Not many young men interested in astrology? dismissive even?

Blaze

Account Closed
Ahh that's so funny, I can just imagine that reaction! At the very least, guys will humour me, but they still don't take it seriously.

Kick em in the balls, throw them on a chair then grill them whilst talking about it. Once you involve a mans balls, it becomes serious business.

Please TW don't ban me. I'm only kidding

On-topic: There are some guys on here, WB. Oddity, Dirius, CT up there, Rawiri, myself and some others. But offline it's pretty much something "crazy people" do and most guys don't have two minds on it.

Oddity

I too have noticed men just don't seem to believe into astrology and would love to know why. I totally ruined my reputation when I once said in front of my husband's friends that ppl born in the year of the pig are 'supposedly' compatible with goats. Yikes. I couldn't have been shut down harder by a fierce group desire to change the subject immediately!

I'm thinking ppl tend to turn to astrology because they need help and guidance, and that seems to be more common in women so perhaps that's why? Just a guess.

If that's how you worded it - I can understand why they objected ;)

AppLeo

It seems all the young men I speak to - I say young - I am young myself but I mean men basically up to 30+ who seemingly have no interest in astrology - I've literally never met another man who is not dismissive of it or extremely skeptical?

why could this be?

Well I'm 18 and a male and I have a big interest in astrology.

Maybe men just take on a more logical approach to life and astrology isn't the most logical thing out there.

I also have an online friend who is also a guy and is my age and he was the person that got me into astrology. I think there's a lot of young guys out there that believe in astrology, but it's difficult for you to meet them because they probably don't talk about it to just anyone. I can see girls talking about astrology effortlessly, but for a guy to just talk about astrology...

Last edited:

Dirius

It seems all the young men I speak to - I say young - I am young myself but I mean men basically up to 30+ who seemingly have no interest in astrology - I've literally never met another man who is not dismissive of it or extremely skeptical?

why could this be?

I think its fine people don't believe in something that hasn't been presented with proof.

I didn't believe in astrology until I got a very accurate prediction.

Kick em in the balls, throw them on a chair then grill them whilst talking about it. Once you involve a mans balls, it becomes serious business.

Ahhhhahhaa....usually the threat of anything is enough...i prefer a quick hand movement that doesn't make contact...then when they don't flinch, you make contact :lol: 'your moon is in house 12 are you aware of that mofo????'

On-topic: There are some guys on here, WB. Oddity, Dirius, CT up there, Rawiri, myself and some others. But offline it's pretty much something "crazy people" do and most guys don't have two minds on it.

Yeah, most people that have studied it beyond sun signs probably don't talk about it openly so you wouldn't know who they are anyway. That's quite funny thinking there's an astrologer where I live actually and I just don't know :lol:

craft94

It has to do with standards of 'masculinity'. It's stupid because astrology is one of the oldest professions in existence and it used to only be men. But men often laugh it off as a frivolous feminine hobby, I guess the mass media (newspaper horoscopes and such) makes it seem shallow and that turns a lot of people, of both genders, off but shallow and feminine arent synonyms. Weak-minded and insecure men often feel the need to prove themselves by believing only in cold hard facts rather than diving into anything relating to emotions or the subjective mind. They equate it with being weak, and being weak themselves, they don't want that weakness to show. Biologically, to some extent, I think men ARE more mechanically-minded and less intuitive than women are, all men are Capricorns, but it's mostly cultural because true astrology involves both mechanical science and abstract thought.

craft94

Sometimes, men will feign interest in astrology if they think it'll get them in your pants. I literally have had guys message me and be like "look at this website, aquarius and libra are compatible ;)"

Bunraku

Actually, this is why I think the estrogen-like compounds in the water will benefit society because it will allow men to explore their feminine side.

Me and Wan have had serious discussions about this, and it’s a shame that we don’t see eye to eye. :sad:

Sometimes, men will feign interest in astrology if they think it'll get them in your pants. I literally have had guys message me and be like "look at this website, aquarius and libra are compatible ;)"

Haha....this was years ago now but one guy said to me 'Aries and cancer are compatible aren't they??' I was like LOL noooo cancers are cry babies, he was gutted :lol: :lol:

craft94

I don't think all men are like this, but a lot of men, white male atheist Richard Dawkins types and I do think it's a matter of insecurity. They mindlessly latch onto this 'scientific' mentality as a way to prove how smart they are. They make fun of religious people, and any subject they see as spiritual, because deep down, they know they're the dumb ones and it always helps to find someone dumber than you

craft94

I once told a guy I had an astrology fetish and that I was writing a book on what each combination of Sun-Moon-Rising-Mercury-Venus and Mars sign were like in bed. I was trolling obviously (as if I had that much experience) but he believed me. He's like "have you done Pisces yet? 😍"

I once told a guy I had an astrology fetish and that I was writing a book on what each combination of Sun-Moon-Rising-Mercury-Venus and Mars sign were like in bed. I was trolling obviously (as if I had that much experience) but he believed me. He's like "have you done Pisces yet? 😍"

Lol, where was his brain...oh wait... :innocent:

craft94

I've noticed this problem and am going to rectify my status to at least attempting to get to the 20% level you and others are at. I was just waiting 'til after my Saturn Return, lol.

I'm half-serious. Too serious for Linda Goodman, not serious enough for here. I find a lot of the people on this website to be rather arrogant and humorless (obv. not the people in this thread), the astrologers' version of a white male Richard Dawkins atheist. I guess that's something you run into everywhere on the internet :/ I hate people

I'm half-serious. Too serious for Linda Goodman, not serious enough for here. I find a lot of the people on this website to be rather arrogant and humorless (obv. not the people in this thread), the astrologers' version of a white male Richard Dawkins atheist. I guess that's something you run into everywhere on the internet :/ I hate people

I got a reading of someone I have nicknamed 'the grandfather of aw' and I decided to stick around. I was quite happy engaging in some light trolling during the early hours, but the characters' here endeared me to stick around. Now it's got to the point I'm eager to learn the 'language' and become fluent in it.

I know what you mean about the Dawkins type, I know a guy like that eugh....tells me that I probably believe in magnets for medicinal purposes to belittle me, but engage him in a debate and he loses his thoughts, hands you info on Dawkins instead pfff

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Ahhhhahhaa....usually the threat of anything is enough...i prefer a quick hand movement that doesn't make contact...then when they don't flinch, you make contact :lol: 'your moon is in house 12 are you aware of that mofo????'

LOL.

Some men have no balls, so they have to resort to little tricks and whatnot. Your Mercury sees through all that Bs though. Find a dude with an Aries or Scorpio Mars - he'll be legit.

Or...the Scorpio Mars and you will just argue about nothing till wall slamming sex shows up then more arguing.

....Unsure if that's bad.....

Haha....this was years ago now but one guy said to me 'Aries and cancer are compatible aren't they??' I was like LOL noooo cancers are cry babies, he was gutted :lol: :lol:

Lol, this is very true. To date a cancer, one must wear a hazmat suit and praise their mommies or some ****.

craft94

LOL.

Some men have no balls, so they have to resort to little tricks and whatnot. Your Mercury sees through all that Bs though. Find a dude with an Aries or Scorpio Mars - he'll be legit.

Or...the Scorpio Mars and you will just argue about nothing till wall slamming sex shows up then more arguing.

....Unsure if that's bad.....

Lol, this is very true. To date a cancer, one must wear a hazmat suit and praise their mommies or some ****.
Cancer Mars is the worst. Like how does that even work? Actually, I dated a Cancer Mars (we hung out like twice lol) and he was the Dawkins type! Insecurity.......

Honestly every guy I've ever really liked/every close friend I have (with the exception of one Scorpio Mars) has Mars in a fire sign. I find it difficult to imagine Mars in any other way. Proud Mars in Leo!

(wait **** I hope you're not a Cancer Mars???? If so, you probably have it strongly placed and other placements to counteract that - you dont' seem weak)

Last edited:

craft94

I got a reading of someone I have nicknamed 'the grandfather of aw' and I decided to stick around. I was quite happy engaging in some light trolling during the early hours, but the characters' here endeared me to stick around. Now it's got to the point I'm eager to learn the 'language' and become fluent in it.
Yeah, I like some of the people and dislike others