Is there a better place for me to live than my current location?

athenian200

I'm mostly asking this as an academic question, because it's unlikely that I'll ever be able to actually move. The majority of my family has moved to this area, and I haven't been very successful at making friends outside of my family. Well, I make a lot of online friends, but that's about it really.

I'm just curious as to whether there are any harmful influences at this location, given my chart. It feels as if I survive and function, but nothing ever works out well. Every plan I make only seems to work for about a year or two, and then it falls apart. It just feels like everything around here is confining, uncomfortable, and draining, but I'm tempted to blame that on my own personality and perspective rather than my environment. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to adapt to life here.

This is my Birth Chart, for Chicago.

And this is my current location, Garland.

How good or bad is this location, astrologically speaking? I haven't felt drawn to any place in particular, although I have fantasized about the obvious places like Westminster, Vancouver, New York, San Francisco, Sydney, London, etc... but I don't think that's particular meaningful because almost everyone is drawn to those places. I just don't seem to have a very personal resonance with any particular location that stands out.

It seems like my current location might be a little better than my Birth chart because Saturn moves out of my 7th house, and Venus moves closer to the Ascendant. Other than that, though, it doesn't seem like much changes.

athenian200

*crickets chirping*

Nothing, huh? Well, I've picked four locations since I posted this, so I'll just post the charts for all four. Now you only have to tell me which chart you think looks the most promising.

Any thoughts, comments, opinions, ideas, etc?

Arena

Hello
I am one of those very interested in relocation.
But I must tell you that when looking at location in regards to charts, you really need to look into the mundoscope to see the REAL placements of the planets in relation to that particular location. And those planets that will influence you the most are those closest to the angles and your life will be most influenced by those planets and their aspects. But you also need to cast a solar return (in sidereal since it is more accurate) to see how each year will evolve in that particular place.

F.ex. this is your birth chart and then a mundoscope for Chicago. I'll post charts for Garland as well in the next post.

Look into planets closest to the angles in the mundoscopes. For Chicago, your most influential planets are Pluto on Dsc (However we usually consider weaker influence when the orb is wider than 3°). Venus very close to East point. Jupiter very close to the Ax/Vx axis. That should have been a very good place for you to live I think. Most important aspects in your chart are always the tightest aspects. You see a very important aspect, the Moon tightly square Saturn and then you see Venus trine Mars.

MOON-SATURN
Proud, self-made people. Dynamic, hard-working, persistent, driving themselves; also encourages growth in others (expects others to do something worthy of their abilities). Usually emotionally reserved, private. A definite tendency (often unconscious) to seek total control of situations & relationships. Parent-themed issues (nourishment-deprivation, etc.) to work through. When the emotions are too burdened: Pessimistic, distrustful, little self-confidence, passive-aggressive, feeling inferior, anxiety, depression. Many enter religious or social work to symbolically sacrifice themselves for others.

A definite tendency (perhaps often unconscious) to try to take total control of situations. This makes them seem like good potential leadership material on first impression; yet, as the result of these behaviors, they often cause a certain amount of friction in a group where they are not actually in charge. (When in doubt, they tend to bluster ahead and assume control of something or other.)

VENUS-MARS (Keyword: PASSIONATE)
Physical activity in any form, be it athletics, dancing, or love-making, gives these individuals particular pleasure. They are usually very active socially; their passions tend to mature at an early age and continue late into life. Such a person is very eager for romantic involvement. Sexual desire is interlocked with the need for tenderness and gentleness. [ADD: Emotional strength. Passion (in all senses). Relationship strains.]

Quotes from solunars.net

Attachments

• athenian chicago.jpg
    athenian chicago.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 26
  • athenian chicago mundoscope.jpg
    athenian chicago mundoscope.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 25

Arena

...continued

So now we look at your relocated charts in Garland Tx, USA.

We see that Venus moves out of that orb of East point. But moves close to relocated ASC... altough out of 3° orb in mundoscope. We also see that Jupiter moves out of that connection to Vx/Ax axis. So we can say that your close connection to the benefics at the place you were born, Chicago, has now been compromised.

We also see that Pluto moves into a very close orb to your relocated DSC.
This becomes a very influential planet in your life in Garland.

PLUTO FOREGROUND
Pluto people are the loners of society, those unique individuals who refuse to melt into the mire of custom. They are the exceptions to the rule, writing their own codes of behavior if necessary. In order to escape constant persecution for being "different" from the masses, they draw within themselves and remain remote from the rest of the world. They are not essentially shy, but rather just do not wish to be bothered. Unless Pluto is afflicted, these folks are gentle and inoffensive, but may leave themselves open to abuse in some form. Though formal standards are generally disregarded, they have a strong faith in human dignity and will not tolerate inhumanity or unfair practices. They are individuals in constant search of meaning, agnostic because they attach themselves to no formal faith, yet possessing a deep spiritual potential for understanding.

Pluto on the DSC can have profound impact on your relationship with others, friends, family and loved ones. It can feel like you are all alone, that you seperate yourself from others or are somehow seperated/disconnected.

Attachments

• athenian garland.jpg
    athenian garland.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 19
  • athenian garland mundoscope.jpg
    athenian garland mundoscope.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 20

Arena

...continued

And just to humor you a bit, since you are interested in those places... but probably will never move there like you yourself said :)

Birmingham, UK does not offer any angular planet at all for you in the mundoscope.

Boston, USA offers a mundoscope where your Saturn-Uranus conjunction comes tightly to the DSC angle. So that Moon-Saturn aspect becomes very important, as well as the symbolism of both Saturn (restrictive&depressing) and Uranus (reformative&independent&ever-changing&freedom oriented).

SATURN-URANUS (Keyword: TENSION)
These individuals cannot stand to be proven human! They are often resistant to most sharing relationships, or involvements on a reciprocative basis. Their endurance to adverse conditions is remarkable. The need for personal autonomy dominates them. [ADD: Cantankerous obstinacy, but not necessarily confrontative about it. Once their life is on a particular course, it tends to run itself out on that particular course.] (See Garth Allen below for this.)

GARTH ALLEN wrote:
An inability to fully participate in a common sharing of interests, enthusiasm, or objective, is traceable to Saturn-Uranus vibrations. There is a retarding of the capacity to yield to outside pressure, a not daring to show one's weaknesses of either the flesh or the mind, which is why the native often has a virtue complex and hates to be caught off guard and proven to be human like everybody else. Because its keywords range from "rigid self-centeredness" to "emotional restraint" and "antisentimentalism," Saturn-Uranus represents Freedom From Surrender. In a sense, then, such a combination is historically if not socially constructive - it creating that kind of endurance, self-respect, and resistance to mass hysteria which oppressive powers have never been able to quell for long. These people may cringe at the thought of kissing grandma goodbye, but are in there swinging when somebody else offends the old gal.

In San Fransisco (close to Sosalito) your only foreground planet would become Jupiter, but it would be almost 5° from the ASC.
Jupiter is great to have foreground. And you would be rid of the Pluto angular effect.

Brisbane, Australia offers no angular planet within 5° orb, but it does show Mars 6° from the relocated ASC.

Arena

And for the fun of it, I post some world maps, where you can actually see where your angularity lines lie - given that you have your exact correct birth time. I also found a good relocating spot for you, it is somewhere close to Vancouver, Canada where you would have Jupiter, the great benefic, within 1° orb of your relocated ASC and you would have Sun very close to your Vx/Ax axis. I post the mundoscope for Vancouver for you to see as well.

Attachments

• athenian world angularity.jpg
    athenian world angularity.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 25
  • athenian USA angularity.jpg
    athenian USA angularity.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 26
  • athenian Vancouver, Canada.jpg
    athenian Vancouver, Canada.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 28

waybread

One thing you might look at are the planetary maps at Astrodiesnt. www.astro.com. Call up your data. Under their "special charts" section, click on "North America." See whether other locations seem to favour the parts of your like you'd most like to develop. I think this map is interactive, but if not, their "Astro-click travel" map is.

athenian200

Very interesting, I've never heard of Mundoscopes before. That is definitely a new technique with a lot of nuance that I've never seen before. I'll have to look into that a bit more.

I have played around with AstroClick travel before, but I find that it's hard to gain a sense of the whole chart influence on one area from looking at just one line.

Thank you both for your advice.

waybread

Think about what you want in a new location. If it is a feeling of home, see if Jupiter or moon/IC falls on the US. If you want career growth, see if a line with your MC in it looks favourable. Not all of your lines will fall in the US, but check out the ones that do, once you clarify what you want in a new location.

athenian200

Think about what you want in a new location. If it is a feeling of home, see if Jupiter or moon/IC falls on the US. If you want career growth, see if a line with your MC in it looks favourable. Not all of your lines will fall in the US, but check out the ones that do, once you clarify what you want in a new location.

Well, I'm specifically looking for a good location to go to college. You see, Texas has this new law about allowing people to carry guns into campus buildings, and I'm a little afraid to go to school now because of it. Teachers and students are legally allowed to go to class packing heat now. I can attend Community College until 2017, when the law will apply there as well. There's a possibility that I'll give up on school altogether over this.

Where in the chart should I be looking, if I'm looking for a more pleasant academic environment in which to study Computer Science? I'm trying to figure out if I should leave the state to go to a public university elsewhere, or else just stay here and try to find a private school that won't allow the guns on campus.

What I don't like about Texas is mostly the gun thing, but also the fact that the buildings are really ugly, the campuses are always a maze, everything is always in a state of disrepair or construction, and the teachers and tutors are always rather surly and unhelpful when you ask questions.

Last edited:

waybread

In which case, your best bet would be to focus on your 9th house, which rules higher education and the law as a field of study. Oh, and maybe check out the state's gun laws before you apply anywhere.

athenian200

In which case, your best bet would be to focus on your 9th house, which rules higher education and the law as a field of study. Oh, and maybe check out the state's gun laws before you apply anywhere.

I've lived here for years, and I started school before the gun laws went into effect. It's really quite unfair, because I won't be able to get in-state tuition anywhere else until I live there for about a year...

My chart for Garland has Mars in the 9th house, and I have fears of violence on a college campus because of a new law in Texas. It's amazing how well that lines up with my situation.

Well, the Boston chart puts Aquarius on the 9th house cusp, which might be good for Computer Science, although there's no planets there to back it up.

The Sausalito chart puts Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune in the 9th house, and I'm hoping that Saturn might bring discipline and structure to my studies, while Uranus might be helpful for innovative thinking.

The Birmingham chart puts Jupiter in the 9th house, which is always a nice thing to have. Jupiter is opposing Pluto, though.

Finally, the Brisbane chart puts the Moon in the 9th house, and my Moon has trines from Mars and Venus which could make it potentially helpful. There is that opposition from my Sun and Mercury, though.

Which of those scenarios seems best? Boston and Sausalito would be more reasonable possibilities, but Birmingham and Brisbane seem to have better 9th house placements to the point that it's hard to ignore them.

Arena

To choose a good place to study, you would choose to have Mercury angular... but that is not possible for you in the USA. So if you want to stay in the USA, you would then look into a location that is beneficial to you otherwise, like having the benefics or the Sun angular so that the location feels good to you, because when you have the benefics with you, then you will have better chance at succeeding.

So choosing a location where Jupiter is helpful would be a good option. It is great in Vancouver, but it is also angular close to Seattle and close to LA as well.

athenian200

To choose a good place to study, you would choose to have Mercury angular... but that is not possible for you in the USA. So if you want to stay in the USA, you would then look into a location that is beneficial to you otherwise, like having the benefics or the Sun angular so that the location feels good to you, because when you have the benefics with you, then you will have better chance at succeeding.

So choosing a location where Jupiter is helpful would be a good option. It is great in Vancouver, but it is also angular close to Seattle and close to LA as well.

Actually, looking at my Mercury lines was very disappointing. Not only are they not in the US, they all stop just short of being in reasonably well-inhabited English speaking countries. There's one that goes through Yukon territory, and another that goes through Western Australia, but those are the kind of places that don't have colleges.

The rest of them go through areas where English isn't the language of instruction. There's a nice line through Santarem, Brazil, and another good one through Oulu, Finland. A decent one though Harbin, China, and Daveo, Phillipines. So frustrating, tons of great Computer Science and technical universities along those lines, a few of the top in their respective countries... and none of them speak English. LOL.

I guess that means Seattle or Vancouver is actually the best choice by Mundoscope standards for the US and Canada. Unless I want to stay in some small town in the Yukon territory and take online classes.

Last edited:

waybread

Athenian, maybe just take a deep breath and count to ten on the gun issue. University shootings have been going on for years independently of gun laws. A choice of university should depend on the strength of the department you have chosen for your major field. You may be eligible for scholarships or assistantships in another state. Once you've narrowed down your choices based on the program offerings, then look at locations.

Frankly I'd be more worried about my personal safety in a campus in a high-crime area.

athenian200

Athenian, maybe just take a deep breath and count to ten on the gun issue. University shootings have been going on for years independently of gun laws. A choice of university should depend on the strength of the department you have chosen for your major field. You may be eligible for scholarships or assistantships in another state. Once you've narrowed down your choices based on the program offerings, then look at locations.

Frankly I'd be more worried about my personal safety in a campus in a high-crime area.

Well, the safest campus in the area is the private university. Surprisingly, the community college also has a lower crime rate than the University I got into, so it's probably a good thing I'm leaving it anyway, by that statistic. I always felt safe on the CC campus, and they had police officers everywhere... apparently they're keeping it safe somehow.

If I stay in Texas, a private school is my best option. The in-state tuition really isn't that great a deal, and a private college is only a few hundred dollars per semester more expensive. I didn't consider it at first since it's a Methodist university, but apparently you don't have to be a Methodist to go there, and they do have a decent Computer Science program.

A few hundred dollars extra to be in a neighborhood where I'm less likely to get shot sounds like a pretty good deal, honestly. Having less college debt doesn't mean much if you're dead.

The best colleges for Computer Science are in California and Washington State, within the US. Also some good ones back east. The best school in this state is in Austin, but it wouldn't be much easier for me to go to Austin than to another state, and it's an insanely selective school.

Last edited:

Arena

Depends what you are looking for?
Are you looking for love, friends/social, success in career, money?
You look for places with benefics on the angles, you see the lines on the map around places where they fall on your angles, then you can cast relocated charts in those areas and cast mundoscopes to see how angular they are.

Luminaries on angles can also be benefic if they are not aspected by malefics.

theV

Depends what you are looking for?
Are you looking for love, friends/social, success in career, money?
You look for places with benefics on the angles, you see the lines on the map around places where they fall on your angles, then you can cast relocated charts in those areas and cast mundoscopes to see how angular they are.

Luminaries on angles can also be benefic if they are not aspected by malefics.

I am amatur-ish with astrolocality. The place I am living in has been proving troublesome with mars conjunct north node in IC. I am repressed by the cultural believes. I try to find a place where I can find peace the most more than money or love.

I noticed the eastern part of the world is beneficial for career. In Australia and Japan, I have sun/venus/mc.

For love, San Francisco seems like the right spot with Sun/Venus/Dsc.

I have always been influenced by America; I always wanted to relocate their.