Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 04-06-2017, 02:46 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Yes, there was one thing I should've worded differently; when I was talking about not being able to tolerate lying, slyness and manipulation, I actually meant within myself for the most part, as my mother would be disappointed with me if I didn't "talk myself up" or act like I was the best thing in the world (odd, I know). And, essentially, I think this implies that she talks HERself up and pretends to be something better than she really is (i.e., more spiritual and unselfish, etc). And you're 100% right about the unfair Libras believing they're just. It is basically impossible to argue/debate with someone like that and win, even if you're right. So it's incredibly frustrating.

Quote:
I don't like every Libra I meet but I tend to dislike them for the opposite reason: they're harsh, you're right about that, not in a manipulative way, but outwardly so...very self-righteous, but in a Saturian way, not like Sagittarius. I find a Libran's honesty is actually worse than a fire signs because with they don't say it like they're angry, they don't say it like they have a poor opinion of you, they say it like they actually mean it, sometimes they'll even word it like they're saying something kind, but usually they word it like it's pure objective fact, plain and simple.
Oh yeah, totally. This was what I saw in my mother more so than the ex-boyfriend. He typically didn't ever say anything outright mean or abusive about me (at least to my face, I know he did to others); so he -- along with a few others I knew -- really gave me this impression of being duplicitously charming. However, yes, I have absolutely known many Libras with the same behavior you describe. And this seems to be more common. I am close to a Libra Sun right now, and most of what he says is delivered in a very matter-of-fact way. It can be kind of annoying, but I prefer to deal with something like this rather than being subtlely controlled, manipulated or used.

As we all know though, this is why sun sign astrology is useless.


Last edited by sylph; 04-06-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #27  
Unread 04-06-2017, 02:46 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,237
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
As long as it works, I'm good. I'm not trying to be a poet.
To be honest I was expecting a drier, explanatory reply. But hey, you got your point across so off I go.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #28  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:53 AM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Is there no middle ground for you between 'submissive and sweet' and argumentative and aggressive'? If there isn't, that might be the problem.

As for the plastic surgery, drop it, at least for now. Can't girls use make-up, change hairstyles, change clothing styles? That also seems to be a point that's lacking middle ground.
Good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
I think you missed my point.
?

Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to your comment. If you've got this all figured out, then you don't need my perspective or anyone else's.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 04-06-2017, 04:29 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

And I should note that I don't consider myself exempt from this stuff either, what with Neptune square Venus in Libra in the 1st. In the past it was quite tempting to try and be whatever I thought certain people wanted me to be, because I thought this would cause them to unconditionally love me. That's not exactly "having integrity." Most of the time, there were other parts of my nature that stopped me from full-on turning into whatever I thought X person wanted me to be, but I've caused myself some real pain with this attitude/belief.

Libra all too often feels pulled in opposite directions here. It wants to be pleasing and lovable (which is usually achieved through various actions); yet because it is a cardinal sign and has some similarity with its opposite sign Aries, on some level it wants to forget about the "conditions" that the external world might place on us and simply express the self/identity/ego. This aspect of us DOESN'T feel the need to be pleasing and lovable to anyone -- its only desire is to exist and display itself in its true form. Mars doesn't really care what anyone thinks about it; what it wants is just to act on its impulses. What Venus wants is to please and be pleased... thus it tries to figure out what exactly is pleasing to the beloved so that such pleasure can be received in return.

And I'm really not talking about just the base sensual and sexual things. Even when Venus is inexperienced and virginal, it is her desire to please, to be acceptable and loved. And we are basically conditioned to believe that we must DO certain things in order to make that happen.

I don't know if any of this is part of your problem though lol I just wanted to make it clear that I understand at least one of Libra's plights..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #30  
Unread 04-06-2017, 10:10 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
Good points.



?

Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to your comment. If you've got this all figured out, then you don't need my perspective or anyone else's.
I NEVER said I *wanted* to get plastic surgery nor did I say there wasn't a middle ground between aggressive and submissive. Who said I didn't wear make up? If what you got out of that is that I want plastic surgery, you definitely misunderstood my point.

You know, this website is actually a lot like middle school. If you're someone with emotions, or the people don't like you, other people gang up on you and pick apart everything you say, whereas if you're liked or a "good astrologer" you can get away with just about anything. I've noticed this with more than just me. I've noticed this with people I dislike. I've noticed that whenever I make it clear that I'm upset or hurt about something, I get much nastier replies and more of them

Last edited by craft94; 04-06-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 04-06-2017, 10:28 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
And I should note that I don't consider myself exempt from this stuff either, what with Neptune square Venus in Libra in the 1st. In the past it was quite tempting to try and be whatever I thought certain people wanted me to be, because I thought this would cause them to unconditionally love me. That's not exactly "having integrity." Most of the time, there were other parts of my nature that stopped me from full-on turning into whatever I thought X person wanted me to be, but I've caused myself some real pain with this attitude/belief.

Libra all too often feels pulled in opposite directions here. It wants to be pleasing and lovable (which is usually achieved through various actions); yet because it is a cardinal sign and has some similarity with its opposite sign Aries, on some level it wants to forget about the "conditions" that the external world might place on us and simply express the self/identity/ego. This aspect of us DOESN'T feel the need to be pleasing and lovable to anyone -- its only desire is to exist and display itself in its true form. Mars doesn't really care what anyone thinks about it; what it wants is just to act on its impulses. What Venus wants is to please and be pleased... thus it tries to figure out what exactly is pleasing to the beloved so that such pleasure can be received in return.

And I'm really not talking about just the base sensual and sexual things. Even when Venus is inexperienced and virginal, it is her desire to please, to be acceptable and loved. And we are basically conditioned to believe that we must DO certain things in order to make that happen.

I don't know if any of this is part of your problem though lol I just wanted to make it clear that I understand at least one of Libra's plights..
Hm, interesting. My response:

1. Venus and Libra aren't interchangeable synonyms, though in your case, Venus is in Libra so I get it.

2. As a Libra, I recognize the fact that other people actually exist. You say Aries just wants to do what it wants; Libra knows that sometimes you need to keep these drives in check in order to function in the social world. But with me, can't speak for all Libras, I recognize that other people have a soul - feelings, thoughts etc. - just like I do. The same spark that exists in me exists in them and I would never want to hurt others or overpower them or do any harm. I also believe in past lives and stuff so I don't believe I was always the current ego that I am now and I have a hard time fully identifying with it. I took a lot in from church - treat people how you want to be treated. That isn't necessarily the same thing as wanting to be liked.

3. However, I do want to be liked. I think to some degree this is normal. If I apply for a job, for instance, I want to my boss to like me. Is there anything wrong with that? What I don't do is fake it to be liked. I'm actually the opposite of that. To me, there's nothing FAIR about being liked for who you are not, it's similar to being rewarded for something you don't deserve. Plus, in just my own opinion, it'll have you ending up with the wrong people. I think in your case, though, Neptune (planet of illusion) probably makes those particular Venusian qualities even worse; wanting to be everything to everyone and losing sight of who you are.

4. I don't act fake or put on these grand acts to get people to think I'm what they want me to be, but wanting to be liked is definitely a problem for me sometimes, or even just not wanting to upset others. Anxiety for one, and low self-confidence. When people criticize me for one, I start to wonder if it's true and beat myself up, even when I know it's not, but sometimes I can be naive and think "why would anyone deliberately be mean? I never deliberately act mean. They must really be upset with something I did" even when they were deliberately being mean. I don't care what everyone thinks of me but when I like someone, I get all worried and I don't act "fake" but I don't act like myself either, I act quiet and self conscious and that's what causes them not to like me, not aggressiveness. I lack fire and have a problem taking initiative and going after what I want. I let other people put doubts into my head when I should be trusting my intuition. This is why I *can't* listen to what Sibylline when she tells me to look at myself, as if I don't already blame myself enough for things I really shouldn't. What I really need is self-esteem. And no, there is a middle ground between aggressveness and submissiveness but 1. Well I'd rather a man who wants the first extreme than the other extreme and 2. If you think I'M aggressive, then YES you DO want someone who's submissive because I'm NOT aggressive at ALL and if you met me in real life, you'd know that. I'm emotional, SENSITIVE, not aggressive.

Last edited by craft94; 04-06-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 04-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to your comment. If you've got this all figured out, then you don't need my perspective or anyone else's.
If someone has a salty opinion it is a lesson we all must learn that 'sugar helps the medicine go down.' This is true for sensitive water signs, egoistical fire signs, stubborn Earth signs, or Air signs who need logic.

Not wanting to hear advice without sugar mixed in is something we can all be accused off. Libra is very good at delivering sugar with the salt, that is an attractive quality of Libra we all should appreciate
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #33  
Unread 04-06-2017, 10:39 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
If someone has a salty opinion it is a lesson we all must learn that 'sugar helps the medicine go down.' This is true for sensitive water signs, egoistical fire signs, stubborn Earth signs, or Air signs who need logic.

Not wanting to hear advice without sugar mixed in is something we can all be accused off. Libra is very good at delivering sugar with the salt, that is an attractive quality of Libra we all should appreciate
Salty advice? I agree with the general principle but in this case, I don't want ANY unsolicited advice from people on the Internet who don't even know me, no matter how much sugar is put into it. I've noticed this to be a quality of Internet folks in particular: they think they know everything, they think it's their business to tell you what they think you should and shouldn't do at all times, even when they know nothing about your situation. On the Internet, people share just about any opinion they have, regardless of whether or not it is needed, something they wouldn't dare do in real life. Thank you though. I appreciate what you said about Libras

Last edited by craft94; 04-06-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (04-07-2017)
  #34  
Unread 04-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
Salty advice? I agree with the general principle but in this case, I don't want ANY unsolicited advice from people on the Internet who don't even know me, no matter how much sugar is put into it. I've noticed this to be a quality of Internet folks in particular: they think they know everything, they think it's their business to tell you what they think you should and shouldn't do at all times, even when they know nothing about your situation. On the Internet, people share just about any opinion they have, regardless of whether or not it is needed, something they wouldn't dare do in real life. Thank you though. I appreciate what you said about Libras
Haha yes who wants to swallow salty advice! It is not because you do not want to listen but the delivery which was wrong.

'Why am I not attractive'
'I will tell you why but you don't want to listen to anybody'

Ouch!

To hit with a brick will hurt less

I agree, you should listen to advice from people you trust and that also have integrity.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 04-06-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #35  
Unread 04-06-2017, 11:23 AM
nOtsOanoNymousS nOtsOanoNymousS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: everywhere you dream about
Posts: 16
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Yas. They're that kind of graceful beauty, I've realised that recently. But I think that caps are much more attractive, even when they're not that handsome, they exude that aura of sexiness and steady confidence that attracts a lot of people. Overall, you should also check the rising sign, which tells more about how does someone come off to others (for my example, I don't have any idea of which rising sign are these two guys, unfortunately, though I could make some assumptions).
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nOtsOanoNymousS For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-07-2017)
  #36  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:30 PM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Hm, interesting. My response:

1. Venus and Libra aren't interchangeable synonyms, though in your case, Venus is in Libra so I get it.
I know, and I wasn't saying that they were; I was using the rulers of Libra and Aries to demonstrate something. To a certain extent, the signs are driven/motivated by their planetary rulers. If these rulers didn't mean anything, what would be the point of assigning them to be "in charge" of the signs in the first place?

My point was that, essentially, each sign's "flaws" are actually coming from a place of striving to be whole. For example, Pisces and Virgo; most people think that, while Pisces experiences oneness with everything, Virgo can only see the separateness of it all. But Virgo picks everything apart, looks at every little detail, because it ultimately wants that oneness. What else is oneness but perfection? If something is out of place and "wrong," Virgo only focuses on it and tries to fix it because Virgo is desperately seeking that feeling of oneness/perfection.

Pisces, too, desires something; it wants to show/teach others about the truth, about spiritual connectivity, but unless it is able to communicate or appeal to people in a way that they will understand, this isn't going to happen. So Pisces needs that Mercurial power behind it in order to really accomplish its mission.

I honestly feel that this is true for all of the signs and their opposites. Maybe people will disagree with me here, but I've seen it time and time again. All of us seem to have this intrinsic need to merge the two polarities. It's the only way to get closer to wholeness and understanding. If we stay stuck and act only within the confines of our strictly delineated personality traits -- like the Virgo who refuses to accept that everything is connected -- then we aren't really doing the job that we came here to do. But if we start to look at things from the opposing point of view, and become open to the possibility that we can be BOTH Libran and Arian (for example), **** actually becomes a bit easier because this is part of what we are meant to do.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #37  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
I know, and I wasn't saying that they were; I was using the rulers of Libra and Aries to demonstrate something. To a certain extent, the signs are driven/motivated by their planetary rulers. If these rulers didn't mean anything, what would be the point of assigning them to be "in charge" of the signs in the first place?

My point was that, essentially, each sign's "flaws" are actually coming from a place of striving to be whole. For example, Pisces and Virgo; most people think that, while Pisces experiences oneness with everything, Virgo can only see the separateness of it all. But Virgo picks everything apart, looks at every little detail, because it ultimately wants that oneness. What else is oneness but perfection? If something is out of place and "wrong," Virgo only focuses on it and tries to fix it because Virgo is desperately seeking that feeling of oneness/perfection.

Pisces, too, desires something; it wants to show/teach others about the truth, about spiritual connectivity, but unless it is able to communicate or appeal to people in a way that they will understand, this isn't going to happen. So Pisces needs that Mercurial power behind it in order to really accomplish its mission.

I honestly feel that this is true for all of the signs and their opposites. Maybe people will disagree with me here, but I've seen it time and time again. All of us seem to have this intrinsic need to merge the two polarities. It's the only way to get closer to wholeness and understanding. If we stay stuck and act only within the confines of our strictly delineated personality traits -- like the Virgo who refuses to accept that everything is connected -- then we aren't really doing the job that we came here to do. But if we start to look at things from the opposing point of view, and become open to the possibility that we can be BOTH Libran and Arian (for example), **** actually becomes a bit easier because this is part of what we are meant to do.
The rule of polarity or the story of the archetype nemesis who has similarities to their opposite
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 04-06-2017, 06:31 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
I honestly feel that this is true for all of the signs and their opposites. Maybe people will disagree with me here, but I've seen it time and time again. All of us seem to have this intrinsic need to merge the two polarities. It's the only way to get closer to wholeness and understanding. If we stay stuck and act only within the confines of our strictly delineated personality traits -- like the Virgo who refuses to accept that everything is connected -- then we aren't really doing the job that we came here to do. But if we start to look at things from the opposing point of view, and become open to the possibility that we can be BOTH Libran and Arian (for example), **** actually becomes a bit easier because this is part of what we are meant to do.
No, I totally agree with this. I tend to think opposite signs are actually two sides of the same coin and go really well together.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
david starling (04-06-2017), sylph (04-07-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-07-2017)
  #39  
Unread 04-06-2017, 08:06 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,607
Smile Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
No, I totally agree with this. I tend to think opposite signs are actually two sides of the same coin and go really well together.
"Back-to-back" Allies.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-07-2017)
  #40  
Unread 04-07-2017, 12:37 AM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 639
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
Being told you're stupid is a lot easier to brush off than being told why you're stupid in great detail by a person with the reputation of an angel.
That right there is gold.

Don't forget that the sun is in its fall in libra. Ironically, it doesn't cope with social stress all that well.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to !4C For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-08-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-08-2017)
  #41  
Unread 04-08-2017, 02:14 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,607
Smile Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
That right there is gold.

Don't forget that the sun is in its fall in libra. Ironically, it doesn't cope with social stress all that well.
Being told you're a stupid person merits this reply: "Takes one to know one!" Or, "I know you are, but what am I?!"
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
  #42  
Unread 04-08-2017, 03:37 AM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 639
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Being told you're a stupid person merits this reply: "Takes one to know one!" Or, "I know you are, but what am I?!"
Like Pee Wee Herman?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 04-09-2017, 01:01 AM
SunRising SunRising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

I find libras to be nice, not very decisive but nice nonetheless. I prefer them as coworkers. I personally would not date them but that is because of what is going on in my chart. You can't just base it on the sun sign. You must look at the whole picture. There is someone for everyone.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunRising For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017)
  #44  
Unread 04-09-2017, 01:04 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRising View Post
I find libras to be nice, not very decisive but nice nonetheless. I prefer them as coworkers. I personally would not date them but that is because of what is going on in my chart. You can't just base it on the sun sign. You must look at the whole picture. There is someone for everyone.
You don't have to make disclaimers. I'm not offended. What's your chart like?

Personally, I think decisiveness is an overrated trait.

I prefer openness to change.

Well, except with relationships, in that case, I like loyalty. I love with my heart, not my mind.

Edit: Although I must say, Geminis are even more indecisive than Libras in my experience. Libra isn't "indecisive" so much as they take a lot of time making a decision because they want to make sure it's the right one. Gemini changes their mind a thousand times a day and never makes a decision. I still like them though. Liking them is the problem...LOL

But yeah, I actually like that about Libras personally. I like that we put a lot of thought into things. Too many people don't think. They just assume.

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 04-09-2017, 01:51 AM
SunRising SunRising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
You don't have to make disclaimers. I'm not offended. What's your chart like?

Personally, I think decisiveness is an overrated trait.

I prefer openness to change.

Well, except with relationships, in that case, I like loyalty. I love with my heart, not my mind.

Edit: Although I must say, Geminis are even more indecisive than Libras in my experience. Libra isn't "indecisive" so much as they take a lot of time making a decision because they want to make sure it's the right one. Gemini changes their mind a thousand times a day and never makes a decision. I still like them though. Liking them is the problem...LOL

But yeah, I actually like that about Libras personally. I like that we put a lot of thought into things. Too many people don't think. They just assume.
You assumed I made a disclaimer. .Where is this disclaimer you speak of? Lol.

Yes, I agree both libra and geminis can be quite indecisive. Although I find both signs to be nice, indecisiveness is not a trait I find desirable. The inability to make decisions doesn't fair well in the business world. But I guess that is why gems and libs get a long great together the share the same duplicitous and indecisive nature.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunRising For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017)
  #46  
Unread 04-09-2017, 02:40 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRising View Post
The inability to make decisions doesn't fair well in the business world.
Yes, our business-driven culture places a high value on people who are "strong and decisive" but I feel like making smart decisions is better than making fast decisions
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 04-09-2017, 02:52 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
Yes, our business-driven culture places a high value on people who are "strong and decisive" but I feel like making smart decisions is better than making fast decisions
See, this is where I get completely lost when speaking of Libras, because all of those I've been close to have been somewhat "indecisive" -- yet when they would make a decision, it often would be the wrong one. Not just from my perspective, but typically objectively. Like, decisions that would have disastrous consequences.

Maybe this comes from not trusting their intuition? I rely heavily on intuition, and I think this is quite common for Virgos despite being labelled as wholly analytical/logical. If I don't trust or go with my intuition, then I experience the disastrous consequences that I've seen with Libras.

Do you think that a conflict between heart/feelings (Venus) and logic (Air) is part of the reason why Libra's intuition can get blocked?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:10 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
See, this is where I get completely lost when speaking of Libras, because all of those I've been close to have been somewhat "indecisive" -- yet when they would make a decision, it often would be the wrong one. Not just from my perspective, but typically objectively. Like, decisions that would have disastrous consequences.

Maybe this comes from not trusting their intuition? I rely heavily on intuition, and I think this is quite common for Virgos despite being labelled as wholly analytical/logical. If I don't trust or go with my intuition, then I experience the disastrous consequences that I've seen with Libras.

Do you think that a conflict between heart/feelings (Venus) and logic (Air) is part of the reason why Libra's intuition can get blocked?
If you've seen Libras make horrible decisions then yes that is probably why. Sometimes, Libras can get so afraid of making the wrong decision that they overthink it, lose touch with their intuition, and end up making the wrong decisions as a result.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
katydid (04-09-2017), sylph (04-09-2017)
  #49  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:24 AM
SunRising SunRising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
Yes, our business-driven culture places a high value on people who are "strong and decisive" but I feel like making smart decisions is better than making fast decisions
I agree smart decision are very important in this business-world. Which is the reason why I feel Libra's indecision to be considered a weak trait. Libra is the sign that is at their best when in a partnership so maybe decisiveness is something they don't need. They can just have their partners make all the decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:33 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRising View Post
I agree smart decision are very important in this business-world. Which is the reason why I feel Libra's indecision to be considered a weak trait. Libra is the sign that is at their best when in a partnership so maybe decisiveness is something they don't need. They can just have their partners make all the decisions.
???? Gross. Like literally I wanna vomit after reading this.

Aries is all about action, quick decision-making. This is what people usually mean when they use the word "decisive", someone who will take charge of a situation immediately, without worrying over the consequences.

Libra is the sign of the judge.

Libra likes to think things over before taking action. This is what gives them their reputation for "indecisiveness."

This is a strong trait for a judge to have. Acting on gut-level reactions is not. However, this is not a good trait to have while at war where you have to make life or death decisions in the spur of the moment. This is why Libra is Mars' detriment.

Libra does not want anyone making decisions for them. We don't trust anyone to make decisions for us. Ew.

The idea of it literally disgusts me.

If you think that's what Libras want, or if you think Libras are stupid and thoughtless, you totally misunderstand Libras

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.