Venus in a hard (minor) aspect to the MC?

Cascada

Will this prevent me from reaching success in the Arts (as Venus rules the arts)? In my chart, Venus rules the 3rd and 10th houses and is in conjunction with the moon in the 2nd house. But, it makes a minor but hard aspect to the MC. Venus sesquiquadrate Midheaven- it's not a major aspect but I've read that wherever this aspect is in your chart shows disappointments? :unsure:

IleneK

Premium Member
Will this prevent me from reaching success in the Arts (as Venus rules the arts)? In my chart, Venus rules the 3rd and 10th houses and is in conjunction with the moon in the 2nd house. But, it makes a minor but hard aspect to the MC. Venus sesquiquadrate Midheaven- it's not a major aspect but I've read that wherever this aspect is in your chart shows disappointments? :unsure:

Hi, Cascada.

The derivatives of the traditional "hard' aspects [the square and opposition] are more tense than the "easy" aspects, but the harder aspects do not all point to disappointment. And when we divide the hard aspect, like down to 45 degrees or 135 degrees [90 + 45 ], or down to multiples of 22.5 degrees, there is less tension. Although I would say there is clearly some impact. By transit, these kinds of lesser hard aspects do trigger our natal points and midpoints.

And even if Venus did square the MC, it would not necessarily obstruct your achieving a career in the arts. It just might be more difficult to clearly understand the path you need to follow in order to reach your desired ends. But once you do understand, you will have greater power to accomplish your goals than if you had a trine or sextile. After all, a sextile, for example, is thought by some astrologer's to be only an opportunity, not a guarantee, of success.

Exploring other aspects to Venus and the MC in your natal chart, as well as the chart as a whole, would tell us the fuller story about your personal blueprint, your potential, to achieve your aspirations in the outer world.

Wishing you the best,