1993 conjunction of Uranus and Neptune

EJ53

Banned
My grand-daughter, who was born in September 1993, has an exact conjunction in Capricorn of Neptune/Uranus/Ascendant. I know that the Uranus/Neptune conjunction occurs only every 171 years and, in the past, the generations born with this configuration were the catalysts for considerable social reforms. Anyone got any ideas about what to expect from my grand-daughter's generation - and what having this conjunction exactly on her Ascendant might mean?

EJ:)

EJ53

Banned
Radu said:
... that she will be a catalyst for considerable social reforms ?
:rolleyes:

Thanks, Radu. However, I've been observing her development closely for the last 15 years with this in mind, and see no signs of it yet. I can see the Neptune influence clearly, but not Uranus or the ascendant/catalyst element.
Maybe that will appear "when the time is right".

wilsontc

Staff member
it's personal, to EJ

EJ,

You asked:
EJ53 said:
My grand-daughter...has an exact conjunction in Capricorn of Neptune/Uranus/Ascendant...Anyone got any ideas about what to expect from my grand-daughter's generation - and what having this conjunction exactly on her Ascendant might mean?

This is a combination of person (Ascendant) structuring (Capricorn) and unstructuring (Uranus)/dissolving (Neptune). So there is a lot of confusion and readjusting to be made. Since it hits on the Ascendant, this is a personal issue. As you know, only your grand-daughter can ever fully know the answer to the question "What does this mean to you?", but here is a link to some thoughts about what it MIGHT mean:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/uranus-conjunct-neptune.php

Linking,

Tim

pwadm

Staff member
Introduce her to astrology and different forms of spirituality.

Don't expect these planetary energies to express themselves from early ages. These are however finer energies that don't necessarily reflect a child's field of activity.

Having personal planets in aspect with the Uranus-Neptune conjunction would help.Otherwise, wait for transits. For instance, watch what happens when the Sun will transit that area soon enough.

Offer her Uranus/Neptune gift for Christmas ;) (she should love hitech gadgets - would an iPod or DVD player do the trick? but she probably already has them)

Keep in mind that her generation is the one of online communities and other forms of internet or technology addiction. Uranus conjunct Neptune might well express itself this way.

EJ53

Banned
Tim/Radu,

Thanks for your comments. Now I see that she is in fact moving in the "expected" direction, becoming more self-assured about her individuality/popularity and increasingly interested in technology. So far though, no interest in astrology or spiritual matters - although neither is she in any way materialistic.

EJ53

Banned
Caprising said:
My 15 year old son has the occasional intuitive communication happening , and I remember years ago when we were travelling in the car and he said to his mother "you better slow down mum, theres a truck pulling out over the hill" , his mother slowed down and of course there was a truck pulling out over the hill!

Yes, my grand-daughter has always done this kind of Neptune thing too.

EJ53

Banned
Jenna Jupiter said:
I don't like my generation in general (or dislike). I don't mind children or older people but i just don't feel at home with my generation.

This also used to be the case with my grand-daughter until a year ago, when a group of older pupils tried to bully her at school. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise - because she realised for the first time how much she was liked, when the whole of her class stood up to support her.

Awakened_Pisces

For plenty of us 90's kids it probably is this way. It is for me too. I generally despise my generation. They seem dreamy and out of touch with reality. I think the 90's generation might be split in two boats:

-one group has a serious mindset using it's Uranus-Neptune conjunction for thoughts of the future.

-The other group is more dreamy in a vivid fashion not so much for the future but for themselves.

That second group picks on the first btw.

EJ53

Banned
Awakened_Pisces said:
.....I think the 90's generation might be split in two boats:
-one group has a serious mindset using it's Uranus-Neptune conjunction for thoughts of the future.
-The other group is more dreamy in a vivid fashion not so much for the future but for themselves.
That second group picks on the first btw.

Yes.

The previous Neptune/Uranus conjunction was around 1821 and the one before that around 1650 - with the latter resulting in social changes through civil wars and the former achieving them through peaceful means. So, this conjunction does appear to produce two different mindsets - and history perhaps tells us why.

Last edited:

Epsilon

I was born in 1993, and I have this conjunct exact on my Ascendant. I've always been highly individualistic and non-conformist [Uranus], and I also like to learn [more Uranus]. However, I find myself to be very confused often [Neptune], and I am always asking others to tell me about myself. I guess it's kind of weird. It's like I don't see myself well, so I rely on others to tell me who I am [Neptune].

Unlike most (it seems) with this conjunction, my peers have treated me horribly. I guess you can call me the "class loser," you know, that guy who is always picked on by everyone else at school. :rolleyes: I just can't stand up for myself, unless someone takes something from me (I have a Taurus Sun ;)).

Like Radu made a mention of, I have an Internet addiction, I admit it. I really do love participating on online communities. :D

Jenna Jupiter said:
Don't remember how long i been into astrology but.... It attracts me and felt right from the begining. When i started to read about it , i felt "this is it".

Me too! I've been into astrology since I was 13 years old. Around the same time, I was also highly into numerology, palmistry, tarot cards, and other forms of spirituality. Although, I have decided, for the time being, to simply focus on astrology. I think it'd be best to tackle one subject at a time.

Anyway, that's just me sharing insights on the Uranus-Neptune conj. over Ascendant.

Nexus7

I was wondering what would happen when this generation hit their teens.

I see a lot of kids around with brightly-coloured and carefully-tufted hair, don't know if these are it, but suspect they might be.

I should think they might invent a whole new music that is their own, along with distinctive fashions too. Or I hand in my crystal ball.

There has to be more to them than just the internet, though good ole Tarnas certainly connected this generation to it.

Last edited:

Epsilon

Polo said:
Most of those kids are totally out of it.

I don't think that's much of an astrological influence. I think most kids are "out of it," because they are inexperienced and are still learning about the world.

Polo

Last time I went to school, more than half the kids didn't want to work. On top of that, every single one thinks they're special. :)