What strengths/skills do I have shown in my chart, for career etc? Been confused

caremelpudding

so i haven’t been thinking of my future much for the past few years due to mental/family conflicts, and i feel like i lost the direction of my life. i really wanna feel direction towards a goal again, i hate walking around aimlessly, but i don’t know where to start.
i was wondering if my chart could give some ideas, to help start considering career and all that. so any indications? thanks
https://imgur.com/a/Dw5NIXe

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

You seem to have several different directions. You've got a "splash" pattern to your chart, with planets in a lot of different houses and signs. This makes it easy to sustain a lot of different interests, while it can be too restrictive to focus on just one.

The following is predicated on the assumption that you have an accurate birth time.

The sun shows who you need to be in order to authentically be your best self. Your sun conjunct Neptune in the 8th house suggests to me that you want to probe deeply into life's mysteries, including those subjects labeled "occult."

More pragmatically, the 8th house is the traditional house of death, so careers include things like hospice work or something like paramedics or emergency room health care workers, where life and death are on the line. The 8th also includes investments, or financial services involving resources that people share in some way. It also includes probing into mysteries, so it rules detective and investigative work of various sorts.

Your north node (of the moon) shows where your personal growth lies. It may be well outside your comfort zone. Yours is in independent Aries in your 10th house of career. You want a career that allows you some personal autonomy, and to be a trail-blazer or innovator in some way.

You have a "yod" formation pointing to Pluto in the 6th house in Sagittarius. A yod looks like a narrow equilateral triangle. The planet at the tip indicates a fair bit of pressure on you to develop its core meanings in your life. Pluto can be merely the bully with a dominate-or-be-dominated mentality. But its deeper meaning is personal transformation-- like the phoenix of mythology. The 6th house deals with health problems, so if you have any, Pluto says that, "the way out is the way through," so that you can become a stronger person out the other side.

Other 6th house meanings are the principle of service and volunteerism, as well as small animals. You might volunteer at your local animal shelter, for example.

More pragmatically, in terms of career, can you say something about your education and job experience to date? That would help us to be more efficient, vs. a "blind" chart reading.

Last edited:

caremelpudding

Thanks so much for the detailed reply, I’ll keep this insight in mind! And at the moment I’m still in high school so I’m just looking into possible options right now, ideas for what to major in and such. I was thinking about going into Film, possibly for editing or screenwriting but not sure if that’s probable. Someone told me I’d be good doing IT/Information Tech but eh. And yes I actually am very interested in 8th house subjects/occult, me and a few of my family members are pretty sensitive to the paranormal and other kooky things (psychic dreams/insights etc.) so I’ve dealt a lot with that haha- and I do like investigative work a lot.

Sorry I can’t give much! Since I’m still in high school I don’t really have actual experience yet, lmk if there’s anything else I can provide

waybread

I think you'd be good at film studies.

I haven't come across this in my astro-readings, but I think Neptune rules film. It also rules your horoscope MC (career point, 10th house cusp) and conjuncts your sun.

Neptune deals with unreality, both positively and negatively. If you think about a really good film, the viewer gets pulled into its story and plot, as its own world. But actually, what goes into a film is acting, directing, music, makeup, costumes, stage sets, cinematography, editing, props, special effects, and so on. They are real, the film is imaginative. [True to some extent with documentaries, if you think of all the editorial decisions they involve.]

Screen-writing and editing are great (your Mercury is also ruled by Neptune) but film is such an integrative field you'd probably want to learn a lot about its different facets.

Just a couple of caveats: Film is a tough field to break into, so anything you can do now to investigate its different career paths would be good. Any practical or educational experience you can gain now would be good. Maybe your school has a film society or drama club that can get you some credentials. [If you don't want to act, get involved in stage-managing, lighting, props, or some such.] English composition or graphic design, ditto.

Maybe you can collaborate with some fellow students and mount a few short pieces on YouTube.

Think about your higher education. There are some good (and highly competitive) university programs out there; but also some interesting 2-year college programs, like animation. I think most animation these days is computerized, so if you have technical skills, that's a big asset.

Above all, develop your perseverance. You can't get discouraged by rejection, but can develop your spirit to learn from it and do better next time.

Just a side-note about Neptune. It also rules drugs and alcohol, and you are liable to be highly sensitive to them. Avoiding or minimizing their use is advised. Ditto with negative people. If you can't avoid them, it would be good to develop strong psychological boundaries.

Good luck, carmelpudding.

caremelpudding

Thank you for for taking the time to reply in detail, I appreciate it :) I’ll definitely consider you advice then, and yes i’ll be sure to stay away from drugs/alc. And yeah I think I’ll look into more practical jobs as a plan B. Again thanks this was really helpful