Magic 8 ball technique

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir

If the querent were the mother of the son, and she was asking about her son's girlfriend:
-mother asking the question = 1st house
-her son = 5th house
-her son's girlfriend = 7th from the 5th = 12th house of the chart
-the son's girlfriend's pregnancy potential = 5th from girlfriend's signifying house = 5th from the 12th = 4th house of the chart.
So, the 4th house of the chart would be the quesited signifying house, and also would be used (its cusp used) in computing the Lot of Conception for the son's girlfriend.

Thank You for your `expertise` as a co-creator (which we ALL are) uniquely individually in this `Magnificent` play of Material`Life`....

NEVER allow Planetary Predictive Trends Freak anyone out ....You are Not at their `Mercy` ... they are purely `Helping-You-Out` .....

They are but `Gentle Indicators` Positive/Negative evaluations of what is in vogue right now ..... That`s all ....

Were Universal Energies not the Simplistic/Pure/Intelligent/KNOWING Dominant Force there would be chaos overall which there is NOT ....

Life has ALWAYS IMPROVED regardless during ALL of our Lifetimes ... DESPITE any DOOM/GLOOM Predictions otherwise :love:

How we ASCERTAIN such is by discerning how `Energy`(the life-force) flows within US ? MOMENT-TO-MOMENT ..

Every Cell expands via `Positivity` and `Contracts` when Negatively` focused `Emotionally` ... this has been proved categorically scientifically now ..

BLISS (IS-THE-NATURAL-STATE-OF-BEING) ..

The `Universe` tenderly reminds us of that ....

If the querent were the mother of the son, and she was asking about her son's girlfriend:
-mother asking the question = 1st house
-her son = 5th house
-her son's girlfriend = 7th from the 5th = 12th house of the chart
-the son's girlfriend's pregnancy potential = 5th from girlfriend's signifying house = 5th from the 12th = 4th house of the chart.
So, the 4th house of the chart would be the quesited signifying house, and also would be used (its cusp used) in computing the Lot of Conception for the son's girlfriend.

Brilliant !

Lot-of Conception :happy:

ASC+SUN-MARS=SCORPIO 3 /2 House 4 .... is H pregnant?

Arena

Just for an update so we can all learn.
Very good news already, I did sell my first property today :)
Will get paid in March for it.

Am already preparing to sell the next one, hopefully this month, but might not happen until April though.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=540996

Since 8 ball did get it right when I asked about sale last time, I decided to ask again for this month. I only sold the one property in last question - so now I really do need to make more money for this month preferably since I am broke now and will therefore ask if I will make money selling my next property this month, in April.

By the 8 ball technique, the answer is a no if looking at the 4th house and using traditional ruler of Aq Saturn. But if looking at 2nd house the answer would be yes.

Attachments

• Will I make money selling another property in April.jpg
    Will I make money selling another property in April.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 21

Since 8 ball did get it right when I asked about sale last time, I decided to ask again for this month. I only sold the one property in last question - so now I really do need to make more money for this month preferably since I am broke now and will therefore ask if I will make money selling my next property this month, in April.

By the 8 ball technique, the answer is a no if looking at the 4th house and using traditional ruler of Aq Saturn. But if looking at 2nd house the answer would be yes.

A suggestion :happy:

Clearly you desire a `Positive` Outcome which is only likely IF expectation is leaning in that direction, instead of it`s opposite :love:

When Desperate we tend to believe we must FOCUS Negatively ... when CHOICE of FOCUSING Positively is EQUAL (in spite of what IS) ..

Hope even is so much better than trepidation Emotionally/Energetically ....

Lean that way more-and-more re Life situations regardless .... twill incline Cosmic energies in your favour .... :happy:

Arena :love:

What is so ASTONISHING (TO ME PERSONALLY) is how much importance we give to THOUGHT ...

It is but FLUFF (floating by) until we attach EMOTION TO IT ...

There is no such thing as a NEGATIVE Thought .. ALL-ARE-EQUAL and dismissable AT-WILL ...

Universal Energies are BLISSFUL/ECSTATIC PHENOMENA WITHIN outside of MIND once we capitulate to Living-in-the-Moment ....

ie ... in this moment ? how would I prefer to feel ?:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

LOVE Trumps ALL (WE CRAVE IT INSTINCTIVELY) so FOCUS there (just for now) and the next NOW etc ...

Divination is a WONDERFUL TOOL and can be great FUN when applied generally .... tis but a temporary indicator ... A-GOOD-THING .... :kissing:

When directed personally (unless grounded emotionally) has the propensity to unhinge the querent re the desired outcome IF BELIEVED IN ! ... positive/negative etc ...

A Negative `Magic 8 Ball` targeted House plus Lot should be a RARE ANOMALY given 10 out of 12 Houses are ON-OUR-SIDE emphatically :love:

The NO simply indicates GENTLY ? we are FOCUSING to-our-detriment IN THIS MOMENT .. TRULY ...

Try tidying up your point-of-focus EMOTIONALLY ... and ALL the other 10 (BENEFIC PLANETS) will respond favourably ......

Arena

He dr. farr
I know you are a traditional kind of guy, right?
But have you looked into the outer planets, Uranus, Pluto and Neptune, as modern rulers and if they play a part in this 8 ball technique? Or not at all?

dr. farr

Actually I am an eclectic, taking elements of traditional, Hellenist, Vedic and Modernist astrological models in making my own unique approach; yes I do accept and extensively use the outers (and even crescent on cross Lilith!) in various delineations-although I have not found it necessary (except occasionally) to use them in horary.

In the Magic 8 Ball divination, I took this as I learned it (allegedly it derives from the Walis, a group or tribe of Arabic astrologers during the time of al-Biruni-c 1029 AD-who were generally despised by the "higher class" mainstream astrologers of the Islamic transitional era-such as al-Biruni) This "model" used only the 7 planets (and the South Node) known in those olden times: in testing this model I wanted to use it only as I learned it, to see if there was anything to it of any value. To my great surprise, it seems there is validity (predictive accuracy) to this model (for yes and no type questions), at least so far in my testing (the 8 Ball is holding at 80% correct predictions as the number of tests here on AW reaches nearly 200)-so, I am not going to "tamper with" this model, but rather will test it in the form I learned it in, and see if its (apparent) accuracy rate (or anything approaching it) will continue, so that it might eventually be determined to be a reliable predictive tool for yes/no type prognostic questions.

Arena

I'm happy to "meet" someone who uses this kind of eclectic approach, if he is capable of using the best of those methods to make things more understandable and usable even.

I might rephrase the question, because what I was actually trying to fish for was if you've checked those 8 ball cases where Pluto, Uranus and Neptune would be the rulers (modern approach) and what those cases returned as an answer?

dr. farr

No I have not done so. But notice this (considering modernist rulerships):
-Pluto has been considered a higher octave of Mars, and is given rulership of Scorpio: so Pluto = Mars, thus the "no" answer for Scorpio would remain unchanged
-Neptune has been considered a higher octave of Venus, and is given rulership of Pisces; so Neptune = Venus, thus the "yes" answer for Pisces would remain unchanged
-but Uranus is a different case: Uranus has been considered a higher octave of Mercury, and since Mercury = a "yes" answer in the 8 Ball model (as ruler of Gemini and Virgo), this would seem to make Aquarius a "yes" answer; however, Modernist pioneer Charles Carter considered Uranus a mixture of Mercury and Mars qualities (and I follow Carter in this estimation), so that would bring Aquarius into a "maybe" answer sign (yes for the Mercury quality of Uranus, no for the Mars qualitiy):
Thus, with these considerations, the 8 Ball would change from 7 yes 4 no 1 maybe, signs, to 7 yes, 3 no and 2 maybe signs; the "maybies" would be doubled by this consideration of the Modernist rulers and inclusion of the outers.

Nothing to prevent anyone from testing the Magic 8 Ball model using these considerations; however, for me, I'll continue with the testing of the format that was originally used.

Arena

Thank you dr. farr
This is indeed helpful information.

For my last question of selling another property/getting money into my account this month, April ... with 2 weeks of it passed already and a whole week off now for Easter holidays it does look like it will either be a NO - but there have been news today that could bring it to a maybe answer towards the last days of this month :)

MAYBE is `Hopeful`, and therefore ALWAYS better than NO :love:

Take that as `improvement` re speculation ...

We cannot FORCE/PROJECT future progress into being with dogged determination anxiously .....

There is only NOW EVER ...

The Universe KNOWS that and is reflecting such back to us LOVINGLY continuously :happy:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hi dr. farr: Spent last night reading here about your magic 8 ball technique and thought I'd throw my chart into the ring to add to your statistical analysis.

The last company my son worked for contacted him recently about issues relating to reasons he left 7 months ago. I asked him what the odds were they would ask him back and he said it was very low. So I asked the horary question "Will J get hired back at newspaper co.?" The Moon is voc which shows nothing coming of the matter. It's rare that I see a voc Moon produce a yes answer. Although, Jupiter ruler of turned 3rd (newspaper co.) in 7th (human resource manager) is making a trine to Saturn, turned 5th house ruler.

Looking at this chart using your method the company will hire him again. Using 10th house from 5th Venus rules giving a 'yes'. Using 6th house Mercury rules giving a 'yes'. Part of Success is at 21' Sag 37, Jupiter rules also saying 'yes'.

He liked his job there and if the woman in the human resources dept. is making some changes to support it's employees, he would reconsider working there.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/char...min=23&lat=33.55&long=81.72&zone=11&e1=0&e2=1

Arena

Update:
The answer turned out to be a NO like predicted by 8 ball.

Arena

It really does look like this method works very well and it is much more simple than horary technique - although horary might give much more precise answers and answer even more than what is asked.

I will therefore add more samples to dr. farr's study and post yet another chart to ask if I will sell a property this month, in the month of May. I know the month is almost finished, but I'll ask anyway as there are still a few days left to make a sale. Even though I would get a confirmed offe this month, I would not get paid for that sell until next month - so this question is just for the 4th house.

So here is the chart, and the answer is a definite NO answer again
4th house is Scorpio and even has Saturn inside it - so a double NONO :)
No luck for me this month. So I really need my luck to pick up next month.

Attachments

• 8ball, sale in May.jpg
    8ball, sale in May.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 28

Arena

dr. farr
Just let me/us know if you prefer not to have more examples of the same kind of question for your study :)

I will keep asking about property sale probably for every month of this year just for my own study :) I do want to advance fast into a good income in this business, but it seems that it will take quite a while.

Arena

It really does look like this method works very well and it is much more simple than horary technique - although horary might give much more precise answers and answer even more than what is asked.

I will therefore add more samples to dr. farr's study and post yet another chart to ask if I will sell a property this month, in the month of May. I know the month is almost finished, but I'll ask anyway as there are still a few days left to make a sale. Even though I would get a confirmed offe this month, I would not get paid for that sell until next month - so this question is just for the 4th house.

So here is the chart, and the answer is a definite NO answer again
4th house is Scorpio and even has Saturn inside it - so a double NONO :)
No luck for me this month. So I really need my luck to pick up next month.

Well this is the first time 8ball has been wrong in my questions.
I did sell a property last monday, the 26th May.
I will not get paid for that sale until in June though, but 8 ball was wrong, unless we would start to consider equal houses instead of whole sign houses.

What do you think dr. farr?

Arena

And now, since it is the first day of June, I find it appropriate to ask about yet another sale in June. I do know that I will be registering a property, maybe more than one - the question is if I'll sell at least one property in the month of June.

So here is the chart casted, and the answer is a YES, I like that the ruler is indeed Jupiter and it is now in direct motion :) ...so my hope is that it will be a bigger property this time, giving me more salary.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-06-01 11:31:37.jpg
    Screenshot from 2014-06-01 11:31:37.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 27

dr. farr

Well this is the first time 8ball has been wrong in my questions.
I did sell a property last monday, the 26th May.
I will not get paid for that sale until in June though, but 8 ball was wrong, unless we would start to consider equal houses instead of whole sign houses.

What do you think dr. farr?

In my experiments with the 8 Ball it has proven incorrect in over 40 instances-however, it has proven correct in over 200 cases: ie, it continues to hold (for me) at the 80% correct level, which-for a method I once thought would be no better than 50/50 (due to its extreme simplicity) remains rather astonishing!
We'll see what the future shows...