Does anyone find Libras attractive?

craft94

I've been wanting to give my own input on this thread, but couldn't seem to find the right words to use (particularly because I don't want to create misunderstanding). But the above is closest to what I would say about Libra; I've been surrounded by this sign all of my life, and I've definitely experienced this initial feeling of, "wow, this Libra Sun person is so perfect," only to find out that their true goal was to manipulate and control situations with their charm. There can be immense anger when you do not do things their way -- but this is usually shown in a calculated and hidden manner. It can very hard to get others to believe you if you say that a Libra Sun is harsh.

My Libra mother is more than harsh, she's abusive. And so was my first real boyfriend, another native of this sun sign. I have met quite a few others that I would classify as abusive as well. However, I don't know why that is, and I don't think it's supposed to be the norm.

This has nothing to do with their attractiveness though. If I were to answer the actual question of this thread, I would say that Libras seem to have an inherent attractiveness. This is why I got involved with that boyfriend in the first place! He wasn't at all what most people would consider handsome and sexy, but he was very smooth-talking, charming and funny. It took me a while to come around to him, but I finally did; maybe that was why he changed, because once he "got me" he felt super empowered and didn't think he could possibly lose me.

Anyway, I think you - craft94 - are probably beyond all of this... the game-playing, etc. And that is why you don't seem to get the "results" that other Libras might. My mother used to tell me that I "didn't know how to play the game." What she meant is that I had too much integrity and honesty and I couldn't ******* tolerate lying, slyness and manipulation. This, in a nutshell, is what some Libras seem to rely upon in order to get what they want. If you don't do this, then consider yourself an evolved Libra (ugh, I hate that whole evolved vs unevolved thing, but it's the best way to describe this). You want to attract the right person, and that is what is going to happen when you behave with integrity. From what I've seen of you on the forum, it seems like it is pretty important for you to be this way.

I liked this post because I thank you for what you had to say about me personally. I have to admit though; I've yet to experiece a Libra, any Libra, as "dishonest."

Libra is ruled by the scales of justice so I actually think the principles of honesty and integrity are important to us as a whole (though I'm sure some unevolved ones just pretend); imo you can't seperate "fairness" from "honesty." I also think of Libra as a truth-seeking sign because we're always weighing things, to get to the heart of the manner. We're trying to consider every single fact, which is where our "indecisiveness" comes from.

I don't like every Libra I meet but I tend to dislike them for the opposite reason: they're harsh. You're right about that, not in a manipulative way, but outwardly so...very self-righteous, but in a Saturnian way, not like Sagittarius. I find a Libran's honesty is actually much worse than a fire sign's because they don't say it like they're angry, they don't say it like they have a poor opinion of you, they say it like they actually mean it except there is no "they." Sometimes they'll even word it like they're saying something kind, but usually they word it like it's pure objective fact, plain and simple. Being told you're stupid is a lot easier to brush off than being told why you're stupid in great detail by a person with the reputation of an angel.

I've honestlly yet to experience a Libra as dishonest, and I was always confused as to where that reputation came from (Venus?) but reading your post, I think I can understand why people might perceive us that way. I don't agree with it at all though because it's more about other people's preconceived expectations and assumptions than it is "lying." I know you say I'm probably an evolved Libra so this might not apply to everyone born under my sign, but speaking from my own experience, I never pretend to be nice. I simply am nice... most of the time. The truth is Libras really aren't "nice" or "sweet" or "kind" or any of the other adjectives used to describe how goody-goody we are. Libras are simply fair and I think that often gets mistaken for kindness but in all truth, justice isn''t kind. Justice can actually be quite cruel. Look at the Justice card - it's pictured with a sword. Libra is not Pisces.

For example, I've had this experience with Leos, in particular, where they think I'm on "their side," because I'm nice to them or because I've defended them once, but then they tend to think I'm this cold, cutting (probably manipulative) narcissist once they actually get to know me and I end up not bowing down to them. I never lied, I never said I was on "their side," that's their assumption and it's not something I ever wanted them to assume. I meant it when I was nice to them and I meant it when I defended them that time they were bullied but I also meant it when I told them off and defended the person they bullied. To me, being a friend isn't agreeing or supporting everything a person says but telling them off when they need it and accepting them anyway.

Oh, I'm not trying to discount your experience. Just expressing my own thoughts. I do believe there are unevolved and unfair Libras, definitely. I've met some unfair Libras myself but the unfair ones, in my own experience, actually believe they're fair... and that may be the worst part of it all.

Last edited:

sylph

Yes, there was one thing I should've worded differently; when I was talking about not being able to tolerate lying, slyness and manipulation, I actually meant within myself for the most part, as my mother would be disappointed with me if I didn't "talk myself up" or act like I was the best thing in the world (odd, I know). And, essentially, I think this implies that she talks HERself up and pretends to be something better than she really is (i.e., more spiritual and unselfish, etc). And you're 100% right about the unfair Libras believing they're just. It is basically impossible to argue/debate with someone like that and win, even if you're right. So it's incredibly frustrating.

I don't like every Libra I meet but I tend to dislike them for the opposite reason: they're harsh, you're right about that, not in a manipulative way, but outwardly so...very self-righteous, but in a Saturian way, not like Sagittarius. I find a Libran's honesty is actually worse than a fire signs because with they don't say it like they're angry, they don't say it like they have a poor opinion of you, they say it like they actually mean it, sometimes they'll even word it like they're saying something kind, but usually they word it like it's pure objective fact, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, totally. This was what I saw in my mother more so than the ex-boyfriend. He typically didn't ever say anything outright mean or abusive about me (at least to my face, I know he did to others); so he -- along with a few others I knew -- really gave me this impression of being duplicitously charming. However, yes, I have absolutely known many Libras with the same behavior you describe. And this seems to be more common. I am close to a Libra Sun right now, and most of what he says is delivered in a very matter-of-fact way. It can be kind of annoying, but I prefer to deal with something like this rather than being subtlely controlled, manipulated or used.

As we all know though, this is why sun sign astrology is useless.

Last edited:

sibylline

Is there no middle ground for you between 'submissive and sweet' and argumentative and aggressive'? If there isn't, that might be the problem.

As for the plastic surgery, drop it, at least for now. Can't girls use make-up, change hairstyles, change clothing styles? That also seems to be a point that's lacking middle ground.

Good points.

I think you missed my point.

?

Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to your comment. If you've got this all figured out, then you don't need my perspective or anyone else's.

sylph

And I should note that I don't consider myself exempt from this stuff either, what with Neptune square Venus in Libra in the 1st. In the past it was quite tempting to try and be whatever I thought certain people wanted me to be, because I thought this would cause them to unconditionally love me. That's not exactly "having integrity." Most of the time, there were other parts of my nature that stopped me from full-on turning into whatever I thought X person wanted me to be, but I've caused myself some real pain with this attitude/belief.

Libra all too often feels pulled in opposite directions here. It wants to be pleasing and lovable (which is usually achieved through various actions); yet because it is a cardinal sign and has some similarity with its opposite sign Aries, on some level it wants to forget about the "conditions" that the external world might place on us and simply express the self/identity/ego. This aspect of us DOESN'T feel the need to be pleasing and lovable to anyone -- its only desire is to exist and display itself in its true form. Mars doesn't really care what anyone thinks about it; what it wants is just to act on its impulses. What Venus wants is to please and be pleased... thus it tries to figure out what exactly is pleasing to the beloved so that such pleasure can be received in return.

And I'm really not talking about just the base sensual and sexual things. Even when Venus is inexperienced and virginal, it is her desire to please, to be acceptable and loved. And we are basically conditioned to believe that we must DO certain things in order to make that happen.

I don't know if any of this is part of your problem though lol I just wanted to make it clear that I understand at least one of Libra's plights..

craft94

Good points.

?

Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to your comment. If you've got this all figured out, then you don't need my perspective or anyone else's.

I NEVER said I *wanted* to get plastic surgery nor did I say there wasn't a middle ground between aggressive and submissive. Who said I didn't wear make up? If what you got out of that is that I want plastic surgery, you definitely misunderstood my point.

You know, this website is actually a lot like middle school. If you're someone with emotions, or the people don't like you, other people gang up on you and pick apart everything you say, whereas if you're liked or a "good astrologer" you can get away with just about anything. I've noticed this with more than just me. I've noticed this with people I dislike. I've noticed that whenever I make it clear that I'm upset or hurt about something, I get much nastier replies and more of them

Last edited:

craft94

And I should note that I don't consider myself exempt from this stuff either, what with Neptune square Venus in Libra in the 1st. In the past it was quite tempting to try and be whatever I thought certain people wanted me to be, because I thought this would cause them to unconditionally love me. That's not exactly "having integrity." Most of the time, there were other parts of my nature that stopped me from full-on turning into whatever I thought X person wanted me to be, but I've caused myself some real pain with this attitude/belief.

Libra all too often feels pulled in opposite directions here. It wants to be pleasing and lovable (which is usually achieved through various actions); yet because it is a cardinal sign and has some similarity with its opposite sign Aries, on some level it wants to forget about the "conditions" that the external world might place on us and simply express the self/identity/ego. This aspect of us DOESN'T feel the need to be pleasing and lovable to anyone -- its only desire is to exist and display itself in its true form. Mars doesn't really care what anyone thinks about it; what it wants is just to act on its impulses. What Venus wants is to please and be pleased... thus it tries to figure out what exactly is pleasing to the beloved so that such pleasure can be received in return.

And I'm really not talking about just the base sensual and sexual things. Even when Venus is inexperienced and virginal, it is her desire to please, to be acceptable and loved. And we are basically conditioned to believe that we must DO certain things in order to make that happen.

I don't know if any of this is part of your problem though lol I just wanted to make it clear that I understand at least one of Libra's plights..

Hm, interesting. My response:

1. Venus and Libra aren't interchangeable synonyms, though in your case, Venus is in Libra so I get it.

2. As a Libra, I recognize the fact that other people actually exist. You say Aries just wants to do what it wants; Libra knows that sometimes you need to keep these drives in check in order to function in the social world. But with me, can't speak for all Libras, I recognize that other people have a soul - feelings, thoughts etc. - just like I do. The same spark that exists in me exists in them and I would never want to hurt others or overpower them or do any harm. I also believe in past lives and stuff so I don't believe I was always the current ego that I am now and I have a hard time fully identifying with it. I took a lot in from church - treat people how you want to be treated. That isn't necessarily the same thing as wanting to be liked.

3. However, I do want to be liked. I think to some degree this is normal. If I apply for a job, for instance, I want to my boss to like me. Is there anything wrong with that? What I don't do is fake it to be liked. I'm actually the opposite of that. To me, there's nothing FAIR about being liked for who you are not, it's similar to being rewarded for something you don't deserve. Plus, in just my own opinion, it'll have you ending up with the wrong people. I think in your case, though, Neptune (planet of illusion) probably makes those particular Venusian qualities even worse; wanting to be everything to everyone and losing sight of who you are.

4. I don't act fake or put on these grand acts to get people to think I'm what they want me to be, but wanting to be liked is definitely a problem for me sometimes, or even just not wanting to upset others. Anxiety for one, and low self-confidence. When people criticize me for one, I start to wonder if it's true and beat myself up, even when I know it's not, but sometimes I can be naive and think "why would anyone deliberately be mean? I never deliberately act mean. They must really be upset with something I did" even when they were deliberately being mean. I don't care what everyone thinks of me but when I like someone, I get all worried and I don't act "fake" but I don't act like myself either, I act quiet and self conscious and that's what causes them not to like me, not aggressiveness. I lack fire and have a problem taking initiative and going after what I want. I let other people put doubts into my head when I should be trusting my intuition. This is why I *can't* listen to what Sibylline when she tells me to look at myself, as if I don't already blame myself enough for things I really shouldn't. What I really need is self-esteem. And no, there is a middle ground between aggressveness and submissiveness but 1. Well I'd rather a man who wants the first extreme than the other extreme and 2. If you think I'M aggressive, then YES you DO want someone who's submissive because I'm NOT aggressive at ALL and if you met me in real life, you'd know that. I'm emotional, SENSITIVE, not aggressive.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

If someone has a salty opinion it is a lesson we all must learn that 'sugar helps the medicine go down.' This is true for sensitive water signs, egoistical fire signs, stubborn Earth signs, or Air signs who need logic.

Not wanting to hear advice without sugar mixed in is something we can all be accused off. Libra is very good at delivering sugar with the salt, that is an attractive quality of Libra we all should appreciate :lol:

craft94

If someone has a salty opinion it is a lesson we all must learn that 'sugar helps the medicine go down.' This is true for sensitive water signs, egoistical fire signs, stubborn Earth signs, or Air signs who need logic.

Not wanting to hear advice without sugar mixed in is something we can all be accused off. Libra is very good at delivering sugar with the salt, that is an attractive quality of Libra we all should appreciate :lol:

Salty advice? I agree with the general principle but in this case, I don't want ANY unsolicited advice from people on the Internet who don't even know me, no matter how much sugar is put into it. I've noticed this to be a quality of Internet folks in particular: they think they know everything, they think it's their business to tell you what they think you should and shouldn't do at all times, even when they know nothing about your situation. On the Internet, people share just about any opinion they have, regardless of whether or not it is needed, something they wouldn't dare do in real life. Thank you though. I appreciate what you said about Libras :)

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Salty advice? I agree with the general principle but in this case, I don't want ANY unsolicited advice from people on the Internet who don't even know me, no matter how much sugar is put into it. I've noticed this to be a quality of Internet folks in particular: they think they know everything, they think it's their business to tell you what they think you should and shouldn't do at all times, even when they know nothing about your situation. On the Internet, people share just about any opinion they have, regardless of whether or not it is needed, something they wouldn't dare do in real life. Thank you though. I appreciate what you said about Libras :)

Haha yes who wants to swallow salty advice! It is not because you do not want to listen but the delivery which was wrong.

'Why am I not attractive'
'I will tell you why but you don't want to listen to anybody'

Ouch!

To hit with a brick will hurt less :lol:

I agree, you should listen to advice from people you trust and that also have integrity.

Last edited:
Yas. They're that kind of graceful beauty, I've realised that recently. But I think that caps are much more attractive, even when they're not that handsome, they exude that aura of sexiness and steady confidence that attracts a lot of people. Overall, you should also check the rising sign, which tells more about how does someone come off to others (for my example, I don't have any idea of which rising sign are these two guys, unfortunately, though I could make some assumptions).

sylph

Hm, interesting. My response:

1. Venus and Libra aren't interchangeable synonyms, though in your case, Venus is in Libra so I get it.

I know, and I wasn't saying that they were; I was using the rulers of Libra and Aries to demonstrate something. To a certain extent, the signs are driven/motivated by their planetary rulers. If these rulers didn't mean anything, what would be the point of assigning them to be "in charge" of the signs in the first place?

My point was that, essentially, each sign's "flaws" are actually coming from a place of striving to be whole. For example, Pisces and Virgo; most people think that, while Pisces experiences oneness with everything, Virgo can only see the separateness of it all. But Virgo picks everything apart, looks at every little detail, because it ultimately wants that oneness. What else is oneness but perfection? If something is out of place and "wrong," Virgo only focuses on it and tries to fix it because Virgo is desperately seeking that feeling of oneness/perfection.

Pisces, too, desires something; it wants to show/teach others about the truth, about spiritual connectivity, but unless it is able to communicate or appeal to people in a way that they will understand, this isn't going to happen. So Pisces needs that Mercurial power behind it in order to really accomplish its mission.

I honestly feel that this is true for all of the signs and their opposites. Maybe people will disagree with me here, but I've seen it time and time again. All of us seem to have this intrinsic need to merge the two polarities. It's the only way to get closer to wholeness and understanding. If we stay stuck and act only within the confines of our strictly delineated personality traits -- like the Virgo who refuses to accept that everything is connected -- then we aren't really doing the job that we came here to do. But if we start to look at things from the opposing point of view, and become open to the possibility that we can be BOTH Libran and Arian (for example), **** actually becomes a bit easier because this is part of what we are meant to do.

Ukpoohbear

I know, and I wasn't saying that they were; I was using the rulers of Libra and Aries to demonstrate something. To a certain extent, the signs are driven/motivated by their planetary rulers. If these rulers didn't mean anything, what would be the point of assigning them to be "in charge" of the signs in the first place?

My point was that, essentially, each sign's "flaws" are actually coming from a place of striving to be whole. For example, Pisces and Virgo; most people think that, while Pisces experiences oneness with everything, Virgo can only see the separateness of it all. But Virgo picks everything apart, looks at every little detail, because it ultimately wants that oneness. What else is oneness but perfection? If something is out of place and "wrong," Virgo only focuses on it and tries to fix it because Virgo is desperately seeking that feeling of oneness/perfection.

Pisces, too, desires something; it wants to show/teach others about the truth, about spiritual connectivity, but unless it is able to communicate or appeal to people in a way that they will understand, this isn't going to happen. So Pisces needs that Mercurial power behind it in order to really accomplish its mission.

I honestly feel that this is true for all of the signs and their opposites. Maybe people will disagree with me here, but I've seen it time and time again. All of us seem to have this intrinsic need to merge the two polarities. It's the only way to get closer to wholeness and understanding. If we stay stuck and act only within the confines of our strictly delineated personality traits -- like the Virgo who refuses to accept that everything is connected -- then we aren't really doing the job that we came here to do. But if we start to look at things from the opposing point of view, and become open to the possibility that we can be BOTH Libran and Arian (for example), **** actually becomes a bit easier because this is part of what we are meant to do.

The rule of polarity or the story of the archetype nemesis who has similarities to their opposite :)

craft94

No, I totally agree with this. I tend to think opposite signs are actually two sides of the same coin and go really well together.

!4C

Being told you're stupid is a lot easier to brush off than being told why you're stupid in great detail by a person with the reputation of an angel.
That right there is gold. :lol:

Don't forget that the sun is in its fall in libra. Ironically, it doesn't cope with social stress all that well.