How do the phases of the moon impact.......

freedomlover

I've been trying to study the influences of a Full Moon (and New Moon) that hit an important point in one's chart.

For example, my current question concerns the Full Moon in Pisces on September 15, 2008. The full moon is at 22 Pis 54'. This hits my chart in the following ways:
Natal cusp of the 3rd is 21 Pis 39'.
Solar Arc Moon is 21 Pis 13'.
It also squares my Progressed Jupiter(r) at 23 Gem 20' in the 4th.

Also, I have a friend who has Pluto at 7*Virgo in the 9th. The recent New Moon in Virgo was exactly at this degree.

Any thoughts on either of these?

Does anyone else have an example of how a Full or New Moon impacted their chart?

Last edited:

waybread

You might enjoy reading Dane Rudyhar's book, The Lunation Cycle. He believed that one's moon phase at birth had an influence on one's mode of operating in life. In traditional Farmer's Almanac-style astrology, a new moon is a time for new beginnings and new projects. A full moon is a time to communicate or make public the project you have begun. A waning moon is a time for finishing off all the details. I actually find that the 4th quarter is a time when I feel motivated to pay those bills, make those phone calls, &c. that I'd been procrastinating on. The dark of the moon is a period of "rest".

I would think that, depending upon your natal chart, you could get some extra milage out of activities that correspond with the energies of the house and planet involved. For example, with a full moon in your third house, this should be a productive time to write, collect information, deal with neighbours and siblings, and communicate in general.

freedomlover

You might enjoy reading Dane Rudyhar's book, The Lunation Cycle. He believed that one's moon phase at birth had an influence on one's mode of operating in life. In traditional Farmer's Almanac-style astrology, a new moon is a time for new beginnings and new projects. A full moon is a time to communicate or make public the project you have begun. A waning moon is a time for finishing off all the details. I actually find that the 4th quarter is a time when I feel motivated to pay those bills, make those phone calls, &c. that I'd been procrastinating on. The dark of the moon is a period of "rest".

I would think that, depending upon your natal chart, you could get some extra milage out of activities that correspond with the energies of the house and planet involved. For example, with a full moon in your third house, this should be a productive time to write, collect information, deal with neighbours and siblings, and communicate in general.

I went back to add another thought to this thread, and found your post - somehow it got lost in the shuffle. Sorry I did not acknowledge it sooner.

It's interesting that you used a 3rd house Full Moon as an example, because that is where the full moon falls in my chart, concerning the thought I was going to post.:rolleyes:

My question is this: What effect does a Full Moon have if it falls smack dab on your natal Sun. My love interest is going to experience this in a few days. The full moon will be on the 11th/5th axis, with the Moon on his natal Sun, and the Sun opposing it. I'm talking "smack-dab", too. The Full Moon is at 21'51" Aries, and his natal Sun is at 21'53" Aries.

Any comments?

waybread

I would think that if a full moon falls on a person's sun, that he would have an excellent opportunity to understand his identity--both his conscious will (sun) and also his subconscious and family inheritance (moon) and the parts that both play in his identity. A good time to express himself!

freedomlover

I would think that if a full moon falls on a person's sun, that he would have an excellent opportunity to understand his identity--both his conscious will (sun) and also his subconscious and family inheritance (moon) and the parts that both play in his identity. A good time to express himself!

Thanks for that, Waybread! I also did not know that the Moon represented his family inheritance! That opens up doors of understanding in lots of areas. Also, this Full Moon occurrence on his Sun, falls in my 3rd house. How would you tie the two of these together? Possibly communication with me will help facilitate this?

FL

Neptune Rising

Hi :)

I had an amazing day yesterday, full Moon conjunct exactly natal 4th house Chiron! So the Sun was in my 10th house. I had such a panick at work, I mean anxiety that nearly became a panick attack. Luckily I know how to calm myself down, but with great difficulty. It went on all afternoon. Palitations, everything. I don't normally get these. Chiron also aspects my Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Mars, Pallas and Vesta. That all probably contributed to my freak out! :rolleyes:

I don't know what to make of the cycles. I had the previous new Moon conjunct near the MC, and I was offered a job. I don't see quite how this scary full Moon relates to that previous new Moon. Perhaps there were some buried Chiron issues I had to face before I start this new job. (I am currently doing temp work). The next new Moon is in the 10th house, maybe I start the new job then - I hope! ;)

All the best
nR

waybread

freedomlover said:
Thanks for that, Waybread! I also did not know that the Moon represented his family inheritance! That opens up doors of understanding in lots of areas. Also, this Full Moon occurrence on his Sun, falls in my 3rd house. How would you tie the two of these together? Possibly communication with me will help facilitate this?

FL

Like all of the planets, the moon has multiple meanings. Commonly it is one's emotional state, mother, or home. But Many astrologers further link the moon to one's past, both personal and familial. None of us is born without a lot of baggage, good or bad, from our parents, their parents, and so on.

I realize that in synastry, many astrologers think that if "A's" sun falls into "B's" third house, that B will primarily experience A through 3rd house matters, such as communication, thinking, siblings, and/or neighbourhood. I can only suggest that you try it out and see if you think it works. The trouble that I have with this approach is that I can think of so many cases where it doesn't seem to work. My husband's sun, for example, falls into my first house, not my seventh (or 5th or 8th.) My son's sun falls into my 12th house, not my 5th house of children. I don't think we relate to one another in particularly 12th house ways. Moreover, many of our acquaintances will have, say, their sun in our 7th house, but we don't relate to them as spouses, partners, or open enemies at all.

Neptune rising, I hope your job situation calms down! You might see whether other transits are at work. The moon moves so quickly, but it can be a trigger point.