Is Pluto an astrological planet?

emily23

has it occurred to any Pluto hater that they might be under a Saturn psychology hold themselves? Aka in the kin of the people who hated the first printing press, the ones who invented the Internet etc? akin to the holders of power which was about to be disseminated for kingdom come! Why does Saturn HAVE to be the master and be all and end all of all things astrological, it just does not make any sense at all in any way shape or form...because the physics say so too, Saturn is NOT the end of the physical solar system and astrology is based on the physical solar system..it might be a small planet but then so is bloody mercury

JUPITERASC

has it occurred to any Pluto hater that they might be under a Saturn psychology hold themselves? Aka in the kin of the people who hated the first printing press, the ones who invented the Internet etc? akin to the holders of power which was about to be disseminated for kingdom come! Why does Saturn HAVE to be the master and be all and end all of all things astrological, it just does not make any sense at all in any way shape or form...because the physics say so too, Saturn is NOT the end of the physical solar system and astrology is based on the physical solar system..
has it occurred to any of the dwarf planet pluto afficianados that no one 'hates' that dwarf planet? :smile:

Quite simply, traditional astrology has a definition of what consitutes a traditional astrological planet
but
modern astrologers lack consensus as to what constitutes 'a modern astrological planet'

.it might be a small planet but then so is bloody mercury
pluto-the-dwarf-planet-14-638.jpg

Mercury is close to the Sun and so takes just 88 DAYS to orbit the sun
whereas distant invisible dwarf planet pluto requires 248 YEARS

Oddity

The dimmer, but visible, fixed stars aren't used in astrological delineation, either, even though the ancients could see them.

They don't cast enough light.

I think there are a few problems with the outers. One is that their significations were nicked from the classical planets. The other is that they're blamed/praised for almost everything. Someone tells of some emotional distress, and you see Mars in Libra on the ascendant opposing Saturn in Aries, but no, that can't be it, it's the biseptile from Pluto to Venus. You got rich. Pluto transitted your second house. You went bankrupt. Pluto transitted your second house. These are really delineations I've seen.

The outers, with an emphasis on Pluto, are about the only thing many modern astrologers look at. And that's crazy.

People are saying there's something wrong with my psychology, with other people who use trad techniques, because using Pluto is so normative, there must be a signature in our birth charts as to why we don't. I did, for over 20 years, and the more I worked with it, the more charts I looked at, the less impressed I was. So I dropped the outers. And my astrology got better for it.

Can you use Pluto? Sure, and the vast, vast majority of people here do. But you don't HAVE to. Charts are perfectly comprehensible without it, and it seems to obfuscate matters more than clarify them when it is used, at least from what I've seen.

emily23

has it occurred to any of the dwarf planet pluto afficianados that no one 'hates' that dwarf planet? :smile:

Quite simply, traditional astrology has a definition of what consitutes a traditional astrological planet
but
modern astrologers lack consensus as to what constitutes 'a modern astrological planet'

pluto-the-dwarf-planet-14-638.jpg

Mercury is close to the Sun and so takes just 88 DAYS to orbit the sun
whereas distant invisible dwarf planet pluto requires 248 YEARS

relatively soaking size wise

And there would be no aficionados if there weren't whingers about nothing seeing as Pluto means nothing you're expending an awful lot of energy sayng so lol

emily23

There's no credible modern astrological definition of 'an astrological planet'
and no proof of dwarf planet pluto being 'a modern astrological planet' :smile:

That's a matter of opinion
there's no definition of 'a modern astrological planet'

you are free to stay in the 17th century along with all the Luddites witch burners bible bashers....??

SATURN is NOT the end of the astrology universe and I'm soooo glad he/she is not because he/she is a pain in the **** most of the time, and most people have got his//her number now, respect it, but free to explore beyond it,,,,,in your world maybe the headmaster was God, well, guess what, he isn't, if he was you would never have new inventions, new art, questioning of tradition etc all things that make PROGRESS for humanity, good night

JUPITERASC

you are free to stay in the 17th century along with all the Luddites witch burners bible bashers....??

SATURN is NOT the end of the astrology universe and I'm soooo glad he/she is not because he/she is a pain in the **** most of the time, and most people have got his//her number now, respect it, but free to explore beyond it,,,,,in your world maybe the headmaster was God, well, guess what, he isn't, good night
This thread topic does not concern Saturn :smile:
if you wish to discuss Saturn and the astrological universe
you are free to commence a new threa
d

emily23

This thread topic does not concern Saturn :smile:
if you wish to discuss Saturn and the astrological universe
you are free to commence a new threa
d

it most certainly DOES involve Saturn as Saturn is the final end of the traditional astrology school whereas Pluto is the end of the modern school, as far as planets go that is, and the argument is about Pluto not being a planet..don't you see the relevance?

I suppose one could start a thread about Uranus or Neptune too in ths vein, they are meaningless, why hasn't anyone? Do traditional astrologers value them more than Pluto or value them at all? Or none? It's no skin off my nose Jupiter, I just don't recall anyone making such a song and dance act about Pluto meaning nothng before...,,,

emily23

The dimmer, but visible, fixed stars aren't used in astrological delineation, either, even though the ancients could see them.

They don't cast enough light.

I think there are a few problems with the outers. One is that their significations were nicked from the classical planets. The other is that they're blamed/praised for almost everything. Someone tells of some emotional distress, and you see Mars in Libra on the ascendant opposing Saturn in Aries, but no, that can't be it, it's the biseptile from Pluto to Venus. You got rich. Pluto transitted your second house. You went bankrupt. Pluto transitted your second house. These are really delineations I've seen.

The outers, with an emphasis on Pluto, are about the only thing many modern astrologers look at. And that's crazy.

People are saying there's something wrong with my psychology, with other people who use trad techniques, because using Pluto is so normative, there must be a signature in our birth charts as to why we don't. I did, for over 20 years, and the more I worked with it, the more charts I looked at, the less impressed I was. So I dropped the outers. And my astrology got better for it.

Can you use Pluto? Sure, and the vast, vast majority of people here do. But you don't HAVE to. Charts are perfectly comprehensible without it, and it seems to obfuscate matters more than clarify them when it is used, at least from what I've seen.

I use Jupter Uranus coming into money :)

I think you exaggerated when you said all the modern astrologers use the outers and especially Pluto..and nothng else...that is just so plainly untrue....SOME modern astrologers thnk the outers are special and of course they are not any more so than any other planet...and they certainly don't JUST use the outers, the outers are a fact in our modern astronomical culture and need to be integrated into our astrology....JMHO They don't HAVE to be of course, but they must mean somerthing...and that something is a reflection of human progress as mirrored here On planet earth as above so below, when we are ready of course, final goodnight just had to have another peak in

Last edited:

unique_astrology

I decline to waste my time participating in a non-winnable subcategory of an argument (the main one being whether or not astrology itself is viable) both being non-winnable as they are based on ideology.

I believe the wise solution to this particular difference, and the larger one, is compromise, with both sides agreeing to 'live and let live' and let the matter drop. At any rate, the answer, if there is one, is of no real consequence in the lives of the billions of people who inhabit the earth nor would it have been in the lives of the billions who have come before us. Every classification about the objects in this solar system is nothing more than man's opinion - which nature cares nothing about. That's right, I believe that man's opinion of whether or not Pluto is a planet is of no consequence in the day-to-day affairs of men. What is of consequence is how people choose to express themselves regardless of aspects in 'their' horoscope. It seems most choose a peaceful way or we would not have singular murderers committing their heinous deeds but legions of them going off at nearly the same time.

JUPITERASC

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

pluto is a dwarf planet, not a planet
it most certainly DOES involve Saturn as Saturn is the final end of the traditional astrology school
whereas Pluto is the end of the modern school, as far as planets go that is,
and the argument is about Pluto not being a planet
..don't you see the relevance?,
That's a discussion for another thread
because this threads focus is on determining what makes pluto an astrological planet

I suppose one could start a thread about Uranus or Neptune too in ths vein, they are meaningless, why hasn't anyone?

if you cannot find that discussion already then nothing prevents you from commencing your own thread discussion
if that is a topic of particular interest to you
as it seems to be
given your frequently raising this topic

Do traditional astrologers value them more than Pluto or value them at all? Or none?
It's no skin off my nose Jupiter,
That's a topic for discussion on another thread and by all means commence one
as that is of interest to you

I just don't recall anyone making such a song and dance act about Pluto meaning nothng before...,,,
Just because you don't recall anyone questioning dwarf planet pluto's astrological use before
does not mean no one has questioned dwarf planet pluto being 'an astrological planet' before

Last edited by a moderator:

lauren2x

Okay let me end this pluto is an astrological planet and he do has influence big time and for all who dont belive that pluto in an astrological planet should start beliving

JUPITERASC

Jupiterasc i have a questions
why do you hate pluto that much because it is just too real ?
or it is because your too weak ?

and okay you know what you dont have to belive in pluto
but dont come here and try to convinse people who do cause you just look WEAK and DUMB
There's no postable answer to that :smile:

why you not answer my questions
Read my answers

so one more question

if scientists decide that jupiter is a dwarf planet

would you still call yourself jupiterasc ehhh ????.!

maxresdefault.jpg