Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

That makes sense. I write to get the point across. Putting it in flowery words might seem nice but it just makes Astro text very obscure and hard to decipher. Like GET TO THE POINT ALREADY.

In general international forums tend to be immature for some reason. Like all the humor is “haha Latvian people do this and that so funny” for example and relatable type humor you’d find on the front page of IG. I think humor has to be very topical and superficial for it to come across the barrier.

In general on the internet community circuit, I don't find people's writing skills generally match up to their ambitions to be flowery and purple with their prose. I like brevity and crisp expression that gets the point across. And those that are able to pull off summarising effectively also tend to have the ability to get lengthy and still remain elegant. Maybe Venus in Capricorn just likes structured beauty.

Last edited:

Bunraku

In general on the internet community circuit, I don't find people's writing skills generally match up to their ambitions to be flowery and purple with their prose. I like brevity and crisp expression that gets the point across. And those that are able to pull off summarising effectively also tend to have the ability to lengthy and still remain elegant. Maybe Venus in Capricorn just like structured beauty.

Lol our aesthetic preferences are different. I think the moon has a lot to do with it, in the sense of what we find comfort in.
Or maybe your Venus is just a pure expression of it in cap. Hard to say. I’m biased.

I try to be quick about it. But the more I stare at it the more tortured it becomes. Grammar is my no1 enemy.

conspiracy theorist

Lol our aesthetic preferences are different. I think the moon has a lot to do with it, in the sense of what we find comfort in.
Or maybe your Venus is just a pure expression of it in cap. Hard to say. I’m biased.

I try to be quick about it. But the more I stare at it the more tortured it becomes. Grammar is my no1 enemy.

You might have a point there with Venus being pure, if you don't read out of sign conjunctions. That conjunction is ticklish though because it's also parallel so they are literally in the same part of the sky during that time.

Bunraku

I WISH I had more fixed signs.
Mutables just zig zag and get derailed, but despite all the detours they will finish eventually.

conspiracy theorist

The "eventually" is rub though, isn't it.

Who I'm really sorry for are the ones born with the Pisces Moon. That would leave only Venus... who is Cardinal. (Up until Mars decides to go Capricorn which happens quickly enough)

conspiracy theorist

I know one (Sag Sun, Psc Moon) . He's like a weathervane. Absolutely no stability. Loud and confrontational but is a paper tiger. Lots more, but suffice to say, he's not having the greatest time with his life.

conspiracy theorist

There's a fairly swift tech for delineating the "good fortune" of a chart found in Book 1 of Valens, section 15.

Third, Seventh, and Fortieth Days of the Moon.

The third, seventh, and fortieth days of the moon as follows: assume the moon is in Scorpio 7°; the third day will be in Sagittarius 7°. [It is necessary to investigate the day in this way. Sagittarius 7° has become the third day.] In the nativity chart the seventh will be found in square, at Aquarius 7°. The fortieth will be at Taurus 7°. (Some add 160° to the moon’s position at birth and count off this amount from the moon’s sign. Others add to the moon’s position at birth <its positions> on the third and seventh and fortieth days, then after calculating, they interpret the moon at those places.) In general they note the fortunate, unfortunate, and average nativities according to the third, seventh, and fortieth days: if these locations are beheld by benefics in operative places, and not by malefics, then you can predict exceedingly great good fortune. If two of these locations are beheld by benefics and one by malefics, then you can predict average fortune. If three are beheld by malefics, with the benefics turned away, then predict misfortune. If the situation is mixed, say “average".

Of course we have software to expedite this process. What do you get as the outcome?

You did say that you haven't really read Valens, but are you aware of the fortune chart? It's based on PoF.

Ukpoohbear

A random thought, for such a random thoughts thread :lol:

The word psyche I find is often used to refer to our minds, however that word comes from mythology that derives from that Greek Goddess named Psyche who is suppose to be a representation of the soul (I believe she governs the soul as well). Here is where I come to a conclusion (right..), let’s say if a individual’s brain were to begin to fail on them (god forbid) and they slowly start to lose function of their body, would that be similar to a death to the soul? Or maybe an entrapment of the soul if it cannot be expressed any longer in the external world?

It ended in more questions. Why am I not surprised lol

I don’t think a soul can die. Energy cannot die or disappear, t just reforms and soul is energy.

I’m not even sure the soul expresses itself. It’s hard to separate character from soul but it’s a good exercise to try and do in terms of self-development and working on yourself. For example, you could believe you are ‘bossy’ and ‘kind.’ But that is not your soul, that is a belief you are those things.

You can remember playing at that park when you were younger, remember another even like hanging out with friends and you are observing the memory, like from a birds eye view. The you who is observing it is separate from the character and labels, it is simply observing.

This is something I’m working on right now, separating myself from who I think I am. It takes time to do it because we are so used to thinking we know who we are.

There is a phrase ‘that person has a good soul.’ I think if your soul is highly developed, you will always take the higher path and higher meaning, as opposed to a more materialistic path.

All these incarnations are to train our soul to take a higher path, I think. That can only be done through thousand of incarnations that involve pain and suffering, and love. Pain is actually very useful but oh, it is painful. Developing the soul is torturous. We are all terrified deep down.

There is no ‘you.’

The only salvation is that love is real and so expansive that no cry goes unheard, no pain is ignored. Love :)

Just because I am aware of this, does not make me any less of a mess. Love really is the answer, though. lol.

Bunraku

There's a fairly swift tech for delineating the "good fortune" of a chart found in Book 1 of Valens, section 15.

Third, Seventh, and Fortieth Days of the Moon.

Of course we have software to expedite this process. What do you get as the outcome?

You did say that you haven't really read Valens, but are you aware of the fortune chart? It's based on PoF.

Okay, well I’m just adding 24 hrs to each day.
3rd day Taur
7th Cancer
40th is Virgo
Virgo makes my 10th.

I mean? Why do I need to do this. I can literally just tell how my life is like by existing. I can tell I’m average :lol: I’m not ruling people, or was born into great amounts of wealth or anything.

conspiracy theorist

Nah, just the Moon is looked at relative to it's position in the natal. Everything else remains static.

With my chart, chances of benefics and malefics beholding the same places are high, so mine would come up average as well.

3rd - Pisces. With Saturn, square Mars. Operative house.

7th - Taurus. Trine Venus. Inoperative house.

40th - Leo. Trine Jupiter. Operative house.

So based on the technique mine falls at average or slightly fortunate, but nothing spectacular.

There's also a more elaborate look at fortune & eminence with the Fortuna chart. It's based on placing the sign the lot falls in as the first, and reading the planets relative to that new vantage points. Planets that fall within the 10th and 11th are very good. There's more to it than that but that's just something skeletal to start things off.

Last edited: