Severe Social Anxiety - Are there indicators in my chart?

I'm currently 27, male, and I have suffered with severe social anxiety my whole life. I've always found myself on the outside of any social group, whether it's been in school, at work or otherwise.

I'm very uneasy around people, and people's energy really effect me.

Are there any clear indicators in my chart that suggest social anxiety, or fear of large groups of people? I'm not sure how to overcome this.

Appreciate all insights!

Thanks,

Attachments

• Birth Chart.jpg
    Birth Chart.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 40

Amit89

Your pisces ascendant to me seems like you are sensitive, emotional and don't like to get into confrontations.

You also have sun in cancer in house 4, which suggests you are sensitive and vulnerable.

You need to take a look outside and take steps. It's not easy, but converse with people around you, make smile talk, make eye contact, take assertiveness training. Stop caring what people think, they are not important to you.

Take risks daily.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Sorry to hear about your difficulties. There are some possible indicators of social anxiety, but there are also some placements that suggest confidence (mainly Moon in Sagittarius and Jupiter closely opposite the ASC/MC midpoint and closely semi-square the Sun/Moon midpoint.

As Amit89 notes, water placements can be sensitive. The other thing that jumps out at me is the close square from the Venus Mars conjunction to Pluto. Unless you were disempowered by someone in your formative years, and the Pluto squares predispose you to keep projecting that unsettling external power onto others, I'm at a loss to account for the severity of your anxiety using the chart.

Hope you get the answers you need (but suspect you will need to find them within with the help of a good therapist - perhaps someone who deals with post traumatic stress disorder, even if you can't point to a traumatic experience from your past). Best wishes,

Miquar

Miquar

Your pisces ascendant to me seems like you are sensitive, emotional and don't like to get into confrontations.

You also have sun in cancer in house 4, which suggests you are sensitive and vulnerable.

You need to take a look outside and take steps. It's not easy, but converse with people around you, make smile talk, make eye contact, take assertiveness training. Stop caring what people think, they are not important to you.

Take risks daily.

Amit - Thank you for your feedback! I agree, having a Pisces ASC makes me sensitive to my environment and others.

You give good advice, which I will take with me. It’s hard to not care what other people think, especially at work, but it might help me not get so wound up!

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. Sorry to hear about your difficulties. There are some possible indicators of social anxiety, but there are also some placements that suggest confidence (mainly Moon in Sagittarius and Jupiter closely opposite the ASC/MC midpoint and closely semi-square the Sun/Moon midpoint.

As Amit89 notes, water placements can be sensitive. The other thing that jumps out at me is the close square from the Venus Mars conjunction to Pluto. Unless you were disempowered by someone in your formative years, and the Pluto squares predispose you to keep projecting that unsettling external power onto others, I'm at a loss to account for the severity of your anxiety using the chart.

Hope you get the answers you need (but suspect you will need to find them within with the help of a good therapist - perhaps someone who deals with post traumatic stress disorder, even if you can't point to a traumatic experience from your past). Best wishes,

Miquar

Miquar

Hi Miquar - thanks for your sympathies, and well thought out response!

It’s interesting you note about how the Jupiter/Moon aspects would lend itself to confidence. I’m not sure if having my Moon so close to the MC makes me extra sensitive to how I’m viewed by others, as I know the 10H relates to reputation, and public opinion.

The Mars sq. Pluto aspect has always intrigued me about my chart. I can’t honestly say that I’ve felt it’s full effects throughout my life, but maybe it manifests itself in other ways.

I appreciate your suggestion about speaking to someone about my anxiety. I think that’s something I’m going to do.

Thanks for your feedback!