Venus has max shadbala but debilitated?

vinayak1989

Hello Friends,

I had question about what it means for a gemini rising to have Venus debilitated and having maximum shadbala? Although I am in jup-sat period i wanted to know what this means?

Thanks,
Vinayak

vinayak1989

Venus debilitated and having maximum shadbala

Hello Friends,

I had question about what it means for a gemini rising to have Venus debilitated and having maximum shadbala? Although I am in jup-sat period i wanted to know what this means?

Thanks,
Vinayak

vinayak1989

Interesting

Hey Friends,

I found out that my chart with 4 planets sun,ketu,mars,and mercury has the maximum bav bhala which is the 3rd house Leo. I was wondering what this means since i am in jupiter mahadahsa and saturn bhukti my jupiter in 1st house and saturn in 7th. By shadbala Venus is the strongest although debilitated . I would much appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Vinayak

vinayak1989

Vedic interpretation

Hello,

I wanted to get a vedic interpretation on this chart...as i am trying to figure my career..Please let me know what you think? Attached is the chart.

Thanks,
Vinayak

Attachments

• Vinayak Venkata Narayana-chart.jpg
    Vinayak Venkata Narayana-chart.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 40

vinayak1989

Re: Vedic interpretation

Hey Friends,

I found out that my chart with 4 planets sun,ketu,mars,and mercury has the maximum bav bhala which is the 3rd house Leo. I was wondering what this means since i am in jupiter mahadahsa and saturn bhukti my jupiter in 1st house and saturn in 7th. By shadbala Venus is the strongest although debilitated . I would much appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Vinayak

dr. farr

If Venus has maximum dignified shadbala, what do you mean when you state that Venus is debilitated? Is it detrimented by avastha or by ashtakavarga analysis? Venus is a functional benefic for a Gemini ascendant. Could you clarify your meaning?

vinayak1989

Hello Dr.Farr,

I meant Venus is debilitated by the placement of Venus in Virgo in sun's nakshatra which i have heard on numerous occasions that Venus though stong and benefic hinders it ability to perform. What do you think?

Thanks,
Vinayak

vinayak1989

sun,ketu, mars and mercury in leo opposite to moon and rahu

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what this means:- sun,ketu, mars and mercury in leo opposite to moon and rahu in aquarius...besides this is venus in virgo and saturn in saggitarius and jupiter in ascendent gemini rising.

Thank you,
Vinayak

Attachments

• vinayak-chart.jpg
    vinayak-chart.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 24

dr. farr

Hello Dr.Farr,

I meant Venus is debilitated by the placement of Venus in Virgo in sun's nakshatra which i have heard on numerous occasions that Venus though stong and benefic hinders it ability to perform. What do you think?

Thanks,
Vinayak

Yes its potential would be impeded, however the shadbala (or ashtakavarga) considerations, if strong, would tend to overcome this; further, check the Venus situation in the D9 (navamsha) chart: IF Venus is weak (debilitated, detrimented) there, then the overall Venus situation (as you indicated regarding the Venus/D1 chart) would be impeded; HOWEVER, if the Venus situation in the D9 is strong, then Venus overall would be benefic and would operate well regardless of the D1 Venus in Virgo, Venus in Sun's nakshatra, considerations.

vinayak1989

Hello Dr.farr,

Thank you for the response and yes Venus is exalted in the navamsa...please take a look at this chart!

Thank you,
Vinayak

Attachments

• vinayak-chart.jpg
    vinayak-chart.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 33

vinayak1989

It is interesting to not that in the navamsa that jupiter gets debilation. Venus exalted although it's in 12th house and there is also the aspect of mars on Venus by way of 8th house aspect and neptune opposition and jupiter's aspect. I am not sure how we would go about this?

Thanks,
Vinayak

dr. farr

My opinion: consider Venus, overall, as a functional benefic for you: this would indicate a favorable influence on the D1 houses ruled by Venus (houses of Taurus and Libra), that Venus transits would be favorable, and that the mahadasha and antardasha periods of Venus would be benefic.
In my opinion, Rahu in 11th (D1) and 8th (D9) would have a favorable influence. 5th house (looking at the D1 and the D9 combined) seems a problematical house.

vinayak1989

That is interesting since during my Rahu Mahadasa, i had nothing but problems and many of it health related....I had bronchitis, fever, headaches, discontinued education, and fear of most many things for the entire dash. Its not until recently when my Jupiter mahadasha started that things started to calm down. These is one of the reasons i am trying to investigate all possible sides. Also i have the innate fear of drowning and crashing. Therefore i do not swim or drive....although i am looked forward to fly a plane of course i will have to overcome the discomfort/sickness of motion.

dr. farr

I use ashtakavarga analysis (rather than shadbala or grahabala or avastha) in my experiments in determining strength or weakness of chart components, and thus of the likely influence of planetary dasha periods: over on the tropical-vedic-astrology.net/forums/ website I have given the method of determining the likely favorable or unfavorable influences of Vimshottari dasha periods using BAV tables (from the ashtakavarga analytical method) to make such determinations-you might find it of some value to make such an analysis of the rashi chart planets to see what the likely influences of each mahadasha and antardasha period might be.

vinayak1989

Thank You Dr.Farr, i went through the whole post and i had a few questions first was jupiter my astakavarga is very strong for me with a 7 in its placement and it is his mahadasa. I have used astakvarga before, coming to my question what is the significance or result if jupiter is in gemini(enemy's house)? Also what does it mean during saturn's mahadasha which was interpreted my other astrologer's as a favorable time for me, probably the best but astakvarga is only 2?

Thanking You,
Vinayak

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Venus,
Strong planet in this horoscope, forming Rajyog (fifth house lord in fourth house - trine lord in Kendra). What does debilitated means - it means by nature Neech at times this tendency of planet is considered to be good. Some domestic issues related to mother, happiness, house can be there, but will give benefit during its period. Linkage with house of expense, foreign lands etc. Venus - giving auspicious aspect on the house of profession, connectivity of profession with foreign land. Good for profession during it's period. Good education and education related profession.
Shadbal and ashtak varga will guide us for strength of planet, but placement and lord ship will indicate for the promise of the planet. This Venus will solve purpose by - Sam/dam/dand/bhed policy.
Navmansha chart, its a very good position in 12th house and in exalted sign. Very good, later part of Venus will be better than first part of the period or we can say improvement in planet.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Thank You Dr.Farr, i went through the whole post and i had a few questions first was jupiter my astakavarga is very strong for me with a 7 in its placement and it is his mahadasa. I have used astakvarga before, coming to my question what is the significance or result if jupiter is in gemini(enemy's house)? Also what does it mean during saturn's mahadasha which was interpreted my other astrologer's as a favorable time for me, probably the best but astakvarga is only 2?

Thanking You,
Vinayak

For me, with a BAV bindu count of 7 Jupiter will (likely) overcome the Gemini ascendant influence and be a benefic planet for you, and its mahadasha and antardash would be favorable.

Saturn with a BAV bindu count of only 2 would strongly indicate (to me) that Saturn's dahsa periods would be unfavorable-since Rahu is in many ways similar in nature to Saturn (according to most Vedic authors) this might be why you had such a difficult time in Rahu's dasha.

However, please be aware that my approach to Vedic (and also to Western astrology) is eclectic and my opinions should not be regarded as authoritative or "orthodox".

kshantaram

Premium Member
venus debilated, but debilation cancelled by lord mercury being placed 7th quadrant from the moon; moreover jupiter the sign of it's elevation makes a 4th/75% aspect over venus - debilation cancelled suggests slower pace of growth - say in terms of health, mother's health, education, property matters, romance, advisory/managerial position, etc.

debilated venus makes elevated aspect over 10th house for career promoting the same significantly, reaching heights some day, while lord 10th jupiter is over the ascendant and protective of the chart.

shadbala is quantified strength, which could be for good or evil. debilated venus is self-centred in approach, while the other negative aspects could thus be acute in the beginning but gradually improve as time progresses owing to cancellation of debilation. venus strong in the navamsa too.

venus is lord 12th for foreign lands, hence debilated venus over the 4th could suggest discomfort over the motherland, and tendency for seeking comforts in foreign lands.

jupiter as lord 7th is badhaka/inimical for the gemini ascendant, hence jupiter over gemini asc could impact health, say lungs/asthma perhaps being airy sign representing chest/lungs, while aspecting own sagittarius 7th could be protective of career and relationship but under stress and delay being the badhaka sign. jupiter also represents 10th house for career, and being over unfriendly gemini could suggest career related stress,

while could promote analytical abilities in terms of mere information-data processing abilities, while gemini though curious and analytical is a confused sign with lots of information and paralyis through analysis living more in the mind negating jupiter's wisdom/holistic approach. may be not good at final diagnosis and decision making, could play supportive information processing computerisation role, to focus upon.

jupiter's presence in gemini could come in the way of intellectual-analytical abilities, being badhaka, and add further to the confusion - intellect and wisdom at conflict, alike the pandavas in mahabharata perhaps! the confused Arjuna! to merely put it illustratively.

hope the generic observations help reflect further - wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited: