Better late than never

skywatcher1221

I guess it is about time I posted an introduction since I joined last July. (Sagittarians are great at procrastination.) I first got interested in astrology back in 1974 after listening to an astrologer on radio giving mini-readings to phone-in listeners. I was intrigued but skeptical so invested in a reading. I was still skeptical (my Mercury is in Capricorn) and, disregarding his advice, bravely forged ahead with my pet project of the moment. As he warned, my timing was way, way off and the whole thing collapsed but there was a silver lining in all of that -- it opened my eyes to a new reality: Hey, this stuff really works!

So I began to study astrology because he charged big bucks for an annual forecast and I figured it would be cheaper to learn it myself (Cap rising, Venus in Cap, along with Mercury). By then I knew astrology worked; I only questioned if I could do it myself. I could, as it turned out, and became a professional astrologer myself (something my original astrologer predicted). I've been practicing ever since and I intend to keep on practicing until I get it right.

One of the things I love about astrology is that there is always something new to learn; it is a never-ending voyage of discovery. I should also add that I have learned a lot since joining this forum and I am impressed by the depth of knowledge here. I've been in a few other groups before this but IMHO this is the best of the lot.

I've had an astrology column and a radio program but now I am semi-retired and content myself with a blog. Here is the link if you would like to check it out. http://mysite.verizon.net/vzesmaih/

Last edited:

LionKing

That's pretty good. I enjoyed your site. I am trying to develop one once I feel like I'm more comfortable in getting out in the world and promote my books and then send an astrology site of some sort. But I praise you on this. V/r LionKIng

skywatcher1221

Thanks to both of you for the comments on the site. Glad you enjoy it. Coming from fellow astrologers, the good reviews mean a lot.

Steve

Hello Skywatcher. I enjoyed reading your post. I really like your website. I too came into astrology with a questioning mind. I would only accept that which I could verify through personal experience.
I found your analysis about the USA interesting.
Times they are a changing.

skywatcher1221

Steve said:
Hello Skywatcher. I enjoyed reading your post. I really like your website. I too came into astrology with a questioning mind. I would only accept that which I could verify through personal experience.
I found your analysis about the USA interesting.
Times they are a changing.
Thanks, Steve. Glad you like the site. My approach to astrology is the same as yours. There is so much garbage published about astrology that you can't believe anything until you "field test" it yourself.