ANIMALS Have RIGHTS - Animals Have FEELINGS - Animals Are Forced To SUFFER NEEDLESSLY

Oddity

Now that's interesting, Jup. I have a lot less intestine than most people do, but meat is fine, and also helps with the pernicious anaemia. It's vegetables and fibery things I have to look out for (can cause massive intestinal blockages - not good). Not that I can't eat any, but I can't eat much of them.

I think you'll find that's true of many people who have serious intestinal disease.

Ukpoohbear

That makes sense because fibre helps the digestive system, so if you have less then you wouldn’t need it as much. But I bet there would still be a way.

I have non serious digestive issues, and there is conflicting evidence about more or less fibre being good for you. It can help but also increase symptoms.

I’m curious what meat you eat with a more serious digestive condition, would you want the meat to be from grain-free, organic fed cows, and make sure the meat is pure and not added in with all the hidden ingredients you find in food.

I would also think milk would be hard to digest and a milk-alternative a good alternative because it’s eaiser to digest, although not soy milk but oat or hemp milk.

Last edited:

Oddity

I thought fiber (fruits and vegetables) is what cleans your intestines and helps move things along

If you haven't got a mess of intestinal strictures (narrowing) then you're probably fine with fibre. If you do, however....eating much fibre can land you in hospital with naso-gastric tubes and all sorts of other unpleasantness, up to and including surgery to clear the blockages it can cause to save your life.

AppLeo

If you haven't got a mess of intestinal strictures (narrowing) then you're probably fine with fibre. If you do, however....eating much fibre can land you in hospital with naso-gastric tubes and all sorts of other unpleasantness, up to and including surgery to clear the blockages it can cause to save your life.

Oh I see...

conspiracy theorist

That's pretty rare disorder (less than 1%) and it looks like she doesn't have a choice. But most of us do have a choice.

Btw, for millions of years human ancestors have been herbivores. For one thing, before they invented weapons, they were too slow and too stupid to actually catch anything.

Are we omnivores, herbivores or carnivores?

https://meatyourfuture.com/2015/09/herbivores-carnivores/

Rarity of disorder doesn't seem to deter other issues from being discussed, argued for, accepted and even legislated - the issues around sexuality and gender identity being a prime example. The same argument of "having no choice" applies, too. Why should this be any different?

From what I've picked up, it's because we found out how to use fire why our meat intake increased, and it is because of our increased meat intake that we were able to increase our brain capacity with the effect that it has decreased stomach size and wiring.

I eat vegetables, fruits and meat. So do the majority of people I know. I don't need an article to tell me where humans fall in that category. Humans in 2019.

Mahatma Gandhi grew up in a society that has a tradition stretching back into prehistory where vegetarianism was encouraged and actively practiced due to religious reasons. It's easier for him and his people to assume such a diet, since they are better adapted to it. It's harder for some to do go completely meatless, and for still others it's even fatal.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasons why people decide to not eat animals, especially if they are privy to the inhuman practices that big businesses use in the preparing of consumable meat, but I personally believe that there is more to the issues than what I hear being spread the most. I know people's hearts are in the right place; that's not the issue.

And Jupiter's memes are nice and all, but I actually worked with animals so I'm not a bleeding heart who thinks that the best way to tackle issues is to "raise awareness" on the internet.

JUPITERASC

If you haven't got a mess of intestinal strictures (narrowing) then you're probably fine with fibre.

If you do, however....eating much fibre can land you in hospital with naso-gastric tubes

and all sorts of other unpleasantness, up to and including surgery
to clear the blockages it can cause to save your life.

animals-get-cancer-too-its-not-profitable-to-inspect-each-17291961.png

conspiracy theorist

I am privy to a case where animals rights activists poisoned certain aquatic animals for the reason that, "the animals are better off dead than in captivity." Very humane of them.

When do you plan to give that piece of chocolate to Scruffy?