Venus in aquarius: keep them away from me!

Venusinlibra

I have had a lot of Venus in Aquarius men in my life, starting by my own father. Their Venus fall in my 7th house, many times conjunct my saturn, square my neptune (4th) and trine my own Venus in Libra (3th). And its ALWAYS a catastrophe! It kills my self esteem, makes me feel a fool and awakes a lot of past issues. At first they always behave in the most flattering manner, telling me how smart and pretty I am. Then they start to dream and make plans on the amazingly happy and exciting life we are going to live together. They offer irrecusable proposals, and then when I agree, they start to postpone and when I ask why, they acuse me of being too demanding and disapear. They simply disapear, in total disregard of what we had. At least now I finally learned that its not something "wrong" I did that killed the realtionship.
People say Venus in Aquarius have a special, unpersonal kind of love, but I think they easily develop a serius personallity trait, due to their need to receive without giving. In order to be loved without giving love in return, they will lie with no regrets at all. Does anyone feel the same as me?

miquar

Hi Venus in Libra. Its possible that the people about whom you have talked also carry the same 'Venus in air aspecting Saturn and Neptune' kind of energy that you have. When Saturn and Neptune both aspect a personal planet, then that planet is torn between the need for stability, predictability and formality of Saturn, and the wistful idealism and yearning for paradise of Neptune.

Venus Saturn aspects suggest inhibition of self-love, and often a need for secure relationships as a way of avoiding fully experiencing an underlying sense of lack of self-worth. Or they may choose isolation and self-sufficiency as a safer bet. Venus-Neptune often thirsts for the love that will redeem all of one's pain and isolation, but because no relationship can ever fully do that, disillusionment sets in sooner or later and then one is left alone outside the gates of paradise again.

If the people you have encountered have similar aspects in their charts, then they may initially see you as the one who can save them from their loneliness and set about formalising the arrangement in order to stabilise it. But once it becomes apparent to them that they are in a real life situation requiring commitment and effort, then the Neptunian bubble bursts and they start to feel the painful feelings again. And Aquarius doesn't want to be within miles of painful feelings, generally.

But I guess what's important is your dynamic and what this all means for your growth. My guess is that if you can explore the fears and hopes around Venus issues (your sense of your own femininity, your view of what makes life beautiful and worthwhile, your sense of self-worth and resourcefulness, your relationship needs, etc) then you will be less likely to experience similar roller-coaster relationships in the future.

I hope this helpful. Feedback always welcome, and I'm happy to post more if it feels useful to you.

AriScoPis87

@Venusinlibra,

I was wondering if you've looked at your Solar Return chart and Progressed Chart too. Compare them to your natal chart and see what aspects you have and then compared the Solar & Progressive of these Venus in Aqua men. This can actually point to the issues you currently could be coming up against these men and why it's driving you to feel this way.

Make sure to look for aspects of Venus in the Solar Return with Vertex and the North Nodes Moon.

Also look at this link from CafeAstrology to help you better investigate these situations with Venus Return in the Solar Return Chart next to your Natal Chart. http://cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/predictingloverelationships.html

Also one more thought that occurred to me: Check these men's Chiron and see what aspects it makes to your natal chart. Then check your Chiron to their chart and see what aspects it makes. If your Chiron falls on their Moon, then that could be one reason why they departed. The moon being activated by Chiron from another chart can in fact either scare the Moon person, heal them and move on, or stay because of the intensity the Chiron brings. This is very true when it makes a conjunct to each other in aspects for synastry. It's more powerful if the person with the Moon as the exact same Chiron sign.

Last edited:

Venusinlibra

Hi Venus in Libra. Its possible that the people about whom you have talked also carry the same 'Venus in air aspecting Saturn and Neptune' kind of energy that you have. When Saturn and Neptune both aspect a personal planet, then that planet is torn between the need for stability, predictability and formality of Saturn, and the wistful idealism and yearning for paradise of Neptune.

Venus Saturn aspects suggest inhibition of self-love, and often a need for secure relationships as a way of avoiding fully experiencing an underlying sense of lack of self-worth. Or they may choose isolation and self-sufficiency as a safer bet. Venus-Neptune often thirsts for the love that will redeem all of one's pain and isolation, but because no relationship can ever fully do that, disillusionment sets in sooner or later and then one is left alone outside the gates of paradise again.

If the people you have encountered have similar aspects in their charts, then they may initially see you as the one who can save them from their loneliness and set about formalising the arrangement in order to stabilise it. But once it becomes apparent to them that they are in a real life situation requiring commitment and effort, then the Neptunian bubble bursts and they start to feel the painful feelings again. And Aquarius doesn't want to be within miles of painful feelings, generally.

But I guess what's important is your dynamic and what this all means for your growth. My guess is that if you can explore the fears and hopes around Venus issues (your sense of your own femininity, your view of what makes life beautiful and worthwhile, your sense of self-worth and resourcefulness, your relationship needs, etc) then you will be less likely to experience similar roller-coaster relationships in the future.

I hope this helpful. Feedback always welcome, and I'm happy to post more if it feels useful to you.

Hi Miquar, thank you for answering.
Actually, my Venus in Libra receives one aspect only, though its a very powerful and not so good one: it squares my moon conjunct asc. in Cancer. It explains why I feel atracted for men that dont fulfill my need for safety or intimacy. My venus and my moon, they have a lot discordant opinions about what is good for me!

Half of the boyfriends I had were venus in aquarius types. Besides the reasons I mentioned - their venus falling in my 7th, trine my venus and so on - there´s also the fact that my sun is conjunct uranus, which gives me a certain "aquarian color" that seems to be atractive to them at first.

And when it comes to dating a man that suits my moon, there´s no excitement at all. They fail in pleasing my venus... I must admit I consider them to be too passive, even feminine to my taste, which is unfair, but who said life is fair game?

However, the last "venus in aquarius" had a few more indications in his birth map pointing to a person that does not easily fit in any lasting, close relationship. He has moon and sun in sagitarius, his moon square pluto and uranus in conjunction. Venus and mars are almost in conjunction in his 3th - sex for him is a lot about talking, and also he has neptune conjunct asc. in scorpio, both in exact trine to my moon and asc. in cancer.

So, I think the whole afair was meant to be about dreaming and telling, and nothing more. We met online, "dated" for almost 18 months, and when I started to feel uneasy about his always postponed promises of a real encounter - we live in opposite hemispheres - he became rude and cold and we came to an end.

They say Venus in Aquarius always look at their lovers as friends, but the way he behave to me was not friendly at all, and this is something I had experienced before with my former venus in aquarius boyfriends. They always bring the end in the most cold and unconsiderate manner, without any care for my feelings or needs, and disapear at once. I must add most of them tried to aproach me again years later, and we keep some kind of friendly relationship, since I try not to show how badly I was hurt.

Venusinlibra

@Venusinlibra,

I was wondering if you've looked at your Solar Return chart and Progressed Chart too. Compare them to your natal chart and see what aspects you have and then compared the Solar & Progressive of these Venus in Aqua men. This can actually point to the issues you currently could be coming up against these men and why it's driving you to feel this way.

Make sure to look for aspects of Venus in the Solar Return with Vertex and the North Nodes Moon.

Also look at this link from CafeAstrology to help you better investigate these situations with Venus Return in the Solar Return Chart next to your Natal Chart. http://cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/predictingloverelationships.html

Also one more thought that occurred to me: Check these men's Chiron and see what aspects it makes to your natal chart. Then check your Chiron to their chart and see what aspects it makes. If your Chiron falls on their Moon, then that could be one reason why they departed. The moon being activated by Chiron from another chart can in fact either scare the Moon person, heal them and move on, or stay because of the intensity the Chiron brings. This is very true when it makes a conjunct to each other in aspects for synastry. It's more powerful if the person with the Moon as the exact same Chiron sign.

Hi AriScoPis87, thank you for answering!
Yes, my progressed Sun was conjunct Venus at the point we met, and now that we broke it is my progressed Uranus conjunct Venus, since Sun and Uranus are only one degree apart in my birth chart. So I think the sun brougth him and Uranus is taking him away. Also transiting Saturn is about to conjunct natal Venus, and it often brings a relationship to an end.

Now that you mentioned, his chiron falling in my 8th trine my moon (that is in my 12th, 2 degrees before the asc.) Also, my vertex conjunct his 4th cusp, and his Lilith exactly trine my Venus.

During some time, I really trusted his chiron would heal my feelings of rejection, but its seems I was wrong, isnt?

However, thank you very much for "listening" and bring some more ligth on the subject. :)

AriScoPis87

Hi AriScoPis87, thank you for answering!
Yes, my progressed Sun was conjunct Venus at the point we met, and now that we broke it is my progressed Uranus conjunct Venus, since Sun and Uranus are only one degree apart in my birth chart. So I think the sun brougth him and Uranus is taking him away. Also transiting Saturn is about to conjunct natal Venus, and it often brings a relationship to an end.
Well I'm not sure what aspect it made to Uranus, but you should check out some of the cool stuff on the other progressed charts aspects to the natal chart: http://cafeastrology.com/progressedplanetsaspects.html

Now that you mentioned, his chiron falling in my 8th trine my moon (that is in my 12th, 2 degrees before the asc.) Also, my vertex conjunct his 4th cusp, and his Lilith exactly trine my Venus.

During some time, I really trusted his chiron would heal my feelings of rejection, but its seems I was wrong, isnt?
We all encounter that one person who falls on our chiron and vertex, which can cause a very distinctive encounter and one we don't forget; even if it's short lived. But we grow and move on from it on our own time frame. It just takes someone else who is going to fall on those aspects, but also on your Juno, Venus, and Moon probably.

However, thank you very much for "listening" and bring some more light on the subject. :)
It's not a problem. I'm good at seeing from outside the situation in astrological terms all the time, even offline in the real world lol so its also cool that I can pass on wisdom of the good natured teachers that astrology brings to situations. For this helps another lighten their load and find peace in a situation too.

I hope you find a guy that brings you what your Chiron and Moon need. That man will be good for you when it trines both :smile:

miquar

Hi Venusinlibra. Thanks for the feedback. Yes I was assuming quite a lot about your chart from your post. Could you maybe put up your chart if you'd like any more comment.

synastry is a complex business and we are all visual people here....

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately.

In synastry I use tight orbs and view aspects between one person's outer planets to the other person's inner planets as being "karmic connections"......usually with the outer planet person doing the teaching and the inner planet person doing the learning.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/synastry/ascendant.html
http://astrologyfiles.com/free-horoscope-matching/
http://www.skyviewzone.com/lovematch/sunsynastryhouse.htm

relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

Unfortunately, there is no set formula or signature for marriage or childbirth, although others may disagree, apparently horary and vedic seem confident in this area. There are indicators and potential as there would be with natal, solar return chart but guarantees -- (post 2 & 3 below)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207744#post207744

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I have a Venus in Scorpio and I get along well with Venus in aquarius people. I always give them their adequate space and they come around. As long as they don't feel smothered and pressured, they will return but that's just my take. Of course I'm a libra so I'm good at being distant when need be

Venusinlibra

I have a Venus in Scorpio and I get along well with Venus in aquarius people. I always give them their adequate space and they come around. As long as they don't feel smothered and pressured, they will return but that's just my take. Of course I'm a libra so I'm good at being distant when need be

Hi dear, thank you...
Would you mind telling where is your moon located?

fullmoonlibra

I also know a lot of men with venus in aquarius.
And it really is not a good thing to have them as a lover!
It totally doesn't match with my venus in taurus, but it affects my aquarius in 7th.
My brother has it too and many girls loves his independent attitude.
There was a time that he chased a girl. When I asked why (because he didn't seem to be in love) he said that he couldn't get her know from distance and that he just must try if he will like her or not. And after a long time the girl gave him the attention he 'earned', believing that 'this guy must really love me, if he chases me like this'. But short after that my brother escaped... She was too easy was his reason :annoyed: ...

Venusinlibra

I also know a lot of men with venus in aquarius.
And it really is not a good thing to have them as a lover!
It totally doesn't match with my venus in taurus, but it affects my aquarius in 7th.
My brother has it too and many girls loves his independent attitude.
There was a time that he chased a girl. When I asked why (because he didn't seem to be in love) he said that he couldn't get her know from distance and that he just must try if he will like her or not. And after a long time the girl gave him the attention he 'earned', believing that 'this guy must really love me, if he chases me like this'. But short after that my brother escaped... She was too easy was his reason :annoyed: ...

My god! It sounds like a sun in sagitarius to me... The hunter... Just like my last venusinaquarius guy...
About the independent thing: I believe I allow a lot of freedom to my boyfriends. I dont mind they have other friends at all, I dont mind they have their interests apart of me - I even like it, because I apreciate this kind of freedom also. Im not so into the "sexual comitment" also, I can handle well the feeling they feel atract to others also.
Anyway, it seems not to be enough for them. Maybe the simple fact of being in a relationship feels restrictive to them, or maybe, just like your brother, they think Im "too easy" in the sense I dont like to figth or disguise my desires. It seems there´s no way to suceed with them.

Claire19

I have had a lot of Venus in Aquarius men in my life, starting by my own father. Their Venus fall in my 7th house, many times conjunct my saturn, square my neptune (4th) and trine my own Venus in Libra (3th). And its ALWAYS a catastrophe! It kills my self esteem, makes me feel a fool and awakes a lot of past issues. At first they always behave in the most flattering manner, telling me how smart and pretty I am. Then they start to dream and make plans on the amazingly happy and exciting life we are going to live together. They offer irrecusable proposals, and then when I agree, they start to postpone and when I ask why, they acuse me of being too demanding and disapear. They simply disapear, in total disregard of what we had. At least now I finally learned that its not something "wrong" I did that killed the realtionship.
People say Venus in Aquarius have a special, unpersonal kind of love, but I think they easily develop a serius personallity trait, due to their need to receive without giving. In order to be loved without giving love in return, they will lie with no regrets at all. Does anyone feel the same as me?
I am a Venus in Libra woman with a Venus in Aquarius father. I also have had Venus in Aquarius men. I think it leads to a rather detached and friendly attitude rather. THey can be quite kinky and unconventional if other aspects indicate that....THey may harbour a castration complex and dont like to get too intimate. They can be a like all, love none kind of people and can be drawn to clubs, group associations especially to those dealing with human rights such as unions and rallies.. They can be quite magnetic and charming and it makes for a general popularity if well aspected.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean about Venus in Aquarius men, and my father is one too. Hot and cold is an understatement, one minute they're intimate and loving, the next they're detached and acting as if you mean nothing to them. However, if you realise that their love nature is erratic, and are able to not take it personally and give them the space that they need, it normally shouldn't be a problem. If you try to cling and constantly question their behaviour then they'll look for the escape exit. Personally I find detachment a big turn on, but that's probably my masochistic moon in Scorpio talking. :wink: Also my chart is mostly air, so I can be detached myself and it doesn't bother me that much when it comes to others.

I think that someone with a Moon and ascendant in cancer would find it difficult to deal with the detatchment of a Venus Aquarian. Also, do you think on some level you might be attracted to these men because they remind you of your father?

Venusinlibra

I know exactly what you mean about Venus in Aquarius men, and my father is one too. Hot and cold is an understatement, one minute they're intimate and loving, the next they're detached and acting as if you mean nothing to them. However, if you realise that their love nature is erratic, and are able to not take it personally and give them the space that they need, it normally shouldn't be a problem. If you try to cling and constantly question their behaviour then they'll look for the escape exit. Personally I find detachment a big turn on, but that's probably my masochistic moon in Scorpio talking. :wink: Also my chart is mostly air, so I can be detached myself and it doesn't bother me that much when it comes to others.

I think that someone with a Moon and ascendant in cancer would find it difficult to deal with the detatchment of a Venus Aquarian. Also, do you think on some level you might be attracted to these men because they remind you of your father?

Hi, Cor Serpentis
I wouldnt say "remind" is the most accurate definition... I had a LOT of issues with my father, begining with the fact he never really behaved as a father and was never there when nedeed, so why would I look for the same in my boyfriends? Anyway, therapists always say we naturally look for what is familiar to us, so maybe coldness and unconsideration to my feelings is something Im familiar to. But it hurts...
Its intriguing that I believe I give them a lot more freedom them moslty women would, since I have some aquarian tone: uranus is conjunct my sun, and saturn in aquarius is the ruller of my 7th and its placed there. Actually, most of my 7th is occupied by sign aquarius, though the cusp is in capricorn. On the other hand, this saturn of mine many times falls over their venus or sun, producing its well known restrictive effect... I dont know... Its so hard to deal with rejection, especially to a moon and asc. in cancer, and trust me, they know how to REJECT as person. Sudenly its like they deeply despise you, or like youre no more than a stranger they briefly stumbled on street. I think many of them feel resented towards you not for something you really did, but only because they feel attached and they dislike it.