Solve my 2nd House Riddle, PLEASE!

Quicksilver82

I have some pretty mixed feelings (and interpretations) about my 2nd house:

1. Ruler is
s_ju.18.gif
(yippe!), but
s_ne.18.gif
is there (yikes!). - I always "feel" that everything is going to be okay despite the circumstances, and usually it is
smiley.gif

s_ju.18.gif
is in the 12th - I definitely spend a lot of money on the occult sciences. It is also
s_sxt.18.gif
s_su.18.gif
s_pis.18.gif
is intercepted.
s_ne.18.gif
makes the following aspects:

s_tri.18.gif
Midheaven
s_sxt.18.gif
Saturn
s_sxt.18.gif
Pluto

Also, I understand that
s_ve.18.gif
(money) should be taken into consideration. My
s_ve.18.gif
is in the 9th and
s_con.18.gif
MC. Among other things, it forms a nice
s_tri.18.gif
with
s_ne.18.gif
. Here are the other aspects to Venus:

s_opp.18.gif
Moon
s_squ.18.gif
Ascendant
s_squ.18.gif
Uranus
s_squ.18.gif
Mars
s_tri.18.gif
Neptune
s_sxt.18.gif
Pluto
s_sxt.18.gif
Saturn
s_con.18.gif
MC

Can you all please help me figure out this puzzle? I guess I'm confused because, despite having Neptune there, it is not afflicted. Jupiter, it's ruler, is also not afflicted.

MaeMae

Banned
jupiter ruling second would lend toward excessiveness in providing yourself comfort and in comfortspending. Neptune in 2nd can indicate spiritually oriented values, even extremes of acetism with jupiter ruling. neptune can also confuse and rendler helpless, so you could be a victim of your excess, as well. be careful that your material well being is not being fooled by a sense that money will always be there. it's only when neptune slips the sand rug from beneath us that we realizing nothing is holding us up now. on the other hand, if you are more jupiterian than neptunian, your instincts will be much more practcal and values~based.
I'd say sources of income could come from spiritual or sea oriented items ~ "stuff" ~ 2nd house.
Maybe books or other learning materials being commerced ~ or even fine arts and crafts with mystical appreciation.
2nd house captures what we have, what we desire and therefore, represents what we value.
but it's no surprize you see this house as a puzzle in your chart. pisces traditional ruler of jupiter ruling 2nd and neptune in 2nd makes it hard to maneuver mentally.
i have pisces on 9th cusp and it's a hard house for me to understand on a macro level. even though that is jupiter's bag, not neptune's.

Munch

MaeMae, I was inclined to say something similar but then realized that we don't know for sure if Jupiter is ruling because it's Pisces or if it's Sagittarius in the 2nd house.

Still, I think you are pretty spot on as usual. :smile:

Wait, the original poster is a LEO MC so it must be Sagittarius in the 2nd house.

Last edited:

Claire19

We all do best with actual charts. Could you upload one for us from Astro.com?
Yes I think you pose this question in another astro site so use that chart.

Neptune in the 2nd can mean being on welfare or money and assets are stolen or slip through your fingers like water...Depends on the transits etc.

retinoid

You should have mixed feelings for your 2nd house. Jupiter being the ruler could mean you spend too much money, you are very generous, have a positive view on money. The ruler of the second house in the 12th could denote losses or that you are deceived somehow with money (especially with Neptune there). Never let ANYONE control your money...don't open joint checking accounts.