Translation of light - technical question

Milarien

A technical question while I continue to practice my understanding of translation of light.

The significators in this chart do not make an aspect - Mars (L1) and Venus (L7) - there is some minor reception between them, but I was wondering about the moon... it has made an aspect to Venus - separating trine and I thought it was making an applying sextile to Mars, which would translate the light, but then I realised it was actually separating from that too, so that would nullify the TOL.. is this correct?

Many thanks.
Mila

Attachments

• technical question translation of light.png
    technical question translation of light.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
With TOL, the faster body applies to one body while separating from the other; takes from one and gives to the other, so to speak.
If the faster body is separating from or leaving both of the other two bodies, that it cannot be taking from one to give to the other. So there is no translation of light.

Bunraku

I mean the TOL was in the past. Speaking of which I don’t know what the exact orbs of Venus/Sun/Moon are, but typically planets that are combust (and not adding it’s debilitated status in this case) cannot receive light properly. It corrupts the matter.

Also how is he gonna cut you off? He’s literally on you (ASC). He’s all up in your businesses :lol: I’m joking :) I saw the last aspect was a grisly opposition from Saturn. Yikes!

Milarien

I mean the TOL was in the past. Speaking of which I don’t know what the exact orbs of Venus/Sun/Moon are, but typically planets that are combust (and not adding it’s debilitated status in this case) cannot receive light properly. It corrupts the matter.

I saw the last aspect was a grisly opposition from Saturn. Yikes!

Thanks for that, and yeah, the saturn opposition was pretty bad... but this was really just a technical question because I was struggling with TOL (and getting it wrong a lot), so it was great to get it right!

Much appreciate the added info on combust planets! I wasn't sure about that.

Cheers
Mila