Defy aging? Which sign aspects look the youngest?

C0rnholio

I've always been told I look much younger than I am. ...
I am a Leo with Moon in Sagittarius and a Libra Ascendant. I do look about about 4-6 years younger than my age of 36. My Moon in Sagittarius thinks that I will never get old. Also, when I am in love, I can look waaaa-a-ay younger maybe because my Venus is in Virgo, and Virgos usually look very good.

P.S. Freedomlover, when are we going on a date?

unusual_suspect

I am a Leo with Moon in Sagittarius and a Libra Ascendant. I do look about about 4-6 years younger than my age of 36. My Moon in Sagittarius thinks that I will never get old. Also, when I am in love, I can look waaaa-a-ay younger maybe because my Venus is in Virgo, and Virgos usually look very good.

P.S. Freedomlover, when are we going on a date?

Lol, I know what you mean about your Sagittarius Moon, mine thinks that too :)

yyyyyyyy

I think Gemini Rising, for sure.
I know plenty of virgos who look older actually.

I look younger and hear it often. However, I think it also has to do with my efforts. I take anti-aging very seriously - probably mostly because of my Leo sun. I also prefer to look more innocent than sexy. All of my planets except Jupiter aspect my ascendant. (taurus moon opp asc by 20 mins and leo sq asc by 1 minute)
i have my chart ruler in my 12th so i think this could be why i like to keep a "harder" appearance hidden.

lazarusx

Im unsure about Gemini.

I have my Ascendant in Gemini as-well as mercury,moon and Jupiter in the 1st Gemini. But i've often been labelled older then i look and appear.. i definitely have a less serious/curious/adventurist attitude towards life though.

I guess i'll find out late when i get closer to my 30's.. lol

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I think Gemini Rising, for sure.
I know plenty of virgos who look older actually.

I look younger and hear it often. However, I think it also has to do with my efforts. I take anti-aging very seriously - probably mostly because of my Leo sun. I also prefer to look more innocent than sexy. All of my planets except Jupiter aspect my ascendant. (taurus moon opp asc by 20 mins and leo sq asc by 1 minute)
i have my chart ruler in my 12th so i think this could be why i like to keep a "harder" appearance hidden.

I agree that there is a certain youthfulness associated with Gemini. Naturally the sign that Merc is in would color it. By that I mean that Merc in Gemini might look younger than a Gemini Asc ruled by say Merc in Scorpio or Taurus.

I don't think that Virgos look young in their youth, but they often do look fresher and more youthful when they are older, like past midlife. They can really age well. Especially if Virgo Asc is ruled by Merc in Gemini, for example.

M

may28gemini

Yes, I've noticed Virgo Asc people look like their age or older when they're young (like before 35 yrs old or so) but when they get older, it seems like time stops for them and then they'll be considered younger looking.

I think Venus on the Asc or Venus based Asc can be age defying because of emphasis on appearance. Jupiter 1st house/on AC can be age defying as well because of jolliness- laughter is the best medicine.

M

may28gemini

I'm 71. All my friends say I don't look a day over 30. I'm an Aquarius.
All my friends are liars.

Are they Geminis? If they are, you've got some good allies. If we lie to spare feelings for someone, we really like the person.

capleo2scorpio

I know a virgo sun who is 52 and everyone thinks she is 25. Until she starts yelling like an old lady. My loveable aunty. She's got sun ontop of pluto in virgo, mercury virgo and an unaspected mars and some capricorn planets.

Last edited:

Claire19

Gemini is a typically youthful sign so a well aspected Mercury and in the 1st house could help. A well aspected sun and Jupiter. Venus can give a good complexion and especially if connected to the 1st house. there are many scenarios. Being health conscious and exercising helps and that can be the domain of the 6th house as well.

Claire19

I know a virgo sun who is 52 and everyone thinks she is 25. Until she starts yelling like an old lady. My loveable aunty. She's got sun ontop of pluto in virgo, mercury virgo and an unaspected mars and some capricorn planets.
I dont use Pluto but the MErcury in Virgo and the sun would be the main indicator of youthfulness. They are often nervous and can burn off any excess weight as long as they dont succumb to smoking to steady the nerves.

astro11

I think it is Gemini people who are the youngest at heart. Usually when you feel younger you look younger so someone with a strong Gemini influence may seem to defy aging more than average.

Lucid

I'm in the minority here, but as I'm told often that I look young for my age... I'll go with Capricorn asc.
It's not just that I'm told I look younger now (27) but when I was 13 I was told I looked a lot older.... I've actually read somewherer that capricorns look older when they're young and look younger when they grow old. y'know, in the same the way wine maturing makes it more better/tasty?
I think the "mechanism" behind it, so to speak, is that capricorn, and saturn-related aspects, are very durable and have this sustainable ability to them that prevents them from burning out very fast and show life's turmoils on their faces. Capricorn is also related to skin so a postive aspect to the ascendant will make you glow :) On the other hand, since we are talking about saturn, the ruler of time, it could also appear very old.... maybe it depends on aspects to it as well. I've got sun sextile the asc and pluto trines it (albeit in a wider orb)

Other things in a chart that could mean aging well:
- a gemini ascendant=fountain of youth
- aries and leo ascendant= aries is the baby of astrology, filled with vigor vitality and leo relates to the heart so maybe that encourages a healthier condition, which in turn, helps with a youthful appearance
- virgo sun, moon well aspected to mercury and any good aspects to the 6th house= excellent diet regime and health

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I think there's a misconception about Capricorn Asc and Saturn on the AC. I don't think the native actually gets "younger" as they grow older. Age doesn't work that way in the real world. It's that time stopped for those people earlier, so as they're getting older in age, it seems like they look "younger." Saturn is the ruler of time and timelessness; "classic." The word classic carries the connotation of surpassing time barriers and being relevant longer. When time stops, technically, you don't get "younger," you just stopped aging.

I don't know about Cap Asc people because I've only ever met one (as far as I know). This person is a friend and she's 24-year-old (young) Gemini Sun with 4 planet Gemini stellium (abundant youthful positions) and have Cap Saturn on the Asc. She doesn't look "old" for her age, but she doesn't look "younger" than her age either. I've known her since she was 20 and for the most part, she's only aged slightly. But if you think about it, she's still very young so there's no way for me to tell at this point. Maybe when she's 40 and I see her again, then I can say with accuracy, "Oh looks like the clock stopped for at 25 years old."

I have Libra Saturn on the Asc and for the most part, I've aged very little. It's true that when I was about 21 and under, I looked "older" than my age. I showed a school picture of me at barely 5 years old to my co-workers who had known me for nearly 3 years and they all thought I looked like I was 12 or 13. Now at 32, people see me at being 20-22 years old. My skin is still very smooth, I exercise regularly, I haven't eaten meat in many years, I wear clothes in Junior sizes, and most of all, I have an "immature" sense of humor where it makes it easier for me to relate to people who are either much younger than me (like in their teens) so people think I blend in with them, or mesh well with those who are much older (like in their 50s+) to where the vast age difference makes my youthfulness more prominent. As for people around my age, I have very little in common with and find it boring/tedious to be around them or even to converse with them. The basic is, that I didn't get "younger," I just stopped aging sometime around 21/22 (at least for now HAHAHA), but my age has exceeded my looks by a decade.

Last edited:

pudinnpop

Im 42 and others never believe it! I got a cancer asc!! Sun in pisces and moon in gemini!! I dont know what contributes to my youthful looks exactly but I aint complaining!!...I do have sun and mercury trine asc however!!! Im seeing the mercury/gem connection here!!!

Prisma

...I've noticed Virgo Asc people look like their age or older when they're young ...but when they get older, it seems like time stops for them and then they'll be considered younger looking.

So far, true.

Maybe a Gem. MC can also add to it...