Progressed Natal Charts

divine g

Banned
You've obviously got some Cancer traits being that you're so sensitive about the issue..

And guess what, Im a Gemini who's recently progressed to Cancer, so I know..

And the Progressed chart is only temporary, it's not the end of the world

Last edited:

HeyPlayGirl

i think progressions are influential like really long transits haah but not the only chart you should identify with, i mean the skeleton of it all is your birth chart and that never changes. i am gonna go see what my progressed ascendant is right now..

I don't know of their importance for Predictions, as I don't know Astrological Predictions, but I have read people saying that we are our Progressed Natal Chart, and I don't agree with that statement at all. I should be then a Cancer Sun by now. If it was another sign I didn't know well, I might even doubt, but I know Cancers and I know I am not a Cancer.

Reading that theory, I felt forced to think in which way I could be a Cancer, and I came to the conclusion that I could by now have learnt the Cancer lesson I can learn as a Gemini. But that would be all, I could never become such a different person!

Have you got some thoughts about this? :)

divine g

Banned
Ok, I just recently got into progressions, and it definitely filled in the gaps of certain astrological anomalies, I'll give some examples.

1. My recent ex was born Pisces, with Cancer Moon, and Scorpio asc. Water trine shows a pretty emotional person right? You would think our breakup would have her pretty emotional for a while, but she bounced back before me. Why?

Her sun progressed to Aries, her ASC is now Sage, and her moon is now Taurus. Aries is a go-getter, Sage is a party animal, Taurus is focused on money, and sure enough, she now is a club promoter, promoting her self everywhere, and having a "blast" every weekend.

2. Now me, I'm a Gemini, Leo Asc, Capricorn moon, you would think I would be the one who would get over it first right? But no, my sun progressed to Cancer, so I like to be home alot. As soon as it changed signs, you could see the difference. I hate going to clubs, etc so now me and ex have nothing in common. You would think my Leo asc would love to be out there partying, and being seen, but no, my asc is now Virgo, so Im just more grounded and down to earth, and health conscious, completely opposed to her (natal) Piscean escapist tendencies through alcohol.(So you see, her Pisces sun didnt disappear, it's just being outshined by her progressed Aries sun now. It's still there, just channelled differently).

Our Asc are also square, Sage says "let's party"(literally.), Virgo says "I have to get down to work". As for my Capricorn moon, which is pretty cold emotionally, it just turned into a Pisces moon, so now I'm the one emotional about the end of our relationship.

So now, if we were stuck on natal suns, and I asked you guys why am I, the Gemini emotional about the breakup, and not the Pisces, you'd all be confused. But as I've studied our progressed charts it all makes sense.

Think about it, have you ever met someone, or been with someone, and they changed over time? Sometimes becoming a totally different person overnight? Blame it on a progression. I can pinpoint exactly when she started acting differently, it was the day her Aries moon changed to Taurus. Before that, she had NEVER expressed ANY interest in going to clubs, and we spent all our time together at my house, cooking, doing movies etc. And LITERALLY, overnight, Venus took over her, and she felt the need to dress more feminine, and attract attention, and is now in love with the nightlife.

These are just a couple of examples, I also have my dad, who I've hated my whole life, is all of a sudden the nicest, most compassionate man I know. He was always so cold(he's also a Cap moon), but his moon is now temporarily progressed to Pisces, so that explains it. If I hadnt known about progressions, I would think he's up to something.

I like how Heyplaygirl put it, progressions are like really long transits. Im learning more and more that Sun sign astrology is just the tip of the iceberg, and can sometimes be WAY off, that's why many dont believe in astrology. If they knew about progressions however, it would be a whole different story...

LibraScorpion91

I don't know of their importance for Predictions, as I don't know Astrological Predictions, but I have read people saying that we are our Progressed Natal Chart, and I don't agree with that statement at all. I should be then a Cancer Sun by now. If it was another sign I didn't know well, I might even doubt, but I know Cancers and I know I am not a Cancer.

Reading that theory, I felt forced to think in which way I could be a Cancer, and I came to the conclusion that I could by now have learnt the Cancer lesson I can learn as a Gemini. But that would be all, I could never become such a different person!

Haizea, i totally see your point. In 4 years my Moon is supposed to progress into Aqua, meaning i'll be able to emotionally detach from things. I could never see that, i'm too passionate from all the Scorp, EVERYTHING effects me emotionally, in either a negative or positive way. Currently my moon has progressed from Aries to Sag, and as far as my Moon goes, it's very Arian, there really is nothing "Sagittarian" about me. My Aries Sun sis and i share some astrological characteristics, but my Arian charcateristics are emotionally driven, which she eschews, due to her own Cappy Moon. Out of all the confusing and conflicting placements in my chart, my Mercury in Scorpio makes complete sense. I'm so sharp-tongued when i'm fired up and passionate about something, and i channel my passion best verbally. It's firey, but it's that Scorpio type of fire, for sure (Which would be watery, but whatever!). I think and communicate like a Scorpio, because my mercury IS in Scorpio.

As far as my sun progressing in Scorpio, that part kind of makes sense in a way, because i feel sooooo tied to the sign of Scorpio in a very personal way. But, Libra is still there, just washed out kind of, so in essence i still feel like a Libra Sun. I always figured that Scorpio is so strong in me because of the TYPE of placements i have. I think (Mercury), act (Mars) look and project (ascendant), like a Scorpio. Plus having Pluto, Scorp's natural ruler in Scorp too, this would make Scorpion (Plutonian) energy VERY prevelent and strong in my chart. Plus, all the "lovely" little apects and conjunctions tying my sun to all my Scorp placements, add to that feeling i think, as well. Hence my name, "LibraScorpion"... what, you think i named myself that for nothin'? :bandit:

My mom is turning 55 in october, so by now her sun should be in Scorpio or Sagittarius. I gotta tell you, there is NOT one thing that is "Scorpionic" or "Sagittarian" about her, she's Libra all the way! I don't know her birth time, so i don't know her "true" birth chart, but from the one i did, it said that her Asc is in Sagittarius. This makes sense, because she can be active when she wants to be. I couldn't see her sun in sag, because she's way too libra, but asc, adding to her sun, i could see. Underneath it all, she's still as lazy as your average Libra! :biggrin: She is very cheery, but it's in that libran way, kind of innocent, like a kid, Sag in the Asc maybe bringing that cheery nature to the forefront. Believe me, BOTH my grandparents on my mom's side are Sagittarians, my grandmother on my father's side is a Sag, my uncle on my mom's side, and my cousin is a Sag. I KNOW Sagittarians. LOL! :pinched:

"Think about it, have you ever met someone, or been with someone, and they changed over time? Sometimes becoming a totally different person overnight? Blame it on a progression."

I usually blame that on personal growth. The person changed, but those natal birth placements just changed the way it EFFECTS that person, depending on the stage of life this person is in, but the basic astrological characteristics are usually the same. I'll always be an intense, passionate, firey little "LibraScorpion", with Aries "Adding fuel to the fire", as they say. Over time, i might still be prone to vengeful behavior, but it might not be as important to me. Pluto might be more focused on "Regeneration", instead of destruction, maybe allowing me to channel it's energy into something positive, rather than negative. I Feel that God placed every planet in a certain sign for a reason, and that every planet poses it's own challenge in every stage of our lives, thus allowing us to grow and change for the better.

LibraScorpion91

Yes, LibraScorpion91, thinking of our elder relatives is easy to see that our Charts don't progress in such a way. In my family there are also several Sag Elders (my father, and my aunt and uncle, who I've always been closed to). Of course people change in time; my mother (Scorpio) always says that she was very very shy when she was young, and now is very open and sociable. That is something most people do, and especially if you are always surrounded by three Sags who are not shy at all and can say all types of disparates. :biggrin:

Yeah, my grandma is a die-hard Sagittarian. She fits the Sagittarian description perfectly, and she ALWAYS has been this way. My grandpa too, he was a sagi up until the day he died, and NO ONE would be able to tell him any different if he were alive today. My mom is a total Libra (WAYYY more of a Libra than me), nothing else comes close to describing her, as she has a good bit of Libra in her chart. To me, either you identify with your Sun or you don't, if you don't, you get a BIRTH chart done to find out what other influences you have. I really think it comes down to what YOU think describes you best. For me, the blending of Libra AND Scorpio fits me perfectly. As far as my Moon goes, it's Aries all the way. To others... like you, you seem to identify with with Gemini best, and you should go with that. If there's one thing i've learned about astrology, it's that you should NEVER complicate things as far as what you identify with. Go with what you feel. :wink:

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html

divine g

Banned
In 4 years my Moon is supposed to progress into Aqua, meaning i'll be able to emotionally detach from things. I could never see that, i'm too passionate from all the Scorp, EVERYTHING effects me emotionally, in either a negative or positive way.

LibranScorpio, It's not so much that you won't care anymore, but in 4years, you're sure to know more about yourself, and what sets you off, esp. if you're studying astrology. Yes, you're underlying intense nature won't change, but hopefully you'll progress to a point where you can handle it better.

I'm sure there are some things now that used to bother you, but don't really as much. As for the future, let's just say you really CANT STAND a particular show on TV, instead of sitting there hating it, you'll just turn it off. Hate a particular song, change the station. Hate a particular person? Avoid them like the plague. All Im saying is, in time you'll find different coping mechanisms to deal with your intensity. The first step is to know exactly what ticks you off, and avoid it. You may still feel intensely about it, but you'll be able to detach yourself emotionally from it, the more you can distance yourself physically and/or mentally from it. That's what progressions are about, moving on.

e.g. My moon JUST progressed to Pisces yesterday, so Im starting to have a little bit more compassion. I used to hate when anyone in the forum disagreed with me, reflecting a detached, intellectual Aqua moon. But it's starting not to bother me as much, you get used to it after a while, and I deal with it better knowing there are people out there with problems worse than mine. Going through a detached Aquarian moon phase didnt allow me to empathize with people emotionally, but that's my next step in progressions. And in a couple of years, who knows, when I progress to Aries, I may be tired of feeling other people's emotions, and start looking out for number one again. It's all a cycle, it makes sense when you reall think about it..

dreamtimez

Very interesting discussion.

I have been studying my Progressed chart ... and it amazes me that important changes happen with the progress of the Moon. I started my first job when the Progressed Moon stood at the 10th house cusp ! Now my Progressed Moon is about to conjoin my natal Jupiter in the 2nd house ... looking forward to it ! :whistling:

Frisiangal

Haizea said:

I think the point behind progressions is that one's character undergoes another side of temperamental nature that then becomes fused with and part of one's character as well. You don't lose the natural Sun sign nature as another one takes over; you simply, though experience, add to it in another way. Some spend longer in signs than others. There must be something to that.:wink:

As an example: I'm a natal Sun in Taurus. Very stuck in my ways until the physical facts show other ways are possible. 30 years of progressed Sun in Gemini, people I met, situations I underwent, certainly helped my based on facts natal 9th house Sun to learn and understand that 'things change; nothing stays the same forever'. I started questioning everything that happened for its factual value (e.g. imagine my Religious Instruction teacher's reaction!) and became more inquisitive about life (admittedly I have a strong Mercury:biggrin:).

Around my 37th-38th year, yet preceding my Uranus in Gemini opposition, progressed Sun moved into Cancer. I have a strong Earth/Air chart with only one planet in water, so am not 'emotionally-minded' as such. I underwent circumstances that brought out the feeling within me. I always say that Niagara was nothing complared to the feelings I shed during that time. The Gemini period helped me to question the why's and wherefore's of what feeling experiences, what happened, and then be able to put it in a rational and factual perspective. No point in lying to yourself when THAT happens. By the Uranus opposition I was studying astrology, which only then made any sense, and my whole idea 'about life' radically changed.

I hope I make it into Leo.:biggrin:

Frisiangal

dreamtimez

Around my 37th-38th year, yet preceding my Uranus in Gemini opposition, progressed Sun moved into Cancer. I have a strong Earth/Air chart with only one planet in water, so am not 'emotionally-minded' as such. I underwent circumstances that brought out the feeling within me. I always say that Niagara was nothing complared to the feelings I shed during that time. :biggrin: Frisiangal
Wait till the Progressed Moon comes into Scorpio ! That was the most difficult phase of my life ... emotionally ! Out of it now :biggrin: And I'm not an emotional person ... only a single planet in water !

It's a pity we can't advance faster! I am still at 24º Cancer, don't know how many years ago I started there.

This is very difficult...I was trying to know my Taurus Moon better and now it is supposed to be progressed in Sagittarius, such a different sign! :whistling: It must have been in Scorpio not too long ago, but I did not know it, so can't relate exactly how I experienced it there. :sad:

Progressed moons are similar (time frame wise) to :saturn:cos it takes 2 1/2years approx for both to get around the zodiac and every house.

http://cafeastrology.com/progressedmoonsigns.html

Just think of the elements, taurus wants stability and not to many changes and is stubborn, Saggi wants freedom excitement and action, scorpio wants deep and meaningful emotional experiences as do all water signs. Then you combine these with the houses they are going through and any planets they conj are the most powerful.

Frisiangal

dreamtimez said:
Wait till the Progressed Moon comes into Scorpio ! That was the most difficult phase of my life ... emotionally ! Out of it now :biggrin: And I'm not an emotional person ... only a single planet in water !

For me it was progressed Sun and progressed Moon into Cancer at the same time.:w00t:

Frisiangal