A couple of questions....

gesso

I was hoping someone might be able to help me understand a few things...

I have progressed venus squaring my neptune exact next year....
There are also some harsh lunar eclipses to my sun/moon opposition. Next year looks like a doozy...will be dealing with my saturn return..i have two hits, one in september and the next one in the summer. I will be going back to school, and getting a divorce over the next year.

Then, the following year, I will have progressed sun on my natal venus in the first :D, BUT at the same time, transiting saturn will be squaring my sun and moon. bleh..

I am curious what that could mean...having saturn on the sun moon midpoint like that..
I am also curious what it might mean to have lunar eclipses on and opposite my natal cancer moon in the 6th..
The progressed venus square neptune...can this aspect ever mean something good? Or does it seem like probably some love/hurt type situation?

My sun is ruler of my 7th....could a planet conjunct sun moon midpoint mean someone new in my life? Or will it just mean blockage maybe cause its saturn? Its sad to me that this aspect will be happening while progressed sun is on my venus, if it IS bad...

Last edited:

gesso

here is a link to my chart with natal inner, progressions middle wheel, and transits outer...
http://screencast.com/t/VfY1DLlP

just in case, my birth data
jan 2 1980
high prairie, alberta, canada
10 30 58am

my solar returns for the next two years look kind of crazy too....mayb ei can start a thread on them. South node is on my ac in the solar return chart for this next year. There is a 6th house focus...

waybread

Gesso, the thing about transits is that all your life you will have patterns of easy transits, hard transits, easy transits, hard transits, easy progressions, hard progressions, easy progressions, hard progressions........ So I think the question isn't so much, "Will this be a hard transit/progression?" as it is, "What personal resources and inner strengths do I bring to whatever life throws my way?"

In terms of what to expect more specifically, if your progressed Venus is to make an exact square to your natal Neptune, chances are you have already been feeling its effects this year. Neptune generally deals with our concepts of unreality and reality. When positively handled he gives a healthy spirituality or artistic ability: these are "realities" beyond ordinary material reality of day-to-day life. When poorly handled Neptune gives escapism, an unwillingness or inability to face facts, or even substance abuse.

With so many themes of concern to you, you might focus on key words relating to the different planetary energies and then think through how they might combine. For example, Venus rules relationships, money, a woman's femininity or a hetero man's idealized feminine, aesthetics, plus other things. More generally she is the energy of attraction. Then your houses will tell you where she operates; and the signs, in what manner or in what style.

With Venus natally in your first house, I would guess that most people find you attractive. With Neptune in your 10th house, you could be unrealistic about your career and public image, but hopefully you have put together a great career or public image (which occurs even for stay-at-home moms) that draws on your Neptunian strengths. So possibly as Venus progresses towards the square, you may have self-doubts (Neptune) as to how you present yourself (1st house Venus) in a more public (10th house) way.

I note that you were born in a relatively far northern latitude, which tends to skew your houses somewhat. You might play around with some additional house systems. For example, in an equal house system, your progressed Venus would be in your 2nd house of money, so you might keep a weather eye on your personal finances, and just try to be extra-realistic about them. With Venus square Neptune, you might be tempted to buy some things that you don't really need, for example.

Anyway, you can run a diagnostic like this on your other areas of concern. Just ask yourself, "What does this planet or sensitive point represent? Where does it operate (house) and in what manner (sign?)" Then do the same for the aspected planet/s or sensitive point/s, and look for issues in your life that seem to combine both meanings.

Then try to plan ahead. For example, Saturn is the opposite of Neptune--he is the king of practical, material, concrete reality. No matter how much we might wish 2+2=5, Saturn reminds us that it can only equal 4. Saturn's diagnostic is to show where we feel limited, inaequate, or frustrated. ("Bleh," indeed!) He may ask you to take a hard look at how you understand your identity (sun) and how you express your feelings (moon).

Well, if you think some hurt feelings might roll down the pike next year, then look for ways to be flexible, more open, willing to derive learning experiences even from painful emotions, and to affirm that your feelings nevertheless are real and legitimate. You might wish to write poetry or paint as a more structured, solitary (Saturn), and creative (cf. Neptune/Venus) way to express your feelings (moon).

With your Capricorn sun and Cancer moon, chances are you go through life with a head/heart dichotemy, so Saturn might ask you to take a closer look at how you synthesize them.

Another thing you might do is to look into your past when you had the same or similar transits and progressions. What happened to you then? A good free ephemeris for many years past and future is located at astrodienst www.astro.com .

Good luck with this, Gesso!

Great responses from Waybread here,

So here's my thoughts. Saturn conj Sun/moon midpoint may suggest a slow down and having to be more responsible, grown up and look to your duties while things slow down for you to examine them properly. Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, it's really trying to teach us about ourselves, it wants us to learn the Lessons, so they don't have to keep being repeated.... It just wants to 'test' what is of value to you. Being Capricorn sun this will be second nature anyway, Cappi are very concerned with status and what peopel think of them and anyone as well as everything has to be of 'value' to them or they usually get rid...

Your natal Neptune is in 11th house of friendships, so you will at times wear rose tinted glasses towards friends, look the other way, make sacrifices for them, then the prog venus square. As waybread said in Equal house will be in 2nd house of your values, how you earn your money and spend it. Venus in pisces is exalted and very sympathetic, caring, sacrificial. I think it's more of the same, and this has been going on gradually for years now anyway, so you should identify with what's happening.
Venus rules 4th and 9th is also an arena where these energies will play out. Maybe you will have a holiday romance and really enjoy the experience

Your natal sun in Equal house is also 12th house, the house of Pisces, so I would expect you to need some quiet, alone time and be a rather private person as well with it..

Also when looking at transits, look to what T mars is doing, cos that's the 'ignition key' for activating transits.