Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 07-27-2019, 01:09 AM

A strong Cancer theme in a male chart

Hello!

I'm a Gemini Sun but my chart is strongly Cancer dominated.

I think it makes me unattractive when it comes to women.

I think women are more attracted to Aries/Mars features and apperance.

What do you think?

Unread 07-27-2019, 04:10 PM

Re: A strong Cancer theme in a male chart

I think a relationship is about balancing each other. When you’re young, people may look for a particular type for the experience. But when it comes down to a serious relationship people learn that you need to both help balance each other or it can be a bit of a clash. What type of woman are you attracted to? Are you attracted to a water sign than a fire? It may be the case that an air dominant woman is out there looking for a water dominant man to help her get in touch with her emotions.

Last edited by or1000; 07-27-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Unread 07-27-2019, 05:04 PM

Smile Re: A strong Cancer theme in a male chart

As a Cancer rising with a moon conjunct sun in Aquarius, I would have a combo of Cancer and Aquarius in my natal chart. My dominant sign is Virgo with the triplicity of Mars, Jupiter and the Aquarian traditional ruler Saturn. And the ideal mate for me would be a Cancer sun (due to my ascendant), Virgo Saturn (the other sign ruler is Uranus), Sagittarius rising (better than my other air signs Gemini and Libra) or 12th house (compatible Pisces) and Aquarius moon (past full phase) - it can also be Aquarius sun and Cancer moon (before full phase).
Unread 07-27-2019, 08:53 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

I see a certain tenderness in men with Cancer energy. It's a particular masculine tenderness. And it's very appealing to me (straight female). I'm actually not attracted to men who don't show some version of it.

More of the people I've dated, or even had crushes on, have been Cancers than any other sun sign. Although Cancer placements aren't the only way to manifest that energy. My longest-lasting relationship was with a man who has no Cancer placements at all, but he has Taurus rising and a first house Taurus moon, which creates a similar energy.

My DC is in Cancer, so being attracted to people with Cancerian traits is natural. And not just romantically. Lots of people in my life, more than just random probability would account for, have significant Cancer placements. My dad is a double Cancer (sun and moon). Among my friends, if I know their natal chart, Cancer placements are included more often than not. If it's not their sun sign, it's their moon sign or rising sign or a sign with strong planetary presence.

Long story short, there are women who are very attracted to men with Cancer energy. I'm one of them.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 07-28-2019, 12:47 AM

I have Cancer theme and I'm unattracted to women too. NN 13, Mercury 18 and Sun 25 in Cancer. I'm a single male.
Unread 07-28-2019, 12:51 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somna7H View Post
I have Cancer theme and I'm unattracted to women too.
Do you mean you're gay? Or do you mean that women aren't attracted to you?

If it's the second, that would be unattractive to women.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 07-28-2019, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Do you mean you're gay? Or do you mean that women aren't attracted to you?

If it's the second, that would be unattractive to women.
It's the Second.
Unread 07-28-2019, 02:39 PM

Agree with Osamenor about how attractive the nurturing, tender energy can be in a Cancer man.
There is a variant perhaps that is Cancer in search of nurturing.
This energy you would have to be careful with.
I love to nurture my Cancer partner as a partner, but if he were seeking a lot of maternal energy from me that would feel weird to many women, maybe incestuous.
Unread 08-09-2019, 01:38 AM

I'm surprised to see that you said would be unattractive for women. In fact, most men that I know - they REALLY do have Cancer dominance in their chart - have the most intense relationships with women + they're usually liked by many because of their aesthetic physique & kind nature! I believe that Cancer dominants brighten up their environment thus attracting many people with their positivity usually.
Unread 08-10-2019, 03:20 AM

@Selina

35yo virgin here. So far I got intensely friendzoned by women. I think my Cancer makes me less masculine.

Unread 08-11-2019, 12:16 AM

Maybe it's about other aspects in your chart rather than being Cancer dominant?
Unread 08-11-2019, 12:54 AM

Maybe....

Actually you can't see it in this chart but I have Black Moon Lilith conjuncts MC in Pisces.

So there is a Grand Trine aspect pattern includes BML/MC, ASC/Moon and Mars/Saturn.

Perhaps BML at MC acts out oddly in a male chart

Tags
cancer, chart, male, strong, theme