Virgo Newbie

FarEastUranus

Hi,

I'm a Virgo sun, Virgo/Leo ascendant (to be rectified), Capricorn moon. Most people think that I'm air-element dominant, that's because I have a 4-planet (Mercury, Mars, Venus, Pluto) stellium in Libra and Jupiter in Gemini.

I know the rudiments of astrology and they don't make sense to me. But I love how all the planets and archetypes are put into geometry and would like to be proven that astrology somehow works:) I'm here to make sense, and if not, at least, to learn:)

byjove

Account Closed
Well hello FarEastUranus!

Welcome! Good to see that you've a healthy interest here, you won't be bored! There are so many sections, so many specialities and people from all over the world with all manner of skills, abilities and experience! :happy:

I hope you feel welcome!

By Jove :tongue:

FarEastUranus

Thank you for your warmth! I get a good energy here. I'm a Virgo sun, and by deduction (I had the choice between Virgo and Leo), a Virgo ascendant (my mom has given me three different accounts, but it's early morning-ish).

I wonder how many Virgos out there feel that they are not quite the typical Virgo? For example, I'm always the last person to turn (home)work in, and therefore cannot possible deliver the perfection that I am certain to be innately capable of :love:

I also have debilitating trouble with all that's routine and have to change things around to make things interesting. I still haven't successfully integrated any routine in my life - my mom made me believe that I had to practice the piano everyday, but when I stopped that at age 22, I was never able to do anything with regularity anymore. I'm also a meditator since I was 8 or 9, I stumbled upon it myself because it centered and grounded me, but again I kept changing methods, length of time, and time of the day, and have this superstition about taking days off. Saturn is in my 12th house (Leo). My whole life is about having a deep desire to produce something of enduring values, but at the same time trying to skip the actual nitty-gritties. I am a visual artist working in new media (photography, sound, installation, conceptual art), and I work mostly on my own, and am always rushing like wild when I have shows. I really love what I do, so I don't understand why I don't love to work. I also loved the piano - my mom was so fed up with forcing me to practice everyday that she said I was free to quit, but I just loved it so much that I explained to her that not wanting to practice did not mean that I didn't love music. I have a lot of admiration for artists, writers, and composers with a monk-like focus and lifestyle. But what's wrong with me? Which planet should I duel with/against? BTW, I've been diagnosed twice in two different countries with adult ADHD, but I don't take medication anymore, out of personal conviction.

Nirmegha

I wonder how many Virgos out there feel that they are not quite the typical Virgo? For example, I'm always the last person to turn (home)work in, and therefore cannot possible deliver the perfection that I am certain to be innately capable of :love:

I also have debilitating trouble with all that's routine and have to change things around to make things interesting. I still haven't successfully integrated any routine in my life - my mom made me believe that I had to practice the piano everyday, but when I stopped that at age 22, I was never able to do anything with regularity anymore. I'm also a meditator since I was 8 or 9, I stumbled upon it myself because it centered and grounded me, but again I kept changing methods, length of time, and time of the day, and have this superstition about taking days off. Saturn is in my 12th house (Leo). My whole life is about having a deep desire to produce something of enduring values, but at the same time trying to skip the actual nitty-gritties. I am a visual artist working in new media (photography, sound, installation, conceptual art), and I work mostly on my own, and am always rushing like wild when I have shows. I really love what I do, so I don't understand why I don't love to work. I also loved the piano - my mom was so fed up with forcing me to practice everyday that she said I was free to quit, but I just loved it so much that I explained to her that not wanting to practice did not mean that I didn't love music. I have a lot of admiration for artists, writers, and composers with a monk-like focus and lifestyle. But what's wrong with me? Which planet should I duel with/against? BTW, I've been diagnosed twice in two different countries with adult ADHD, but I don't take medication anymore, out of personal conviction.

Hey, fellow Virgo here! I can relate to not keeping to any routine. I'm also an avid meditator; mostly yoga, but I'm open to a lot of things. I started doing Tai Chi at 9 yrs of age. I switch things up a lot and do not stick to a set schedule (I'm all mutable so that's what I attribute it to). Been playing the piano for almost 20 yrs, AND, I have Saturn in the 12th in Scorpio. :)

I've spent most of my life working with spiritual and charitable organizations. I've considered going into a convent on more than one occasion.

As for your case, I've seen that many artists, just in general, have problems with routine (too boring!) and their attention spans are rather short! At least the ones I've known anyway. It takes something really special to keep their attention for any length of time. Embrace what makes you different and make it work for you. I think that's the best thing you can do.

I don't know what your chart looks like, but you may want to check and see if you have a lot of contacts to Uranus with any of your personal planets (sun,moon,mars,venus,mercury); I've noticed that hard contacts to Uranus can produce A LOT of instability. I'm gonna guess there's not much if any fixity in your chart.

FarEastUranus

Hi Nirmegha,

Nice to meet you.

That's interesting that we have a lot of similarities - I also played the piano for many years, have a Bachelor of Arts in Music, and I've done martial arts, meditation, yoga, and Chi Gong. These days, I'm mostly sticking with Iyengar Yoga.

I have not spent extensive time in charitable organizations: ashrams in Europe and India, 3 Vipassana courses. But I'm too much of a loner to go to a commune-type of living pattern.

You can see my chart on this thread:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55021

Namaste!

FarEastUranus

Hi Nirmegha,

I found the Uranus aspects! I don't know why I didn't even notice before :surprised:

Uranus Aspects
Uranus sextile Ascendant orb +1°12'
Moon sextile Uranus orb -1°40'
Saturn square Uranus orb -6°44'
Sun sextile Uranus orb -6°15'

What about you?