Should I pursue a kindergarten teacher career?

HailxxNight

I am torn! I have been in school for three years working on my bachelor and now doing my practicum hours. I know I want young grades (no older than 3rd grade) but always been fixated on preschool till I realize that wasn't for me. Then I thought 1st grade as its still in resemblance to preschool but focuses more on the academics which I love the curriculum of 1st grade and working with that young of children :) But now I am wondering if kindergaten I will be more happy with and going to be doing my practicum hours in both kindergaten and 1st grade level to see first hands-on perspective. I wanted to ask a chart if I will excel as a kindergaten teacher?

I am so unsure how to read this chart but looking at my sig exalting both my 3rd and 5th house tells me teaching yes but I am asking if kindergaten is the grade I should focus on? :)

I and moon make aspects to venus which goes to 8th so I am not sure if that is saying teaching that works one-on-one as kindergaten teachers work closely with their students and 1st grade. I appreciate any help reading the chart as I am not sure here. Thank you so much! :)

Attachments

• horary chart.jpg
    horary chart.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 32

obsidianmineral

I am torn! I have been in school for three years working on my bachelor and now doing my practicum hours. I know I want young grades (no older than 3rd grade) but always been fixated on preschool till I realize that wasn't for me. Then I thought 1st grade as its still in resemblance to preschool but focuses more on the academics which I love the curriculum of 1st grade and working with that young of children :) But now I am wondering if kindergaten I will be more happy with and going to be doing my practicum hours in both kindergaten and 1st grade level to see first hands-on perspective. I wanted to ask a chart if I will excel as a kindergaten teacher?

I am so unsure how to read this chart but looking at my sig exalting both my 3rd and 5th house tells me teaching yes but I am asking if kindergaten is the grade I should focus on? :)

I and moon make aspects to venus which goes to 8th so I am not sure if that is saying teaching that works one-on-one as kindergaten teachers work closely with their students and 1st grade. I appreciate any help reading the chart as I am not sure here. Thank you so much! :)

Hello HailXXnight,

I personally use traditional techniques to read horary charts. I have found that the chart that was erected is not radical as the hour-ruler Venus is not the same as the rising sign, it doesn't rule the rising sign by triplicity, nor is it of the same complexion or nature as the sign that is ascending. Also, the ruler of the rising sign isn't in the same triplicity as the hour-ruler. So the chart can't be read.

HailxxNight

Hello HailXXnight,

I personally use traditional techniques to read horary charts. I have found that the chart that was erected is not radical as the hour-ruler Venus is not the same as the rising sign, it doesn't rule the rising sign by triplicity, nor is it of the same complexion or nature as the sign that is ascending. Also, the ruler of the rising sign isn't in the same triplicity as the hour-ruler. So the chart can't be read.

Shoot I was hopping. But I will see myself when I do my practicum hours just wanted to ask a chart if it could show the exaltion of teaching with kindergateners or 1st grade :)

rafaella

I don't put much weight on radicality of a chart, since Lilly didn't care much about it himself, and had accurate predictions - most of his charts in CA are non radical!

In this chart, Moon is void, meaning it won't complete anymore applications in the sign its in, its next aspect is an opposition to Mercury, which rules 1st and 10th, so I dare say there will be some strife and difficulty with choosing career that is right for you, so you many abandon what you are doing now in favour of something else, but whether you will find right the next time is uncertain because of the opposition.

Venus is the course you are doing and its in detriment, Mer applies to it. Moon does translate Mercury to Venus after sign change, so I'm thinking there will be a struggle but eventually you will decide on something. What that is, I'm uncertain. I wonder why is 8th house here somehow important? Perhaps to do with student loans?

Do you have to study again in order to become a kindergarten teacher, or just do the practicum hours?

HailxxNight

I don't put much weight on radicality of a chart, since Lilly didn't care much about it himself, and had accurate predictions - most of his charts in CA are non radical!

In this chart, Moon is void, meaning it won't complete anymore applications in the sign its in, its next aspect is an opposition to Mercury, which rules 1st and 10th, so I dare say there will be some strife and difficulty with choosing career that is right for you, so you many abandon what you are doing now in favour of something else, but whether you will find right the next time is uncertain because of the opposition.

Venus is the course you are doing and its in detriment, Mer applies to it. Moon does translate Mercury to Venus after sign change, so I'm thinking there will be a struggle but eventually you will decide on something. What that is, I'm uncertain. I wonder why is 8th house here somehow important? Perhaps to do with student loans?

Do you have to study again in order to become a kindergarten teacher, or just do the practicum hours?

No I am doing elementary education which includes being certified for kindergarten :) If anything I am thinking of pursuing a master in elementary mathematics or if I find younger children I want to work with than it would be CDA which is pertained to working with preschool children really. I am still thinking if I want to pursue that route but wanted to ask if I should aim for kindergaten. I will be doing my practicum so will see first hand and so weird that the 8th house is always prominent when I ask. Maybe it means continue my education that involves more intensive research I dont know but thank you for your help reading the chart:)

Last edited:

tikana

I wouldn't do it
Merc u and the job about to b opposed by moon kids.. No way

dr. farr

I pretty much have to join with the generally negative indications mentioned by our AW members above.

For me:
-since this is a request for advice type chart, I take the 10th house as "the advice"; 10th whole sign house is Gemini = Mercury, and 1st house (querent house) is Virgo (also = Mercury); so Mercury-a planet connected with education-is clearly the overall significator here; now, Mercury is posited in the 6th whole sign house, thus cadent (many oldtime authors considering the 6th house the "weakest" house of any given chart)-so I would consider Mercury in detriment here; also, the 11th house can be considered a "house of success and fulfillment" when looking at careers: Cancer is on the 11th house in this chart, which = Moon; and Moon flows away from significator Merucry, indicating that there might be lack of success and/or fulfillment, in this situation.

HailxxNight

I wouldn't do it
Merc u and the job about to b opposed by moon kids.. No way

Hi Tikana :)

Thank you, so mercury opposition moon and job moon was the red flag and answer :) Ive been so unclear originally wanting preschool but after interacting with my niece I realized I want more of the academics structure. But still love young kids at heart but this is good to see than :) Thank you for helping me see the clear red flag and not be as torn really lol :)

HailxxNight

I pretty much have to join with the generally negative indications mentioned by our AW members above.

For me:
-since this is a request for advice type chart, I take the 10th house as "the advice"; 10th whole sign house is Gemini = Mercury, and 1st house (querent house) is Virgo (also = Mercury); so Mercury-a planet connected with education-is clearly the overall significator here; now, Mercury is posited in the 6th whole sign house, thus cadent (many oldtime authors considering the 6th house the "weakest" house of any given chart)-so I would consider Mercury in detriment here; also, the 11th house can be considered a "house of success and fulfillment" when looking at careers: Cancer is on the 11th house in this chart, which = Moon; and Moon flows away from significator Merucry, indicating that there might be lack of success and/or fulfillment, in this situation.

Thank you Dr. Farr for pointing our how you read the chart and seeing the red flag that it is not the route :)

HailxxNight

I wanted to ask for clarification or more so guidance if a preschool career is what I should pursue with as I originally wanted. I did my praticum hours with a first grade classroom liking the feel but my heart still flows to working with preschool as I noticed myself it was the little things in the class that reminded me of a preschool environment had me smiling and loving my program more.

Preschool has always been my original love and I am thinking about re-directing my attention to it. I am planning on going into a preschool setting so I can truly assess if this is what I want but I wanted to ask if a chart also could show red flags as this is not the path. If is, I have to continue school as my degree is elementary and I will need a degree in early childhood which I am thinking of pursuing after my first bachelor.

This chart has venus applying to 11th house and uranus...is this suggesting a go for it?? Im thankful for any insight and time :)

Attachments

• horary chart.jpg
    horary chart.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 19

dr. farr

This is an "advice-request" question: the 10th house is significator of the "advice" (according to the method I follow)

-querent = 1st house = Taurus = Venus significator
-10th house (the advice) = Aquarius = Saturn significator
-career also = 10th house = Aquarius = Saturn significator
-high advancement and happiness = 11th house = Pisces = Jupiter significator

:querent Venus flows away from Saturn = - testimony
:querent Venus posited in the 12th whole sign house (and in detriment in Aries) = - testimony
:10th house significator (both for the advice and for career) Saturn is posited in the 8th whole sign house = - testimony
:Jupiter (11th house significator) retrogrades away from Saturn (also querent significator Venus flows away from Jupiter) = - testimony
:South Node posits the 11th whole sign house/sign (Pisces) = - testimony
:Moon flows away from "advice" (and career) significator Saturn = - testimony

All testimonies (by my method) are -; unfortunately I have to give a "NO" answer to this question.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I get a negative answer even by using the simple Magic 8 Ball astro-divination method:pinched::
-career = 10th house = Aquarius = Saturn = a "no" answer by the 8 Ball criteria
-advancement/joy and happiness = 11th house = Pisces: South Node is in Pisces which = automatic "no" answer by the 8 Ball criteria

HailxxNight

This is an "advice-request" question: the 10th house is significator of the "advice" (according to the method I follow)

-querent = 1st house = Taurus = Venus significator
-10th house (the advice) = Aquarius = Saturn significator
-career also = 10th house = Aquarius = Saturn significator
-high advancement and happiness = 11th house = Pisces = Jupiter significator

:querent Venus flows away from Saturn = - testimony
:querent Venus posited in the 12th whole sign house (and in detriment in Aries) = - testimony
:10th house significator (both for the advice and for career) Saturn is posited in the 8th whole sign house = - testimony
:Jupiter (11th house significator) retrogrades away from Saturn (also querent significator Venus flows away from Jupiter) = - testimony
:South Node posits the 11th whole sign house/sign (Pisces) = - testimony
:Moon flows away from "advice" (and career) significator Saturn = - testimony

All testimonies (by my method) are -; unfortunately I have to give a "NO" answer to this question.

I was completely reading the chart wrong! I am so glad I posted it and thank you so much for the help :) I am glad than because I was considering of going back to school for a bachelor in early childhood and thinking I made a mistake switching it to elementary when I am nearing my program. I think focusing on 1st grade is the grade I am going to be assure with as my practicum I liked the feel and felt this is a good grade I want to teach :) I was just wondering if preschool as it was originally was the path I should stay with.

Thank you again Dr. Farr for your help and time :)

LillyLane

as a first year pre school teacher, your going in the right direction. I know they are cute but they do not know how to use words and have their fingers in their mouths constantly! I am always sick and tired due to the germs and energy to keep up with them, they also do not have self regulation skills either...it's just a lot of work with these little ones.