Career guidance - Sixth house Sun

Arena

Maybe it isnt the only one that can bring money. Ruler of 10th house, jupiter is inyour 5th house, so it is not surprising at 'all that you want to do creative work :wink:

R4VEN

I'm with Arena. Your MC (Midheaven, where we usually look to determine work/career) is ruled by Uranus, and then poor Uranus is in your 6th. (I have natal Uranus in 5th, but closely conjunct 6th house cusp, and repetitive, mundane work bores me rigid!)

Go with your passion. (I didn't, and I have regretted it ever since) You have powerful planets in the 5th house, such that you will be able to endure and persist and make changes to what you are doing if things don't turn out the way you plan. You have a Pluto-Jupiter conj plus Saturn in your 5th. That us where you should put your energies.

Lion o ness

@missscorpio.
I know exactly what you mean. I have a stellium in h6, and at times the routine and the everyone needing something drives me completely insane.

Sadly it's a contraction in the chart, your (like me) prone to h6 tasks, probaly do well in the area. It's what you want, but not what you need, so to speak. Idk if you can ever truly ever get away from the h6. Theme, no matter what job you choose. It's a part of who you are...

For me, I get tired of being the go to girl, it gets old and frustrating. But honestly if people didn't come to me, I probably wouldn't be happy.. Lol.
I use creative ways at work when possible, and I do creative projects in my personal time (feed my creative side)

I say continue writing in your spare time, you can also look for freelance work, for your free time also.. Maybe one day that can progress to a livable income.

Never give up! Keep helping people, feed your h6. And your creativity side. :biggrin::biggrin:

MissScorpio

Hi Lion o ness, I like what you say here, may I ask what the stellium is in your 6th and what your Sun is in?
I do enjoy helping people, but the peril of the 6th is the constant routine, and its easy to obsess over.. It can become so much at times that you put important things on hold just so you can fix your routines.

I think the 6th can manifest great healing if you do a thorough job of things , you really feel as if you have triumphed , but there can also be a lot of time wasting involved with trivial little things that take up too much time!

JUPITERASC

Hi guys,
Just looking for some career guidance. I am an astrologer, but needing second opinion.
I am very bored. As you will see I have sixth house Sun conjunct Uranus ..My chart rulership also being in the sixth in Scorpio , I am constantly having to deal with other peoples’ problems. I am lucky in that I am freelance and changeable but sadly everything ends up becoming a languid routine and I am tired now of hearing the same old stories, day after day. I wouldn’t mind, but I just don’t want to do this continuously.
I have many different areas in focus, my main focal point is writing/creative arts, spiritual but its hard because my present job is the only one that brings in money.

Whilst I am aware

that the sixth relates to gruelling tasks?

I would like to think I can change this, as when my heart is not really in something, I really become quite emphatic. Need to break free and am welcoming guidance.
Whether those tasks are gruelling or not
is dependent on the condition of natal 6th ruler :smile:
as well as house and sign location

Main Rulerships of 6th

'.....Illness and disease, its condition and cause.
All matters relating to the health industry and those who work in it: dentists, doctors, nurses.
Employees, tenants and servants.
Lilly specifically mentions day-labourers, farmers and shepherds.

Goldstein-Jacobson mentions those who live on the native's property,
such as caretakers, au-pairs, lodgers, etc.
Also domestic issues gernerally......'

Pets, small animals and lesser cattle
The 6th house also has a connection with farming and crops generally.
Sorrow. Generally this is regarded as a house of weakness and affliction.
As a cadent house it represents alien or unhelpful conditions
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h6.html

Lion o ness

Hi Lion o ness, I like what you say here, may I ask what the stellium is in your 6th and what your Sun is in?
I do enjoy helping people, but the peril of the 6th is the constant routine, and its easy to obsess over.. It can become so much at times that you put important things on hold just so you can fix your routines.

I think the 6th can manifest great healing if you do a thorough job of things , you really feel as if you have triumphed , but there can also be a lot of time wasting involved with trivial little things that take up too much time!

I have 4 Leo planets in h6
Sun, moon, mercury, and mars.

My job isn't really helping people, but I'm the go to girl when someone needs help, if that makes since..
For me,I'm stuck in my routine. I would probaly loose my mind, to go out of routine. FYI. I've been with the same company for 20yrs... I'm way to loyal.. Hahah

Lion o ness

Whilst traditional is something I consider, it is a little too black and white for me. I can not relate to any of this I am not a dentist, doctor or nurse and have no desire to be.

To assume that everyone who has sixth house connection is going to experience illness is a little harsh . I understand the nature of the sixth but do not follow all of what it seems to denote.

I agree, these h6 themes don't fit me either, I have no major illness, into farming or work in medical industry. Pets are ok, as long as they don't live in my house... Lol...

JUPITERASC

Whilst traditional is something I consider,
it is a little too black and white for me.
I can not relate to any of this
I am not a dentist, doctor or nurse and have no desire to be.
6th House includes:

'All matters relating to the health industry and those who work in it'

the health industry has a vast number of career possibilities :smile:

INCLUDING dentists, doctors, nurses
not SOLELY dentists, doctors, nurses

and
includes domestic issues generally

To assume
that everyone who has sixth house connection
is going to experience illness
is a little harsh .
To assume
that no one is going to experience illness
is a little unrealistic

by the way
Every natal chart 'has a 6th House connection' via 6th House
ruler

I understand the nature of the sixth but do not follow all of what it seems to denote.

Lion o ness

6th house is connected to illness whether major or not

6th house also denotes domestic issues generally :smile:
including
but not solely
care-takers, au pairs, lodgers

I get it, but none of it fits, routine and doing things for people, being the go to girl, from family, work co workers, meanin when some one needs something Or is in trouble, I get the call, when they want to go out and have fun, I get no calls... Lol... The problem solver...

This is how my h6 theme has played out for me.

I get tired of doing everything for people, when I need something or help, every says oh sorry busy!

I HAD a friend, she asked me to pick up her daughter from daycare (everyday)
And take her home, cuz when she got off she would have to pay late fees.
I did this every single day for months..
Then when she no longer needed me...
She asked me if I could take her to her doc appt, I said I couldn't I had to work. Well she never spoke to me again... It was on a sat, she didn't believe me.. Figured I was lying... Idk.. Whatever.
This is my theme...
Seems like people don't want anything to do with me, unless I'm doing them favors...

FYI.. I stopped after that.. I'm not doing any more favors... Feeling I'm being taking advantage of.

Krewster

I’m more inclined to assume aspects to the personals (and environment of course) predominate (e.g., I’ve a 5-planet stellium in the 6th -all personals except the luminaries- but a super-healthy 6-ish decades and, though the several-decade career had crazy-level clerical elements, there was no emphasis on helping persons personally –messy- and no sense of being stuck in drudgery). So, 6th house keywords only seemed applicable to my stellium to the extent of the contentedness I felt with a support role for others in the limelight.

Your chart sports seven quintile/decide/semi-decile aspects from every personal planet to Jup, Uran and Pluto (hence your emphasis on creative activities). But neither creativity nor your mentioned spirituality bring in the bucks these days and astrological analysis can’t fix this social reality (of being so bombarded with reproduced art).

Note your Sun/Uran is quite a bit looser than other aspects made to each of them (e.g., the 40 min-average orbed 30-105-75 triangle among Uran-Moon-Mars likely provides endless energy which can be dissipated by your Mars’ 15 min orbed (tri)undecile to Nept and, separately, your Sun apex/midpoints your one-min-orbed Jup-Nept relationship (divide the circle by 13), so your Sun appears highly colored by this symmetrical relationship with Jup and Nept (perhaps inclining towards help of others).

MissScorpio

PS aren't Semi/Sextile - Quintile aspects considered minor? Although Uranus maybe a little looser, I consider it to be a conjunction which has more power.

Last edited:

Krewster

They're minor until they are not (which depends whether you reach out, e.g., with regular display of them in your casting program)

JUPITERASC

The Sixth House is commonly referred to as the House of Health.
Perhaps more about maintaining good health?
It's the 1st House that is commonly associated with level of Health :smile:

Main Rulerships of 1st House are:
Life, vitality and health.

......As well as describing the physical appearance,
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler indicates the level of personal vitality
and strength.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html