Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 12-22-2007, 11:12 PM

Is this a stellium?

This is from my Natal Chart:

Moon 11 Libra 53
Jupiter 03 Libra 06
Uranus 02 Libra 40
S. Node 01 Libra 12
Midheaven 24 Virgo 03
Pluto 24 Virgo 01

I'm using an orb of seven for conjunctions (8 for the Moon), but I've heard that for stelliums an orb of 10 is preferable. I guess as a second question, what is the proper orb for a stellium?

Unread 12-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Banned

Re: Is this a stellium?

i would consider it a stellium especially since the moon/pluto midpoint exactly conjuncts uranus,even though the orbs of moon and pluto are fairly wide.
the question of orb size is one of personal experience though i like tigher orbs.
rahu
Unread 12-23-2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiber_Space

Moon 11 Libra 53
Jupiter 03 Libra 06
Uranus 02 Libra 40
S. Node 01 Libra 12
Midheaven 24 Virgo 03
Pluto 24 Virgo 01

I'm using an orb of seven for conjunctions (8 for the Moon), but I've heard that for stelliums an orb of 10 is preferable. I guess as a second question, what is the proper orb for a stellium?
To answer your question in bold, I've attached a website that describes the different aspect patterns.
http://therealastrology.com/HTML/FAQ....html#Stellium

Quote:
A Stellium is technically a group of three or more planets that are conjunct each other. Being a 1st Harmonic (Conjunction) aspect pattern, the orbs allowable for a Stellium can be quite generous. The textbook definition of a Stellium would be three planets at the same degree of a sign, as in the Sun, Mars and Jupiter each at 12 Virgo (or each within a 1-2 orb of this point). Stelliums can also consist of two planets that, while they are too far apart to be considered to be Conjunct each other
[deleted overly long quote - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 03-04-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Unread 12-23-2007, 03:44 AM

Thanks Raven! That link was very informative. I also found that that link was actually a second page to an explanation about aspect patterns. I went to the first page and found that very informative as well.

Basically I can't include the nodes nor the Midheaven in determining whether or not I have a Stellium. As a result, Pluto can't be included in my Stellium. Only the Moon, Jupiter, and Uranus, and its only a Stellium by sign (Libra). While Jupiter is exactly Conjunct Uranus, the Moon only joins in by nature of being in the same sign.

Now I need to consider what this Stellium means for me. Thanks again.

-PS
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:04 AM

You're VERY welcome Psiber_Space. Always glad to be of help.

Best regards
tricky raven
Unread 03-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiber_Space View Post

Moon 11 Libra 53
Jupiter 03 Libra 06
Uranus 02 Libra 40
S. Node 01 Libra 12
Midheaven 24 Virgo 03
Pluto 24 Virgo 01

As the possessor of two stelliums I have to say with conjunctions that 6 degrees only with Sun and Moon. The nature of a conjunction is tightness. I would use no more than 4 degrees for the other planets.
With the nodes it is only about 2 degrees at most and really not included in a stellium although the north node is very important. I feel that the orb between Uranus and the Moon is very wide. But a stellium doesnt need to have conjunctions necessarily, just in the same sign and same house..
Unread 03-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiber_Space View Post

Moon 11 Libra 53
Jupiter 03 Libra 06
Uranus 02 Libra 40
S. Node 01 Libra 12
Midheaven 24 Virgo 03
Pluto 24 Virgo 01

My approach is three or more planets within 10 degrees of a Sign. That way there is a stellium in libra (Uranus, Jupiter and Moon). S. Node and Midheaven are not planets.
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

moon, jupiter and uranus are a stellium in my mind. MC and Node are sensitive points not planets are not taken into consideration....

Last edited by astrologer50; 03-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:55 PM

hmmm it's a bit wide for me... i only look at 4' orbs with everything!

Having a tight stellium myself, i still think that 3 planets in one house deserves further consideration as it is 'potent' and concentrated.

Tags
stellium