Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Bunraku

Not really. I’m just being really biased. This person could probably have a bright and illustrious career. I just don’t like 6th house planets. :lol:

conspiracy theorist

That grand trine happens to fall in her professional houses, they are all in strong essential dignity and are flowing, Mercury is strongly advancing and trine it's ruler (although said ruler is the contrary to sect malefic and located in the 8th sign) and even Spica is rising in the chart. The chart is not without difficulty but it seems to point to lots of talent.

I'm sticking to the surface deliberately on this one, as I'm not much motivated to spend time on it.

6th house... is the dislike based on the tradition or experience (or both)?

Last edited:

leomoon

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83538&d=1577972454

What’s your opinion on this chart y’all?
I don’t like that Venus is in the 6th sign.

But the night planets dominating this seems pretty ethereal. So I’m thinking she floats around in a see through gown, but if you look past the gown it’s just sparkles and orbs. In the 6th house, she probably haunts her place of work.

January 9th? Thats my b.d. but decades and decades earlier!:whistling: But I don't see Venus in the 6th in this LINKED chart.

I do have that Sun (same degree however) cj. (combust Mars) in the 6th within 05 degrees of the 7th so that helps me plus Mars is exalted in this sign. Bottom line is I have chronic illnesses (all my life) but still manage to do okay with them.

The 6th house (I learned from personal experience) a Vedic astrologer informed is also a house of civil lawsuits. (you can be sued) as well as the house we attribute to chronic health issues and service related jobs.

(My father i.e. Sun & a Virgo) drove a taxicab for years, then worked for Civil Service monitoring claims for Social Security

The 10th is the higher positions rather then service related jobs.

The 6th also ruled small house pets. I always had a small dog but my husband insists he doesn't now want any "livestock" in the house. :wink:

david starling

When I reserve some time, I'll take a look at his chart. Which of his ideas in particular have you found inspiration? How will you apply it to your outlining of 12/12?

Most importantly, he credits the ability to mechanically and very accurately measure very small increments of TIME with the development of modern technology. I associate that with SATURN, which supports my contention that modern technology is the product of a tropical Age of Capricorn, rather than the sidereal version of an Age of Pisces, ruled by Neptune (as I see it); or, by Neptune and/or Jupiter, as others may see it.

The development of the mechanical clock began WELL before the beginning of the Aquarian Age. Also, modern technology is manifestly materialistic, corresponding to the Age of an Earth-sign, rather than an Air or Water-sign.

leomoon

leomoon, glad you do okay with your illnesses... in fact you seem to have lived your life richly and well which we should all aspire to, with or without awareness of life’s fragility.
(They are talking whole signs there, is what I follow on that Venus in Pisces.)

Thanks for the head's up and your kindnesses towards me Passiflora. :love: Its appreciateid!

leomoon

Yeah absolutely, you contribute so much around here. I was also thinking of what’s up w/ the hate on 6th sign and 6th house, the virgin equated somehow to suffering through slavery or illness. Is there some way in which that’s an artifact of patriarchal or slave-owning societies. Cause to me the archetypal virgin is the one choosing what she wants.

The Dusthana 6th house is certainly a house of suffering as far as I can tell from personal experience, be it lawsuits and/or Chronic physical health issues from lung damage, to psoriasis, to early arthritis, to blah blah blah :wink:

BUT I never thought of the house as you mentioned with the Virgin per se - as an overall constellation of stars here. However, now that I think of it, certainly Vindemiatrix is a very critical star which almost always brings suffering to the native. It's now located 09Libra in ithe Sidereal skies.

Virgo, Vindemiatrix, is a bright yellow star in the right wing, or right arm, of the Virgin.

For Opal who reads Bullinger:
Bullinger in Witness to the Stars, a Christian publication, wrote "The star epsilon, in the arm bearing the branch, is called Al Mureddin, which means who shall come down (as in Psa 72:8), or who shall have dominion. It is also known as Vindemiatrix, a Chaldee word which means "the son", or "branch, who cometh".

From Constellation of Words:
This constellation is said to represent Erigone, daughter of Icarius, who hanged herself through grief at the death of her father (Bootes). According to other accounts it is Astraea, daughter of one of the Titans, who sided with the Gods against her own father. [Robson*, p.66.]

"spicifera est Virgo Cereris" — "The Virgin with her sheaf belongs to Ceres". [Astronomica, Manilius, 1st century AD, p.117]

I believe the location of Vindemiatrix is the most critical of all the stars here, via 09Libra now.

As for the suggestion:
Cause to me the archetypal virgin is the one choosing what she wants.
For me, its a matter of philosophical belief, i.e. we DO choose our time and place of birth. So in effect, yes, we are choosing aren't we perhaps on a different plane and on this one, we'd say, "WTF did I do that for?" :w00t::tongue:

Yet, I always remind myself, its across from the 12th, and those who wish not to have to return to the earth plane again and again and again, may wish to take on such as house or any of the Dusthana houses and just 'get it over with" :biggrin: That's truly how I feel about it. One MUST learn in the end, (of a circle), "service to others" one way or another. Vedic circles call it "the growing house"

Last edited:

leomoon

I just checked my Sidereal chart and see that I do have 17Virgo for my Neptune position in the 4th house which is opposite my MC in Pisces. :joyful:

leomoon

I have SN in 6th, its dispositor (modern) cazimi my sun (and trad dispositor rules & is in mutual reception w/my sun) and though I am incredibly sensitive to loss and suffering of those in my environment and have a lot of environmental sensitivities I have managed my sensitivities through awareness. Certainly do see how nodes differ from planets.

My favorite Nodes books were a series of them called "Karmic Astrology" by Robert Schulman (the late astrologer)

I think I sold this one, but it had all teh houses as wel the signs and they truly made the most sense the way he explained them.

The 6th is across from the 12th so he would have gone on about paying attention to the "past" i.e. the SN in the 12th - and how the soul is attempting to integrate the lessons of each.

https://www.amazon.com/Karmic-Astrology-Moons-Nodes-Reincarnation/dp/0877282889#reader_0877282889

If I find it, I can post more.

Ukpoohbear

As for the suggestion: For me, its a matter of philosophical belief, i.e. we DO choose our time and place of birth. So in effect, yes, we are choosing aren't we perhaps on a different plane and on this one, we'd say, "WTF did I do that for?" :w00t::tongue:

Yet, I always remind myself, its across from the 12th, and those who wish not to have to return to the earth plane again and again and again, may wish to take on such as house or any of the Dusthana houses and just 'get it over with" :biggrin: That's truly how I feel about it. One MUST learn in the end, (of a circle), "service to others" one way or another. Vedic circles call it "the growing house"

I love and agree with everything you’ve said here.

I would also like to add that there is no highest form of love than that of service. To contrast, Venus in 5th is flashy and ego-driven, although a lot of fun, but in the 6th, is possibly when the real meaning of love begins. Love cannot be just about service though, it has to be balanced in the 7th. But love as an act of service is beautiful.

You don’t appreciate love until you know what it’s like not to have it.

And yes, paying back karma and getting it out of the way is a brave choice to make in another plane :)

leomoon

I have SN in 6th, its dispositor (modern) cazimi my sun (and trad dispositor rules & is in mutual reception w/my sun) and though I am incredibly sensitive to loss and suffering of those in my environment and have a lot of environmental sensitivities I have managed my sensitivities through awareness. Certainly do see how nodes differ from planets.

My favorite Nodes books were a series of them called "Karmic Astrology" by Robert Schulman (the late astrologer)

I think I sold this one, but it had all the houses as well the signs and they truly made the most sense the way he explained them.

The 6th is across from the 12th so he would have gone on about paying attention to the "past" i.e. the SN in the 12th - and how the soul is attempting to integrate the lessons of each.

https://www.amazon.com/Karmic-Astrology-Moons-Nodes-Reincarnation/dp/0877282889#reader_0877282889

If I find it, I can post more.

HERE IT IS! pg. 76 is the 12th-6th House Nodes -

https://b-ok.cc/book/948497/06adc1

Its a free download, I just downloaded myself as PDF......but if you have a problem, I can probably make it into a link for you....

Last edited:

leomoon

I love and agree with everything you’ve said here.

I would also like to add that there is no highest form of love than that of service. To contrast, Venus in 5th is flashy and ego-driven, although a lot of fun, but in the 6th, is possibly when the real meaning of love begins. Love cannot be just about service though, it has to be balanced in the 7th. But love as an act of service is beautiful.

You don’t appreciate love until you know what it’s like not to have it.

And yes, paying back karma and getting it out of the way is a brave choice to make in another plane :)

Very interesting that you mentioned "you don't appreciate love until you know what its like not to have it"

In this lifetime, I've effectively lost 3 children. I can see in my 5th house where and how, (the reflected loss degree of Jupiter), and can trace also in my husband's house, but as I told him, the hardest thing to do is to give up EVERYTHING and have zero (no attachments) when we leave this plane behind.

Its not something I'd recommend for the weak hearted. Its the toughest lesson of all :sad:

leomoon

Ukpoohbear

Since you express interest, I will share a dream I once had concerning my 6th house and karma.

About 23 years ago, I was feeling very low, because someone had decided to sue us for a lot of money (someone whose child had sickle cell anemia) an inherited blood disorder.

However, they "tied" it in with a house we once rented to them and in a city where it was 90-10 in favor of all tenants regardless of what or how.

At that time when we rec'd a notice and I called the mother myself on the phone, she aid, "don't worry, I know how good you were to me, its the insurance company who will pay":unsure: :crying:

The amazing thing is, I had kept records of every house we ever rented, and the insurance policy for each had long long ago been thrown away when we moved. As I searched thru the leftover files, miraculously? I found the 1 policy that mattered, for that particular house. Having been in the insurance business myself before I married, I knew the company made a mistake by not attaching a certain caveat endorsement.....that I quickly noted.

Fast forward ......As we fretted night and day over this and I insisted on moving and selling our house :( feeling "exposed"

I had a dream.

In this dream we were back in our old town of residence, and I was on the freeway. As I drove down the freeway, I saw a policecar with his lights on pulling me over :w00t::rightful: I thought "oh ****, maybe I was speeding just a wee bit"

The policeman had a little hand held computer (which is strange because there were no computers hand held in those days before 2000) - but he started to put my name and info into this little computer. I looked over his shoulder and thought to myself, "OMG, I forgot all about that infraction or this one or that".....minor things but still "sins" so to speak.

While looking at all of this, he could not get what he needed to ticket me. It said - simply wouldn't "go through at this time" the screen flashed this.

end of dream....

I knew that the dream told me that this lawsuit "would not go through at this time". I belonged then to an Edgar Cayce group where I could discuss dreams and did.

In about a month's time, we had an appointment in old our town with the lawyer for the insurance company.....After we flew 3,000 miles to meet, and spent the night, the next morning we were told, "I have good news and bad news"....I said, "the bad news first?"......She said, "well, you came all this way for nothing"
The "good news" is that they dropped the case! I told the lawyer about my dream, and that I sort of knew this would happen because of it. She said, they never saw this before happen to anyone this long (far into) the case to just drop it and walk away.

I was elated.....especially because I knew the dream was precognitive and all that it implied.

As it turned out, the message in the dream was "not at this time"......which someone in the study group called to my attention, and sure enough, the "karma" came through 11 years later, (after they got a new lawyer and the boy grew into a young adult)

Its not the only case of precognitive dreams, but I loved that one because it seemed so clear to me.

It also led me to understand there is a "time and a place" for everything under the sun (the biblical phrase goes) , including karma.

The "time" 11 years later was when Tr Pluto cj. my 6th house Mercury and squared my MC. There were of course at least 3 other aspects that would show this type of problem including Vesta'.

Such a dream didn't take away all the angst when the event happened of course, but gave me an understanding I didn't have before the dream.

Last edited:

david starling

Thanks for the rec and link! Queued up :)
David, the site leomoon linked (there are a few more like it) ought to be a little light coming through saturnine tech.

Anyone know who mentioned historian Lewis Mumford, the author of "The Myth of the Machine"? I'm finding his work very useful, and hadn't noticed him before. (I can't find the post.)

conspiracy theorist

At least, could you remember if it came from a regular, or from one of those posters who have interesting ideas but never posts more than a few times? Maybe you saw it from one of those loquacious posters.

david starling

At least, could you remember if it came from a regular, or from one of those posters who have interesting ideas but never posts more than a few times? Maybe you saw it from one of those loquacious posters.

It was someone regular, but Mumford was just mentioned, not what the post was all about.

Will the mystery poster please sign in, and claim the credit?